As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cthulhu [chat]s

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    Oh wait, what am I saying my brain leapfrogged my freshman year of college

The fratellis
    Kaiser chiefs
    Mika
    Rodrigo y Gabriela

Organichu on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    The thing we ran into in our game was that the Shub-Niggurath player had a hell of a hard time.

The ability to spread quickly just didn't stack up against the other powers. He would spread, then be wiped out by each player in turn.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    scheck

i am doing a ketosis diet

that means no burgs

and no za

;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i've seen a number of bands

but my memory is too blasted to recall all of the shows.

or i'm lazy. one of the two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The thing we ran into in our game was that the Shub-Niggurath player had a hell of a hard time.

The ability to spread quickly just didn't stack up against the other powers. He would spread, then be wiped out by each player in turn.

We've only played once, but he seemed competitive. I was playing him, and I came a close second. But I imagine balance issues won't shake out until we play a lot, as Japan says.

• Options
    I only started going to concerts really in grad school. It's really fun, found a lot of my favorite bands from live stuff.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Is !!! a band, or is that just you being super-excited to start the list?

they're a band and pronounce the name as "chk chk chk"

i had never heard of them but a friend insist we go see them at a festival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bf5Py6W95Q

they have a super happy and high energy stage show and i loved it

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    scheck

i am doing a ketosis diet

that means no burgs

and no za

;-;
    The solution to both problems is the Meatza. This is actually a thing, and it's DELICIOUS. Brown some ground beef, line the bottom of a casserole dish with it, put a mix of Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses on top of it (tomato sauce if you are allowed to have SOME carbs), and bake for 15-20 minutes (I think). You'll probably want to add some pepperonis or sausage or mushrooms to it to make it more pizza-like, but it's so delicious.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    seriously, watch that video

dude was busting out carefree dance moves like that in front of 30,000 people

it was the most feel good thing ever

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Yeah, you guys may remember scheck posting about a friend of his who died around a year or so ago.

He was also a friend of mine (we all played WoW together), and at one point when he was on ventrilo with us, he said that his dad's girlfriend moved in and that she smoked indoors a huge amount and he was coughing a lot of the time. He eventually got lymphatic cancer (so maybe/maybe not related to the smoking), and although he survived that, the secondary effects of chemotherapy eventually killed him.

And I can't see how you wouldn't want to go back and try and do something about that. Like I knew perfectly well at the time that living in a house with an indoor smoker is pretty fatal. I could've said something; of course I know I'm not to blame for his death, but how can you not want to go back and alter something like that?

(there's a fair other number of people I could technically save armed with knowledge of how they die, but those would be more prophetic)

@Bethryn
    You don't know how much I sympathize

Spoilered for personal sob story/sappiness, and to be sensitive to someone who could possibly read this
    When I was about 17-18 I was dating a girl I'd been with for a little over a year who I was furiously in love with (in the way that 18-year-olds are). Her mother was a smoker, had been for most of her life. If I recall she had a couple health problems but there was never any sign of cancer. One morning, with absolutely no warning, her mother fell down the stairs, injured her head, and lost consciousness. My girlfriend was there when it happened, and was there at her side when the ambulance came. It ended up that her mother had developed lung cancer that had metastasized to her brain. Her mother never regained consciousness.

One of the most vivid memories I have is seeing my girlfriend again for the first time after it happened. She bawled into my chest and showed me where she still had her mother's blood under her fingernails. I remember my own mother coming into the room and sobbing with us. I have never before or since in my life seen someone so completely and utterly destroyed by an event, I have never so desperately wanted the ability to do absolutely anything to ease someone else's pain.

I'd have done anything simply to allow her to say goodbye to her mother while she could still respond.

I couldn't comprehend how something so innocuous and stupid as cigarettes could lead to such incredible suffering.

But, I suppose what I ended up realizing is that everybody dies. If not now, and here, with something you could've prevented, then later with something you couldn't have. You will lose everyone that matters to you, or they will lose you, and that's okay. There's no point in fearing something that is inevitable, whether you're scared or not it happens all the same. And no matter how perfectly you try to live your life, you will miss something, or make a mistake, and there will be pain. Preventing everything bad is not what matters in life, and for everything bad I can prevent and do, there will be something I cannot. What matters is cherishing every single moment you get to spend with the people you love and appreciating how much they really mean to you, and not lamenting those moments you won't get to spend together. The memories of joy you got to spend with people, those are yours forever, or at least until your memory goes. The truth is we control incredibly little about our lives, our only real power is to decide what we are going to do now, in this immediate moment. I can't always prevent the people that I love from suffering, but I can always love them.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

We've only played once, but he seemed competitive. I was playing him, and I came a close second. But I imagine balance issues won't shake out until we play a lot, as Japan says.

I do think part of that might have been that the player was a bit timid early on. It's definitely a game where you kind of look at the map and think "Risk" but it's not at all similar in terms of what it means to hold power.

I feel like he probably lost some opportunities to take the lead for a turn or two and use that to open up some powerful stuff in the spellbook.

Man though I was Cthulu and that "dive into the water and then reappear" thing was so fun. Just boooop see you assholes later oh THAT's where you're weakest blllloooorp hello.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Totes would go back and hang with my Dad more.

Totes.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Everyone. Stop the ketosis diets. I have important new information.

Bread is delicious.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Bread is delicious.

But so is meat

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's kind of a comfort that there's fuck all I could have done about my dad dying.

He was a doctor, he was gonna have a high risk of infection post-surgery. Sucked a lot, but if I could hop back in a time machine or whatever I probably would have just been like hey take a longer vacation cause bad news about retirement.

Really that's what I got out of him. Do shit, do it now. Not just like "do what you love", but do things you think you should do, because you have less time than you expect to do things. I think I've gotten better at doing that.

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

Bread is delicious.

But so is meat

And thus, burg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I just had a terrifying thought.

What if this reality.

is the result of me going back in time to fix a perceived problem.

and this terrible world is what I got.

i. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJiBq8CB8dY

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I've recently noticed I have a lot of old image files saved that are close to 10 years old, hold no special meaning or use, and haven't been used since I originally saved them.

Why haven't I deleted these?
    The 0.01% chance you will use them in the future?

I know, right? That's what my brain keeps telling itself.

"Hey, don't delete that 50x50 thumbnail of Homer Simpson. You never know when you'll need that again."

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Bread is delicious.
    Believe me, I know. :( I am on a low carb diet because I have to be, not because I want to lose weight. If it was just about losing weight, I'd exercise more and just eat the bread. The delicious, sweet, spongy wholesome bread. *drools*

It has led me to find some creative solutions to the "no bread and no sugar" thing. But I miss it. Rolls, bagels, muffins, all of that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    neely
    UNDO: SELF FUCKING CORPSES

Riemann you have impeccable taste.

(No seriously I swear whenever you post some random bit of internet I'm all 'oh hey it's that weird thing that I love'.)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I told the girl I would be down for playing smash with her and she gave me her nnid.

Friend zoned y/n?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I told the girl I would be down for playing smash with her and she gave me her nnid.

Friend zoned y/n?

I feel like you're never totally friend zoned with smash bros

Because there's so much opportunity for innuendo

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My Massive Chalice game is taking a turn for the weird, one family had a million hunter kids some who had really good traits, and it happened to be that 3 of those were the first to reach level 6, and when they died they left behind 3 relic weapons. Which are so good that it's going to be hard to not go all in on this family and have the remaining 170 years as a hunter party.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

Friend zoned y/n?

"I got something you can smash, brother"

"Check out this special move"

"You wanna see my favorite combo?"

"Let me show you my joystick technique"

"Lookit dem tittays on Samus"

"Hey let's strip down and bone"

"Where are you going?"

"Aw hell"

"It's just you and me again, pizza rolls"

• Options

Friend zoned y/n?

Look at this c-stick casual... whatever, I'll let him down smash me.

• Options
    anytime a girl messages me first on tinder, i just assume she is a bot

i am always genuinely surprised when they aren't

• Options
    I just read way too many conversations about the identity politics of cis lesbians using dildos

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

watchu got against fembots?

organo-racist

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Friend zoned y/n?

"I got something you can smash, brother"

"Check out this special move"

"You wanna see my favorite combo?"

"Let me show you my joystick technique"

"Lookit dem tittays on Samus"

"Hey let's strip down and bone"

"Where are you going?"

"Aw hell"

"It's just you and me again, pizza rolls"

*dusts hands off in satisfaction*

*dusts pizza roll crumbs off belly*

Works every time.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    N0WnSKy.jpg

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    N0WnSKy.jpg

You're married to a porpoise?

• Options
    How did you convince your brown wife to name your son graham

I want an inexplicably ethnic name for my first kid

• Options
    Yes our love crossed the boundaries of the animal kingdom

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

watchu got against fembots?

organo-racist

they usually just wanna have sex with me instead of having a nice conversation about mutual interests

• Options
    Why not inexplicably white for your ethnic kids

• Options
    @Sir Landshark

you're still using iOS 6?

the hell, man

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    @Sir Landshark

you're still using iOS 6?

the hell, man

Im not a part of your system

• Options
    Why not inexplicably white for your ethnic kids

Maybe your wife is not actually ethnic. Maybe no one is. It's impossible to be sure anymore.

This discussion has been closed.