As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's OK. Wendy's nugs are the best nugs anyway.

jgeisDaMoonRulzJaven
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

And I can get 20 for 6 bucks! 20 worse nuggets at McDonald's is like $10 or something, and they're smaller, and they're worse. It's like someone forgot to check out the competition and priced their own shit out of orbit.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I ate chicken fries for the first time last night

and was thoroughly underwhelmed.

But I'm willing to admit that was probably situational, since they tasted old and stale and dry and slightly warm at best and I'm pretty sure they'd just been sitting out waiting for someone to order them for 15 minutes. Also I was offered no kind of dipping sauce.

I'll give em another try and make sure I get fresh ones.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

But I'm willing to admit that was probably situational, since they tasted old and stale and dry and slightly warm at best and I'm pretty sure they'd just been sitting out waiting for someone to order them for 15 minutes. Also I was offered no kind of dipping sauce.

Man what the hell? That sucks.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

BlankZoeturtleantKaplar
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I get the feeling the folks working in this BK felt pretty entrenched. What is the usual chicken fry dipping sauce?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I get the feeling the folks working in this BK felt pretty entrenched. What is the usual chicken fry dipping sauce?

I like the BK honey mustard. Tastes vary obviously.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    @#pipe do they offer the Fiery Chicken Fries in Canada? They just started offering them here, and while they aren't particularly spicy I do think they're seasoned better than the regular Chicken Fries. Had some earlier in the week, used ranch dressing as my dipping sauce.

Nah, regular chicken fries only happened I think for the first time like 2 months ago. They wouldn't come out with a variation so soon.

also I have no interest in anything labeled "spicy" of any kind. I don't like feeling pain when I eat.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I finally tried all four of Lay's competing flavors

Final Rankings:

New York Reuben
    Greektown Gyro
    West Coast Truffle Fries
    Not having any chips at all
    Biscuits and Gravy

builderr0r
  • builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Dear bad food thread,

I would like a corn dog and cheese fries.

Hungrily,
    builderr0r

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Food I've never tried but really want to:
    Chicken and waffles with some kind of jalapeño syrup.

Why have I never had this? I live in the south for christ's sake.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The combination of fried chicken and waffles just baffle me. I don't understand how those two go together. What's the appeal, what are the complementary flavours, fucking chicken and waffles, man, how do they work?

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

Not exactly what you're looking for, but these look ridiculous.

Fully Loaded Mexican Fried Chicken With Green Chili–Corn Waffles

David_T wrote: »
    The combination of fried chicken and waffles just baffle me. I don't understand how those two go together. What's the appeal, what are the complementary flavours, fucking chicken and waffles, man, how do they work?

The waffles are crispy and airey and hold up to the grease and syrup, they're a good starch support for the chicken

and syrup tastes real good on fried chicken, just like it tastes good on bacon and sausage. It's an earthy sweetness, similar to honey based meat glazes.

People who've never tried it tend to be spooked by syrup on meat, but don't have the same problem with honey soy chicken or honey glazed ham.

David_TNija
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I've gotten them twice and they were like you described both times. I think that's just what chicken fries are like. Which isn't surprising. Popcorn chicken is also terrible. Chicken gets more delicious the meatier it is.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    TheCanManKaplarNaphtali
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »

Not exactly what you're looking for, but these look ridiculous.

Fully Loaded Mexican Fried Chicken With Green Chili–Corn Waffles

Yeah I'd try that.

I've gotten them twice and they were like you described both times. I think that's just what chicken fries are like. Which isn't surprising. Popcorn chicken is also terrible. Chicken gets more delicious the meatier it is.

This talk about chicken reminds me of when I worked at this place called Raising Canes. Fried chicken joint. The chicken usually came in chicken finger sizes but this one time. Whoever shipped it out accidentally put one of the hugest chicken breasts I've seen. Asked my manager what he wanted me to do with it and he said to put it in the discard bin with the pieces that had been out too long so it could be weighed and counted as a loss. I decided no fuck that, covered it in flour, deep fried it, and had the biggest juiciest freeist chicken sandwich of my life.

TheCanManMego ThorSorce
    I actually disagree with that general statement.

