As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Movies] This thread was punched into oblivion, post in the new one

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Sorry, jumping back a bit here, but is Poison Ivy really even bisexual? She doesn't seem to show interest in men as more than a means to an end. She uses her sexuality to entice and entrap men, where she gives them either mind control or poison kisses. She never seems to have any actual romantic interest in men.

In fact Harley Quinn seems to be the only human Ivy is romantically attracted to. Otherwise, she's all about plants and nature, humans be damned.

It doesn't matter now because of the reboot, but she did use Count Vertigo as her mind controlled plaything during their run on Suicide Squad in the 80's that always implied other things. And she always had a thing for Batman too, like he was the only good human for her. It kinda reminded me of Maxima and Superman.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    OK, those are good examples I didn't know about. I just figured she only liked guys, as you said, as her playthings. I guess no woman in the DC Universe can resist the Batman's charms. Well, except maybe Batwoman.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cokomon wrote: »
    OK, those are good examples I didn't know about. I just figured she only liked guys, as you said, as her playthings. I guess no woman in the DC Universe can resist the Batman's charms. Well, except maybe Batwoman.

Yeah, but even if she weren't gay he and Kate are cousins, IIRC, so it'd be weird.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    That's also something I didn't realize. I didn't know the Kanes and the Waynes were related.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest: I'm looking forward to a new batman movie about as much as I am to finding a bat in my living room.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Gonna be honest: I'm looking forward to a new batman movie about as much as I am to finding a bat in my living room.

Well, you never know when you'll need your trusty Louisville Slugger...

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Wait.

Do you have a bat fetish? Because this colors the implications of your statement.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Yeah, that is pretty annoying since you normally find them in the batroom.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Wait.

Justice League DARK

Is this basically where people listen to a radio show in front of a big blank screen for two hours?

The sequel, Justice League After Dark, will have Batman making sex jokes and The Flash living up to his name

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    i'm really surprised at WB, i guess calling it Justice League Grim Dark was too much even for them...

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    "Sure, Affleck, you can make the next Batman film, no prob. By the way, the Batman movie you were in bombed so badly that we've decided to shelve the DC brand comepletely, because nobody even likes superheroes anymore."

"...but all the Avenger stuff-"

"NOBODY LIKES SUPERHEROES ANYMORE GO HOME!"

It's kind of like EA being upset about the lackluster response to Sim City that they responded with "No one wants city builders anymore." No, couldn't be their shitty decisions that did that one in.

Then a couple of years later, someone launches Cities Skylines and sells millions of copies.

Pretty similar to the DC/Marvel dichotomy.

Except Cities Skylines would have already existed and Maxis is flailing around about Sim City after the fact.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    "Sure, Affleck, you can make the next Batman film, no prob. By the way, the Batman movie you were in bombed so badly that we've decided to shelve the DC brand comepletely, because nobody even likes superheroes anymore."

"...but all the Avenger stuff-"

"NOBODY LIKES SUPERHEROES ANYMORE GO HOME!"

It's kind of like EA being upset about the lackluster response to Sim City that they responded with "No one wants city builders anymore." No, couldn't be their shitty decisions that did that one in.

Then a couple of years later, someone launches Cities Skylines and sells millions of copies.

Pretty similar to the DC/Marvel dichotomy.

Except Cities Skylines would have already existed and Maxis is flailing around about Sim City after the fact.

I take it that this means someone will sell a millions copies of a Unity powered Diefledermaus game next year?

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

A bat! That's it! It's an omen... You shall become a BAT!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

don't be silly, we all know it doesn't work like that.

we have to kill Gaddez's parents first then put the bat in his living room.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

don't be silly, we all know it doesn't work like that.

we have to kill Gaddez's parents first then put the bat in his living room.

Does he fear the bat or is it just a mild annoyance? "MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAD! And there's a fucking bat in my living room..."

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Wait.

Justice League DARK

Is this basically where people listen to a radio show in front of a big blank screen for two hours?

It's a movie Guillermo del Toro wants to make, it's never going to happen. They really should retitle it Shadowpact and make it a CW series in the Arrow-verse.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Wait.

Justice League DARK

I just hope they name the sequel "Justice League After Dark".

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

He could become a living room... I mean, it could go either way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Get the word "sofa" tattooed on his forehead.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Wait.

Justice League DARK

It's a movie Guillermo del Toro wants to make, it's never going to happen. They really should retitle it Shadowpact and make it a CW series in the Arrow-verse.

Hate to be that guy, but history has shown that Guillermo Del Toro never, ever, ever gets to adapt other people's stuff.

Except for the times when he gets to make Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Wait.

Justice League DARK

Hate to be that guy, but history has shown that Guillermo Del Toro never, ever, ever gets to adapt other people's stuff.

Except for the times when he gets to make Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy.

I really wanted to see Guillermo del Toro's The Hobbit.

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    News that Affleck would be directing a standalone Batman film is very exciting. Guy is a legit great director and hasn't made a bad film since Gone Baby Gone. He also has enough status that I think chances of DC execs interfering and fucking it up are relatively slim.

Butcher on
  • Options
    https://gma.yahoo.com/suicide-squad-dark-actors-therapist-set-142634750--abc-news-celebrities.html

So dark... so real...

The edge is cutting their very sanity!!11111oneeleven.

• Options
    This trainwreck is moving so slowly it's like that one scene in austin powers where the security guard just stands in the way of the slow moving steam roller.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    https://gma.yahoo.com/suicide-squad-dark-actors-therapist-set-142634750--abc-news-celebrities.html

So dark... so real...

Also the fact that Ayer seems to be willing to mentally damage his cast is kind of... I dunno, stupidly terrifying?

"To get the best performance, we literally need to torture our guys. But that's okay! We have a life coach on standby."

Even though this is more than likely a publicity stunt, the fact that someone out there somewhere thought this was a good idea is gross.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options

So dark... so real...

Also the fact that Ayer seems to be willing to mentally damage his cast is kind of... I dunno, stupidly terrifying?

"To get the best performance, we literally need to torture our guys. But that's okay! We have a life coach on standby."

Even though this is more than likely a publicity stunt, the fact that someone out there somewhere thought this was a good idea is gross.

"This joker is even more grimdarky than the previous one!"

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    This trainwreck is moving so slowly it's like that one scene in austin powers where the security guard just stands in the way of the slow moving steam roller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFpyqgJ4JEo

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That seems to be a thinly veiled allusion to Heath Ledger's death. And that's gross. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular

So dark... so real...

"This joker is even more grimdarky than the previous one!"

Nothing bad ever happened to someone playing the joker who tried to condition themselves for the ro-

Oh.

Ohhhhhh

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, so much for my hopes that this one would be kinda fun.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    It's official, DC is actively trying to make a real life rogue's gallery of villains.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    To play devil's advocate, the last time they had a Joker he kinda killed himself.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Didn't Ledger die on accident due to a drug interaction? I mean I know the whole mythos is that it was because his joker was so dark, but wasn't his death ruled accidental?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    An Olsen twin killed him because he reminded her of that one boy who was Stephanie's date in the final season but didn't show up and then Danny Tanner yelled at the kid and Stephanie was embarrassed.

If that's not true then it was just an accidental overdose, he drank and took the wrong pills or wasn't aware of a reaction.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

They do the opposite of what Marvel does. They have to be allergic to money.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    ...the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescribed medications...
    (from wikipedia)

He mixed drugs to get to sleep. He told his friends that he couldn't sleep after his roles in I'm Not There and The Dark Knight. Then he got sick and mixed drugs to get past that... mixed drugs + mixed drugs.

I'm not saying he intentionally committed suicide, but he did kill himself if even accidentally. I don't think that having an on-set psychologist to help folk get through rough shoots or simply monitor folk known for abusing substances is necessarily a bad thing.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

They do the opposite of what Marvel does. They have to be allergic to money.
    They insisted that it wasn't going to be like The Avengers. I'm sure I can find a quote.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ...the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescribed medications...
    (from wikipedia)

He mixed drugs to get to sleep. He told his friends that he couldn't sleep after his roles in I'm Not There and The Dark Knight. Then he got sick and mixed drugs to get past that... mixed drugs + mixed drugs.

I'm not saying he intentionally committed suicide, but he did kill himself if even accidentally. I don't think that having an on-set psychologist to help folk get through rough shoots or simply monitor folk known for abusing substances is necessarily a bad thing.

It's not.

But you know it's just to drum up that grimdark publicity they think exists.

Because this joker is totally darker than Ledgers dontchaknow.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    To be fair it was an actor who leaked that (the guy who is apparently playing the entire band Slipknot), and it can be hard to keep actors from leaking silly things. So it doesn't seem like they're trying to shout it from the rafters.

Though it DOES indicate that the studio still thinks darkness is awesome, and will shoehorn it into a flick that also has happy Harley and Pimp Cowboy Deadshot. This flick is sounding like a mess.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I hope Affleck's Batman does something cool like Court of Owls and ends up being one of the better DC movies.