The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Seattle by Night - A Vampire: The Masquerade [PbP]

145791016

Posts

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Minion roll 6d10h6

    6d10h6 3 [6d10h6=6, 9, 4, 6, 5, 2]

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Gordon's eyes flash toward Damien. He grins, turning to his Primogen, "Robert, this one is Catelyn's childre, isn't he?"

    "He is, Gordon."

    "I like him already. Tell you what, Damien, you want 'em, you got 'em. Three boons will be transfered from the Malkavian to you," he says. He looks back to Lizzy. "You should thank him. It's no small thing to take on a boon. Now, on to business..." He pauses as a hostess comes forward, whispering to the Black Dalhia. The hostess rushes off after delivering the message.

    "Forgive the intrusion," the Black Dalhia says in her rasping, almost hiss like tone. "It appears she has arrived."

    "Excellent," the Prince says. "From this point forward, you'll be working with my seneschal, Lockheart."

    It is at this point that a woman comes from behind you all. She is wearing a blouse and straight leg pants with flats. She has her dark hair high up in a severe ponytail and cuts a fairly trim figure. Kris despite her best efforts to seem homely or at the least average, you immediately pick up on the fact that this woman is gorgeous. Large, almond-shaped dark eyes, full lips , and a svelte, lithe figure. It's not just that she is beautiful, but she's also a creature of function. She has trained and toned her body into a precision machine, and it is glorious to behold.

    @shdwcaster you're going to need to test Self-control for the Toreador clan weakness.

    "Evening," she says to you all, as the Prince and Primogen excuse themselves. "You are all expected to perform a duty for the Camarilla. To prove your dedication. Normally, the Sheriff would assign you this sort of task, but well... Roland, please step forward. Roland is one of the Sheriff's Hounds. He, along with my own childre, Bran, will be going to Redmond to eject hunters from our territory. Those of you with boons will be going along, as well. The rest, it is optional, though will earn you favor with the Ivory Tower."

    What do you do?

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Jack DeLuca

    Hell, might as well.

    I give a slight nod to the seneschal. "I'll go along, Ms. Lockheart. Eager to prove that not all Followers of Set are untrustworthy."

    steam_sig.png
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damien Thorn

    I smile at the Prince and his seneschal. I look over to Lizzy to see how she reacts.

    I really hope this risk pays off longterm.

    "I am ready to do whatever is required."

  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Not sure what the success chance is for this, so just going to roll 'em. @Mikey CTS

    Geth roll 4d10

    Edit: Okay, with three natural tens, I guess it doesn't matter what the difficulty is. :biggrin:

    4d10 34 [4d10=10, 10, 4, 10]

    shdwcaster on
    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
    Mikey CTS
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hah ha! Well, it's always a DC 6 per core rules, I'd say you sail that right on by.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    'Completely forgettable' would be the best way to describe the man who breezed in through the door after everyone but Lizzy agreed to Gordon's request. Slightly above average in height, with deep-set eyes and dark brown hair, even his wardrobe added to his unremarkable nature. A Houndstooth jacket over a sable sweater and pale blue collared shirt with black slacks and pale brown shoes, he looked for all the world like one of Seattle's innumerable intelligentsia. The horn-rimmed glasses hanging off his nose certainly didn't help. His body was lean, like an avid distance runner's. He had the look, at the angles, of a man who had spent long stretches of his life running long distances for long periods of time. Predators know predators, and the vibe he gave off certainly was janky, like a wolf baring its teeth just over his shoulder. His eyes rake over you -- Rowland first, then Jack and Kris he squeezes into a single glance, then to Lizzy and finally settle on Damien.

    Bran McFarland

    The Ravnos is a thug, probably throws haymakers. Setite and Toreador seem likely shooters. Tremere's not a scrapper, but he is definitely dangerous. Fucking Malk looks like she can thrash, but I'm not sure she can take a thrashing. Which makes them specialists and Roland the muscle.

    In the meantime I nod politely and make small chat. "Bran McFarland, Lockheart's childe. Formerly a Professor of Archaeological Anthropology at the yew-dub. This is my first opportunity to visit Elysium. I have been...busy."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Anyone who would like to do so can make a Perception + Alertness roll, DC 7.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Jack DeLuca

    Minion roll 8d10h7

    8d10h7 4 [8d10h7=6, 2, 2, 8, 6, [10, 7], [10, 2], 4]

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
    Ardent
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Jack you noticed that his glasses are fake. In fact, they aren't even perscription. You catch the unmistakable bulge of a shoulder harness with a peice under his jacket. Turning your attention back to the odd glasses, that his eyes aren't reflecting on the inside of those false glasses.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy Hell

