As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sense8: Season 2 is out

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I sort of feel like Whispers is bad at his job. I mean he should have known their Birthday would be the best time to try and get into the pile and find them all.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    The Lito story line in the Christmas special made the waterworks hit me. It was just so lovely and perfect and wonderful. I love Lito and his boyfriend and his girlfriend and basically the whole Mexico 3 way that is happening.

Nomi and Will are my least favorite aspect at the moment. They serve a purpose just not the interesting part of the show for me.

I kinda get hating Will, he's pretty white bread and boring

I just cannot get behind the Nomi hate. She's fucking rad. I love how she's the eye in the sky support from afar person for the group.

she's super cool and I love her sweet and adorable relationship with her girlfriend

Nomi and Amanita are so fucking great when they go all Nancy Drew together.

Nomi is the smartest of the cluster, by a pretty significant margin, both in computer skills and strategic thinking.
    She's still learning the fugitive game, but if she says that they're relatively safe because she's bouncing her IP off of Australia, I believe her. It's not like Feds are known for their deep penetration (heh) of the LGBTQ and women's support groups of San Francisco.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The Lito story line in the Christmas special made the waterworks hit me. It was just so lovely and perfect and wonderful. I love Lito and his boyfriend and his girlfriend and basically the whole Mexico 3 way that is happening.

Nomi and Will are my least favorite aspect at the moment. They serve a purpose just not the interesting part of the show for me.

I kinda get hating Will, he's pretty white bread and boring

I just cannot get behind the Nomi hate. She's fucking rad. I love how she's the eye in the sky support from afar person for the group.

she's super cool and I love her sweet and adorable relationship with her girlfriend

Ugh my brain mixed up names. I mean Riley.

Nomi is good but sometimes the stupid her and gf do is eye roll worthy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I sort of feel like Whispers is bad at his job. I mean he should have known their Birthday would be the best time to try and get into the pile and find them all.
    I don't think that it works that way. He can't get to like...Nomi through Will. So like when Will is visiting someone else Whispers can't see what Will is seeing

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Riley is the cleric. It's a pretty thankless job, as many RPG players can tell you.

After being the primary plot focus of Season 1, I'm okay with her taking a backseat for awhile.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I don't think that it works that way. He can't get to like...Nomi through Will. So like when Will is visiting someone else Whispers can't see what Will is seeing
    That was established last season after Naveen Andrew's character got captured; they showed him tied down with electric leads attached to his head being coached by Whispers when he was visiting Will/others

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    I smiled like an idiot when Nomi and her girlfriend invited their silly hacker friend out for them to share Christmas. This show is far from perfect but it has a direct line to my emotions somehow.

And Lito's boyfriend laying down a verbal smackdown on his student was very well done.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I think, for whatever else they might have as faults, the characters act in very human ways and when they do good things it definitely swells the old heart a few sizes.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think I love Lito's boyfriend more than Lito.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Sure he can't link jump but he's just waiting to break Will and it would have been a good time to make an attempt.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    I think my favourite line was from Felix (paraphrasing):
    "I can't get shot again, that would be terrible plotting"

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular

I don't know. They seem to have a pretty solid thing going /s

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

@Sarksus is about ready to dump my ass for Hernando.

and it's basically the same for me. Hell, we'd be in a three way relationship with that guy. He's fucking rad.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

and it's basically the same for me. Hell, we'd be in a three way relationship with that guy. He's fucking rad.

The question is, would you be able to satisfy Daniela's by-proxy needs along the way?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »
    Kinda loved the Christmas special. Everyone's struggling but everyone comes together when shit needs to get done.

Lito's mother was a welcome respite though.

I can't sufficiently express how much I love the cast and characters in this show. Even when Sensate Orgies happen, I'm grinning at how close everyone is.

Especially when all 8 + Hernando ate crammed into one bathroom stall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So, the bus...

Is that a thing in Africa? The Van Damn is awesome and all, but I also noticed some others in the background like it. Are these themed buses a thing?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

The question is, would you be able to satisfy Daniela's by-proxy needs along the way?

