As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Red Bull gives you wiiings! And exclusive contennnt!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    glad I decided to do bounties

A light in the Dark?

don't mind if I do!

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Say someone wants to bust a little rear end and catch up to near end game on the XBOne and played the game in the beginning but not too much after. How much has changed quality of life wise and gearing wise?

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I thought the Crucible portion of the Thorn bounty was supposed to be the hard part, but here I am ready to throw my controller out the window trying to solo this Phogoth / Xyor strike part.

Anybody willing to jump in and help me out with this? I thought it was gonna be a quick little stop over so I could use a new Thorn in Iron Banner, but that is proving to not be the case. AgeOldSandwich on PSN. Got it done!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Croaker wrote: »
    I would like Trials so much more as a flat out Elimination with no revives.

In my opinion the revives adds so much more strategy to it. If revives want a thing it'd be even more if a sniper fest than it is.

Nades, supers, close quarters weapons all become way more important with revives.

I don't really disagree. I just happen to be a better sniper than about 80% of the people I come across, and I've had a hard time (on this map especially) capitalizing on that. It's a selfish wish, I know.
    You can switch to a higher impact sniper. I believe the "her benevolence" tier is where you gain the ability to rekill revived targets. We've fought some solid snipers who once they got you, revives were just feeding them super energy.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man, I just can not get iron wrath today

it's usually not easy but at least I can get it after a few matches or so

today it's like I get to three in a row and it's just NEWP

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Thanks @Haphazard for saving me from all those stupid Hive and helping me get my Thorn fully armed and operational. Turns out I was making it extra hard on myself by thinking it was a good idea to climb up really high, which is in fact a trigger for like 3-4 wizards to fly out of a door up there. Who knew!?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I die very often when I blade dance. If there are two people with a good line of sight, I die.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Quick question about elder ciphers. If you have one 34 character, can you keep killing skolas/boss repeatedly with the same character to get a better chance at the drop? Or is it once per week chance per character?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Quick question about elder ciphers. If you have one 34 character, can you keep killing skolas/boss repeatedly with the same character to get a better chance at the drop? Or is it once per week chance per character?

I think you can keep running it as many times as you like to try get the elder cipher to drop, but you're only going to get the small chest rewards at the end of the arena (you don't get rep after the first time each week on a challenge difficulty)

If you're in a group with like-minded people you could keep killing Skolas but let yourselves get wiped by not dismantling the mines, the bounty pops as soon as the boss goes down not when you complete the arena stage.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    You have all been slacking severely on your judiciary duties this week.

Farming glimmer is so depressing. I see Kersev doing it and I just load up my own exclusion zone, gently weeping. On the plus side, I did get all my banner buys done.

• Options
    I just got a second hawkmoon! 8-)

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Oh you're saving the heavy for me? Don't mind if I do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9aopZxAi4

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

11328776_10153367726013491_21894206_n.jpg?oh=af360cff55995884ff7defc362de317f&oe=55762DA2

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    about to get on PS4, probably going to put a PoE 32 group together and then go from there, so add me (Chace8625) if you haven't yet and we'll go slaughter some trapped prisoners.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

11328776_10153367726013491_21894206_n.jpg?oh=af360cff55995884ff7defc362de317f&oe=55762DA2

aaaaaah

What's wrong with your face

• Options
    Wait, so, reading about the elder cipher

Is the item you need from the Queen's chest only a random drop? Given the rarity of keys that would be shiiit

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I've got a question about newbie progression:
    At level 22, I see recommendations to do daily and weekly strike/quest bounties. In my limited experience, these have all been DLC bounties, is that always the case?

Other than said weekly/daily bounties, I know I should be doing the standard bounties when they're quick, but are zone-specific missions worth doing at all if the bounties available to me are lame, like bounties for doing specific strikes? I find myself wanting to play solo often for time reasons, but feel like that is really holding back my progress.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    about to get on PS4, probably going to put a PoE 32 group together and then go from there, so add me (Chace8625) if you haven't yet and we'll go slaughter some trapped prisoners.

@Frei five minutes

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    At level 22, I see recommendations to do daily and weekly strike/quest bounties. In my limited experience, these have all been DLC bounties, is that always the case?

Other than said weekly/daily bounties, I know I should be doing the standard bounties when they're quick, but are zone-specific missions worth doing at all if the bounties available to me are lame, like bounties for doing specific strikes? I find myself wanting to play solo often for time reasons, but feel like that is really holding back my progress.

not always the case but they have been the last couple weeks I think

• Options
    daily is usually not expansion missions at least

• Options
    so of course my Titan gets iron wrath on my first match without me even realizing it

• Options
    Wait, so, reading about the elder cipher

Is the item you need from the Queen's chest only a random drop? Given the rarity of keys that would be shiiit

Let me tell you about burning my only three keys to try and get a Queen's Cipher without having it drop. Because it's real fun.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Septus wrote: »

The long answer: it depends. Some of the target-specific bounties are really quick. There's the one in the Venus-based story mission to kill a Fallen Servitor; that can be done in like 5-7 minutes and nets a good chunk of exp.

