As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Echo wrote: »
    Is this outfit something that's somewhat easily obtainable? I was always annoyed at Jedi Shadows having to fight in dresses and weird hats, I want something a bit more practical-looking.

90t4nembcjz1.jpg

The chest is a dyed version of the Jori Daragon armor:

swtor-jori-daragons-armor-set-wingman-dogfighters-starfighter-pack.jpg

That armor set came in the Wingman’s Starfighter and Dogfighter’s Starfighter Packs, which I'm pretty sure are no longer available in the Cartel Market. I'd have to look in the GTN to see what they sell for.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Haha, someone else discovered the Elsa outfit!

(I've been rocking this outfit on my main for awhile now, which unfortunately is NOT named Elsa):

Elsa-front.jpg?zoom=2&resize=495%2C527

Orca on
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Personally, I'm a fan of the Speedsuit(Especially with the Vectron speeder). But yeah, it's not very Jedi-y. Suits the Smuggler and Agent a lot more.

Managed to get all 6 pieces for under 100k each(someone had the pants up for around 20k). But now it's unlocked in my collection so I can grab it on any character or for any companion.

Torso Riggs and Captain Mow'mow just hangin' around:
    xGqOIcm.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I wish I'd grabbed the speedsuit back when it was affordable. But I had the concealed bodysuit and figured "ehhh...close enough".

It's not really close enough!

Orca on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It would be nice if Assassins/Shadows had at least an option of pants for reward choices.

• Options
    The outfit designer sidesteps that issue nicely. It's a wonderful addition to the game.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    In unrelated news:

I wish this game had better anti-aliasing options. Even on the highest setting its all jaggies all the time. Unless there's some external setting I can use to fix it.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    In unrelated news:

I wish this game had better anti-aliasing options. Even on the highest setting its all jaggies all the time. Unless there's some external setting I can use to fix it.

I wouldn't use the in-game anti-aliasing options. For most games the engines do a much poorer job than if you use the settings in your video card's options.

253J736.png
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Jesus this Jedi Knight campaign is boring as hell. Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Trooper had way more to offer, at least character wise. The JK couldn't sound more earnest and saccharine. Seriously, she sounds exactly like some of the toys my two year old loves to play with. Even when I'm being evil.

I'm considering abandoning the JK and Consular and just rolling the Agent for my last play through, and only picking the game up for the next update. Does chapter two get any better or am I wasting my time?

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Sounds like you'll enjoy the agent storyline and female character, especially if you're being evil.

• Options
    Jesus this Jedi Knight campaign is boring as hell. Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Trooper had way more to offer, at least character wise. The JK couldn't sound more earnest and saccharine. Seriously, she sounds exactly like some of the toys my two year old loves to play with. Even when I'm being evil.

I'm considering abandoning the JK and Consular and just rolling the Agent for my last play through, and only picking the game up for the next update. Does chapter two get any better or am I wasting my time?

It never really gets any better. If you can't take it, I'd say skip both the Knight and the Consular.

Agent is a lot of fun, and so is Smuggler if you haven't had a chance to play it.

I'm having mixed feelings about the Sith Warrior (I hit level 30 today). You can be evil, but unlike the Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter, it actually feels bad sometimes! I'm not laughing my head off at how evil I can be, which takes the fun out of it.

Still more interesting than the Consular of course.

• Options
    I've played everything but Agent, JK and Consular. So far every class has had redeeming points. JK has exactly none. I might finish it because it ties into what the Emperor is doing. It's just really sad when a companion has more personality than the PC. I actually found myself wishing I was playing as Kira instead because she actually seems interesting.

It's hard to believe that Bioware wrote this storyline.

• Options
    Hutta Bounty Hunter spoilers:
    On Hutta, after you behead the accountant for Nemro the Hutt and present the accountant's head to his horror-stricken wife, you run into Nails.

It is here you can do the "one." "two." "three." thing. A nice callback to KOTOR as a bounty hunter.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    On Hutta, after you behead the accountant for Nemro the Hutt and present the accountant's head to his horror-stricken wife, you run into Nails.