    The Malk looked at the child childe. "Strange that a stranger would take my burdens. Can you do these task? Are you certain?" The music was sad still for this young vampire. But Lizzy didn't wait for an answer when she saw Lockheart. The newest arrival reminded the rocker of a manager her band once talked to. She promised them national tours but left the band broke and with two bar gigs and a birthday party gig. Basically, not Lizzy's type. The music oddly enough didn't react to the woman, as if she wasn't there or important enough to be bothered with. Either way, Lizzy listened to the request. "Slayers are we now? Sent to kill angry cows? So be it, not that I mind. These hunters are threats to Kind."

    shdwcaster
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Kris Pearson
    The first time I saw a B-2 Spirit, I forgot to exhale. That shouldn’t have been a problem, since I don’t need to breathe, but I’d unconsciously started to inhale for a gasp of amazement. It took the actual, physical pain of my lungs nearing the bursting point to break me out of my reverie.

    Seeing Lockhart walk into the room, I nearly had the same reaction. She was a Dodge Viper, camouflaged as a minivan. Fast, beautiful, and ready to kill if your attention wavered for a second. The revelation that there were Hunters practically in my backyard was just enough of a shock to counterbalance my infatuation. As it was, I was still practically tripping over my tongue to volunteer myself.

    And I'll go ahead and see if I pick up anything about Bran or if I'm too distracted for anything else much to register

    Geth roll 2d10h7

    Edit: Yeah, that about figures.

    2d10h7 0 [2d10h7=5, 5]

    shdwcaster on
    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Damien Thorn
    I shrug at Lizzy as I look over the newcomers, "Not so strange if you think about my situation. I will have to move in a few years, it would be nice to know someone outside my clan that might be willing to put me up. I am vulnerable in ways the rest of you are not, as a member of the most disliked clan in the Camarilla in a newly claimed Camarilla city, it makes sense to make friends not enemies."

    Geth roll 5d10h7 for Perception + Alertness

    Perception + Alertness:
    5d10h7 2 [5d10h7=4, 4, 9, 9, 6]

    Nealneal on
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Bran McFarland

    "There is, fortunately, no reason we have to get violent with these Hunters." I shift my attention around the group again. "So we're going to inform them first, with our words. If that fails, then Roland gets to do things his way. If this evening goes well, nobody has to meet their death or their Final Death. That confusing to anyone?"

    Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

    This newcomer is kind of a dick.

    "Being as that you've never met me, I find it in extremely poor taste for you to try to surmise what 'doing things my way' would entail at all, let alone imply that it would immediately fall to violence."

    I straighten, giving this "Bran" character a withering glance.

    "Now, if you're volunteering to be the one to walk into the hunters' lair, then I believe we would all thank you for your bravery. I'm sure we'll be able to come up with a suitable backup plan for the inevitability that is hunters disagreeing with us."

    I don't know whether you just read our character sheets or something to get that "what Bran thinks of all of us", but nothing about Roland yells (or even slightly implies) "brute" when he's in Elysium.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Lockheart narrows her eyes at Bran.

    "They are hunters, Bran," she glares. "Not children taking fruit from an orchard. There is only one way to deal with hunters. You put them down, same as you do Sabbat.

    "Go back to haven, Bran," she demands. "Clearly you have much more to learn."

    Bran visibly bristles at the chastisement of his sire, but dares not to speak out against her. Excusing himself he heads back into Elysium.

    @Ardent I gave you a shot and in two post you've made OOC knowledge in character and in the second you derailed my plothook. I gave you the opportunity cause I kinda dug the character and mostly the sire. I'm sorry but please leave my thread.

    Anyone else looking to get in, I'm changing my mind - I will not be accepting any more applicants. I'm cutting it off with the group we have, who are fucking killing it and I don't want to risk that coming apart.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Jack DeLuca

    I guess I'm still pretty low on the "protocol fuck-up list", so that's a start.

    "So, Roland, what's our first move?"

    steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

    Huh, that's not common. Guess Mr. Bigshot wasn't as ready for Elysium as he hoped.

    It shocks me slightly when Jack asks me for direction. I suppose I should have expected it since this is a group of primarily neonates and fledglings, but still...

    I look to Lockheart, the ranking Kindred present. The right to organize the group was, by law, hers, though the Seneschal assuredly had far too much on her plate to handle the minutiae of every operation in the city. After waiting for a barely perceptible nod, I address the group, outlining my plan.

    "Well, Mr. McFarland wasn't entirely incorrect. It would be unwise to jump to immediate action. The hunter's advantages are all easily countered by our strengths when we are able to control the manner in which they are applied. It would be best to take time and investigate their set-up for strengths and weaknesses and formulate a well-reasoned plan of attack."

    "I believe all of us have committed to this action, and I do not claim to be an expert in all of your fields. The investigation and reconnaissance portion of this operation has room to be rather free-form. While it would be wise to have a member of the group eyes-on to the target, there are assuredly other ways that we could gain information about the nest. Do any of you have any particular recommendations?"

