Options

Cthulhu Wars - (Chaos in the Great Old One World)

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Whoops! Okay Kill a Fungal Form, and retreat one Fungal Form + two cultists

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    @preda to choose retreats

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Unless the map is wrong you only have a fungal form there...

• Options
    2 dark young and a cultist retreat

• Options
    Than let leave them to the fish! Indian Ocean

• Options
    @preda for retreat paths, then gather power phase

• Options
    Will process gathering power tonight.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    Ops... When that ghoul got to Indian Ocean? That become an incredibly stupid move, and the dice even spared me...
    I choose flying polyp and 1 Horror to die stupidly because no way to run.
    @Bobkins Flymo to choose 1 to die and 3 to run where I will choose after he will tell me who runs.
    @MrBody I'm missing 1 cultis and 1 gate in North Asia.
    Preda wrote: »
    Than let leave them to the fish! Indian Ocean

• Options
    edited August 2015
    ywVk2ak.jpg

Gather Power
    3 cultists (3) + 1 gate (2) +1 uncontrolled gate (1) = 6 (half of first player = 9)
    3 cultists (3) + 1 gate (2) + 2 desecration (2) + 3 captured cultists (3) +1 uncontrolled gate (1) = 11
    6 cultists (6) + 3 gates (6) +1 uncontrolled gate (1) + 3 dark young (3) + 1 captured cultist (1) = 17
    6 cultists (6) + 4 gates (8) + 1 captured cultists (1) +1 uncontrolled gate (1) = 16

Determine First player
    Black Goat to decide on direction of player order. "Up" or "down".

everyone double check for mistakes

MrBody on
  • Options
    @Bobkins Flymo as first player to determine "up" or "down" player order

• Options
    Let's go up

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Doom Phase
    Doom track advancement-
    3 gates (+3) 6->9
    1 gates (+1) 2->3
    1 gates (+1) 6->7
    4 gates (+4) 5->9

@Bobkins Flymo to perform or pass ritual of annihilation (pay power according to current ritual track cost, +1 doom per gate, +1 elder sign if great old one is on board), then each player going down.

d4NoFRx.jpg

MrBody on
  • Options
    Pass

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    @Daemonis to perform or pass on ritual.

Everyone else feel free to PM me a preorder on whether you'd like to perform or pass.

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Sorry, confused with the order
    No ritual

• Options
  • Options
    There was another of my cultists in South Asia...

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Pass

• Options
    No ritual for me too.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Board
    YZ1DRg8.jpg
    Player status
    Great Cthulhu
    mfHULoX.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Devolve (Ongoing): At the end of any player's Action (even if it's not your turn), transform one or more of your Acolyte Cultists anywhere on the map into Deep Ones.

Absorb (Pre-Battle): Remove any of your non-GOO units from the area. For each such unit, the Shoggoth adds 3 to his Combat.

Regenerate (Battle): Star Spawn can accept up to 2 combat results. If they are both kills, it dies. On ANY other combination, it is pained.

Submerge (Action: Cost 1): If Cthulhu is in an Ocean Area, remove him from the map and place him on your Faction card, along with any or all friendly Units in the same area. On a later Action, perform Submerge again to place Cthulhu (plus any accompanying Units) anywhere on the map.

Dreams (Action: Cost 3): Choose an area with enemy Acolyte Cultists. Your enemy must eliminate an Acolyte Cultist (chosen by victim) and replace it with one of yours from your pool.

Y'ha Nthlei (Ongoing): If Cthulhu is in play you get 1 power for each Gate in an Ocean area that you do not control. (uncontrolled Gates do not count, because everyone gets one
    power from them anyway, but Yog-Sothoth does count).

Crawling Chaos
    8BpZYWf.jpg

Spellbooks-

Abduct (Pre-Battle): Eliminate a Nightgaunt, your foe must eliminate a non-GOO unit in the same area.

Invisibility (Pre-Battle): Each Flying Polyp can select one non-GOO to be sidelined, and not take part in the battle.

Seek and Destroy (Pre-Battle): Whenever a battle is declared in which one of your units participates, you may move any or all of your Hunting Horrors on the board to the location of the battle.

Madness (Ongoing): Whenever there is a combat anywhere on the map, you may choose where units that are pained move to.

Emissary of the Outer Gods (Ongoing): Nyarlathotep must be in play; Unless an enemy Great Old One is in the battle, any kill inflicted on Nyarlathotep becomes a pain.

The Thousand Forms (Once-Per-Action-Round: Cost 0): Nyarlathotep must be in play; roll 1d6 and all other players have one minute to decide if they will lose that much power. If they decide not to lose the Power, Nyarlathotep gains that much Power.

Black Goat
    cR23HAP.jpg

Spellbooks-

Frenzy (Ongoing): Cultists have a Combat of 1.

Necrophagy (Post-Battle): Move any or all Ghouls to that battle and apply an additional pain result to each side for each Ghoul so moved. Ghouls that are already in the combat cannot participate in Necrophagy.

Ghroth (Action: Cost 2): Roll a die. If the result is equal to or less than the number of areas containing Fungi, then your enemies must collectively lose that many Acolyte Cultists from the map. If they can't decide in one minute do it for them.

The Red Sign (ongoing) your Dark Young can now Build Gates, Control Gates, earn 1 Power each during the Gather Power phase, and add +1 apiece to Shub-Niggurath's Combat. They do not act as Cultists with respect to any other purpose.

Blood Sacrifice (Ongoing): Each Doom Phase you may sacrifice 1 Cultist to get an Elder Sign. Shub-Niggurath must be in play.

The Thousand Young (Ongoing): Shub-Niggurath must be in play. All Ghouls, Fungi, and Dark Young cost 1 less power to summon.

Yellow Sign
    GLY4j3s.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Passion (Ongoing): When one of your Cultists is eliminated by an enemy Action (Captured, Killed, Etc.) during the Action phase, gain 1 Power.

Zin Gaya (Action: Cost 1): In an area with an Undead and an enemy Acolyte Cultist replace that Acolyte Cultist with another Undead.

Shriek of the Byakhee (Action: Cost 1): Move any or all Byakhee on the map to any single area on the map.

The Screaming Dead (Action: Cost 1): Move the King in Yellow and any Undead in the same area to a neighboring area, you may immediately perform a second, different action (may not perform He Who Must Not Be Named as the second action).

He Who Must Not Be Named (Action: Cost 1): Hastur immediately moves to an area on the map with a Cultist. He may then perform a second, different action (may not perform The Screaming Dead as the second action).

The Third Eye (Ongoing): Hastur must be in play; Desecrate costs only 1 Power to perform, and grants you an Elder Sign when successful.

Doom track
    00m8kve.jpg

Ritual track
    d4NoFRx.jpg

Elder signs

Black goat: 17 Current Turn
    Yellow sign: 11
    Cthulhu: 9
    Crawling chaos: 16

MrBody on
  • Options
  • Options
    Let's Move Shub and the two Dark Young in Indian to East Africa

17 -> 14

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Cultist to South America, 11->10
    @Phyphor

• Options
    Cultist to NPacific, 9->8

• Options
  • Options
    Nyarly to south atlantic and horror to south Asia. 16->14

@Bobkins Flymo

• Options
    Board
    kYHkSPP.jpg
    Player status
    Great Cthulhu
    mfHULoX.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Devolve (Ongoing): At the end of any player's Action (even if it's not your turn), transform one or more of your Acolyte Cultists anywhere on the map into Deep Ones.

Absorb (Pre-Battle): Remove any of your non-GOO units from the area. For each such unit, the Shoggoth adds 3 to his Combat.

Regenerate (Battle): Star Spawn can accept up to 2 combat results. If they are both kills, it dies. On ANY other combination, it is pained.

Submerge (Action: Cost 1): If Cthulhu is in an Ocean Area, remove him from the map and place him on your Faction card, along with any or all friendly Units in the same area. On a later Action, perform Submerge again to place Cthulhu (plus any accompanying Units) anywhere on the map.

Dreams (Action: Cost 3): Choose an area with enemy Acolyte Cultists. Your enemy must eliminate an Acolyte Cultist (chosen by victim) and replace it with one of yours from your pool.

Y'ha Nthlei (Ongoing): If Cthulhu is in play you get 1 power for each Gate in an Ocean area that you do not control. (uncontrolled Gates do not count, because everyone gets one
    power from them anyway, but Yog-Sothoth does count).

Crawling Chaos
    8BpZYWf.jpg

Spellbooks-

Abduct (Pre-Battle): Eliminate a Nightgaunt, your foe must eliminate a non-GOO unit in the same area.

Invisibility (Pre-Battle): Each Flying Polyp can select one non-GOO to be sidelined, and not take part in the battle.

Seek and Destroy (Pre-Battle): Whenever a battle is declared in which one of your units participates, you may move any or all of your Hunting Horrors on the board to the location of the battle.

Madness (Ongoing): Whenever there is a combat anywhere on the map, you may choose where units that are pained move to.

Emissary of the Outer Gods (Ongoing): Nyarlathotep must be in play; Unless an enemy Great Old One is in the battle, any kill inflicted on Nyarlathotep becomes a pain.

The Thousand Forms (Once-Per-Action-Round: Cost 0): Nyarlathotep must be in play; roll 1d6 and all other players have one minute to decide if they will lose that much power. If they decide not to lose the Power, Nyarlathotep gains that much Power.

Black Goat
    cR23HAP.jpg

Spellbooks-

Frenzy (Ongoing): Cultists have a Combat of 1.

