As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Endlessly Eloping Earwigs

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Bloodstained was already announced. There's your 2D Castlevania.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    time to bring this back

3mRPkYN.png

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FDPgvm2l0

I spent today installing signs 30 ft up and the sun washed away my physical and spiritual person into oblivion.
    What I'm trying to say is... Thank you so much for sharing Lock Down. It's still really good and brought a smile to my face!

VayBJ4e.png
    Sweeney Tommiscellaneousinsanity
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Ah, my favorite tradition

Getting my hopes up for a TWEWY sequel, then being disappointed

oh, you poor, poor soul

It's okay
    Nothing can hurt me, not after the iOS rerelease announcement

There is no more pain

You mean the iOS rerelease I wanted to buy for my new iPhone 6+ that they pulled from the App Store because it was literally broken and instead of fixing it they just made it go away and hoped no one would notice
    Yes indeed

That was just a horrible mess all around

I assume they didn't care enough to fix it because sales were sluggish

Which might have been because it cost TWENTY DANG DOLLARS.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I hadn't heard of this and now I am extremely hyped

Cilla Blackmiscellaneousinsanitydarunia106
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I would like there to be a decent 2d castlevania game announced

also Metroid

Square Enix was one thing but please tell me you don't think Konami's fine too

Konami is in fact fine, $536 million in net income 2010-2014. 2014 had a pretty sharp downturn but 2015 is tracking well for them. They just don't give a shit about games anymore.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I hadn't heard of this and now I am extremely hyped

Did you watch the video

It's so good

ShortyMidnitemasterofmetroiddarunia106
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

also Metroid

are you not aware of how money-making PES is

WeedLordVegetaRaijin Quickfoot
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah Konami got into the gambling market and has thrived, just like everyone does who gets into that business

Except dtrump

ShortyWeedLordVegetaCorporateLogoAndy JoeHacksaw
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

also Metroid

So money-making it's the only game post-MGSV they have left to release

Sweeney Tom on
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Which might have been because it cost TWENTY DANG DOLLARS.

Twewy for twenty, it makes perfect sense

like jehuty in 1080p

l3icwZV.png
    Butler For Life #1Speed RacerWeedLordVegetaPeewimasterofmetroidTransporter
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    For all your E3 anticipation needs just click my sig.

edited June 2015

also Metroid

yeah you're right that game that matches sales with Madden is completely irrelevant my bad

Shorty on
    edited June 2015

also Metroid

yeah you're right that game that matches sales with Madden is completely irrelevant my bad

Where did I say that? I'm saying they're fucking done with non-mobile games and it's obvious to everybody. Their gaming division by definition is not fine when there's only two titles set for the future and everything else is cancelled. How can that be explained away as fine even if it weren't losing money, which it is

Sweeney Tom on

also Metroid

Where did I say that? I'm saying they're fucking done with non-mobile games and it's obvious to everybody. Their gaming division by definition is not fine when there's only two titles set for the future and everything else is cancelled. How can that be explained away as fine even if it weren't losing money, which it is

oh shit, guess you should have said that from the start instead of stomping on my dick for no reason

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    No crackdown 3 this e3, God damnit. I want to know if it'll have destructible stuff, i don't understand how red faction had this awesomely fun mechanic and then no game ever used it again.

Also yay Shadow Warrior 2 out of nowhere!

Prohass wrote: »
    No crackdown 3 this e3, God damnit. I want to know if it'll have destructible stuff, i don't understand how red faction had this awesomely fun mechanic and then no game ever used it again.

Not a lot of people bought it and the company went out of business (not necessarily related to that, they had a lot more problems than "not able to sell much of 1 RF game"). I'd say some environments would be destructible, just don't expect it to be as fully destructible as in that RF.

Should still be a good game though. Both Crackdowns were (I loved the second one more)

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Like I get that the world is stupid and cruel so red faction itself didn't do well, but why did that tech or that idea go down with the game? Like it wasn't the most realistic tech, but it was so fun

WeedLordVegetamiscellaneousinsanityMagic Pink
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    time to bring this back

3mRPkYN.png

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FDPgvm2l0

I'll add mine to the mix also

fsokuGL.jpg

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    WeedLordVegetamiscellaneousinsanityRadiusmasterofmetroid
    Prohass wrote: »
    Like I get that the world is stupid and cruel so red faction itself didn't do well, but why did that tech or that idea go down with the game? Like it wasn't the most realistic tech, but it was so fun

It had a lot going against it: it was a unique idea in an already-niche series, and came at a time when everyone could tell the company didn't have a lot more years of life (or money) left in it. There were a lot of risks and it didn't get much reward, though it was a great game and probably my favorite in the series (I don't remember if it got the same reaction from the majority who played it).