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Jack DeLuca

    Finally, someone besides Damien who talks to me like I'm not an asshole.

    "Well, I was a PI before all of this," I gesture once again to our surroundings, "so investigation and reconnaissance as well as 'finding people who don't want to be found' is kind of my thing."

    I look around before asking, "Excuse me for being the new kid at school, but I gotta ask something before we get too deep into this. These 'hunters' you're talking about; are they Kindred, or are they humans?"

    dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Lockheart, clearly still annoyed with her childre, "Please excuse me.

    "They are human, Jack DeLuca. Roland, you will be reporting directly to the Sheriff. Obviously he is currently engaged but you know the number to reach him, should you need to make contact. I am also available. A haven has been established in Redmond," she hands Roland a slip of paper, "here is the address. Be aware that Redmond is still largely Anarch territory. Since they don't respect the Traditions, you shouldn't have much trouble feeding during your visit. If you are clever, you may be able to leverage the Anarchs to your advantage - either for information or assistance.

    "I assume you'll leave tomorrow night, providing you opportunity to feed, pack, and acquire a vehicle tonight. Do you have any questions before you begin to plan for the trip?"

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy Hell

    "The shadows are part of my domain, with them all the info I can gain."

  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

    I listen patiently to Jack's question, and am preparing to answer it when Lockheart interjects.

    This one will be useful, a Private Investigator by trade. Finding the wretches should be no problem at all and we should be able to figure out numbers quickly enough after that.

    "Yes, of course, Seneschal. I'll make my report as soon as the hunter threat has been eliminated. We thank you and the court for the foresight in preparing a base of operations."

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    Kris Pearson

    Lockhart's irritation with her childe finally helped throw a bucket of cold water on my buzzing head, allowing me to listen to what was actually being said.

    "I'll see what I can dig up around the 'net. Usenet chatter ought to have something. Ah, I can also probably come up with transport for everyone if needed." I paused for a moment considering. "What about weapons? Is this BYOG or are we being provided those?"

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damien Thorn

    I listen to the directives, noting Jack's PI past. Be nice to have those skills around for certain. I'm unsure what part I will play, but I think I have an idea or two.

    "I'm ready whenever the rest of you are. I'd like some time to get a feel for the area around the haven before we bed down for the day if possible."

  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

    Nodding absently at Kris, I accept that what he says is both true and possible. Who even knows with this internet thing?

    To Damien's comment however, I have a response. "I would prefer that we head over first thing tomorrow evening actually. That will allow everyone time tonight to gather materials and give us the most time to acquaint ourselves with the immediate area. With Kris's gracious offer, it should be easy for us all to meet at the base of the Needle, here, and travel to Redmond together. When entering new areas, especially those not under Camarilla control, I find it best to enter in force."

    Note: I have no idea how long it takes to drive from the Space Needle to Redmond, though Roland likely would. If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll modify.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    In the mid-90s, in the evening, probably 20-30 minutes, depending on how fast someone's driving. :) And now I get to find a car that seats 5-6 that's early '90s and fits Kris's aesthetic tastes!

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
    Delmain
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    Seems perfectly reasonable.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I bet in the pacific northwest you could find an early nineties Toyota 4Runner.

    Mikey CTS
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    okay, yeah, that's what I thought. Not long. So tomorrow night stands for Roland's suggestion.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Alright then, if everyone is in agreement on tomorrow night then I say we call that END SCENE.

    Tomorrow and Friday you all can pursue whatever agendas in Seattle you please. Whether that's feeding, getting equipment, vehicles, meeting particular NPCs or whatever. You set whatever scene you like, just tell me what you'r trying to accomplish in blue OOC text.

    I would like to move on to Redmond by Monday next week.

    You all get 2 XP, except for @Grunt's Ghosts who will get 3 XP for just killing it in the scene with the Prince.

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
    Grunt's GhostsDelmain
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damien Thorn

    Holy shit...I named this dude Damien because of the kid in Omen, and I used Thorn as a last name because it's been kind of my thing lately. I had NO IDEA the kid from Omen was actually named Damien Thorn. Now I am sad about my name choice.

    On to play related stuff, I think Damien will head to the Chantry and try to acquire/learn any low level ritual that might be available to neonates here. In Atlanta, being staked by religious hunters was a real threat, so new Tremere are taught the Deflection of Wooden Doom. Are there any particular rituals that a new Tremere would be expected to learn first in Seattle?

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy Hell is named after Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, which is currently one of my favorite bands.