Necrophagy (Post-Battle): Move any or all Ghouls to that battle and apply an additional pain result to each side for each Ghoul so moved. Ghouls that are already in the combat cannot participate in Necrophagy.

Ghroth (Action: Cost 2): Roll a die. If the result is equal to or less than the number of areas containing Fungi, then your enemies must collectively lose that many Acolyte Cultists from the map. If they can't decide in one minute do it for them.

The Red Sign (ongoing) your Dark Young can now Build Gates, Control Gates, earn 1 Power each during the Gather Power phase, and add +1 apiece to Shub-Niggurath's Combat. They do not act as Cultists with respect to any other purpose.

Blood Sacrifice (Ongoing): Each Doom Phase you may sacrifice 1 Cultist to get an Elder Sign. Shub-Niggurath must be in play.

The Thousand Young (Ongoing): Shub-Niggurath must be in play. All Ghouls, Fungi, and Dark Young cost 1 less power to summon.

Yellow Sign
    GLY4j3s.jpg
    Spellbooks-

Passion (Ongoing): When one of your Cultists is eliminated by an enemy Action (Captured, Killed, Etc.) during the Action phase, gain 1 Power.

Zin Gaya (Action: Cost 1): In an area with an Undead and an enemy Acolyte Cultist replace that Acolyte Cultist with another Undead.

Shriek of the Byakhee (Action: Cost 1): Move any or all Byakhee on the map to any single area on the map.

The Screaming Dead (Action: Cost 1): Move the King in Yellow and any Undead in the same area to a neighboring area, you may immediately perform a second, different action (may not perform He Who Must Not Be Named as the second action).

He Who Must Not Be Named (Action: Cost 1): Hastur immediately moves to an area on the map with a Cultist. He may then perform a second, different action (may not perform The Screaming Dead as the second action).

The Third Eye (Ongoing): Hastur must be in play; Desecrate costs only 1 Power to perform, and grants you an Elder Sign when successful.

Doom track
    00m8kve.jpg

Ritual track
    d4NoFRx.jpg

Elder signs

Black goat: 14 Current Turn
    Yellow sign: 10
    Cthulhu: 8
    Crawling chaos: 14

• Options
    Hmmm....it's been a week and I messaged him days ago. Maybe Lykouragh can take over?

• Options
    Posted in the index for a replacement. If anyone knows someone interested let them know.

• Options
    Worst case: if no interested parties step forward, I could take over the Black Goat if that's fine with everyone. The only hidden information is elder sign values. I could set up a "deck" in Handtracker and everyone could pick secretly from there (including replacing Cthulhu's 2 current elder signs with unknown ones).

• Options
    I'm fine, but Handtracker is down, afaik.

• Options
    Can anyone recommend a decent hand tracker replacement? Or at least something good enough to handle a simple deck of 1-3s?

• Options
    Hmmmm....last resort option: just make every Elder Sign worth 1.7 doom points (the average)?

Of course finding a replacement is still ideal if anyone is having any lucky with that.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    It lives!

So I got a neutral 3rd party, Lykouragh. He's too busy to take over the spot, but he can keep track of the elder signs so I can take over for the goat. He'll be using a randomized list the 1-3s from random.org and PM the elder sign value to players as they acquire them. We'll be redoing the 2 that Chtulhu already has since I knew them.

That said...

Sacrifice 2 cultists (South Atlantic + Indian Ocean) to acquire spellbook, Necrophagy.

14->14

@Daemonis

MrBody on
  • Options
    Awaken Hastur in South America, 10->0, gain The Third Eye spellbook
    @Phyphor

• Options
    edited September 2015
    O_0_O

^3rd eye

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Hey Cthulhu. Now is a good time to strike at Yellow Sign. You could move so you have single units surrounding South America (it would take 3 power to move into position, 2 units from North Pacific into North Atlantic, then one unit from North Atlantic to South Atlantic) , then move in for a battle where every retreat kills ones of his units. I'll even throw in my necrophagy ghouls to force 2 additional retreats. Statistically it would only take Cthulhu and a starspawn to completely wipe out the King, his retinue, and Hastur. You gain a gate and set back your biggest foe several turns for the loss of only 2 units.

If you do that, I'll not only completely leave you alone this turn, I'll do something else I think you'll like, but that I cannot disclose until later this turn. You know you want revenge for those fixed geth rolls!

MrBody on
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't think that works. Pretty sure the rules say you only lose 1 unit if you can't retreat and that's it

• Options
    Besides, if we keep fighting it benefits Nyarl, who already way ahead all of us. I stealed those gates becasue I needed a gate and points to awaken Hastrur. Now I most likely migrate and you may get them back.

• Options
    I'm not ahead of Black goat. And black goat power base is way harder to destroy than mine...