Options

Bethesda Announcement: War has changed. Wait no the other one

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    This enemy has mutated!

But...he's a robot

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    This enemy has mutated!

But...he's a robot

I killed a legendary Ghoul last night and he gave me a unique, named leather left leg.

uhh

thanks?

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man I'm constantly running out of screws

I also don't like that the over world resets and restocks stuff, I don't feel as impactful on the environment as I have in previous Bethesda games

Screws are my problem right now as well. Make sure to grab those desk fans!

Also, the only thing that really annoys me about the game is not being able to find the bodies of enemies in thick brush/just outside in general. It's not a super common thing, but the corpses dance around so much that it's vexing. I'll pay perk points to highlight stuff, come on pipboy.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    piper is a jerk
    I told her no way I ain't foolin this poor sap by playing along.

And she did it anyway!!!

The nerve!!!

Your coming with me I need this gutso in the commonwealth

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    It annoys me when you come across skeletons that you can't loot even though they're visibly wearing stuff.

I found one in a pre-war military base wearing a cool-looking military helmet. I want that helmet! He's not using it!

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Hmm, I got over encumbered.

Hmm why is that?

Oops I accidentally picked up a bag of cement.

Bethesda games!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So I have found civilization.

Structures -> Wood -> Floors -> Shack foundation.

These things can be placed clipping into the ground, have floor on them so they snap to each other, and can clip into each other.

They are amazing for trying to make level ground to actually build on in a settlement. I was able to use them to plug the water side hole in the castle wall, even though its all hilly.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    "Keep your eyes up, Preston. They're out there. Charlie's always out there."

G4YsXgT.jpg

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Is there some way to get all these corpses out of these buildings? That's a health code violation

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Man I love the vault suit. y'all are crazy.

The vault suit hugs my dude's ass in the most scandalous way

and it gives radiation resistance so that's nice

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    So far I've been in two missions with different NPCs who were required to be there the whole time

The way this works is they just run forward the whole time

Both were able to hold their own, and don't die permanently, but by virtue of not crouching with you or anything else means you will never be able to do either of these missions stealthed. It has been pretty frustrating.

Although to be fair the mission areas are poorly laid out for stealth anyway, at least in those cases.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey, I just remembered that I still have my old Galaxy SIII laying around somewhere. Guess I can try out the Pip Boy app after all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    So far I've been in two missions with different NPCs who were required to be there the whole time

The way this works is they just run forward the whole time

Both were able to hold their own, and don't die permanently, but by virtue of not crouching with you or anything else means you will never be able to do either of these missions stealthed. It has been pretty frustrating.

Although to be fair the mission areas are poorly laid out for stealth anyway, at least in those cases.

Stealth seems less viable in FO4 overall. Too many close-quarters areas with lots of enemies and no cover.

It may also be that I'm just really bad at it.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    I may have a problem with power armor. I never use it, but I have almost 7 suits sitting in my base.

3 Full T-60b's.
    1 Full T-60.
    1 T-51/45 combination.
    1 T-45/Raider combination.
    1 Partial T-45.

Shame I can't get the companions to wear it, to act as super guards for my base.

I have three suits of power armour and, aside from something in the story, I don't really use them for much beyond spending materials to make them pretty.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Power armor seems to be the answer if you have really low strength/endurance. It lets you go toe to toe without dying being a foregone conclusion

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh hey, there's a cover system of sorts. When I'm behind a corner and aim down sights, I automatically shift out of cover. And when I let go, I move back.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this game greatly.

Question - How the hell do you get your companions to use specific weapons/armour?

Can they just not change armour? Do they wear it but not change their appearance model?
    I'm rolling with Valentine (obviously) and he just uses his tommy gun and revolver, even though I've given him modded assault rifles and assault shotguns and good stuff. Then later he picked up an Institute rifle and has been using that.
    wait, he uses a tommy gun in yours? In mine he's been using and upgrading an institute auto pistol.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but dogmeat will occasionally pick up a gun off the ground and toss it to you. I mention this because, while on a boat, he threw at least three pistols into the river.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So just west of Swan's Pond I popped out of a sewer and saw a shuttle or something fly by in the sky and piper commented on it, but I totally can't find where it crash landed. Anyone have any clue?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like this app way better than using the Pip-Boy in-game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Finished building a wall surrounding sanctuary except for the bridge, which has multiple turrets and guard posts covering it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Actually, when will mod support for this start rolling out? Were two days into release, almost 3, there should be realistic Centaur Buttholes out at least.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Alreeady stuff showing up on Nexus.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I heard the mod tools weren't coming out until 2016, that not the case?

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm playing the xbox one version and my Diamond City radio station just stopped working all together. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've tried reloading and that doesn't help

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I want a mod that makes the Super Mutant Suiciders scream like the bomb guys in Serious Sam.

I love those guys. I can either get a quick resolution to a squad of super mutants by sniping his arm, or I can take him out and get more ammo for my Fatman.

It's win-win!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    I heard the mod tools weren't coming out until 2016, that not the case?

Textures, remodels, .ini editors, and little script tweaks don't require official tools. Most nexus mods thus far are these little tweak things.

"Proper" mods, those what come as .esp files, will need to wait for the GECK in 2016.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Editing FOV to 90 has way decreased my eye strain in this.

Weaver on
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    If i have one request its that, let me snap walls to hollowed out houses if you arnt going to let me demolish them.

Yeah, the only building I've touched beyond plopping down a prefab shack was when I tried to repair the big holes in the wall on my house, and that was a pain in the ass. At some point I'll probably go back and just completely cover up the walls for any houses that are left.

My kingdom for buildable slanted roofs.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Made myself an aluminum chain wrapped baseball bat. Called it Bambino. Named my fully customized 10mm Dredd.

• Options
    ugh got to the part where it tells me to build the settler beacon, soon as I placed it the game froze so hard I had to reboot

• Options
    I build a three story tall bunk house in santuary. Ran out of steel though so I could only make matresses for beds.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Important information regarding Dogmeat:
    If you tell him to wait in a settlement, he'll hang out in a doghouse.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    They really need to have more dialog options to reference your age.

Minutemen spoilers;
    "I've been a minuteman longer than you have been alive!"

"I seriously doubt that..."

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Important information regarding Dogmeat:
    If you tell him to wait in a settlement, he'll hang out in a doghouse.

this is good to know!

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    They super need to fix the saved game images being the correct image. Makes it hard to figure out which save is the right one. Also my most resent saves were somehow made twenty minutes in the future as none of the times matched.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Ugh. I found a stylist and got a new hairstyle and it turns out it's back to the same old functionality of "Fuck your hairstyle. You're wearing a hat you have a goddamn buzz cut, deal with it."

I don't get what the big roadblock is with this stuff.

Aistan on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    A Legendary mirelurk just dropped a chest that makes me almost invisible when I'm crouched and stationary. Thank you, disgusting crab thing. It's like you knew I had just gotten a decent sniper rifle!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ha, so my girlfriend has her own little Etsy shop where she makes little paintings and she did a Fallout Pip Boy guy and she sold it before it even got listed. Then got a request to do just the Power Armor head, with money in advance.

Fallout 4, make da money

This discussion has been closed.