It is here you can do the "one." "two." "three." thing. A nice callback to KOTOR as a bounty hunter.
    You could have faked it, you know. The accountant will crash Fathra's accounts and give you some spare cash from them before he does. The wife still runs and Nemro dumb enough to think it's because of a decapitated head.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I've played everything but Agent, JK and Consular. So far every class has had redeeming points. JK has exactly none. I might finish it because it ties into what the Emperor is doing. It's just really sad when a companion has more personality than the PC. I actually found myself wishing I was playing as Kira instead because she actually seems interesting.

It's hard to believe that Bioware wrote this storyline.

The voice actor for the male JK is worse. And somehow they got that comatose performance out of the same guy who voices Solid Snake.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

You could have faked it, you know. The accountant will crash Fathra's accounts and give you some spare cash from them before he does. The wife still runs and Nemro dumb enough to think it's because of a decapitated head.
    Why would I want to fake it when I can be a complete monster?!!!!

• Options
    I went light side with my bounty hunter and still felt like a badass.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    BH is better when you mix up dark and light. Paladin BH is kind of dumb, you subvert nearly every contract why do you even want this job? Pure evil BH is dumb in the way that pure evil everything is in this game.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I got a full gear set for my Smuggler, but I don't know how to equip it without replacing my working gear.

Could anyone tell me if you can equip a set for looks, or do they expect you to equip it while just walking around your ship with it on for kicks?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    I got a full gear set for my Smuggler, but I don't know how to equip it without replacing my working gear.

Could anyone tell me if you can equip a set for looks, or do they expect you to equip it while just walking around your ship with it on for kicks?

On the character tab "c", you'll see a row of numbers running down the right side. Each of those is an appearance design slot. You get some number for free (1?) and the rest you need to either pay cartel coins for (120 per) or purchase on GTN (like all unlocks, look for the "account" version).
    1. Click the appearance design slot. It'll probably be empty and just show what you have equipped right now.
    2. Equip each of the items you want to show when you activate that slot. For your purposes, put on everything.
    3. There's a commit button somewhere on there. Make sure you have enough money, then press commit. While you're committing, it gives you the option to apply the appearance immediately.
    4. Tada! you now look different than the gear you equip for stats. Any empty slots in the appearance designer will use whatever you have equipped, so if you want to avoid that, you'll want to get your hands on some Covert Energy Armor of the appropriate slot.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Any Imps on Shadowlands want to run Czerka Corporate Labs with me? I have never done it before lol.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Oh Dorne...only you could be excited by new regulatory paperwork.

• Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Any Imps on Shadowlands want to run Czerka Corporate Labs with me? I have never done it before lol.

I can help out if you'd like.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

I can help out if you'd like.

Yay! My character name is Aly and I am online right now if you have time.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    After all these years, I finally got HK-51 about a week or so ago. Hearsay has it that he has the highest DPS of all the companions, but... hearsay is often wrong, so I googled a bit and found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/2cg0ff/when_overgearedduo_which_companion_hk/

So reddit says that HK is decent, but that the melee DPS companions are all better. I decided to see if that's right. I have a fresh 60 Operative who pretty much only has quest drop gear. I've been running the Oricron daily with her and HK-51. Soloing the elites is doable, but it's usually a close call. So last night, I took Vector instead of HK. And... there was an obvious difference. I had a much easier time killing the two elites with Vector out than with HK. I have both of them in Devoted Allies gear.

So... if you want to power through dailies a bit faster, bring out your melee DPS companions (and put them in their DoT stance). They seem to have both the highest single target DPS and the most AoE DPS, too.

• Options

I love Dorne as a character. She weaponizes bureaucracy during her personal storyline.

• Options
    htm wrote: »
    <snipped experience, etc.>

So... if you want to power through dailies a bit faster, bring out your melee DPS companions (and put them in their DoT stance). They seem to have both the highest single target DPS and the most AoE DPS, too.

Is this for a heal-spec or for DPS? In general it feels like I can move faster when I'm running around as DPS with a healer companion, but that may simply be due to the lack of downtime. I haven't made a concerted effort to time and test it.

