As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cthulhu Wars - (Chaos in the Great Old One World)

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Board
    GeHOsoU.jpg
    Player status
    Great Cthulhu
    mfHULoX.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Devolve (Ongoing): At the end of any player's Action (even if it's not your turn), transform one or more of your Acolyte Cultists anywhere on the map into Deep Ones.

Absorb (Pre-Battle): Remove any of your non-GOO units from the area. For each such unit, the Shoggoth adds 3 to his Combat.

Regenerate (Battle): Star Spawn can accept up to 2 combat results. If they are both kills, it dies. On ANY other combination, it is pained.

Submerge (Action: Cost 1): If Cthulhu is in an Ocean Area, remove him from the map and place him on your Faction card, along with any or all friendly Units in the same area. On a later Action, perform Submerge again to place Cthulhu (plus any accompanying Units) anywhere on the map.

Dreams (Action: Cost 3): Choose an area with enemy Acolyte Cultists. Your enemy must eliminate an Acolyte Cultist (chosen by victim) and replace it with one of yours from your pool.

Y'ha Nthlei (Ongoing): If Cthulhu is in play you get 1 power for each Gate in an Ocean area that you do not control. (uncontrolled Gates do not count, because everyone gets one
    power from them anyway, but Yog-Sothoth does count).

Crawling Chaos
    8BpZYWf.jpg

Spellbooks-

Abduct (Pre-Battle): Eliminate a Nightgaunt, your foe must eliminate a non-GOO unit in the same area.

Invisibility (Pre-Battle): Each Flying Polyp can select one non-GOO to be sidelined, and not take part in the battle.

Seek and Destroy (Pre-Battle): Whenever a battle is declared in which one of your units participates, you may move any or all of your Hunting Horrors on the board to the location of the battle.

Madness (Ongoing): Whenever there is a combat anywhere on the map, you may choose where units that are pained move to.

Emissary of the Outer Gods (Ongoing): Nyarlathotep must be in play; Unless an enemy Great Old One is in the battle, any kill inflicted on Nyarlathotep becomes a pain.

The Thousand Forms (Once-Per-Action-Round: Cost 0): Nyarlathotep must be in play; roll 1d6 and all other players have one minute to decide if they will lose that much power. If they decide not to lose the Power, Nyarlathotep gains that much Power.

Black Goat
    cR23HAP.jpg

Spellbooks-

Frenzy (Ongoing): Cultists have a Combat of 1.

Necrophagy (Post-Battle): Move any or all Ghouls to that battle and apply an additional pain result to each side for each Ghoul so moved. Ghouls that are already in the combat cannot participate in Necrophagy.

Ghroth (Action: Cost 2): Roll a die. If the result is equal to or less than the number of areas containing Fungi, then your enemies must collectively lose that many Acolyte Cultists from the map. If they can't decide in one minute do it for them.

The Red Sign (ongoing) your Dark Young can now Build Gates, Control Gates, earn 1 Power each during the Gather Power phase, and add +1 apiece to Shub-Niggurath's Combat. They do not act as Cultists with respect to any other purpose.

Blood Sacrifice (Ongoing): Each Doom Phase you may sacrifice 1 Cultist to get an Elder Sign. Shub-Niggurath must be in play.

The Thousand Young (Ongoing): Shub-Niggurath must be in play. All Ghouls, Fungi, and Dark Young cost 1 less power to summon.

Yellow Sign
    GLY4j3s.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Passion (Ongoing): When one of your Cultists is eliminated by an enemy Action (Captured, Killed, Etc.) during the Action phase, gain 1 Power.

Zin Gaya (Action: Cost 1): In an area with an Undead and an enemy Acolyte Cultist replace that Acolyte Cultist with another Undead.

Shriek of the Byakhee (Action: Cost 1): Move any or all Byakhee on the map to any single area on the map.

The Screaming Dead (Action: Cost 1): Move the King in Yellow and any Undead in the same area to a neighboring area, you may immediately perform a second, different action (may not perform He Who Must Not Be Named as the second action).

He Who Must Not Be Named (Action: Cost 1): Hastur immediately moves to an area on the map with a Cultist. He may then perform a second, different action (may not perform The Screaming Dead as the second action).

The Third Eye (Ongoing): Hastur must be in play; Desecrate costs only 1 Power to perform, and grants you an Elder Sign when successful.

