As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hating The Player

12346»

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Just to put some of the statements you're all arguing semantics over in a bit of context:
    The answer is simple really. We wanted to create something contrary to prevailing standards of forcing games to be more polite or nice than they really are or even should be.

"Yes, putting things simply, we are developing a game about killing people. But what's more important is the fact that we are honest in our approach. Our game doesn't pretend to be anything else than what it is and we don't add to it any fake philosophy.

"In fact, when you think deeper about it, there are many other games out there, where you can do exactly the same things that the antagonist will do in our project. The only difference is that in Hatred gameplay will focus on those things. I also do believe that we're pretty straight forward about this on our official website. Plus hey, you've got to remember that Postal was first and still is the king of the genre. ;)"

Is straight from the horses mouth.

Basically 'we want to push against Social justice stuff but we're not political because we pretend to have a justification for the violence'.

Which is kinda contradictory.

Also reading these guys statements makes me depressed so sorry if there's shit in the bottom half of the interview putting the opening section in a better light than it initially portrays itself.

As somebody with no horse in this race - your summary of their words bears no relation whatsoever to what they actually said. Like, nothing. At all. They DON'T pretend to have a justification for the violence - they're saying that other games pretend to.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm not going to get into a big argument over this but saying 'we don't have any politics' doesn't mean you don't.

Which is the kind of juvenile attitude they're using. They're taking a lack of justification for violence as a lack of politics and a push against what they viewed to be the growing problem of social justice stuff in gaming.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Indeed.
    Claiming to be apolitical IS a political stance.