As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP Christopher Lee

13»

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Goddamn this is a handsome motherfucker.

ChristopherLee6.jpg

I mean, james bond is literally based, at least in part, on him

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Christopher Lee is the man we should all strive to be even though we'll all fall horribly short.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

ChristopherLee6.jpg

ian fleming was a naval intelligence officer who compiled James Bond out of all the spies he was personally acquainted with

I do not think christopher lee was one of them and can't find any documents or statements from Fleming to that effect but even if it's true he'd only be one of about a dozen men who provided the inspiration

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

ChristopherLee6.jpg

The man had 93 years of being inexcusably handsome under his belt. And now, he's finally cleared the way for others to come close and yet still fall short of his alarming good looks.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Like seriously the fact that he was so handsome for so long lends credence to him being cast in several films as an ageless vampire with entrancing good looks. He was like an actually photogenic Kenneth Parcell, but with more Nazi stabbing.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

ChristopherLee6.jpg

ian fleming was a naval intelligence officer who compiled James Bond out of all the spies he was personally acquainted with

I do not think christopher lee was one of them and can't find any documents or statements from Fleming to that effect but even if it's true he'd only be one of about a dozen men who provided the inspiration

itt Shorty gets haunted by Christopher Lee

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I feel like his refusal to speak openly about his service in WW2 is a strong indicator that he killed a fuckton of Nazis

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I assume he killed all of the nazis.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I feel like his refusal to speak openly about his service in WW2 is a strong indicator that he killed a fuckton of Nazis

And how could they say no to a face and voice like his?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Wolfenstein is actually a toned down retelling of his service in the war

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    He wouldn’t have told them anyway.

When pressed by an eager interviewer on his SAS past, he leaned forward and whispered: “Can you keep a secret?”

“Yes!” the interviewer replied, breathless with excitement.

“So can I.” replied a smiling Lee, sitting back in his chair.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

ChristopherLee6.jpg

They were cousins.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Christopher Lee, Terry Pratchett, Leonard Nimoy...

It's a tough year for icons.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "People sometimes come up to me and they say, 'I've seen all your films, Mr Lee,' and I say, 'Oh no you haven't'."

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "People sometimes come up to me and they say, 'I've seen all your films, Mr Lee,' and I say, 'Oh no you haven't'."

owned

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I checked to see if he had been on Inside the Actor's Studio and he was not. Anyone know of a similar thing to that he may have done that I can watch?

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I will always remember Christopher Lee as King Haggard from The Last Unicorn.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I will always remember Christopher Lee as King Haggard from The Last Unicorn.

"I KNEW YOU WERE THE LAAAAAAAST"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    http://io9.com/22-incredible-facts-about-the-life-and-career-of-sir-ch-1710917366
    While filming a swordfight with a drunken Errol Flynn during the filming of The Dark Avengers in 1955, Flynn accidentally cut Lee’s hand so badly his finger nearly came off, and permanently injured. Later, Lee cut off Flynn’s wig while Flynn was still wearing it. Flynn stormed off set and refused to come out of his trailer until Lee claimed it was an accident.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

ChristopherLee6.jpg

itt Shorty gets haunted by Christopher Lee

I'm sure there's some Nazi still alive and hiding out in south America who'd be more worth his time

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    http://io9.com/22-incredible-facts-about-the-life-and-career-of-sir-ch-1710917366
    While filming a swordfight with a drunken Errol Flynn during the filming of The Dark Avengers in 1955, Flynn accidentally cut Lee’s hand so badly his finger nearly came off, and permanently injured. Later, Lee cut off Flynn’s wig while Flynn was still wearing it. Flynn stormed off set and refused to come out of his trailer until Lee claimed it was an accident.
    14) In the ‘50s, Lee was engaged to Henriette von Rosen, daughter of Count Fritz von Rosen. The Count apparently didn’t like Lee, because after hiring private detectives to investigate the actor and demanding references, he also refused to allow his daughter to marry him unless Lee got the blessing of the King of Sweden. Lee got it.

good lord

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Literally the coolest guy ever.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The Man With the Golden Gun is not a very good movie but I'm gonna watch it anyway because Christopher Lee is worth it

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That secrets line is wonderful.

• Options
    Christopher Lee was the real most interesting man in the world.

• Options
    And I bet he didn't drink piss like Dos Equis