As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    She's no Anna, but she's pretty good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm a terrible Fire Emblem fan. I've bought and played Awakening, Fates (all 3 versions), and Echoes. Haven't finished even one of them.

And I want Fire Emblem Warriors even though I have no clue anybody is except Marth (because I've played Smash Bros), Roy, and Crom. Oh, and female Corrin. No idea what male Corrin looks like.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Like female corrin but doofier

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yes but lucina is good, unlike them

Lucina is one of the blandest characters in her game. I swear people who like her must have bread and water for every meal.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I played through awakening and all 3 fates campaigns multiple times, but havent made much of a dent in echoes. I pretty much cleared up through the necrodragons cave thing but havent done anything after that. Im not really sure why not, i like the characters just fine but none of them are really memorable to me. I have been playing some disgaea lately but other than both being srpgs they arent really even close to each other.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yes but lucina is good, unlike them

Lucina is one of the blandest characters in her game. I swear people who like her must have bread and water for every meal.

Bah, I like Lucina and I also love the batshit insane ones like Henry and Owain. It probably helps that my character was her mama.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Biggest question obviously: Is Donnel in the game?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finally beat Echoes on Hard / Classic. The final mission was really difficult and I was almost ready to sacrifice a few characters to beat it, but then I essentially found a way to use an ability of the boss to my advantage.
    Duma's "attack absolutely everyone" attack coupled with the dozens of Mogalls that were present at all times were given me a bit of trouble throughout the level. Eventually, I got near the boss, but I was then faced with the problem of how to approach him since his range was absolutely ridiculous. At first I was thinking about summoning an amiibo fighter and luring the boss in that way, but then I had an idea when Duma was charging another one of his area attacks - what if he's unable to do anything else while he's charging? And sure enough, that ended up being the case. Thankfully, the area around him was mostly clear of Mogalls in that turn thanks to a couple of lucky crits from Atlas and Catria, so I moved in and took out the final two regular enemies near Duma. Next turn, I of course got hit by the area attack, which means the health of all of my units was quite low. So now I was near the boss..but I couldn't really safely attack him. I got in one round of combat with Alm and Est and healed up my units near Duma as best as I could, but there still several in range of him that were in danger of dying. I made my peace with losing one character, but thankfully Catria dodged Duma's attack and I was able to kill him the next turn.

I also completely ignored Jedah. I just left a couple of units near him to deal with the Mogalls he summoned.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think Lucina is the traditional straight man.

By herself she is pretty drab but she shines when she plays off characters far zanier than her.

• Options
    They're showing Fire Emblem Warriors again on Treehouse Live at the moment, and it seems like the coliseum mode is actually part of another mode. Intriguing.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I think Lucina is the traditional straight man.

By herself she is pretty drab but she shines when she plays off characters far zanier than her.

Yep, this is pretty accurate I think.

Morgan is the one all about the whacky hijinks.

• Options
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Those two both make sense. I'm always sad it's not female Robin but male Robin seems more popular for some dumb reason :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Those two both make sense. I'm always sad it's not female Robin but male Robin seems more popular for some dumb reason :(

iSM1Yzx.jpg

Maz- on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I didn't know there was a male Lissa.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Male Robin looks kinda bland but leads to girl Morgan, who is awesome.

I use Female Robin in Smash though, her character design in that is really cool.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    New Warriors trailer, showing off Awakening characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Z7lcX37oE

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Hey, some non-sword users.

Now just get me some folks that aren't Akaneia, Awakening, or Fates and we'll have a good time.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I look forward to the CG trailer for the FE7 character reveal.

Lyn: Hector, Eliwood, look over there!
    Hector: Hmm...looks like those guys need to be taught a lesson!
    Eliwood: Let's go!
    Lyn: Umm...Eliwood. Why don't you let Hector and I handle this one.
    Eliwood: But I...
    Hector: She's right man, you're kind of a mess compared to us.
    Eliwood: No! This is a Warriors game! Meaning even I can rock the party!
    Lyn: I guess he's got a point!
    *All charge into battle*

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I mean, i'm positive that Ike, Roy and Lyn will be in this game at some point, but probably not until DLC starts

But if we are primarily just getting characters from the three, I hope we get Walhart.

Tairu on
  • Options
    I love FE, but no FE7 is a no buy for me. Maybe I'll pick up a Best Seller verison with all the DLC bundled.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Tairu wrote: »
    I mean, i'm positive that Ike, Roy and Lyn will be in this game at some point, but probably not until DLC starts

But if we are primarily just getting characters from the three, I hope we get Walhart.

I feel like they will absolutely be DLC. I still think it's weird that Fire Emblem 7 is excluded though as it's an extremely popular one with actually a ton of fan-favorite characters.

BTW, is it me or do the characters in the Awakening trailer there look off somehow? Like, slightly off model. I dunno. Chrom looks fine but the rest look like they have chubby cheeks or something. Something is just not right about them. Frederick especially.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    BTW, is it me or do the characters in the Awakening trailer there look off somehow? Like, slightly off model. I dunno. Chrom looks fine but the rest look like they have chubby cheeks or something. Something is just not right about them. Frederick especially.

He has feet. It's eerie.

• Options
    http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-first-details-on-new-characters-option-for-japanese-audio-apparently-included/
    Nintendo and Koei Tecmo prepared a new Fire Emblem Warriors trailer for Japan Expo earlier in the week. At the actual event in France, a fresh build of the game is on display with the latest characters included.