• Options
    Also, is it possible to take screenshots during cutscenes, or do I need FRAPS or a similar utility to do that?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

I love Dorne as a character. She weaponizes bureaucracy during her personal storyline.

I like that as straightlaced as she is, she'll help you get away with murdering that one Imperial guy during the Taris trooper quests.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Gonna need Irfanview or FRAPS for cutscene screenshots. The game's screenshot ability isn't that great outside of cutscenes at any rate.

• Options
    I didn't realize Irfanview could do screenshots of something like this. Thanks.

• Options
    Thanks Owenashi for the assist!

So I was just thinking. I hope when the new xpac comes out my agent gets to keep her ship. Because that is the best ship hands down. I also assume we'll keep our strongholds because otherwise there would be some outrageously mad people out there.

Steam
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's just some new areas with some new story stuff. They aren't going to delete your existing anything.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    <snipped experience, etc.>

Is this for a heal-spec or for DPS? In general it feels like I can move faster when I'm running around as DPS with a healer companion, but that may simply be due to the lack of downtime. I haven't made a concerted effort to time and test it.

This was for DPS agent (backstab spec, not sniper). I haven't timed downtime because even on Yavin and Ziost, I don't really seem to have much at all and on Oricon, I barely take damage except from the various heroic elites (the big bot on CZ-198, the two elites on Oricon).

My shadow tank takes a bit more damage. But again, except for the heroic elites, I can't think of the last time her health went below 75%. Every four or five fights, I'll stop and meditate.

I think that if you have 192 gear (the blue quality drops from the Ziost story quests) and a DPS companion in the Devoted Allies gear (the Yavin weekly reward companion sets), then you should be able to steamroll most daily content with a DPS companion out. At least, that's what it feels like to me. I have four classes done + the Human presence bonus, so your mileage may vary if you're under 500 Presence. But for the current set of dailies, running a tank or heal companion seems like it's overly cautious. The Devoted Allies sets makes your companions pretty lethal.

• Options
    For those wanting to use Irfanview and other screenshot utilities (as opposed to, say, Fraps), you'll need to set the following:
    GRAPHICS->Full Screen Exclusive mode->Full screen (windowed)

That will let you capture more than a black screen.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I like how the Sith Warrior gets to act on Taris. My opponents keep trying to monologue and explain all of their plans and I just brush through it and ignore them.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I like how the Sith Warrior gets to act on Taris. My opponents keep trying to monologue and explain all of their plans and I just brush through it and ignore them.

I also think it exposes a flaw in Sith society. Plan Zero, that is.
    Sith are unable to mentally separate power from the person who holds it. They don't understand that if you kill half a dozen great generals, they will all be succeeded. Maybe their successors will be better at it, maybe they'll be worse. It's not like Sith society, where people are on top because they're strong enough to be there, and their successors aren't strong enough to force them out yet, so the Empire thinks that killing the War Trust will cripple the Republic when the war starts.

And they're wrong. They're so very, very wrong.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I also think it exposes a flaw in Sith society. Plan Zero, that is.
    Sith are unable to mentally separate power from the person who holds it. They don't understand that if you kill half a dozen great generals, they will all be succeeded. Maybe their successors will be better at it, maybe they'll be worse. It's not like Sith society, where people are on top because they're strong enough to be there, and their successors aren't strong enough to force them out yet, so the Empire thinks that killing the War Trust will cripple the Republic when the war starts.

And they're wrong. They're so very, very wrong.
    Executing the war leaders is a pretty common and time-honored way of crippling your opponent before a major conflict. It can create disarray in the ranks.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    This KNIGHTS OF THE FALLEN VAMPIRE stuff sounds pretty good. Sounds like they are getting a big big big enfusion of money now that that movies are set to kick off and they are essentially rebooting SWTOR, hopefully fixing many of the basic game's flaws in the process.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I almost equipped one of those new dark legionaire chestguards but then I noticed the buttflap at the last minute. GOD DAMNIT, BIOWARE!

This discussion has been closed.