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @Nealneal You can probably count on one hand their entire population in the city. Tremere here aren't plentiful due to the former Anarch control of the city. So they place a high value on Encrypt Missive and Communicate With Sire, so they can communicate covertly. They're also big on Defense of Sacred Haven.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Kris Pearson
    “Hey Elianna, are you here?” I asked as I entered my haven. I wasn’t sure if I expected her to have accepted my invitation to stay for a while, or if she had other places she wanted to be. The can of Mountain Dew holding down a note on my counter told me that even if she wasn’t staying, she’d at least swung by.

    My childe, thank you for your gracious offer of hospitality. Your haven reflects your unique aesthetic, without a doubt. I do, of course have other business I must attend to while I’m here in the Northwest. I may be back, we’ll see. Be careful and remember your true role in all of this. The note was in her perfect, Victorian era handwriting, and held a short postscript pointing to the Mountain Dew can reminding me that she did not approve of my relapsed bad habits.

    All right, I’d try to be good, at least for a night. I had work to do though. First came a call to my broker. Some nights he works late enough that I’d swear he had fangs too, but it turns out he does have limits. I hit his office’s machine, and left a short message with instructions about acquiring a car that I’d need delivered the next day. Next was to grab a few supplies from the safe. Roland hadn’t mentioned anything about providing arms, so I figured prep a few party favors to put in the trunk of the new wheels. While I didn’t exactly have an armory, I’d had the sense to stock up on a few pre-ban rifles. They were handy both for possible emergencies, and as investment tools.

    Finally, some real work. I lit up my computer, switched to Win3.1, and dialed into CompuServe. While waiting for the connect tones from my modem, I pondered where I needed to go for info tonight. The alt.Vampires newgroups, obviously, but I’d be hitting a couple of them anyway to see if I could find a snack before dawn. A few chat rooms came to mind, and a few of the local BBSes might have info as well. I jotted down a note on my “idea pad” next to my desk that I needed to write a spider program to automate some of this kind of thing if I was going to start doing it regularly.

    Okay, let's see what we can get from some chatrooms. Rolling for Computers + Manipulation

    Geth roll 6d10h6

    Edit: Name correction.

    6d10h6 2 [6d10h6=4, 1, [10, 3], 6, 4, 4]

    shdwcaster on
    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland doesn't have a 'w' in it!

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Kris you spend the rest of your night trolling through the usenets and chatrooms. Habitually you go through two and a half cans of Mountain Dew. You eventually make contact with a user named _xfangx_, who directs you to log in to DALnet to make contact. You know DALnet is a relatively new IRC server, but that the number of users has become exponental since its foundation. After a few minutes, this message appears on your screen:
    _xfangx_: i heard about hunters
    _xfangX_: why u care ???
    

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    @Mikey CTS: In regards to my dots in Contacts, do I need to establish who my major Contacts are right now, or as they come up in the story?

    steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

    I take my time to make the rounds at Elysium, greeting and hobnobbing with the socialites of Seattle. The usual "ooh a Ravnos?"s and "where are you from"s deflected with casual grace, refusing to answer any personal questions while still maintaing conversation and keeping myself in everyone's mind as a member of the Camarilla. Not too long after the group's plans were decided, however, I made my exit.

    I hail a cab to head home, and as I enter the small apartment, I head directly to the bedroom and change. While I love my nicer clothes, I just don't have enough to risk damaging them with my plans for the rest of the night. I hang up the vest, the shirt, and trousers in my closet, carefully smoothing them. The jeans and t-shirt I'd be wearing out were clean, but no one would confuse them for high quality. There's only so much you can stretch a budget and when you have a face to present at Court, other areas suffer. I pull on the heavy jacket I'd had reinforced with patches of leather in the body, and slide my favorite knife into the small pocket in the back before heading back out.

    I'd made sure to find an apartment in the... well, less savory part of town. Natalia had picked it up for me, so theoretically I could have gone anywhere, but the location is pretty excellent for my purposes. Three rowdy bars were within easy walking distance and I was a regular at all of them. It was weird, some unknown local always seemed to get angry at my mannerisms and I simply had no idea why...

    Roland is planning on hunting at the local bars and if he happens to anger a local by hitting on his girlfriend or date, well, oh darn, someone might challenge him to a fight.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS The Fool Registered User regular
    @dresdenphile As they come up in the story is fine.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior //
  • shdwcastershdwcaster West Dakota?Registered User regular
    Kris Pearson

    Finally, some progress! I polished off my third can of Dew (so much for that resolution), and pondered a reply.
    3. 1337Red: Heard they might be local.
    4. l337Red: Just want to avoid trouble.
    

    steam_sig.png
    Contributing writer at Marooner's Rock
    Twitch broadcasting! Currently playing through Star Wars: XWvT
    PAX South Checklist: [x]Tickets [x]Lodging [x]Challenge Coin [x]Airline Tickets
145791016
Sign In or Register to comment.