As far as the story goes, the twins live peacefully in their kingdom until a dragon attacks. When that happens, the two are forced to leave. They’ll need to ask help from heroes of other worlds in order to reclaim their kingdom.

Male Robin, Lissa, and Lucina (plus Female Corrin who we’ve already seen) are playable at Japan Expo. New details are in for each.

Here’s the rundown on Robin as relayed by FuranSuwa:

– Fights with a tome
    – Makes lightning spheres as a normal attack
    – Change his spells for strong attack
    – It’s more like he summons one attack that hurts for a long time than many fast hits
    – Seems he can create fire, falling thunder laser, wind blades, a magic circle that makes him levitate, a giant purple sphere and a lightning vortex
    – For all of his special attacks he uses the Levin Sword

Next up, a couple of details on Lucina:

– Described as a pretty typical sword fighter
    – Same moves as in Awakening, for the most part
    – Exception is one attack in which she uses a bow of light to attack high enemies

Now for Lissa:

– Said to be surprisingly fast
    – Swings her axe like a twirling baton
    – Sometimes turns with it, grappling the enemy
    – Sometimes ends her attacks with thunder magic with her staff
    – For healing, it shows you the effect zone before you do it

Frederick did appear in the demo, but only as a boss. Impressions indicate that his moves are what you’d expect from a cavalier with an axe.

As a final couple of tidbits, the healing items in Fire Emblem Warriors are cups of tea, and are obtained by breaking pots. Nintendo representatives on hand also say that in the final game, you’ll be able to choose between full English or the Japanese audio.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    They said the roster wouldn't be evenly distributed between the three featured games, so i'm guessing we're getting Marth+Tiki, all of the Hoshidan and Nohrian Royal Children+Azura, and then probably majority Awakening characters

• Options
    Eh, I think Caeda is a pretty safe bet. Maybe Cain or Abel and one of the Whitewings as well.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Hi. I've never played any FE game, but I got hooked on FE: Heroes on mah phone.

I was thinking I'd try one of the actual games, but don't have a DS/3DS. I went and looked at the Wii title (Radiant Dawn), but it's $70 to get a hold of, apparently. :(

Anyone have suggestions? Maybe I'll just wait for the Switch title next year...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »

I was thinking I'd try one of the actual games, but don't have a DS/3DS. I went and looked at the Wii title (Radiant Dawn), but it's $70 to get a hold of, apparently. :(

If you have a Wii U, the GBA titles are on VC. A used 2DS can get as low as $50, but that'd still set you back at least $80 total with Awakening. Used GBA might be the cheaper?

Waiting for the Switch Fire Emblem is probably your best bet if your last Nintendo console was a Wii.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Durinia wrote: »

If you have a Wii U, the GBA titles are on VC. A used 2DS can get as low as $50, but that'd still set you back at least $80 total with Awakening. Used GBA might be the cheaper?

Waiting for the Switch Fire Emblem is probably your best bet if your last Nintendo console was a Wii.

...or until they finish porting VC to the Switch at least. (HAH)

Thanks

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah I suspect once FE Switch comes out we'll be swimming in them too. Fates and Echoes were basically just using the Awakening engine and didn't take too long to come out after Awakening. I assume they'll do the same with Switch where once that version comes out we'll start seeing more titles using that engine for faster development.

Personal guess is we might see another "Echoes" remake for another of the past games (I'd love to see a FE7 remake, even though that one isn't that old).

• Options
    I'd love to see Echoes of the Geneology of the Holy War or whatever. Another game with kids where the kids actually make sense in the story.

• Options
    Got all the way to the end of Celica's Act 4 mission and had her get killed because of stupid positioning. Gotta do the whole thing over now. Ugh!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I played some more Echoes last night. Necrodragons sure are interesting :P I had to cheat a little and look up if they were even possible to beat at the point of the game I was at. Turns out I just needed to get Celica one more level :P

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I played some more Echoes last night. Necrodragons sure are interesting :P I had to cheat a little and look up if they were even possible to beat at the point of the game I was at. Turns out I just needed to get Celica one more level :P

Ah shit, thanks for that heads up. I finally started playing this too, I might have to go grind a bit if the next sea battle doesn't push her up to that level.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Managed to slip in a little more Echoes time last night. I have a feeling "Hey look, it's that character I recognize from FE Heroes" is gonna start getting common :P (for real though, I didn't realize the Pegasus Sisters were in this game...)

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDCbEl2C1E

Robin, Lucina & Lissa gameplay

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    If you have never played a FE game before, what would be the best one to get out of the current offerings?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    If you have never played a FE game before, what would be the best one to get out of the current offerings?

Awakening was made pretty much for new and old players.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDCbEl2C1E

Robin, Lucina & Lissa gameplay

I liked the way Corrin keeps half-transforming into a dragon throughout a lot of her regular combos. I'd expected her to only transform for the really big moves. Although her going "In the name of Peace" while cutting through, like, a thousand dudes is maybe a bit... off.

And I like the way Lucina's cut-in sort of shows off the Brand in her eye. It's a neat touch.

I did not like the way whoever's playing kept focusing on the chaff instead of controlling the map. There are bases and outposts out there to take! Stop wasting your time on leaderless grunts who pose no threat!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Corrin half-transforming is how she fought in Smash, and how her special attack worked in Fates, so it's to be expected.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy