As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All-New, All-Different [Superhero Thread]: Howard the Duck gets a new hat!

19596979899101»

Posts

  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Like, the mistake you're making Solar is that people are mad at ASM for existing

    If Marvel had announced them both at the same time and said HEY MILES IS GONNA BE THE STREET LEVEL SPIDER-MAN AND LEARN THE ROPES WITH THE ANAD AVENGERS AND PETER IS BASICALLY TONY STARK AND WORKING WITH THE UNCANNY AVENGERS then there would be way less of an issue here

    It's the fact that they led with Miles becoming "the" Spider-Man only to reveal Peter's new role a week later that it is really frustrating

    Yeah no I am not making a mistake

    you all seem mad at ASM for existing

    and if you aren't, then express your feelings better, because that's how you all come off!

    And now I have come to a realization that no one actually reads what I type, which is my fault, because I type alot of noise sometimes.

    My entire issue is with marketing Miles as THE Spider-Man and then walking that back with the Amazing Spider-Man announcement. From my first post on the subject.

    That is indeed alot of venom thrown in ASM's way.

    But I assue you.

    It's purely directed at Marvel.

    Stop apologizing, you got your message through fine.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to make this point at all

    but it seems like people regular take a swing because I am so critical of Marvel's books these days

    and that's fair or whatever

    but the one book I actually like the look of

    you all are mad about?

    the fuck?

    The problem is that makes it sound like the decision to like or hate something has anything to do with what you like or don't.

    I'm not 100% sure how to soften that blow.

    and yet people seem so very interested in my opinion

    so much so that everyone seems to want to post responses to it

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Solar, why are you looking forwards to the new Amazing Spider-Man run as opposed to the rest of Marvel's ANAD lineup? What makes it stand out for you?

    Peter Parker is a character who I am invested in, I guess

    although, remember way back when, during Big Time? I was reading Spider-Man avidly, then

    Anyway, back then, a lot of people (including myself) were saying that it would be really cool if Spider-Man could leave the whole fighting crime out of Aunt May's cellar behind and go on to the big leagues, using his tech and getting resources and becoming a global hero? And that would be cool! That's a new spin on an established character that I care about which seems to fit his story of recent years and work with his character and the development thereof

    That's why the book stands out, it seems like so much more of a natural development of the character due to the time it's taken for Slott to take Peter there, and not just some rushed, haphazard, ooh look let's throw these characters together for a press release kind of deal.

    This kind of sums up my feelings about most of the books in this relaunch, honestly.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't want to seem like I'm backseating modding, but seeing as how this thread is over 100 pages now, maybe we should just take a cooling off period before we start saying things we can't take back.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    ALso Stan Pines' fez. Another crossover that I now want.

  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to make this point at all

    but it seems like people regular take a swing because I am so critical of Marvel's books these days

    and that's fair or whatever

    but the one book I actually like the look of

    you all are mad about?

    the fuck?

    The problem is that makes it sound like the decision to like or hate something has anything to do with what you like or don't.

    I'm not 100% sure how to soften that blow.

    and yet people seem so very interested in my opinion

    so much so that everyone seems to want to post responses to it

    It's because nobody wants to talk about how rad Angela's new hat is with me tbh.

    GethSolar
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to make this point at all

    but it seems like people regular take a swing because I am so critical of Marvel's books these days

    and that's fair or whatever

    but the one book I actually like the look of

    you all are mad about?

    the fuck?

    The problem is that makes it sound like the decision to like or hate something has anything to do with what you like or don't.

    I'm not 100% sure how to soften that blow.

    and yet people seem so very interested in my opinion

    so much so that everyone seems to want to post responses to it

    That's them wanting to voice their opinions. Dude, you have to stop taking every disagreement personally.

    Spoit
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    On a note of something I really like in ANAD Marvel: Vision building his own family.

    Like, if he is truly accepting himself as a robot and not trying to be human but just be a good "man" and hero, it makes perfect sense. That's how he was created, if he is accepting himself as a sentient being, why wouldn't it be okay to make others like him? And if anyone tries to give him shit about it he can point that fact out, because then they're saying that he shouldn't exist either.

    CYpGAPn.png
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to make this point at all

    but it seems like people regular take a swing because I am so critical of Marvel's books these days

    and that's fair or whatever

    but the one book I actually like the look of

    you all are mad about?

    the fuck?

    The problem is that makes it sound like the decision to like or hate something has anything to do with what you like or don't.

    I'm not 100% sure how to soften that blow.

    and yet people seem so very interested in my opinion

    so much so that everyone seems to want to post responses to it

    It's because nobody wants to talk about how rad Angela's new hat is with me tbh.

    I mean look at this fucking hat also buy this book
    angela.jpg

    TransporterDedwrekkahailtothekaleHermanoUnbrokenEvaMoth 13Bear_thescondStiltsFCDCilla Black
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to make this point at all

    but it seems like people regular take a swing because I am so critical of Marvel's books these days

    and that's fair or whatever

    but the one book I actually like the look of

    you all are mad about?

    the fuck?

    The problem is that makes it sound like the decision to like or hate something has anything to do with what you like or don't.

    I'm not 100% sure how to soften that blow.

    and yet people seem so very interested in my opinion

    so much so that everyone seems to want to post responses to it

    That's them wanting to voice their opinions. Dude, you have to stop taking every disagreement personally.

    you made this here disagreement between us fucking personal yourself when you tried to pull a past argument you know I didn't want to go back to into it, twice

    so don't give me that rubbish

    Solar on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah hey I disagree with Solar's stance on this whole thing but yeah some people definitely got personal with him and that ain't cool

    CYpGAPn.png
    RainfallCururu
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Maybe in the next thread don't all jump on a guy because he said something that wasn't your favourite flavour milkshake

    ChincymcchillaRainfallGustavDevlin_DragonusNeoToma
This discussion has been closed.