Oh, in that scenario, Dani didn't exist. I was Dani but not as careless.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So, the bus...

Is that a thing in Africa? The Van Damn is awesome and all, but I also noticed some others in the background like it. Are these themed buses a thing?

Umoinner-Sacco-1.gif

Matatus-2-800x510.jpg

matatu-poll.jpg?x91596

They are apparently called 'Matatu' and they are very much a thing.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    This needs to be a thing everywhere.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I would love it.

4/5 - The art was good, but the pun was lazy. Got me to my destination.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So, the bus...

They're a thing in Nairobi at least, but I doubt they're a thing on the entire continent :P

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Season 2 went up today.

I've only watched the first episode, but it seems like the hammy, didactic, and beautiful mess you know and love. So buckle up and get ready for another 10 hours of sexy sensate montages and exceedingly dorky discourse.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Season 2 went up today.

I've only watched the first episode, but it seems like the hammy, didactic, and beautiful mess you know and love. So buckle up and get ready for another 10 hours of sexy sensate montages and exceedingly dorky discourse.

It's like they know my soul.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Only seen episode one:
    I hope the end is real, even if things still won't go smoothly, but I kind of doubt Whisper's would be that careless. They build a room, then he forgets his pills/goes to a easy to identify place or is forced to for whatever reason?

Just seems like an easy way to catch people. Let them come to you.

Speaking of the room Whisper's was bragging about: I liked the turnabout with the deceptions.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Season 2 went up today.

WHAT

Hope wife finds a way from the airport tonight

• Options
    Episode 2.2 is top-notch Sense8.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    2.2 was good. Like, a-ok. I was getting back into the characters, enjoying the setting again, the conspiracy is hitting all the right tones, and the... holy fuck that last two minutes! Fist pumping joy.

Edit: apparently the christmas thing was 2.1. Ok.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I paused it and it said 2.2 and I went uh... and went back and looked at the episode lineup.

• Options
    Well, when I said 2.2, I meant 2.3 technically. So there.
    The Jailbreak sequence is excellent.

• Options
    Brief Observations through 4 Episodes:

- Will's beard continuity (or lack thereof) highlights the challenges presented in filming this show
    - Daryl Hannah's airbrushed skin freaks me out
    - Nomi is still the worst, while Lito is still the best
    - New Calpheus >>> Old Calpheus, except New Calpheus has absurdly small ears
    - I still wish this show was filmed in multiple languages (especially for the Korean sections)

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I haven't seen the new season, but if New Capheus can communicate the same level of joy at how frickin' awesome this all is that the old one did, I'll be happy.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Brief Observations through 4 Episodes:

- Will's beard continuity (or lack thereof) highlights the challenges presented in filming this show
    - Daryl Hannah's airbrushed skin freaks me out
    - Nomi is still the worst, while Lito is still the best
    - New Calpheus >>> Old Calpheus, except New Calpheus has absurdly small ears
    - I still wish this show was filmed in multiple languages (especially for the Korean sections)

Nomi hate is the worst kind of hate.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Just started watching this... the first few eps are great. This show is such a love letter to the human condition.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    s2e7
    "You have improved, detective."

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Have now watched all of it and
    Sun

is still my fave

they're all fucking amazing though

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    So I'm watching the first episode that just got released and
    I totally forgot why the little girl who died is important. And whispers killed her? Was she a sensate?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I totally forgot why the little girl who died is important. And whispers killed her? Was she a sensate?
    She's the girl that Will sees after her death, and during the first season we see Will experiencing a memory of her in some warehouse/basement/place being operated on by Whispers.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    She's the girl that Will sees after her death, and during the first season we see Will experiencing a memory of her in some warehouse/basement/place being operated on by Whispers.
    and it's also important because a big sticking point between Will and his father is that his father doesn't believe that that happened or that what he saw was real, and when Will called his dad during the Christmas special he told his dad that what was going on was about the little girl.

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should watch the xmas special again. I was pretty high on painkillers after surgery