Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 5E PbP] 28 Weeks Later (Game starts back up on page 9)

1789101113»

Posts

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "Sounds not unlike reading the future," said Birch, pushing aside his nerves and trying to show a bit of courage for once. "Perhaps we should hurry forward, then? Get the, er, drop on them, as it were?"

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm back! Beaches rule but so does rolling dice. Now... where were we?

    Bleak turned away from the map, fingers flexing around the hilt of her sword as she looked at her companions. They had been battered since arriving, but now they had a clear plan, a path to follow.
    "I took a beating against those knights, but I'm ready to fight. Birch is right, we should move swiftly."

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "Aye. Let's get moving. I really wanna know what kind of tentacle monster we get to kill at the end of this quest!"

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Okay," Gwendolyn says. "I'm not going to go with you, because I'm afraid of dying. So, good luck. Oh and take these. They're not quite ripe yet, but they pack a punch once they're ready. Kind of my own version of a Goodberry, but better. Betterberries."

    She gives each one of you a small green berry. They don't do anything at all until they change from green to blue. Once they're blue, you can eat one and get the equivalent of a long rest after letting it digest for about 15 minutes. I'll tell you when the Betterberries are ready.

    If there's nothing else you want to do, I'll move things along with my next post.

    FuselageSteelhawkMongrel Idiot
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    "Death is nothing to fear. A cessation of pain, an end to sadness and loss, with the embrace of the divine to comfort you. Still, we thank you for your aid."
    Bleak pulled up her hood, ready to go.
    Let's kick some butt!

    Steelhawk
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Gwendolyn sends you on your way without ceremony. You proceed through the twisting labyrinth that makes up Anbury's sewers, perhaps while pondering why a city of this size - which is not particularly large - would have such a complicated sewer system.

    In any case, it makes for a great adventuring location. After a few hours of dirty water, slime mold, and rats, you come to the broken sewer wall pointed out on your map. This leads to a cave system, dimly lit by glowing moss. The caves show some sign of being worked and used by people, but are still pretty rough.

    You were warned that these caves are not empty, and it's not long before you see your first evidence of that. You come upon a chamber where several dead bodies litter the floor. The grey-skinned, humanoid corpses are being picked over by what can only be described as floating brains. Long tentacles trail down from these creatures, which they are using to poke and prod the corpses. They do not appear to have noticed you. What do you do?

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "Dear, dear, dear..." murmured Birch, wracking his brain for any knowledge of such horrible creatures.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Intelligence check

    Intelligence check:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Its Grell, isn't it? :) A monster with tentacles that I had completely forgot about. Nice.

    Strom is about to yell, "Tentacle Monster! Kill it!" before flying into a rage and charging...so if someone with a cooler head wants to lay out a battle plan or something, please go ahead. Just try to include a raging dwarf barbarian in that plan please.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Birch, you've read stories about brain-eating monsters that fly around at night when all sensible people should be safely in their beds. Details are vague, but they generally agree that these "grells" have magic powers and eat brains.

    If anyone else wants to chime in go ahead. Otherwise Strom will be charging in on Friday.

  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Bleak clenches her fist, eyes scanning the chamber for a route around the beasts. "We don't have to kill them if we can evade them, Strom. Save your bloodthirst for the real fights."

    Is there any way to bypass them or are they blocking our only route?
    Geth, roll 1d20-1 to find a path

    to find a path:
    1d20-1 14 [1d20=15]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Bleak, if all of you are very quiet and stick to the dimmest parts of the cave, you have a chance to get around them, particularly because they're busy picking through the corpses of ... well you don't really know who those corpses are. Or what.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "Dear me," murmurs Birch, "but perhaps Bleak has it right. After our... difficulties at the tower, it might be wise to evade another fight... dear dear..."

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Hey guys, just a heads up that I'm about to have a psychotically busy week at work. I should be able to sneak posts in, but sorry in advance if I'm a bit slow at it!

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    So what's the plan then? Anyone going to try to calm Strom down before he charges in? Use him as a distraction? Charge in with him?

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I know Birch was looking for a way around the Grell...but the DM is right...Strom really should have lost patience with this whole "plan" business a long time ago. :)

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I think Birch probably hemmed and hawed his way into a fight here, by now. Dear, dear...

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Well...alright then...its been long enough.

    "Tentacle monsters! Tentacle Monsters!" Strom yells, a bit of foam leaking out of the side of his mouth "Kill it! KILL IT!!!" and with both weapons raised, he charges forwards, heedless of any danger. Once within range, Strom leaps though the air both weapons raised over his head before bringing them both down on the squishy parts!


    Bonus: RAGE!
    Move: Charge towards the closest Grell. Preferably one with his back turned.
    Attack: Relentless Attack Warhammer & Relentless Attack Battleaxe

    Geth, roll 2d20k+7 for Warhammer
    Geth, roll 1d8+9 for damage
    Geth, roll 2d20k+6 for Battleaxe
    Geth, roll 1d8+8 for damage

    The Grell gets Advantage on Strom when/if it attacks on his turn.

    damage:
    1d8+9 10 [1d8=1]
    damage:
    1d8+8 13 [1d8=5]

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Oops. Lets try those attack rolls again.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Wahammer
    Geth, roll2d20K1+6 for Axe

    Wahammer:
    2d20k1+7 22 [2d20k1=[15], 11]

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    grumble grumble grumble

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+6 for Axe

    Axe:
    2d20k1+6 24 [2d20k1=[18], 10]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Excellent. Everyone roll initiative!

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Forgot to note during the last fight that Birch has the AlertSuper-duper Paranoid feat, which gives +5 init. Someday I'll be good at internet elf pretend!

    Edit: OH MY FREAKIN' GOD.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+6 8 [1d20=2]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Strom's Initiative

    Strom's Initiative:
    1d20+1 16 [1d20=15]

  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 Initiative


    Edit: Responses will be slow due to my current work trip.

    Initiative:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]

    Fuselage on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Since we got a short rest in on the way to meet Gwendolyn, my Portent rolls should have recovered.

    EDIT: SOMEBODY GETTIN' A FREE CRIT WOOOOOOOOOO!

    Geth, roll 2d20 for Portent

    Portent:
    2d20 36 [2d20=20, 16]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    ElvenshaeFuselage
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Round 1

    The grells shriek as Strom breaks the silence, their cries echoing throughout the caves.

    5hbqwb0b2fon.jpg

    Sleazebeard – HP 40/45 | AC 17 | Inspiration | Status: Normal.
    Strom – HP 48/53(48) | AC 16 | Inspiration | Status: Raging.
    Birch – HP 18/32 | AC 11 | Inspiration | Status: Normal.
    Optic – HP / | AC | Status: Familiar.
    Bleak – HP 40/52(40) | AC 19 | Status: Normal.
    Grell 1 – HP 32/55 | AC 12 | Status: Normal.
    Grell 2 – HP 55/55 | AC 12 | Status: Normal.
    Grell 3 – HP 55/55 | AC 12 | Status: Normal.

    @Fuselage is up.

    ElvenshaeSteelhawk
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I never noticed it was my turn, months ago. I just figured we fell off the horse again and gave up on it. Why didn't you guys yell at me?!

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Someone probably should have, yes. :)

    Fuselage
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Well, have you guys given up on it or should I take some actions? I had totally written it off, but now I feel like a bad person.

1789101113»
Sign In or Register to comment.