Options

[Wrestling] isn't wrestling except when its Mr. Wrestling

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I'm curious does Kidd use the Sharpshooter as a finisher or did he at all? I've only seen him with Cesaro

I do know he is all super canadian and was rocking the sweet pink and black trunks at EC so I'm just assuming it was his finisher/super move

and if so that makes that all the more sadder and sweeter

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    He does/did, yeah.

:-/

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    For no reason, I've suddenly come to the decision I like Dana Brookes.

Huh.

welcome aboard

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If Simon Gotch decided to incorporate being an old timey business tycoon how throws monry into the crowd into his character

I would be pretty okay with it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Are those Bison Dollars?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Wait... Do people playing the pick'ems read dirt sheets? I was about to complain about that being unfair but then I remembered how often WWE (read vince) changes their minds at the last minute. No complaints here.

I AM DIRT SHEETS!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If Simon Gotch decided to incorporate being an old timey business tycoon how throws monry into the crowd into his character

I would be pretty okay with it

Especially if the money he throws is mother fuckin bison bucks

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Kidd originally did a really cool modified Sharpshooter called the Dungeon Lock, then went back to using the Sharpshooter when he came back from injury.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I remember hearing about this on JR's podcast and I either couldn't find it or forgot to search for it at the time but I just read about it again in some of JR's comments about Dusty

it's the last match they called together, regal vs. ambrose. I'm sure plenty of people have seen it but if you haven't, JR seems so happy the couple of times I've seen him mention it, I think he's really proud of it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xza7ny_dean-ambrose-vs-william-regal-ii-15-07-2012_sport

edit - the video keeps freezing for me on this vid but my internet is wonky right now so I think it's me. if not, I apologizes for linking a garbage vid

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Kidd originally did a really cool modified Sharpshooter called the Dungeon Lock, then went back to using the Sharpshooter when he came back from injury.

ok yeah that is super dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVh52I9P8to
    Whippy wrote: »
    He does/did, yeah.

:-/

poor Kidd I'm hoping for the best for him : (

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That dungeon lock is pretty cool. I may have to try that out at practice for fun.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    That dungeon lock is pretty cool. I may have to try that out at practice for fun.

Be careful who you try it on, I hear Trueno Verde has very strong legs and will likely reverse it onto you!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Goldust wrote:
    Yesterday my father passed away with his four children, my daughter and his wife of 38 yrs. he was our hero and the greatest father in the world. He is the reason why I am who I am today. He taught me so so many lessons in life. He had 1 thing that he wanted to be and that was he wanted to be forever young. Now he is. Now he is dancing with angels in heaven. He was my mentor, my hero and a dad that I strive to be like. I love you dad. Thank you for all the overwhelmingly amount of love and support. He would have been on cloud 9 with this. Thank you all. Dustin Runnels

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Heh, check out today's Wikipedia featured article.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

I fell asleep last night before Nakamura vs Bad Luck Fale happened.

Was I lucky?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I fell asleep last night before Nakamura vs Bad Luck Fale happened.

Was I lucky?

Nakamura and Okada and the like can drag Fale to a slightly better than average match. Average being the most bland indie match imaginable or like some slapdash match put on Smackdown and given five minutes.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    So Jerry Lawler was wrestling at a Superman celebration event (you read that right) and at the meet and greet he let slip Smackdown might be live when it hits USA in March. On Fridays.

Huh.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I think going live with Smackdown would be a good thing. As it is, nothing of worth ever happens(storyline-wise). Going live would likely change that.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Switching back to Friday's though?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

If its going live they'd have to. They already work a crazy schedule without having a live show on Thursday.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

If its going live they'd have to. They already work a crazy schedule without having a live show on Thursday.
    I guess I don't see why doing a live show on Thursdays would be any more strenuous than doing a recorded show on Tuesdays?

Are live shows more demanding or something?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    So Jerry Lawler was wrestling at a Superman celebration event (you read that right) and at the meet and greet he let slip Smackdown might be live when it hits USA in March. On Fridays.

Huh.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

If there's one thing Lawler loves more than wrestling, its Superman, and 6/12 is apparently Superman Day (though why you wouldn't make it either April 18 when Action #1 was published, or just go with Miracle Monday as the official Superman holiday is beyond me).

• Options
    Here's the WCW video at the end of the latest OSW Review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geM7g2l88BE&feature=youtu.be

...holy shit that was one of their best episodes ever.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I always bet on Brock showing and always lose

Keep at it! You have to be right at least once!
    Andy Joe wrote: »

What was it? I got here too late to check.
    David_T wrote: »
    i don't read dirt sheets or rumors because why would you want to know everything that is going to happen

Because that makes it even better when something else happens instead.

Yeah, like how great Mania 30 wound up compared to how awful it was going to be. It was basically night and day. And it was made even better because they spent the next month doing interviews with publications like Variety where they begged them to believe it was the plan all along and the fans had nothing to do with it.

It should be noted that several people confirmed the Mania 30 rumors after the fact in official WWE videos and publications. Had no one done that I'd have still called bullshit on them like the whole Mighty Mouse thing which Neville just confirmed as, you guessed it, bullshit.

Was it? Seems like it would be a gross misunderstanding or exaggeration of what he's doing now with the cape.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Was watching a documentary on British pro wrestling last night and was presented with this excellent image:

E984jz6.jpg

That's Adrian Street with his coal miner father.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I always bet on Brock showing and always lose

Keep at it! You have to be right at least once!

Nah, he just shows up at the post-PPV RAW instead to start the build up for his next PPV match

And the pickem question isn't there when he's actually on the card obv

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I can totally see Seth winning and standing triumphant and then Lesnar runs out and murders him

With either Dean taking the belt in the chaos or Brock taking it after killing everyone

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

It's still up - it's the page for MitB 2011.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Nah, Wikipedia's clock is set to GMT-4 or something. Featured article switches over in the evening EST. It'll still be up most of today.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    What if Seth wins, Buuurock comes out and murders him and then the briefcase winner cashes in on a defenseless Rollins? That would be kind of fun even if I'd rather Seth holds on to the belt for a while.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    HHH called Lemmy and asked if he'd cover Sympathy for the Devil and he said yes, so it looks like he's getting new music for an upcoming feud

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    HHH vs Seth over the reunification of the Shield???

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I miss Aksana introducing Cesaro. I think I just liked Cesaro's theme which was a ripoff of the Fratellis

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The Fratellis ripoff theme owned.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options

Seth as a face would be so awkward though.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

Seth as a face would be so awkward though.

he was a face in the shield before the breakup

him as a face on his own would be weird probably but if shield ever came back they're faces, there's no getting around that

(shield should not come back no matter how much it makes my heart flutter)

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Seth threatened to paralyze a guy over getting his friends back. He'd be a rough face, but that terrible fake laugh ruins either persona anyway.

This discussion has been closed.