The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Seattle by Night - A Vampire: The Masquerade [PbP]

1356716

Posts

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Delmain wrote: »
    I believe that is true as long as you're not on a Path

    This is correct. If you are following a Path you start with 0 in Conscience and Self-control.

    I don't believe any in the partycoterie so far are doing that. It's mostly for Sabbat characters, anyway.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I was just being pedantic, =P

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @jdarksun @Delmain We are actually getting close to the end of sign-ups, so if you two still interested I need to see concepts/backgrounds by Friday. I can hold off for actually sheets till Sunday evening, I mostly just need solid characters to write scenes and stories for.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Okay, I retooled my sheet based on my Virtues goof, so I think I'm good to go now.

    steam_sig.png
    Mikey CTS
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got crazy busy at work so I keep checking the thread in down time but I haven't had any personal time in like, a week and a half where I wasn't working or sleeping.

    I'm wrapping it up now, though, if this damn TFS build would complete....

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts you seem to have the strongest mental image of who your sire is. Do you have a perferred derangement for her or should I just choose whatever.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It should be something to explain her strange writing style, both in lyrics, speech, and penmanship. Not sure what other thing except for Schizophrenia but with Lizzy also having that, maybe it might be better to shake things up?

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Let me run this by you - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Every word, every note, everything must be in the right place.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    shdwcasterPreda
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Soooo...Trent Reznor?

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Or Thom York.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    That is fine. Either way works for the characters.

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    We're getting down to the wire. I'll keep signups open to midnight at which point it'll close.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Roland Wood

    Roland Wood is the relatively young childe of widely-known Scourge, Natalia. Well known primarily for the fact that she (and young Roland) are among the very small number of Ravnos who are loyal to the Camarilla, she also forged her own reputation quickly. She has served as Scourge to many Princes in many Domains over the last century. Well before many even saw the Thin-Blooded as a curse, she approached the Camarilla offering to rid them of the problem that they didn't know they had. While many Princes disliked the idea of having a Scourge (in the early years at least), when Natalia began hunting she would always turn up more Thin-Bloods and Caitiff than they thought could possible exist in their Domain. Thus, she forged a reputation as a dogged hunter of the heralds of Gehenna (as she implies they are).

    Roland himself was a rebel in his mortal youth, and transition into a young adult who acted a bit full of himself. His bravado would often bring him to the center of a crowd, only to inevitably piss off the wrong guy. The "wrong guy" often decided to bring friends to deal with him, and while Roland could hold his own in a one-on-one, he'd fall eventually. After this happened, he would pick himself up and move along to a new town. He'd work odd-jobs long enough to get established, and start the cycle over again.

    Natalia was attracted to Roland for his tenacity and the fact that he didn't appear to need others to maintain his own well-being. Her mission required long stretches alone followed by brief and vigorous battle, and after 75 years of scourging the Thin-Bloods from the Eastern US, she desired a childe to share time with. Requesting the permission of the local Prince, she stalked Roland from one side of the city (he believes it was Chicago, she says Cincinnati) over a period of weeks before ambushing him after the tail end of one of his "wrong guy" cycles. She brought him to the motel she'd be using as a local base of operations, and he awoke the next night as a member of Clan Ravnos.

    The pair has stuck together for the last several years, though they recently relocated to the Seattle area. After they arrived, Natalia was called to serve as Scourge to a Prince in the Southwest and she decided that it had come time for Roland to leave her company. Once again, she requested official permission from the Prince to leave her childe in the city, and having gotten it, left.

    Roland has since taken to hanging around Elysium more often than not and volunteering when the Sheriff needs another hand dealing with Anarchs or (as he can claim to have experience with) any Thin-Blood threats.


    That, of course, is the publicly known story of the pair. However, Natalia has a dark secret, passed to Roland through the blood.
    Natalia was Embraced as one of the very first Fourteenth Generation vampires, though at the time she knew neither that nor precisely what a "Generation" was. In a clan of Romani in Central Europe, the Ravnos that lived among them embraced rather freely. The diluting of the blood brought about strange effects in such a small population, and one very odd benefit was acquired by the (then-young) Natalia. Diablerie seemed to leave no trace on her.