Doom track
    YNX74sA.jpg

Ritual track
    d4NoFRx.jpg

Elder signs

Crawling chaos: 14
    Black goat: 7 Current Turn
    Yellow sign: 5
    Cthulhu: 5 (submerged: Cthulhu, 2 x starspawn, shoggoth, 2 x cultist

Play order: UP ^

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dark Young to West Africa

7 -> 5

YL9WnCY.png
    edited July 2015
    Please clarify if your action is movement or summoning. That order could be interpreted as summoning a new dark young to west africa or moving your 2 existing dark young there (although I assume summoning).

MrBody on
    @MrBody I mean I didn't say plural

But yes, summoning.

YL9WnCY.png
    "young" is both singular and plural I believe, but you can never tell with non-euclidean geometry.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    A Flying Polyp spawn in South Asia 14->12

@Phyphor

My proctologist told me the same thing.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    My proctologist told me the same thing.
    That's the elder thing :)

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Unsubmerge in NPacific

5->4

@daemonis

popcorn.gif

Aren't you supposed to go after Nyarl? He is getting out of control.
    Screaming dead everyone to South Pacific, 5->4, waiting for reaction
    @Phyphor

Nope, I need my ocean gates and I can submerge much more efficiently there. Plus you summoning hastur means you're about to score all the points

@Daemonis

Eat a cultist, 4->3

If you want me to go after nyarl, I can only really do that with all of my spellbooks. If you keep going after my ocean gates then I have no choice but to keep attacking

Daemonis wrote: »
    Aren't you supposed to go after Nyarl? He is getting out of control.
    Screaming dead everyone to South Pacific, 5->4, waiting for reaction
    @Phyphor

Well, the cultists and bhyakee get left behind.

Yup, and I attack to get my 2 kills spellbook

One more Dark Young in West Africa

5 -> 3

YL9WnCY.png
    Build a gate in Northern Asia 12->9

@Phyphor

Ataaaaaack

Chomp a cultist

Geth roll 14d6t6 for Team Green
    Geth roll 2d6 for stupid yellow dudes

Team Green:
    14d6t6 0 [14d6t6=1, 4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3, 1, 4, 2]
    stupid yellow dudes:
    2d6 12 [2d6=6, 6]

What. The. Fuck. I give up

@Preda chooses retreat of yellow cultist and bhyakee.

I've seen some astronomically unlucky geth rolls, but I think that takes the cake. Any probability wizzes want to calculate the odds on 14 dice not getting a 6 followed by boxcar?

I was thinking of putting on a live Cthulhu Wars game some weekened where we play a game in one sitting via chat.

Would anyone be up for this? Preference for chat clients?

Phyphor wrote: »
    What. The. Fuck. I give up
    Hastur is the only god! Beware his coming!

MrBody wrote: »
    I've seen some astronomically unlucky geth rolls, but I think that takes the cake. Any probability wizzes want to calculate the odds on 14 dice not getting a 6 followed by boxcar?

1 in 500. Anyway, kills the cultists I suppose

One more Dark Young in West Africa

5 -> 3

Oops. Didn't catch this. You were already at the limit of 3 Dark Young (1 west africa, 2 east africa).

@Bobkins Flymo to submit alternate move

edited July 2015
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Ataaaaaack

Chomp a cultist

3->4

MrBody on
    Portal in South Atlantic then

5 -> 2

YL9WnCY.png
    @Preda to decide where North Pacific yellow cultist and byhakee retreat to.

edited July 2015
    The Byhakee runs to Indian Ocean, The cultist to South Asia.
    Than, the incredibly confused cultist got eaten by Nyarly... 9->8

Not my turn yet...

@Phyphor
    @MrBody to refresh map

Preda on
    Preda wrote: »
    The Byhakee runs to Indian Ocean, The cultist to South Asia.
    Than, the incredibly confused cultist got eaten by Nyarly... 9->8

Phyphor
    MrBody to refresh map

Hold on there. Yellow goes after me. Red was just correcting his invalid order

Ops... don't consider my order. Unless yellow leaves the cultist there...

Actually there were 2 yellow cultists who retreated. Does @Preda move them both to South Asia?

edited July 2015
    (assuming Crawling Chaos retreats both yellow cultists to South Asia, stand by for confirmation though)

Board
    j3Bnv00.jpg
    Player status
    Great Cthulhu
    mfHULoX.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Devolve (Ongoing): At the end of any player's Action (even if it's not your turn), transform one or more of your Acolyte Cultists anywhere on the map into Deep Ones.