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the greatest transgression was that they made its sequel an FPS and set it underground

uc3ufTB.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    the bloodstained protag has a sword and not a whip

so my interest is pretty much none

I want a god damn whip

KwoaruMagic Pink
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's weird but my biggest hope for E3 is Squeenix announcing DQ7/8 for 3ds coming out in the US

Whippyturtleant
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

I hope they announce a new Sonic game

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

GOTTA GO FAST

CelloTallahasseerielYukira
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    It's weird but my biggest hope for E3 is Squeenix announcing DQ7/8 for 3ds coming out in the US

Between this and almost exclusively playing 100+ hours of Monster Hunter 3 the past few months I don't know who I am anymore tbh

I want more people to experience the incredible grindy tedium of DQ7 so the rose tinted glasses will be lifted from their eyes finally

That game had some neat ideas but it's the worst class system I've ever used in a game

DQ8 is great, though. I reevaluate my position on it yearly. The fundamentals of the game are so rock solid and essentially perfect that I can't really fault it's relatively average storyline. In terms of basic, down-to-earth jrpg turn based combat, 8 might be the best there is.

Magic PinkMacro9
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

GOTTA GO FAST

See I like Sonic, he's like Mario but he has attitude!

If you idle too long on a stage he taps his foot impatiently!

CelloDevlin_Dragonus
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

They already did. It's a sequel to Sonic Boom.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    I want more people to experience the incredible grindy tedium of DQ7 so the rose tinted glasses will be lifted from their eyes finally

That game had some neat ideas but it's the worst class system I've ever used in a game

DQ8 is great, though. I reevaluate my position on it yearly. The fundamentals of the game are so rock solid and essentially perfect that I can't really fault it's relatively average storyline. In terms of basic, down-to-earth jrpg turn based combat, 8 might be the best there is.

Oh I've heard all about the grindiness of DQ7, believe me.

edited June 2015
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

I'm so sorry everyone; I meant it as a joke, not realizing Sega would think I meant I'd actually buy another game

I'll show myself out now that I've ruined E3 for all of us

Cello on
    Steam
    A Dabble Of TheloniusAbracadanielSpeed RacerOdinLord_AsmodeusSyphonBluemasterofmetroidDesert LeviathanJacques L'HommecB557Undead Scottsman
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I'd like to see the new Mass Effect. Some Battlefront. Scalebound would have been nice but that's not showing. A port of Persona 4 Golden? I'd love to play that game but I'm not buying a Vita for it.

What would really make my E3 though would be SNES and GBA games for the 3DS. C'mon Nintendo, I'm begging you to take my money here.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to see relic make some new game or other.

Preferably a space marine sequel. Maybe a new rts

GethElaroJacques L'Homme
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

I'm so sorry everyone; I meant it as a joke, not realizing Sega would think I meant I'd actually buy another game

I'll show myself out now that I've ruined E3 for all of us

Wear your badge of shame
    p9vu3xt2c91r.jpg

VeldrinCilla BlackOdinCelloFuzzytadpoleWeedLordVegetamiscellaneousinsanityRadiusMorivethYaYaSCREECH OF THE FARGJoolanderHermanoLord_AsmodeusSnicketysnickA Dabble Of TheloniusTheodore FlooseveltNaphtaliLanglymasterofmetroidNeveronDesert LeviathanAndy JoeDarth WaiterMetzger MeisterJacques L'HommeTrippyJingKwoarudarunia106AshcroftRomanian My EscutcheonEtchwartsHacksawSomestickguycB557Undead ScottsmanTransporterSnowglobeJimothy
    Holy shit

CelloLord_AsmodeusAndy JoeYukiraDarth WaiterEtiowsaMetzger MeisterJacques L'HommeTrippyJingdarunia106cB557Undead ScottsmanTransporter
    Holy shit

I uh

I kind of want that

It's me, I'm the monster

Steam
    WeedLordVegetaAbracadanielCilla BlackLasbrookVeldrinLord_AsmodeusDevlin_DragonusAndy JoeYukiraJacques L'HommeKwoaruEtchwartscB557
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I want to see relic make some new game or other.

Preferably a space marine sequel. Maybe a new rts

Don't hurt me, please. My heart.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'd like to see the new Mass Effect. Some Battlefront. Scalebound would have been nice but that's not showing. A port of Persona 4 Golden? I'd love to play that game but I'm not buying a Vita for it.

What would really make my E3 though would be SNES and GBA games for the 3DS. C'mon Nintendo, I'm begging you to take my money here.

They'll meet you half way and release SNES and 3DS games

For the WiiU.

Muddy Water
    edited June 2015
    E3?

oh boy oh boy oh boy

I laughed so hard when it was announced and for 3 hours it was trending on Twitter and most of the reactions were essentially "are you fucking kidding me"

Sweeney Tom on
    Cello
    Holy shit

I uh

I kind of want that

It's me, I'm the monster

Nah fuck that

You wear it and be proud

CelloKwoaruHellaJeffcB557
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular