As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Witcher Thread Contains Trolls.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    so is the season pass less than buying the expansions separately?

I believe that's always the case for things that have a season pass

The idea is that you commit to have everything for a slightly cheaper price

For some games it's better to buy on a case by case basis (like, some games will mix in multiplayer content with their single-player expansions, and you might not care about one of those two categories)

But I imagine if you want more Witcher 3, then you'll want every expansion they're releasing for Witcher 3

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    In case anyone wasn't aware, Spotify now has the extended soundtrack available
    And if you go from there to the artist's page, which I can't spell because it's hella Polish, you'll also find the singles for The Wolven Storm and Lullaby of Woe, which is the song from the launch trailer

• Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    I wonder how many non-readers figured out the Wolven Storm was about Geralt and Yen.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Hunh, I didn't realize that was the song for the trailer, which caused me to review the trailer again. There's... a lot more going on than I had realized!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A

The song is clearly a vampiric lullaby, vampires being their own species and not 'turned' humans in the Witcherverse. The song is divided in two so you only realize it's a warning about Witchers hunting them at the end.

And the whole trailer is a mini reflection of Geralt's (in)humanity; he takes the contract and kills her, and you can clearly see him lurching towards her with the trophy hook at the end of the fight. But when he reawakens the next morning, he frowns as he remembers what he'd done and intended to do last night, which is followed by him looking uncertainly at her corpse.

Then he rides off sans trophy, though he may have difficulty proving to the person who hired him that the job was done.

@Wyborn summed it up as "Geralt doesn't usually take trophies of things he can have a conversation with," which is definitely correct. But it's his initial coldhearted instinct to take a trophy, followed by his remorse, that makes the trailer for me. You can tell the person who wrote the script for it understood and wanted to highlight that subtlety of his character. :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I need this expansion to come out so I have more information to fill out my thesis that the Witcher series takes place on its own level of the Dark Tower, Witchers are gunslingers, and Geralt is a twinner of Roland

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I need this expansion to come out so I have more information to fill out my thesis that the Witcher series takes place on its own level of the Dark Tower, Witchers are gunslingers, and Geralt is a twinner of Roland

Woah woah woah how do I not even get co credit for this theory??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    In fairness

Geralt is nowhere near as big a fuck-up or a monster as Roland

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Woah woah woah how do I not even get co credit for this theory??

Jeez man look at this glory hound, can you let me work on this for 5 minutes before you start making demands

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Those Witcher 3 trailers are really fucking awesome. I generally don't like game trailers that are all CG and no gameplay, but they're just so well done.

A Night to Remember is my favorite, but this is my other favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3mbGDB8sQ

I like the little touch where he goes to grab his sword, but then is like "No, I'm gonna do this with my bare hands..."

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    speaking of trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE

already bought cause this looks siiiiiiiik

• Options
    NEW SLEEVELESS ARMOR

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    do note that if you're like me and haven't finished witcher 3 the hearts of stone launch trailer does contain spoilers

(i wasn't spoiled, i was just made aware of that earlier in the week)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I don't think there's any significant spoilers in the trailer. If you're a total purist I suppose you'll want to hold back until just after clearing the White Orchard area, but that's about it?

Trailer is awesomeeeeeeeee
    Heists? HEISTS!

Looks like a huge story quest.

signature.png
  • Options
    Yeah I don't see any main quest major spoilers or anything really from after the first 5 minutes of the game

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    so i finally finished the mastercraft bear armour, and why do all teh mastercraft witcher armours have the same defence? what's the point of heavy armour when you have light armour just as protective?

i mean, other than it looking bitchin'

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    so i finally finished the mastercraft bear armour, and why do all teh mastercraft witcher armours have the same defence? what's the point of heavy armour when you have light armour just as protective?

the itemization is just pretty bad overall

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    also i got the skiliga's most wanted bug.
    were wolf just hollers as he slowly sinks intot he ground. it's a metaphor for my life, i think.

• Options

It... shouldn't, unless it was changed in a patch

The Mastercraft bear armor should have a lot more defense than the Cat or Griffin armor

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    And the answer to your other question is: different combat perks

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    also i got the skiliga's most wanted bug.
    were wolf just hollers as he slowly sinks intot he ground. it's a metaphor for my life, i think.

I was so sad about that. I was really looking forward to see how that resolved itself.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Patch notes released - a link to download the notes are halfway down the page as they're 13 pages long!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-08-witcher-3-patch-1-10-is-a-monster-full-notes-revealed

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oooh! OOOOOH!

Patch adds additional dialogue for romance related things!!!

Patchlog:
    - Adds segments to conversations with Triss and Yen before battle at Kaer Morhen.
    - Adds segments to conversation with Ciri in quest titled Payback.
    - Adds segments to conversation with Triss in quest titled On Thin Ice.

-Adds new romance­ related segments in conversations with Triss and Yen in quest titled The Sunstone.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay<3

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

The Mastercraft bear armor should have a lot more defense than the Cat or Griffin armor

unless it was changed after release they all have the same base stats when fully upgraded.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Wyborn wrote: »

unless it was changed after release they all have the same base stats when fully upgraded.

You have the mastercrafted bear, griffin, and cat armor and they all have the same defense? That's bizarre. I built them all about two or three weeks after release and (I think) they had radically different defenses, especially when you added together the entire sets. I thought that was the entire point of the light/medium/heavy divide.

What stats do they have now? Maybe I am misremembering.

Edit: Wait, maybe I do remember

The ursine armor should have much higher physical defense boosts than the Feline or Griffin - boosts to bludgeoning or slashing defense, and also defense against monsters. Even if they have similar base stats, the bonus defenses the heavy armor provides against most types of physical damage makes it much more tank-y.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The other day I was looking up a location for something in Witcher on youtube and saw a video that claimed it was a threesome scene with Yenn and Triss. That's fake, right?

Please tell me it's fake

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Eheheheheheheh

It's real! It happens if you romance both Triss and Yen. It's a really, really, really good scene and happens exactly as it should

I recommend watching it! (in the spoiler tag)
    Go to 4 minutes in exactly
    https://youtu.be/doSdcJjykm4?t=239

Oh goodness the reactions of people who inadvertently got this scene are terrific.

It also results in a 'Geralt all alone' ending

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah the threesome bit is pretty darn great.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There’s just so much [in Hearts of Stone], and it’s all so well made. At this point I almost want CD Projekt to phone something in. Please. Anything! I’ll feel better about my laziness, and the rest of the industry needs a break from being so comprehensively schooled.

At no point does anything in Hearts of Stone seem to have been treated as ‘just’ DLC, or any way less important than anything on the main Witcher 3 questline. Let me give a quick example that won’t be too spoilery – there’s a point where Geralt goes to an auction house, just to meet someone. Once inside though there are about five characters to talk to, several with a micro-quest to accomplish. You get to play through the actual auction, including bidding for items and spawning at least one mini-quest depending on how you did earlier. The whole thing is wrapped in ambient dialogue. And then, when the objects are being presented by the auctioneer… if I’ve just missed the object re-use from the main game here, then I apologise, but I can think of several things just like this that I could drop in its place… you find that someone on the art team has bothered to model the Maltese Falcon. Purely as a quick sight gag!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/09/the-witcher-3-hearts-of-stone-review/

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Jesus

• Options
    CD Projekt Red the real MVPs of the video game industry right now

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    This patch has made the game run worse on my ps4 lol

:/

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    1.10 removed the shop highlight when you pin a recipe.

The items that the vendor sells that match your recipe aren't highlighted anymore. That's annoying n

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    What's the point of pinning then?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    What's the point of pinning then?

I assume to keep them at the top of the list so you don't need to scroll through everything when you want to make them/check what ingredients you need.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Good Lord, this patch is 17 gigs

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    This patch is garbage. Every time I talk to an npc it takes 10-15 seconds to load the option.

• Options
    Npcs in cutscenes don't walk anymore they just slide around.

I don't want to have to spend more time loading conversations that I do having them.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Any other PS4 players having a bad time?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_now_running_smoother-17191_en.html

Gamersyde suggests the game is running better after the patch

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Um
    Well I'm not having any problems with performance, but when I load up my New Game+ my Wolven Gear I brought in from the first playthrough is just gone
    Like, I had it equipped last time I played before the new patch, and now it is just gone from my inventory, armor and swords
    Nothing else is missing, and I was able to pull a different set of stuff out of the stash, but that Wolven stuff ghosted

• Options
    I mean, that stuff was gonna be outpaced by the NG+ gear anyway I guess

This discussion has been closed.