Absorb (Pre-Battle): Remove any of your non-GOO units from the area. For each such unit, the Shoggoth adds 3 to his Combat.

Regenerate (Battle): Star Spawn can accept up to 2 combat results. If they are both kills, it dies. On ANY other combination, it is pained.

Submerge (Action: Cost 1): If Cthulhu is in an Ocean Area, remove him from the map and place him on your Faction card, along with any or all friendly Units in the same area. On a later Action, perform Submerge again to place Cthulhu (plus any accompanying Units) anywhere on the map.

Dreams (Action: Cost 3): Choose an area with enemy Acolyte Cultists. Your enemy must eliminate an Acolyte Cultist (chosen by victim) and replace it with one of yours from your pool.

Y'ha Nthlei (Ongoing): If Cthulhu is in play you get 1 power for each Gate in an Ocean area that you do not control. (uncontrolled Gates do not count, because everyone gets one
    power from them anyway, but Yog-Sothoth does count).

Crawling Chaos
    8BpZYWf.jpg

Spellbooks-

Abduct (Pre-Battle): Eliminate a Nightgaunt, your foe must eliminate a non-GOO unit in the same area.

Invisibility (Pre-Battle): Each Flying Polyp can select one non-GOO to be sidelined, and not take part in the battle.

Seek and Destroy (Pre-Battle): Whenever a battle is declared in which one of your units participates, you may move any or all of your Hunting Horrors on the board to the location of the battle.

Madness (Ongoing): Whenever there is a combat anywhere on the map, you may choose where units that are pained move to.

Emissary of the Outer Gods (Ongoing): Nyarlathotep must be in play; Unless an enemy Great Old One is in the battle, any kill inflicted on Nyarlathotep becomes a pain.

The Thousand Forms (Once-Per-Action-Round: Cost 0): Nyarlathotep must be in play; roll 1d6 and all other players have one minute to decide if they will lose that much power. If they decide not to lose the Power, Nyarlathotep gains that much Power.

Black Goat
    cR23HAP.jpg

Spellbooks-

Frenzy (Ongoing): Cultists have a Combat of 1.

Necrophagy (Post-Battle): Move any or all Ghouls to that battle and apply an additional pain result to each side for each Ghoul so moved. Ghouls that are already in the combat cannot participate in Necrophagy.

Ghroth (Action: Cost 2): Roll a die. If the result is equal to or less than the number of areas containing Fungi, then your enemies must collectively lose that many Acolyte Cultists from the map. If they can't decide in one minute do it for them.

The Red Sign (ongoing) your Dark Young can now Build Gates, Control Gates, earn 1 Power each during the Gather Power phase, and add +1 apiece to Shub-Niggurath's Combat. They do not act as Cultists with respect to any other purpose.

Blood Sacrifice (Ongoing): Each Doom Phase you may sacrifice 1 Cultist to get an Elder Sign. Shub-Niggurath must be in play.

The Thousand Young (Ongoing): Shub-Niggurath must be in play. All Ghouls, Fungi, and Dark Young cost 1 less power to summon.

Yellow Sign
    GLY4j3s.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Passion (Ongoing): When one of your Cultists is eliminated by an enemy Action (Captured, Killed, Etc.) during the Action phase, gain 1 Power.

Zin Gaya (Action: Cost 1): In an area with an Undead and an enemy Acolyte Cultist replace that Acolyte Cultist with another Undead.

Shriek of the Byakhee (Action: Cost 1): Move any or all Byakhee on the map to any single area on the map.

The Screaming Dead (Action: Cost 1): Move the King in Yellow and any Undead in the same area to a neighboring area, you may immediately perform a second, different action (may not perform He Who Must Not Be Named as the second action).

He Who Must Not Be Named (Action: Cost 1): Hastur immediately moves to an area on the map with a Cultist. He may then perform a second, different action (may not perform The Screaming Dead as the second action).

The Third Eye (Ongoing): Hastur must be in play; Desecrate costs only 1 Power to perform, and grants you an Elder Sign when successful.

Doom track
    YNX74sA.jpg

Ritual track
    d4NoFRx.jpg

Elder signs

Crawling chaos: 9
    Black goat: 2
    Yellow sign: 4 1 x cultistCurrent Turn
    Cthulhu: 3

Play order: UP ^

MrBody on
    Both cultists are warm and cozy there...
    But the Flying polyp is also in South Asia.

Eat a cultist, 4->3