    Of course, it was a long time before she learned that she had that ability, or the act was somehow looked down upon. She had spent half a century as a vampire without seeing more than a handful of non-Ravnos. When a village tried to disperse her clan (by setting the tent city they had erected aflame), Natalia had frenzied so strongly that she had completely drained two of her siblings before she broke out of it. She found the feeling amazing and began to slowly diablerize many of her kin. She was discovered only after she had diablerized her great-grandsire, having lowered her generation significantly. Instead of facing the wrath of the remainder of her clan, she fled across the ocean to the New World. It was here that she discovered that none could tell what she had done.

    She spent the next decades of her life building a reputation so that she could hide behind the Camarilla in case anyone from the old country ever came looking. The problem was that she inevitably found herself desiring the blood of another kindred and it was much harder to hide the act in the Americas than it had been in rural Europe. She would have to hightail it out of town, only to begin again. Eventually, she discovered her way to hide both her diablerie and her need to travel from city to city, and that is where her Scourge persona was created.

    Roland inherited her hidden talent, which he learned early when Natalia fed him her latest hunt. The vitae of even Thin-Bloods tastes exquisite, and Natalia wanted to make sure he understood that before letting him loose.

    So far, he has avoided drawing bad attention to himself while slowly building his reputation, as his sire suggested. It will be decades before he has time to cement a position from which he can sate his true hunger, but the allure of weaker kindred's blood is always tempting him.

    E: Sheet added

    Delmain on
    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
    Mikey CTS
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Alright, submissions are closed.

    @Nealneal
    @Delmain
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    @ameybes
    @dresdenphile
    @shdwcaster

    Please have your proper stats completed by Sunday evening, if you have not completed them already.

    Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. If you still wish to play submit to me via PM and I'll try to introduce you as I can.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hi, I'm just officially withdrawing from this game - I can't get a concept to `work' for me, which probably means I won't commit properly, and I don't want to mess up the game. I hope you all have fun, and thanks!

    ameybes on
    Overwatch Me! @ Cuppatea#11513 - I play Torbjorn/Symmetra/Mercy/Lucio/Pharah
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Nealneal
    @Delmain
    @shdwcaster
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    @dresdenphile

    I'll have the first post up as soon as I can.

    Please mark all OOC chatter with blue.

    To make things go faster, if you believe a task you are attempting will require a dice roll, go ahead and make the roll with the stats you think are applicable. I'll assign difficulties/make opposed rolls after the fact and we'll resolve from there. If I disagree with the stats you choose to roll, I'll let you reroll.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @shdwcaster

    It's dark in the office tonight, which suites you just fine. The mortals have all gone back home to their families or are out for drinks with co-workers. You keep it darker still in your office, illuminated only by the harsh glow of a CRT monitor. There is a constant churning and whirring of a laser ream printer, chugging out pages upon pages. You've just completed another stream of thousands of code lines, which is now compiling. Escaping the irriating light you laid back on your couch, covering your head with your jacket while a Sony Walkman streams music through plastic form-covered headphones to cover the printing noise.

    You are startled when the jacket is lifted from you head, pushing yourself back against the armrest defensively. A familiar figure holds up her hands, jacket in her left, sitting on the edge of the couch and placing the jacket over your chest. You recognize your sire immediately, though her appearance has changed after the years of seperation. Her dark hair remains eternally shoulder length and her blue eyes are as large and deep as ever. Her dress, however, has changed entirely. Where last you'd been in the same room together, she'd been styling her hair and make-up like Cyndi Lauper. The colors were all gone and her natural(?) color has returned. Her make-up is toned down and she wears a black tanktop that rides her midriff with loose-fit olive green cargos and boots. She reaches up slowly, fingers lightly brushing your face, to push back your headphones.

    "Hello, my childre," Elainna coos, hand resting against your chest, "it's been a very long time."

    What do you do?

    I will be going through each of you one at a time, getting you to the establishing scene where you will be united for the first time. I'll try to run them as close to parallel as I can, but I hope you'll all be patient as I feel like this will go better given room to breath.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    shdwcaster
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts

    The lights of Seattle can be seen through heavy rain from your corner apartment. Both you and your sire have both lived here comfortable for a few years now. Out of habit, you open the fridgerator door to find it completely bare. Something you've not quite gotten use to in your undeath life - the lack of necessities. Well, except for the need to feed. Your apartment has all new appliances and amenities, the irony of which being you've no need for them. Still, the royalties Chantelle still claims from songs written in the sixties allows you to live comfortable with a great view.