Other specific bounties, say for certain bosses in strikes, might not be worth doing because they take too long or are out of the way or whatever.

I think the best things you can do at Level 22 are the Strike Playlist and the Daily PvP. You'll get a ton of marks and rep, and the Vanguard/Crucible gear will skyrocket your level, and once you're 30-31 you can do Weekly Nightfall/Heroic Strike, VoG/Crota and the Level 28 all for some really juicy gear.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Frei I cannot join you
    send me an invite, please

Edit
    oh, you're full

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Yay, I finally got the queen's sniper rifle to complete the queen weapon set and I also have an elder cipher on each of my characters (with the queen's cipher already collected), so now I never have to worry about keys again!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Need one more for a 34 PoE run on Xbone. Message Hiryu Zerotwo

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DestinyLFG has rapidly declined in usefulness for me this week. I've joined so many groups that only reveal their ineptitude once you're in them this week, even after more carefully screening them.

That site's really down the tubes, so I may need to start using the public games on The100 as an alternative.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The100 seems good. I met a guy on there to do a PoE with last week, and a few days later he invited me to PvP with his clan. I think there are a lot of good folks who are just looking for people to help them get stuff done.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Recoiled Khaos @fragglefart @Custom Special @Brogey and the rest of you guys, thanks for the fun matches, was awesome to get an 18 kill streak on my Warlock on Pantheon of all maps
    even got the Low Humility Sniper I wanted to roll for PvP use from that fight, I've gotten Reign of Terror (15 killstreak) twice on Pantheon this week, last week I hadnt tried it before.

Iron Banner loot so far.

3 Etheric Lights (Will hit rank 5 on both Warlock and Hunter tomorrow, so +2)
    2 Radegast's Fury
    2 Matador 64
    2 BRTD-345
    1 Felwinter's Lie
    1 Spare Change 2.5 or whatever its called.
    1 Salvation State
    1 Low Humility
    1 Mantle of Perun (I wanted the new Hunter IB cloak, getting Warlock one tomorrow)

http://i.imgur.com/ZhND4GF.gifv

Also in this GIF both me and @Recoiled Khaos are racing to the enemy heavy ammo spawn, he throws a flimsy grenade and I Nova Bomb the fuck out of 5 of them, better luck next time Khaos!

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    It may not be pretty, but it's the first time I have recorded getting 2 kills with a single sniper round. =D

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Not that I want this to happen, but why doesn't Tempered have a cost of 1 * d where d = the number of days IB has been open? The buff may as well just be permanent, which in turn makes it pointless. It's not like getting a Mote is tough.

Just a random thought.

• Options
    Who all was interested in doing PoE 34 and 35 tonight? I think @Muffinatron for sure, was someone else interested? It would probably be in about an hour. I'm kinda too distracted at the moment to do a lot more than bounties until then.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Nice super Siri! Cool to see it after hearing about it during that match.
    I'm going to play a few rounds tonight to hit rank 4, then off to glimmer farm so I can pick up boots and the fusion rifle. I also got a split shifter pro that I need to reforge, and super bonus got another exotic bounty when I turned in my IB bounty! Unfortunately it was the same 3 guns as last time. I just finished my Juju bounty yesterday so this time I picked up the Super Good Advice bounty.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Is it safe to assume that next week variks will have boots, and that they will be strength?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Who all was interested in doing PoE 34 and 35 tonight? I think @Muffinatron for sure, was someone else interested? It would probably be in about an hour. I'm kinda too distracted at the moment to do a lot more than bounties until then.

Right here. Need to do 35, never tried it before. Fawst0083

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Is it safe to assume that next week variks will have boots, and that they will be strength?

With Variks nothing is certain, except that it will be a shit offering, so disappointed in the Judgment PoE gear (I still want some of the elemental weapons Skolas can drop though, I'm 0 for 3 now...), VoG gear is so much better, even Crota pieces.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sure am glad atheons epilogue is the only void primary I have, otherwise getting the thorn might be fun and enjoyable

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    sure am glad atheons epilogue is the only void primary I have, otherwise getting the thorn might be fun and enjoyable

Honestly, forget using Epilogue. I'd recommend using a primary you feel comfortable with to reduce deaths. Then run a good void sniper/RL combination. Play far back and snipe. Camp the heavy and get all the RL kills possible. Obviously if your class has Void grenades run those too.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    PiptheFair wrote: »

After the Autorifle nerf, Atheon's Epilogue is worth precisely dick in PvP.

Noteworthy Void weapons you should consider collecting - Word of Crota (not that good for pvp but not many void primaries), Praedyths Revenge (Efrideets Spear with void) and Corrective Measure/Truth (BRTD-345 with Void)

Also, preferably be a Voidwalker Warlock with Nothing Manacles.

I actually picked up my 3rd A Light in the Dark today, I've already completed it twice and have 2 Thorns, need that 3rd one!

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Get a void shotgun and rule the game.

The primary is there to keep you alive.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter