As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @Isorn got me in his rampage too! Thank you so much for Grow Home. <3

I'm TERRIFIED of heights, and wavered back and forth a LOT trying to decide if I could bring myself to play it. Even watching a stream of it, when the dude fell off a ledge it made my stomach lurch. I'm really interested in playing it, but i'm going to have to work up my courage for it. The game itself looks amazing, but im still scared, even right now. D:

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything that doesn't scare you.
    Horror games, heights, geese; is there no end to your laundry list of phobias?

He's also afraid of being in a racing lobby with anyone even remotely competent.

That would explain why I keep getting invites to play Sonic Racing--wait...

Shots fired.

Luckily @The Brayster wasnt the one firing them, if his shooting in GTAV is any indication. All those poor innocent civilians nowhere near the target he was aiming at. You will be missed.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    @Isorn sends me a challenge: a challenge to race... the Sun.

HPXLXNOl.jpg

Bring it on. I live in the Pacific Northwest, we only see the sun three months of the year, how difficult can it be to race?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I'm TERRIFIED of heights, and wavered back and forth a LOT trying to decide if I could bring myself to play it. Even watching a stream of it, when the dude fell off a ledge it made my stomach lurch. I'm really interested in playing it, but i'm going to have to work up my courage for it. The game itself looks amazing, but im still scared, even right now. D:

Well then. Future charity drive incentive detected...

Make Corrigan play marathon sessions of Grow Home and AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    @Isorn sends me a challenge: a challenge to race... the Sun.

HPXLXNOl.jpg

Bring it on. I live in the Pacific Northwest, we only see the sun three months of the year, how difficult can it be to race?

Well since your vehicle is solar powered and needs the sun to be up to be able to race... I'd say somewhere between very and extremely.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Thanks to @LostNinja for In Verbis Vertis (which looks like a great idea and really intrigued me), and @Isorn for The Impossible Game!

And with those, I'm officially in the red for games gained/beaten per year. ALMOST made it through 6 months, which is probably a personal record. :D

So now I can just spend with abandon without caring :P Thanks, guys!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    np8wgqn70eru.jpg

With the number of visual novels I now have, the term Steam Library is becoming increasingly apt!

Thanks to @Isorn for finding one I lacked! And a pretty one, at that.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    If you haven't gotten all your card drops, one of the things which needs to be done is being in a room when level 10 is beaten. @Iolo and I need 80-some odd more people in our room to get it going, so jump on in :D

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    If you haven't gotten all your card drops, one of the things which needs to be done is being in a room when level 10 is beaten. @Iolo and I need 80-some odd more people in our room to get it going, so jump on in :D

I tried to tell y'all this yesterday. :razz:
    Regarding clicker game cards, a friend and I tested and can confirm:

1 card for starting a game
    1 card for joining a friend's game (must be different from the first)
    1 card for being actively in the game when level 10 is beat

If you've not been getting your card drops, see which of the above you haven't done.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yeah, tat's how I'm aware :)

Just doing it shortly before resent, so my bonus is as high as possible.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @Isorn for Battlefield Bad Company 2!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    My group topped out at level 2080 in the clicker game. I feel like I'll be able to join any group I want today.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Somebody sell me on Korra? I love Platinum generally, but I've never watched Avatar/Korra and I've heard it's a pretty mediocre game.

The game's story is practically non-existent and the combat is less complex than most Platinum games.

While it's definitely the weakest of Platinum titles, it is still a a Platinum game and is worth the >$5 they are asking for it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I feel... done with this stupid game. Yesterday, I spent all my gold on Treasure chests, used that to get a gold starting boost, and had all my upgrades unlocked and at level 10 within the first few hours... and then never made enough gold to really do anything else. So, if my interaction is done at the start, what's the point?

• Options
    Oh, also, cards not dropping all day. :P

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Whoa!

rYP1P8Q.jpg

JsvGlrB.jpg

Thank you so much to @testsubject23 for Infested Planet, Infested Planet - Trickster's Arsenal AND Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons. Holy cats! I'm especially excited for Infested Planet as I decided I coveted it after a @Drake pimping, but I acted too late and missed the sale. Very cool.

Thanks again! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Man Infested Planet is so good. Black Talons is a good bit of fun too, but Infested Planet is just crazy. The thing that I like the most about both of them is that they are designed strictly with single player in mind.

Drake on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Huh, new message came up when I tried to join a game, that I wouldn't be able to join one that started over 10 minutes ago.

• Options
    My group topped out at level 2080 in the clicker game. I feel like I'll be able to join any group I want today.
    Houn wrote: »
    I feel... done with this stupid game. Yesterday, I spent all my gold on Treasure chests, used that to get a gold starting boost, and had all my upgrades unlocked and at level 10 within the first few hours... and then never made enough gold to really do anything else. So, if my interaction is done at the start, what's the point?

An important thing to do is use gold rain on the bosses. When a bunch of people use it and you click on the boss a lot, you can rake in a ton of gold.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @Isorn got me in his rampage too! Thank you so much for Grow Home. <3

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything that doesn't scare you.
    Horror games, heights, geese; is there no end to your laundry list of phobias?

He's also afraid of being in a racing lobby with anyone even remotely competent.

That would explain why I keep getting invites to play Sonic Racing--wait...

Shots fired.

Luckily @The Brayster wasnt the one firing them, if his shooting in GTAV is any indication. All those poor innocent civilians nowhere near the target he was aiming at. You will be missed.

I heard those civilians bore an uncanny resemblance to Peter Andre, so maybe his poor accuracy wasn't so poor after all.
    Kanden wrote: »
    Thanks Isorn for Battlefield Bad Company 2!

Are there still servers for BC2? Is there still a population on those servers? These are questions I need the answers to, because if there are then I will buy the shit out of it because I adore that game and the Vietnam expac more than words can express.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Also switching lanes when the boss is up/etc makes a difference.

If you just leave it idling, you don't really get that much gold.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah any games that were started over 10 minutes ago are greyed out on the join screen. They sure have some weird rules for this game that doesn't actually give any tangible individual benefits other than a badge with a number on it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Not being able to join a game that's already 10 minutes in progress basically means people who aren't there literally when the games start up and blaze through 10 levels before joining a friend can't get a third card.

It's crazy that Valve has set it up so only three extremely specific actions will actually drop a card for the game, instead of actually having it just be random when a card drops.

• Options
    That 10-minute rule is new, isn't it?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    @Big Classy Accept your gift! I still have Old Blood sitting in my inventory. You can't escape me!

Steam might be having issues. Took me four tries and a reboot to force Trine 3 on destroyah last night.

Yeah pretty sure it's in my library dude, thanks again!

Telling of people that need thanking, @Isorn! Cheers for finishing the Descent series off for me with 2 AND 3!

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    That 10-minute rule is new, isn't it?

Yup. And marks the end of my participation.

I mean, I guess I'm technically in a game right now, because you can't leave for good, but whatever. If I can't idle with my friends, I don't give a shit at all.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    100 billion clicks? Eat a dick, Gaben.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    chasm wrote: »
    100 billion clicks? Eat a dick, Gaben.

If they don't adjust the totals, it's hard to see hitting all nine sales on the coming weekdays...?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    As I slept, I was classaulted . . .

By Team Avatar (with special guest @LostNinja)!

xfgeu7fxrpkz.jpg

Thanks, Classninja! :heartbeat:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I spend most of my stuff on Raining Gold, and just a little on Treasure for a boost at the start. Raining Gold brings in the big bucks against higher level bosses.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm tempted by the thought of dropping a massive pile of points into crit. Just do that, lucky shot, and element, and see how stupid it gets.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    If I had to guess, the new 10 minute rule is meant to combat too many of the same people just joining the same games over and over again, and is meant to spread us across the game.

The 100 billion clicks is, I think, meant to be targeted at all the rapid fire auto-clicking (of which I am a participant) to try and get us to either stop it or stay in the game for longer. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    An important thing to do is use gold rain on the bosses. When a bunch of people use it and you click on the boss a lot, you can rake in a ton of gold.

Until people, in the early levels, drop nukes on them after thirty or forty people used gold rain.

Ultimately, there is just no reason to 'play'.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    @Isorn got me, too! Thank you so much for AR-K! <3
    bTZWAfo.png

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Just got home from the grocery store to see this:

x6vciobvlra9.png

The pile grows.... November is going to be like Christmas, except I already know what the presents are. You guys are the best! <3

Space Run looks ridiculous in the best way. Thank you @Jragghen!

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular

Until people, in the early levels, drop nukes on them after thirty or forty people used gold rain.

Ultimately, there is just no reason to 'play'.

It's extra annoying since it seems to only take two or three people not understanding the situation to fuck it up for everyone else.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Okay State of Decay YOSE, 9 bucks is where I might actually be tempted to snag you for your "upgrade."

Corpekata on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Why hello there, Transistor...

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    If I had to guess, the new 10 minute rule is meant to combat too many of the same people just joining the same games over and over again, and is meant to spread us across the game.

The 100 billion clicks is, I think, meant to be targeted at all the rapid fire auto-clicking (of which I am a participant) to try and get us to either stop it or stay in the game for longer. :wink:

100 billion clicks is more likely to get more players to start using scripts rather than deter existing players.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Isorn swooped in and dropped a copy of The Charnel House Trilogy on me.
    Thanks man!
    v6Y57uO.jpg

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Banner Saga for $5 is a crazy good deal. That game is amazing (and good to play in the summer because it's convincingly cold as your ragtag group marches through an increasingly wartorn, winter landscape.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
This discussion has been closed.