    Lately, though, you've seen the worry on Chantelle's face. You understand why now. It's mostly just been the two of you since your Embrace. You've meet a few other Kindred, who've given you whispers of rebellious Anarchs and a the more rigid Camarilla, but have largely been unexposed to greater kindred society outside Seattle. But Chantelle has just told you the truth - there is a much wider world out there. You, of course, already knew this. You're Malkavian, after all. You have a natural curiosity and have learned much about the world at large. What you didn't know, was that world had been closing in on you the last few years. Previously, you two enjoyed as much freedom as you have because of the Anarch reign. But the shadow wars between them and much more organized, resourceful Camarilla has ended. The Camarilla has won.

    You step into the living room and see Chantelle sitting on the couch, staring out the window. She still hasn't gotten dressed yet, wearing just her nightshirt, an oversize Clash t-shirt, and underwear. In her hand she clutches the formal letter received from the offices of Seattle's new Prince - and the very reason Chantelle informed of the Camarilla are tonight. The letter demands that you both report to Elysium for introduction to new leadership. You're still angry that she's keep all this from you, but it's difficult to stay angry at an angel. She looks over to you, the blood tears staining her face, clearly trying to think of a thing to say to repair this.

    What do you do?

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @dresdenphile

    The worst part about being a vampire, or Kindred as they like to call themselves, is that you can no longer drink. You've had the same bottle of booze in the bottom right draw of your desk since it happened. You like to open the drawer to look at it from time to time. Your case load lately has been pretty light. A couple cheating spouses and a missing pet, nothing really exciting. You take out the bottle, unscrew the cap, and take a big whiff before resealing it and tossing it back into the drawer in frustration.

    You turn your gaze to the window, watching the rain wash against it. Your attention is drawn back in when you hear the bell of your office lobby entryway. A rush of excitement washes over you, until you recognize the shape of the silhouette outside the frostglass of your office door.

    Antoinette never bothered knocking. She always just let herself in like she owned the place. Despite the mild resentment you felt for this, you've never been able to tell her no (and never really understood why). She was your own personal femme fatale, who also happened to be a vampire and your sire. She wore a sweater that hung from her shoulder, putting her cleavage on display, and a skirt that rode higher on Antoinette's wide hips than any person with a sense of modesty would allow. And, as always, her bug-eyed sunglasses in the night. She leaned back against your door, crossing her ankles with that same familiar smirk.

    "Evening, Jack," Antoinette said coyly, locking the door behind herself. "Handsome as ever, I see."

    What do you do?

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy Hell

    The music was harsh in her head, but instead of being an ambient sound that came from everywhere and nowhere, this sound came from the letter. It was as if someone had connected a speaker to the paper and decided to play a record of screaming and metal gears grinding together. It hurt to be close to it. "Please don't cry, light of my heart. We don't have to take part. There must be a way to leave in the night. A place were the Camarilla don't tread cause of fright." Lizzy grabbed a napkin from the kitchenette table and wiped the tears from her sire's eyes. "They can not own us in this land of the free. We don't have to follow their usurper's decree."

    Mikey CTS
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Jack DeLuca

    I put my feet back up on the desk and nod to her, curtly. "Well, that's the thing about being a vampire, Annie; you don't have to worry about wrinkles. Some women would kill for that sort of beauty treatment, of course, but something tells me you already have."

    I began rolling a quarter between my fingers, like I always do when I'm nervous, even before my "lifestyle change." I don't mind poking the bear from time to time, especially since I know this particular bear can take a lot of jabs before she gets rustled. However, if she's here, in person, I'm not going to like what she has to say. Or, more likely, what she wants me to do.

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    Kris Pearson

    “Elainna. It’s been a while. What… brings you to Seattle? Or Redmond, if you prefer?”

    Not the most eloquent opening, but I was stalling for time, a bit, and trying to think of the last letter I’d gotten from my Sire. It’d had been two, three months ago? I didn’t recall her saying anything about being headed up my way in that, but for all I knew, and considering I’d lived the last three days in my office, she might have sent me something that had just arrived.

    Or not, advance warning wasn’t usually her style.

    The look on my face must have given me away though. She glared.

    “You’re stalling.”

    “Yes, okay. I’m stalling. I’ve been busy. Converting a GUI overlay of an 8-bit OS into an actual, stand-alone 16-bit GUI that still supports the old standards is… well, I may actually be abandoning elegant coding in favor of just writing stuff that works.” I waved a hand in the direction of a pyramid stack of empty Mountain Dew cans in the corner of my interior office. “I know I can’t digest the stuff, hell, it doesn’t even taste the same anymore, but I’m drinking three cans a night just out of habit. At least summer’s finally over. Trying to cram all this coding into seven hours of darkness was just brutal…”

    My stream of thought finally trailed off. Whatever had brought Elainna to the Pacific Northwest, it wasn’t to hear me complain about poor programming, too much summer sunshine, or relapsed bad habits.

