As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Witcher Thread] HEARTS OF STONE xp out 13/10/15. Comes with 2 physical gwent decks

19596979899101»

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Yeah, Witcher 1 has not aged well but I would definitely be not as infatuated with the series if I hadn't played it. Witcher 2 I'd say is still an excellent game you can get for cheap and has a good story I would recommend checking out.

Here are some NSFW videos (with major spoilers for Witcher 1, minor-to medium Witcher 2) to catch you up on the general beats of the past games if you're interested:

Witcher 1 Story Recap, Major Spoilers
    Witcher 2, state of the world at the start of the game, helps set the stage for 3, no real spoilers
    Witcher 2, Geralt's recovered memories, information on the Wild Hunt and who Geralt is, somewhat major spoilers for Witcher 2

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    1 and 2 are each less than $3. I'm not planning on picking them up. What's funny is W3 and Doom are the only games I'm interested in right now that would actually tax my video card. All the others are either small, indie, or both

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I replayed W2 right before W3 and it still holds up in a ton of ways. Graphically it's really good, story-wise it's pretty good (maybe even better than W3), combat isn't bad, and that covers everything important, really.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I have to disagree on Witcher 2. I dropped that game for almost two years because of how much I hated Flotsam. I got stuck for a long time trying to figure out where to go until I finally decided to just look it up online and force myself to get through it so I could carry over saves into W3. I will admit that the game did improve significantly after Flotsam but getting to that point is like pulling teeth.

Witcher 3 is incredible though, but for some reason I find myself unmotivated to play the Blood & Wine DLC which is the only set of quests I have left. Not sure why, might be distracted by other games at the moment since I spent so much time on W3.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I have to disagree on Witcher 2. I dropped that game for almost two years because of how much I hated Flotsam. I got stuck for a long time trying to figure out where to go until I finally decided to just look it up online and force myself to get through it so I could carry over saves into W3. I will admit that the game did improve significantly after Flotsam but getting to that point is like pulling teeth.

Witcher 3 is incredible though, but for some reason I find myself unmotivated to play the Blood & Wine DLC which is the only set of quests I have left. Not sure why, might be distracted by other games at the moment since I spent so much time on W3.

I advise you to at least start Blood and Wine. I just finished the main story last night and started in on Blood and Wine just to see what it was about and the two knights you meet at the start and the setting B&W happens in are adorable.

And for the record Triss and Yen can both fuck off. The true Path involves killing tons of monsters for tons of loot and sharing it with absolutely nobody.
    Except for occasionally Ciri in a non-romantic sense to get her career started cause that is fucking hilarious that we just pulled a fast one on her dad and fuck that guy.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Villainess 1: Girl whats wrong
    Villainess 2: Geralt escaped
    Villainess 2: Geralt escaped
    Villainess 2: I let him escape!
    Villainess 1: Well why did you let him?
    Villainess 2: :winky:

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    This may have been shared here, but I put hours into this game just being in the world, not trying to achieve or "do" anything besides follow the next path on the road. Never quite got WHY that clicked so hard with me until seeing this one, so I thought I'd share around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkIKbTiuJ9A

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    high stakes Gwent tournament arc

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Heres to hoping its a slow long term retelling of the books.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Beezel wrote: »
    high stakes Gwent tournament arc

You joke, but I would watch the fuck out of ultra-high stakes Gwent that's preposterously and inexplicably serious.

Give me that Northern Realms Yugioh shit.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I can already hear the grizzled "You've just activated my trap card".

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.