As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So there's a third faction...where's it been hiding?

I would guess the Deep Core. Star Wars lore is that the Deep Core is very hazardous to travel, with Hyperspace routes changing all the time, making it impossible to create any kind of accurate map of the place. It would also allow the 3rd faction to strike the Republic capital with their first move and then move on to crush the Empire.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So there's a third faction...where's it been hiding?

Another galaxy? Wherever, really. The empire was 'elsewhere' before the initial events of TOR and they were strong enough to sack the republics capital

Yeah, it's a galaxy. The old Legends continuity (which TOR is a part of) states that during what might be called the Golden Age (which was the first few hundred years of the thousand years leading up to the prequels), there were a million worlds in the Republic.

Assume the Galaxy Far Far Away is the same size as our own. One liberal estimate posits there could be twenty billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way. There is ample space for an entire star empire to hide (which is how the whole storyline of TOR was set up to begin with).

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    That all being said, I have no idea why so many factions seem to be constantly competing for this section specifically, considering it includes such gems as hoth, tatooine and alderaan.

Javen on
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The studio that does their videos...Blur, is it? certainly know how to hype.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Well that cinematic did sort out who's who.

I suppose the Dark Prince is the kid in white that got jacked up.

And the other side is the kid in black/Daddy emperor side that may or may not be Vitatae/his master/something.

Didn't the kid in black die? If you look here, it looks like Arcann is the surviving brother and Valkorian, the emperor/dad.

Anyway, good to see BioWare using Star Wars to explore themes new not only to themselves but also the franchise. Weighty, novel directions that neither they nor Star Wars have ever covered before. I'm talking, of course, about... Daddy Issues.

Oh, wait...

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Wonder what the emperors force ghost...thing is doing, or is his story tied up in a raid, I'll admit I haven't been paying much attention since around the release of shadow of revan.
    The old emperor is still unalive and kicking. He eated Ziost and now no one knows where he is.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the transition from the old setting to the new. I'm hoping that they do things WoW-style, and start adding events in-game that are part of the story transition. Being TOR, though, it's more like that the first 9 chapters we get on Oct. 27 are all about disposing of the old plot, and we won't see any new plot till next year.

htm on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, this whole Fallen Empire thing seems like it's got some [really cool stuff, I just hope we don't time skip after it

Like, freeze/stasis us once we've fought to the last man, show us holding the line with our companions as they each fall one-by-one

Javen on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this whole Fallen Empire thing seems like it's got some [really cool stuff, I just hope we don't time skip after it

Like, freeze/stasis us once we've fought to the last man, show us holding the line with our companions as they each fall one-by-one

oh man, I'd love a Mass Effect 2 situation where everyone thinks we're dead, only for us to show up again and re-recruit all our old buddies.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Although, weren't the leaks earlier shown to have several notable characters make it though, like Lana? So the time jump doesn't seem like it's THAT bad, more like a mechanism that tells us 'why didn't we go down swinging?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That trailer is some dark shit.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

oh man, I'd love a Mass Effect 2 situation where everyone thinks we're dead, only for us to show up again and re-recruit all our old buddies.

As long as I don't have re-recruit Skadge.

But yeah, imagine the touching reunion scene between the Inquisitor and Khem Val. Really curious about what they're going to do with the old companions.

• Options
    That trailer is some dark shit.

Dark like Star Wars always has been!

The really dark stuff just gets overshadowed by the cutesy-ass bits.

Oh that and the PT bungling all the dark stuff so bad it became farcial.

• Options

I actually like them to take a hike, and have us go whole hog with the new roster. OR, better yet, we can recruit the character we WANT, while ditching the ones we don't.

• Options
    And yeah, it's definitely refreshing to see that they're kind of flexing their KOTOR muscles with this one

• Options
    New time-passed customizations for everyone that are the default face and skin tone but with like different hair and scars and cybernetics (because that's how you tell it's the future).

• Options
    htm wrote: »

As long as I don't have re-recruit Skadge.

But yeah, imagine the touching reunion scene between the Inquisitor and Khem Val. Really curious about what they're going to do with the old companions.

Well lets see.

They have to save Blizz, Risha, Guss, and T-7 more or less as is. Mako and Vette grew up in the interim and return as more hardened, less doe-eyed versions of themselves.

Everyone else died in a shootout.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "My master."
    "MY MONSTER!"
    "Enough of this reunion. I hunger to devour your enemies."

• Options
    I'm just joking, of course.

Obviously Kaliyo shows up at some point when you least expect her.

"Hey, agent."

All blase and shit.