    I rolled off the couch, grabbed my glasses off my desk, and sat in my chair. Elainna remained perched on the couch, naturally.

    “So again, what brings you to my neck of the woods?”

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Nealneal

    Tonight is a big moment for you. You've been preparing since you woke and pretty much for the entire week. Tonight you will make your first trip to Elysium along side your sire. She played no small part in the recent victory the Camarilla has claimed over the formerly savage, outlaw Anarch city of Seattle. Now that she has earned good will, the new Prince has asked to meet you. More importantly, the Tremere Primogen, Robert Morgan, is ready to accept you into the chantry. Soon you'll be ready to leave your sire's side and establish yourself without her.

    A gentle raping at your door is heard. You bid whoever it is to enter as you adjust your tie in a full length mirror, already knowing their identity.

    Catelyn, your sire, enters the room, closing the door behind her. She is dressed sharp, with business attire including a smart blouse with shoulder pads to enhance her already impressive stature. Her pin-strip skirt is freshly pressed and, as always, nary a hair is out of place on her head. You've never been sure if she wears the glasses to further impress her intelligence on others or if she actually needs them. She walks up behind you and sighs, correcting your hair with her fingers. "Now, Damien, I do not need to express to you how important tonight is," she states. She kneels and turns you around to fix your tie and jacket, brushing your shoulders. "I expect only the very best out of you tonight, do you understand?"

    What do you do?

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damien Thorn

    I look Catelyn in the eyes as she taught me and say, "Yes ma'am. I'm ready. You've taught me everything I need to know. I promise I won't embarass you."

    She leads us down to the car and we get on our way.

    I do my best to hide my jitters. I'm not normally nervous, but this evening is a big deal for me. If I can be accepted into the chantry, the primogen may allow my to be on my own.

    Catelyn notices me hiding my nerves behind silence, "Damien, you need to be assertive and bold, but not so bold as to offend. I expect you to be a shining example of what the Tremere can be tonight."

    I'll miss Catelyn's tutoring, but I won't miss her discipline. It will be nice to finally be my own man. Vampire. Whatever.

    The ride is over before I've completely steeled myself for the upcoming trial, but I'm ready.

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts

    "Yes, little light," Chantelle replied, taking your hands in hers, "but not yet. These people are beyond dangerous. They have the ability to hunt us to the ends of the Earth if we do not comply. I will look for the smuggler, the one who can take us to California. Once we have vanished from their mind's eye, then it will be time for us to leave. For now, until we are certain they will no longer care about us, we will have to play their reindeer games."

    She kisses your forehead and then leaves to get dressed. Returning looking every inch a rock star, you both leave, get into her car, and head for the Seattle Space Needle, the newly established Elysium.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @shdwcaster

    Elianna seems a little wounded.

    "I know we haven't been close for quite some time," she leans against the cushion with her arms crossed. "But you are my blood. I've missed you and I wanted to see you. I won't lie to you, though. I could use your help.

    "The Anarch community here is in trouble, so I'm here to liason with San Francisco. I've made contact with the smuggler and setup transport. She'll be smuggling weapons and bodies up and down the coast for us.

    "The problem is, we could use more intel..." she sighs. "Darling, I need you to join the Camarilla."

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @dresdenphile

    She faux-pouts and sashays forward.

    "I'm hurt," Antoinette mewls, sitting on the edge of your desk. She reaches between your legs to open your center drawer, taking out the back of cigarettes you keep there. "I've paid you a compliment and you send poisoned barbs back at me. Is that any way to treat the one who gave you unlife?"

    She lights up and breathes in the smoke, an utterly wasted effort as Kindred but then every vampire you noticed has odd habits they hold on to from life. Even ones as utterly manipulative and corrupt you know Antoinette to be.

    She smirks at you. "I'm sure you've heard the Camarilla has taken over, hmm? The poor, weak Anarchs finally lost after holding them off for decades. A shame, really. I had pretty free reign under their laissez faire attitude."

    She takes another drag off the cigarette. She was always peppering in French words. That and her dark complexion made you suspect she was Creole, but she's always been cagey about her origins. You think she just likes to seem mysterious.

