As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kallisti's Sketchadoodles

KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
edited May 2015 in Artist's Corner
Alright, I'm throwing it all out there, let's get this party started:

xcwo29y5jsbn.png
4lp7gae8zhhs.png
1j1gei4t21p6.png
sllklk72whee.png
vj2kg7wl6gr2.png
lopy3svglnkh.png
w1kz7moq9wpn.png
gwylaldm4b5u.png
m9lawyqpzg1o.png
9rrrtq8ljdel.jpg
uqxx4cuir25p.jpg
akelzkp3rqwb.jpg
cjp4q8e2eyms.jpg
d3hqzu7bksdq.jpg
lx9eo79wyhtl.png
c4i6hu8svx5i.png
gjfeh1iy9qi4.png
ktyk3n2v7cjj.png
7uigog5rpdon.png
dceo1cdyd0lu.png
mmkd0y820xj7.png

Ahh I'm not really sure where to go from here or where to focus my efforts, I like a lot of different things!

Kallisti on

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Those gouache cars are adorableamazing.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love the weight your linework gives to your figure drawings. There's an excellent fluidity there, too. It comes out a little bit in your cartoons but sometimes they can be a bit stiff and linear, compared with your referenced material. I'm thinking of these in particular

m9lawyqpzg1o.png

which may not be representative of your usual work. It would be nice to pull some of those curves and angles into these though.

• acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    Ahh oh my god all this stuff is amazing. I can't stop picturing your cars all skidding in crazy directions. I love your little nature paintings too. Everything you draw has so much life to it. The only thing I can criticize, and it may be a conscious choice because your style seems pretty well established, but your eyes all seem to lay flat on the face, like a sticker or decal. I'm guilty of the same thing, and mostly end up reducing the eyes to a simple circle or less when I'm sketching or drawing comics, but I think it would add another dimension to your figure drawings if the facial structure was a little more overtly 3d.

That said, your stuff is amazing and I love it. And I want to see more of it.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    So much love for those environments. Lovely shapes and textures. The traditional stuff is all super charming, you have a delicate touch with it.

Post more all the time

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    G'dang!

• KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Ah thanks guys! I feel like I don't have an objective view of my work since I've personally stared at it for so long, so I'm hoping by barfing it all up in this thread maybe I can get a little direction on what to do with all this. I'm currently working on some boards right now, but I think I might go back and paint over some of this later. Feeback advice yada appreciated, thanks!

• KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    rfojhlfoqi7f.png

I did a thing! I haven't colored digitally in ages.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pooost morrre

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Your style is excellent Kallisti