I like popcorn chicken and chicken tenders and nuggets.

builderr0rDyvim TvarSpoit

I'll agree that they're good, but the chicken to batter ratio is the worst with popcorn chicken.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Of those, what's the best though? I maintain its tenders because come on:

ChickenTenders-1024x682.jpg

thickness translates directly to goodness when it comes to fried chicken

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    KaplarTheCanManButler For Life #1
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I really wanna try Raising Cane's but don't want to drive all the way to Columbus.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I really wanna try Raising Cane's but don't want to drive all the way to Columbus.

Raising Cane's is ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

kyrcl.png
    captainkLibrarian's ghostKaplar
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    A Wendy's around here closed to get demolished and rebuilt in their new fancy style and reopened last week. I went there for dinner yesterday and not only did they manage to mess up my wife's order twice, we noticed one of the ketchup dispensers had a fruit fly infestation (little baby flies, not full sized ones). After talking with the manager (got my wife's meal comped and alerted him to the problem) it turns out 100% of the workers there are new since the people who worked there before the revamp all moved on and he's having a hell of a time dealing with it all. I'm going to wait a few months at the very least before I go back in the hopes they get their shit together.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    A Wendy's around here closed to get demolished and rebuilt in their new fancy style and reopened last week. I went there for dinner yesterday and not only did they manage to mess up my wife's order twice, we noticed one of the ketchup dispensers had a fruit fly infestation (little baby flies, not full sized ones). After talking with the manager (got my wife's meal comped and alerted him to the problem) it turns out 100% of the workers there are new since the people who worked there before the revamp all moved on and he's having a hell of a time dealing with it all. I'm going to wait a few months at the very least before I go back in the hopes they get their shit together.

WTF

kyrcl.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @#pipe The zesty onion sauce pairs nicely with the chicken fries!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    Dear bad food thread,

I would like a corn dog and cheese fries.

Hungrily,
    builderr0r

Check your email.

builderr0rNijaDonovan Puppyfucker
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

WTF

Yeah that's bad. Around here they did a bunch of them, but they did them all one at a time and basically, like, shifted the workers around. So everybody got hit a little for like a year but by the end of the year there were 6 brand new buildings all over the city and I think their turnover in that year was statistically average.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Raising Cane's is ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I've found Cane's to be super mediocre, which I think is actually very bad since they only have the one main food item. If you only have one item then it better be fucking amazing! Instead it is just very bland.

Mego Thor
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular

Of those, what's the best though? I maintain its tenders because come on:

ChickenTenders-1024x682.jpg

thickness translates directly to goodness when it comes to fried chicken

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I'm getting something similar to this tonight now.

But it will probably be a laughable imitation.

• NijaNija Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

And I can get 20 for 6 bucks! 20 worse nuggets at McDonald's is like $10 or something, and they're smaller, and they're worse. It's like someone forgot to check out the competition and priced their own shit out of orbit.
    I bought 50 McNuggets and a large fry last night for ~$13.50.

They are not very good microwaved, but fuck it 50 Nuggets.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
    builderr0r
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have gotten the 50 McNugget deal before and eaten two boxes then the next day ate the others cold.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I would definitely eat a mcwhopper

special sauce on BK's strictly superior meat and veggies?

hell yes

#pipejgeisBlankZoe
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    chicken fries are bullshit

or some places know some secret to make them actually good and other franchises don't give a fuck

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    TheCanMan
  • NijaNija Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I have gotten the 50 McNugget deal before and eaten two boxes then the next day ate the others cold.
    20 and the fries last night. 30 today at lunch.

I don't think I could swallow them cold.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    i have left over chili

do I want chili dogs or chili with tortilla chips and sour cream

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Chili on tots

Kaplar
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    chromdom wrote: »
    Chili on tots

I am literally eating this right now. It's pretty much my last opportunity to grab something from the local burger joint before I move out, so why not go big?

Got a double cheeseburger and an order of their nacho tots.

jgeis on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    i have left over chili

do I want chili dogs or chili with tortilla chips and sour cream

Cut up hot dogs.

Make hot dog chili nachos.

builderr0r
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Today I ate fried chicken dipped in Papa John's garlic butter sauce
    It's me
    I'm food satan