    "You're going to go their Elysium tonight. Introduce yourself. Make new friends. Earn their trust. Then report to me everything you learn about their doings."

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Delmain since you've already established that you frequent Elysium already, as soon as they all get there I'll introduce you. Obviously, they're all basically enroute now so it won't be long.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    Delmain
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Jack DeLuca

    I gently pluck the pack of smokes from her hand . "Didn't your mom ever tell you these'll kill you?"

    Putting them back in the drawer, I continue, "As far as tonight goes, beg your pardon, but is that a good idea? I'm not exactly a social butterfly, and since we ain't Cam, isn't that like sending the sheep into the wolf's den? I didn't even know which fork to use at my cousin's wedding for the salad last year; if I fuck something up at Elysium, I don't think a bunch of vampires are going to be so forgiving."

    steam_sig.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    Out of habit, I pulled a can of Mountain Dew from the mini-fridge beside my desk, cracked it open and took a long swig. Elainna frowned slightly. It’d taken her a year to break me of that when we’d first been together, and I got the feeling that in addition to being a little hurt by my bluntness, she wasn’t happy to see me slipping back into old, bad habits.

    “Sorry, that came out wrong. I’m happy to see you, really. I’m just a little stressed out. And the Camarilla?”

    It wasn’t like she didn’t already know what my answer would ultimately be. I never could say no to her. Still, I’d managed to avoid getting too entangled with either side up until now, mostly by keeping my head down and staying on the Eastside of the lake. Of course, this also made me perfect for her task. Lines were going to get drawn doing this.

    I plunked the half-full can onto my desk, decision made. “You already know what my answer’s going to be. My haven’s ten minutes away. I can change, grab my car, and you can stay as long as you like.”
    Which was why, an hour later, wearing a tailored suit that practically screamed “New money Microsofty” I had my Ferrari 348 screaming Westbound over the 520 bridge at rather higher than legal speeds.

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @dresdenphile

    "I grew in an era when docotors told us these were good for us, sweetie.

    "And as far as your etiquette is concerned, the Prince has assigned a damn Gangrel as their sheriff," she she remarks, before turning to lean over your desk. "There is nothing more feral, poor tempered and ill-mannered than a Gangrel."

    "Their grip on power is tenuous at best. They've beaten the Anarchs, but only just. The new Prince hasn't even had opportunity to select a full council of Primogen. Even better, they've adopted an open door policy, hoping to attract converts to help drive out the true believers.

    "But the real reason you are going to do this is because I have told you to do it."

    Suddenly you feel the weight of her presence overcoming you, her shadow extending and swallow any light that outside of the immediate lamp on your desk. She bares her fangs and hisses with her serpent's tongue, her pupils turn to slits.

    Minion roll 8#1d10 for Dread Gaze (Antoinette's Charisma + Intimidation) vs DC 7 (Jack's Wits + Courage)

    Dread Gaze (Antoinette's Charisma + Intimidation) vs DC 7 (Jack's Wits + Courage):
    8#1d10 8 # 3 [1d10=3] 1 [1d10=1] 4 [1d10=4] 2 [1d10=2] 7 [1d10=7] 5 [1d10=5] 2 [1d10=2] 5 [1d10=5]

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Good news, Jack! You're only terrified beyond rational thought.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    shdwcaster
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Jack DeLuca

    I try to shield my eyes as best as I can with my forearms. I feel a kid watching a scary move when she does that shit. "Gah! Cut it the fuck out, Antoinette! Just, put...your face away or whatever! I was gonna go! Fuck me for asking a goddam question!"

    steam_sig.png
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Nealneal

    The ride over is made in silence, with both yourself and Catelyn staring out the windows. Edgar, Catelyn's supplicant ghoul and driver, is also surprising silent, knowing well enough to not break the tension. Your eyes widen as it comes into view: the Seattle Space Needle. Elysium. Like a UFO pierced and suspended by an impossible spire, brightly lit under neon teals, proudly putting its captured prey on display.

    Edgar lets both you and Catelyn out at the sidewalk. He gets back in to go park the vehicle and you look to the elevator, encased in bronze as though it was imagined by Jules Verne. An armed retinue is posted outside the doors. The doors part and inside you see a ghoul at the operator station. He seems a bit surprised by your... diminutive stature, but is courtesy and bids you both welcome to Elysium. Taking you to the foyer, you are greeted by a hostess who takes your names and tells you that Primogen Morgan has been waiting for your arrival in the cocktail longue.

    You're a bit taken aback as you push through the enclosed observation deck. You've never seen so many Kindred all gathered in one place, all socializing and, you suspect, scheming. And they all notice you, as well. You garner a lot of stares as you walk along with your sire. The interiors of the Needle are very 2001: A Space Odessey - all retro-futurism and soft lighting. Catelyn smiles and says hello to a few she seems to know, stop only to shake the hand of a few and give you quick introductions. These moments are fleeting, though, as you are both on a mission.

    You arrive at the dimly lit cocktail lounge and make your way towards the back, where a man of broad bearing with a well-groomed dark beard and hair sits. His chest and shoulders are broad and his hands are thick. He stands as you arrive, putting his dense arms behind his back. You didn't expect him to be such a bear of a man.

    "Primogen Morgan," Catelyn says, "thank you for seeing us."

    "Not at all, Catelyn," Robert replies with a deep voice. "You know I always have time for my elders. Especially when they have promising young apprentices to introduce."

    Even his smile as a authorative sense about it as he looks down to you. It immediately strikes you that he doesn't treat you as child by kneeling down. Instead he simply looks you in the eye and extends his hand. "Hello, Damien. I hope you're well tonight."

    What do you do?

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Nealneal If you like you can attempt to make a first impression with either Appearance or Charisma and Etiquette. If not then his impression of you will rely on how he feels about your sire.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Delmain

    You have been at the Space Needle tonight for quite some time now, socializing and making connections. The fact that you are a Ravnos who has sided with the Camarilla makes you quite a curiosity for the Kindred here. They want to figure out what you are about. You don't mind the popularity, as it gets you more attention from the Sheriff, a Gangrel named Donald White, who is eager to test your loyalty with various tasks and assignments. So far you think you've made an impression.

    A strange oddity has occured tonight: out of the corner of your eye, you spot a child Kindred being escorted through the observation deck by a well-known Tremere elder. But Embracing a child is forbidden, isn't it?

    "I see you noticed our newest arrival," Donald tells you, having once again caught you unaware. "That is no child... he's probably been Embraced for longer than you."

    What do you do?

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Damien Thorn

    I look the Primogen in the eyes, Catelyn's teaching again. It's difficult to hold his gaze. Something hard and terrible behind those orbs.

    I take his hand and shake it, "I'm doing quite well. Thank you sir for asking."

    Geth roll 4#1d10 for First impression (Appearance+Etiquette)

    First impression (Appearance+Etiquette)[/spolier]:
    4#1d10 4 # 9 [1d10=9] 9 [1d10=9] 4 [1d10=4] 9 [1d10=9]

    Nealneal on
    shdwcaster
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Holy shit! Yeah I think you've made an impression, alright.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    shdwcaster
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @shdwcaster

    You have arrived at Elysium - the Seattle Space Needle. It seems a bit ostentacious to use this as your safe haven, you think. Approaching the bronze elevator the doors open to you. "Welcome, kine," greets the ghoul operator. "As you know or wouldn't be here, all are welcome in the Prince's domain."

    "Uh sure, whatever," you respond, entering the doors.

    He closes the doors and operates the lift.

    "Be warned though," he says as you rise into the Seattle skyline, light and shadows playing off the his face giving away to a hideous, warped visage behind his masque. You startle and step away against the back wall of bronze cage. The Nosferatu hisses, "Any attempt at violence or disruption will not be tolerated."

    You feel a wash of relief when the light normalizes as you reach the top, his masque returning.

    "Enjoy your stay," he obliges, opening the doors for you to enter the foyer.

    "Hello," the greeter welcomes you excited. It feels a bit phoney, like being welcomed at a corporate restaraunt. "Welcome to Elysium. I'm sorry but I don't recognize you. Can I take your name and clan, please? Also, if you're new to Elysium, I can explain the rules and direct you to your first meet and greet with the Prince."

    What do you do?

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    Kris Pearson

    “Christopher Parsons,” I say, giving the alias matching the business card I handed to the greeter. “Toreador, and wondering why I’ve avoided visiting this gorgeous piece of architecture for so long.

    “So yes, also new to the court, so rules and guidance before meeting the Prince would be appreciated.”

    (OOC) Not sure if I might need a Subterfuge, Etiquette, or Expression roll here, leaving it up to you, @Mikey CTS

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
Sign In or Register to comment.