As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - You’re Gonna Love It – Superman 64

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - You’re Gonna Love It – Superman 64

In this episode Jeff pulls out Superman 64 and shows Brian and Erik why it's one of the worst games ever.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    As horrible as this game is, there is a good (and by now very old) documentary on it. It is certainly docu-worthy. Just go look up Proton Jon's Let's Play Superman 64. He does the whole game, but also provides some entertaining commentary as well as details about the game and background.

Now onto this video. I don't believe that the game itself is a game as much as a torture device, and to thrust it upon people you call friends is akin to Brutus backstabbing Julius. Maybe it's time to evaluate that friendship. But at least the game crashed and there are exceedingly few games that are that caliber of suck, so, perhaps the worst is over.

Still not sure this series was a good idea, it may lead to an instance where games actually do cause violence. Looking forward to see what terrors you guys inflict upon each other later on. Have fun.

• Options
    jsoftcheckjsoftcheck Registered User regular
    I've been skeptical about the concept of this series from the first announcement. It could work, but only if the people playing are really funny or something about the fail state of the game is amusing to watch (like super monkey ball). Otherwise this will be as painful for the viewer as it is for the player.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I laughed quite a bit.

• Options
    sonicgarbagesonicgarbage Registered User regular
    I have to say that the video itself could have been laid out better. Clearly Superman 64 was not a widescreen game. So why did you guys stretch it out to be? Stick with the 4:3 ratio and align it to the left of the video. Then you can put video footage of the players on the right thus avoiding having to put them ON TOP of the game footage. And hey, maybe go the extra mile and shoot the players in 9:16 portrait?

I don't know, just a suggestion. Seems like the 4:3 games you guys are playing could be better laid out in your videos.

• Options
    CosmicMuffetCosmicMuffet Registered User regular
    I like the layout. Don't listen to the last guy.

• Options
    ImNotAnAthleteImNotAnAthlete Registered User regular
    You guys did FAR better than I did. I rented this game once and I don't think that I ever got through any more than 5 rings.
    As I was watching this I was thinking that back when this was being developed some poor soul had to test this. This game has absolutely nothing going for it. Terrible concept, terrible level design, terrible everything.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    As horrible as this game is, there is a good (and by now very old) documentary on it. It is certainly docu-worthy. Just go look up Proton Jon's Let's Play Superman 64. He does the whole game, but also provides some entertaining commentary as well as details about the game and background.
    Thanks for tipping me off to this. I watched about half of the Let's Play so far and it's pretty entertaining. For some reason it's interesting learning more about and seeing more of the content in that complete sham of a game.