Everyone else though really died in a shootout. Notice that all the consular companions and all of the apprentice companions died in the shootout. This is intentional.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'd like the choice to re-recruit everyone, but also the choice to tell them to fuck off.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I'd like the choice to re-recruit everyone, but also the choice to tell them to fuck off.

And/or for some of them to have died, or even for you to kill them.

• Options
    They should just flat out kill Quinn. The 4 people who actually honestly forgave him can DWI.

• Options
    They should just flat out kill Quinn. The 4 people who actually honestly forgave him can DWI.

If they kill off anyone who is romancible that would be dumb. You can deal with my husbando surviving, thanks.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options

If they kill off anyone who is romancible that would be dumb. You can deal with my husbando surviving, thanks.

You have tragic taste in husbando

• Options
    I'm probably biased by the fact that since all the companion romances were heterosexual, I'm not especially attached to any of them. Some of them were fun but eh.

• Options
    You must admit, Quinn does have one of the funniest Companion Conversation cutscenes in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Ztxodmo0o

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    The idea that SWTOR's story focus could be coming back in a big way is exciting. All of this outlander seems to be meshing the story into one package though, even removing the bipolar Republic/Imperial sides. I mean, obviously its way too early to tell. I guess as long as it's good 1 continuous story is better than 8 amazing but abandoned ones. I really want to come back to this game in a big way, but I think I'm going to sit on the fence until we see what these chapters turn out to contain.

Cautiously optimistic.

(and yeah, I'd love to see Quinn's grave, hear of Corso's accidental airlock 'defenestration', and Skadge....well. Skadge can be alive so long as I can rewrite ever picking him up from the hell-hole I hope he's forever trapped in. I should hate him but really I just never wanted anything to do with him).

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    I'm probably biased by the fact that since all the companion romances were heterosexual, I'm not especially attached to any of them. Some of them were fun but eh.

And in that light, it's surprising that Lana seems to be a companion but there's no mention of Theron.

• Options
    I was thinking actually thinking about this yesterday, and aside from the Agent, the Smuggler, and the Bounty Hunter...there should be casualties. I can see some Agents keeping a low enough profile and staying away from the direct fighting, and a non-Mandalorian, non-loyalist Hunter getting contracted to take out high-level bad guys but otherwise sitting things out (or even getting paid by the bad guys to sit things out entirely after a few encounters with one of the few non-Force-sensitives bad enough to take a Darth out one-on-one), and the Smuggler just, y'know, not fighting at all except when punching through a blockade.

But the Knight, the Consular, the Trooper, the Warrior, and maybe even the Inquisitor are the best of the best, the last best hopes, and they should be on the front lines. And assuming they all make it out (big assumption), some of their people would probably die as a result.

Hmm, now I have to start speculating what companion characters would best serve the story by dying.

And this is all assuming they don't add the option to the class stories to let the characters die or be killed to begin with.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    You must admit, Quinn does have one of the funniest Companion Conversation cutscenes in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Ztxodmo0o

(At the risk of being a total wet blanket I'm just going to throw out that mental illness/dementia isn't necessarily a universal humor)

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, and I do mean that.

• Options
    No problem, Fong. And believe me, the Moff's situation hits a little close to home. It's just that unless a scene is trying to be purposefully offensive or distasteful, I usually focus on the humor it's trying to present first.

• Options
    On a completely different subject, I was just reminded why I (and everyone else) love HK. In his companion quest dialog:

"Disclaimer: The incomprehensibility of your statement in no way validates it, master."

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I want to throw Corso out an airlock.

488W936.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    My grandmother was in the bonus stages of alzheimer's when she died, but that bit didn't make me feel bad.

She also didn't have people executed while trying to remember where she lived.

• Options
    Astale wrote: »
    My grandmother was in the bonus stages of alzheimer's when she died, but that bit didn't make me feel bad.

She also didn't have people executed while trying to remember where she lived.

It didn't make me feel bad either. But it didn't make me chuckle either. I just said it's not universal humor, I didn't say it was wildly offensive or left me sobbing in my cheerios. :-p

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    However many years later, and I'm still salty they didn't let me kill Quinn.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I want to throw Corso out an airlock.

So far, my favourite Corso Moment™ was when I was using my ship's holo-terminal, in an otherwise empty room, to talk to Darmas Pollaran. I hit the flirt option and then suddenly Corso is at the door "defending my honour".

It was ridiculous.

• Options
    Unless you only play one gender character, Smuggler would be my #1 suggestion for going male for people who are otherwise inclined to play female characters.

The dudesmuggler voice is a lot better than the femsmuggler, and as far as romance goes well, Risha or Corso. That's not much of a contest.

This discussion has been closed.