As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Another short teaser for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which now has an August 11 release date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KspvbOzG_n0

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    Reminder that dick-eating bets are taken literally.

Like, you are making a bet with cannibalism on the line.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Oh. Cannibalism. I thought we were going with the other, more fun option.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    As long as it's not mine.

But I'm not gonna go there.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So with the knowledge of Ratchet & Clank, Mirror's Edge 2, MGSV, Battlefront, Platinum's new game, and whatever Nintendo has in store for us, this E3 is already shaping up to be pretty rad. I'm sure the MS and Sony conferences will be as over bloated with fluff as they always are, but in all that fluff will be some info and trailers for some potentially fantastic games.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    No technicalities, sir. This is a gentleman's game after all.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    How do you know I won't eat all of the dicks

Maybe I'm eating all of the dicks right now

I'm picturing this being said by that dog avatar :P

that fat dog clearly ate all the dicks

Since my pug was drawn for me by Abby Howard, this is undoubtedly the case

Anyway I stand by it, I will literally cannibalize everybody's penis if Half-Life 3 is announced at E3 in 2015

Rest easy tonight

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

ohmigod really???

<3

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So with the knowledge of Ratchet & Clank, Mirror's Edge 2, MGSV, Battlefront, Platinum's new game, and whatever Nintendo has in store for us, this E3 is already shaping up to be pretty rad. I'm sure the MS and Sony conferences will be as over bloated with fluff as they always are, but in all that fluff will be some info and trailers for some potentially fantastic games.

I know, right? Even if there are no surprises and we only see all the expected titles, I'd be really happy with this E3.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

ohmigod really???

<3

Yeah she sketched it for me at PAX South and I added the color later!

Anyway Valve isn't attending E3 so my bet is about as safe as one can get

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Just a regular week before E3 on the PA forums.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

If by HL3 you mean the disease someone is gonna get from the fast food joints next week at LA.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

But that means Half Life 3 has been confirmed since... whenever the first E3 was.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

But that means Half Life 3 has been confirmed since... whenever the first E3 was.

HL3 has been inside you all along. It never needed to be announced.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

Oh god

OH GOD

GET IT OUT OF ME

THERE'S SOMETHING INSIDE OF ME AND IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE

GET IT OUUUUUUUT

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

Oh god

OH GOD

GET IT OUT OF ME

GET IT OUUUUUUUT

I fully expect, somewhere on the internet, there is a picture of Gabe Newell bursting out of someone's chest with Half-Life 3.
    edit: wrong thread!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If they announce Mario Galaxy 3 with a 2015 release date, I will eat 10 dicks.

I think we are going to get a Mario game this Christmas very obviously built on the same engine as 3D World. We know Nintendo planned on Zelda being their Christmas anchor game, but that's not happening. This must have left them somewhat scrambling a bit, so I'm thinking we'll get a Mario sequel built out of stuff they already had (kind of like how Galaxy 2 was released).

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Shadow Warrior 2 announced
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PfKun0R70

Looks like the big new thing is 4-player co-op.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    wait....E3?

HL3 confirmed

Oh god

OH GOD

GET IT OUT OF ME

GET IT OUUUUUUUT

Now I am picturing the dog running around in circles, shaking and fidgeting and rolling around to get something off him :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Man, E3 really is the best time of the year for gamers.

I'm not usually sold on a game 'till it's out and has good word of mouth. But once every year, it's fun to just turn off your brain, stop being cynical, get together on the internet with a bunch of strangers who share your interests and just give in to the spectacle (with a healthy dose of appropriate snark and mockery). Even for games I know I might not play for years, if ever, 'cause I don't own the system, it's fun to get swept up in the hype sometimes.

Honestly, I'd be pretty sad if this stupid, stupid show ever ends.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Occulus Rift livestream going on right now

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-begins-today-with-oculus-briefing-watch-it-righ/1100-6428004/

Edit: Microsoft is working with Occulus, will work natively with Windows 10, Xbox One Controller and you can stream Xbox One games to the Rift

JMan711 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    They really can't get across what VR and all the "amazing content" brings through these keynotes. They need lots of demo booths and stuff in malls, stores and at special marketing events to get any traction.

Absalon on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Occulus Touch looks exactly how I imagined the gamepads for PS4 and Xbox One would be like. Wonder how I'll like it.

I'm not sold on VR yet. I've no idea how it'd feel to use a headset. No idea of how impressive (or not) the VR-headset's 3D effect is. No idea if I'm prone to getting motion sick or not.

Right now, I'm most curious about how the gaming industry will market all this stuff to me. Outside of me seeking out VR experiences pro-actively, I don't see how they can reach me.

Well, I guess if Morpheus is affordable, I might just pull the trigger sight unseen. Occulus however? Too steep an investment for that ever to happen. 200'ish bucks, I guess I'd be down with that. If that sells me on VR, I could see me investing in an appropriately powerful PC, and all the other shennanigans the full Occulus experience requires.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don't have the capacity to put on a headset and totally remove myself from the world for hours at a time. And I'm a single twentysomething with little personal responsibility. So I don't really understand how VR works outside of college students.

Also, they make me puke.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I'm not sold on VR yet. I've no idea how it'd feel to use a headset. No idea of how impressive (or not) the VR-headset 3D effect is. No idea if I'm prone to getting motion sick or not.

I've only used a DK1, but the effect is pretty impressive. You get a feeling of being in a physical space rather than just looking at one on a monitor, and a much better sense of scale. Things that are supposed to be huge actually look huge to you. I found myself instinctively backing away from large objects that got too close to me.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don't have the capacity to put on a headset and totally remove myself from the world for hours at a time. And I'm a single twentysomething with little personal responsibility. So I don't really understand how VR works outside of college students.

Also, they make me puke.

If all you've used is the DK1, consider trying the release version. Apparently they drastically reduced the motion sickness bit of them around the time of DK2.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am going to watch the Giant Bomb coverage of the press conferences. They tend to be funny.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Shadow Warrior 2 announced
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PfKun0R70

Looks like the big new thing is 4-player co-op.

That, and according to the website there's some Procedurally generated level stuff going on as well.
    The breach between the human and demon realms created an interdimensional hernia resulting in constant shifts to the world of Shadow Warrior 2. Procedurally generated landscapes and paths bring new twists and turns to once familiar terrain and routine missions.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Aw damn no crackdown this e3 :(

Ah well that shadow warrior news is unexpected and awesome

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Aw damn no crackdown this e3 :(

Ah well that shadow warrior news is unexpected and awesome

Scalebound and Quantum Break are also going to be absent. There goes my MS prediction.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I'm guessing there must be a big gears reveal or some new stuff then, because there's not much else aside from halo and tomb raider

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Man, MS is really going to have to pull some crazy shit out of their asses at this E3.

EDIT: Unless thier plan is

CALL OF DUTY HALO HALO GEARS HALO HALO TOMB RAIDER HALO rare HALO GEARS FORZA HALO HALO.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Apparently Crackdown and Scalebound will be shown at Gamescon

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Minecraft Halo.

You're a group of rangers that gets stranded on a planet and so you have to build and defend against the native wildlife that is trying to kill you while you stay alive trying to build a communications device that can help you call for help off the planet. During your explorations you find a small army of aliens that are building something sinister...

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Man, MS is really going to have to pull some crazy shit out of their asses at this E3.

CALL OF DUTY HALO HALO GEARS HALO HALO TOMB RAIDER HALO rare HALO GEARS FORZA HALO HALO.

Maybe this year they'll treat PC gaming seriou-aha ha ha ha ha I crack myself up.

... :(

• Options
    Man, I get sad every time I'm reminded that MS owns Minecraft. I have no special affinity to the game, but it's importance to the coming generation of gamers going to be incacluable. Putting that in the hands of one of the big three worries the shit out of me.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

Maybe this year they'll treat PC gaming seriou-aha ha ha ha ha I crack myself up.

... :(

They're releasing Windows 10, in what, next month?
    E3's technically about technology in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had PC stuff included in their presser (and very unsurprised if they had a specific presence in the PC conference)

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Man, I get sad every time I'm reminded that MS owns Minecraft. I have no special affinity to the game, but it's importance to the coming generation of gamers going to be incacluable. Putting that in the hands of one of the big three worries the shit out of me.

I think one of Nintendo's big failings this generation, that never really gets mentioned, is not having a version of Minecraft on either their console or handheld.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
This discussion has been closed.