As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Anyone want Trine 2 Complete? PM me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh hey, Tales of Symphonia is coming to Steam. Guess I won't need this GameCube copy anymore
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Have we talked about Tales of Symphonia coming to Steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372360

Because Tales of Symphonia is coming to Steam.

What was I just saying about JRPGs making their way to Steam? Bamco smells that sweet, sweet PC money and they want a piece of the action. God help us if Idolmaster makes the jump.

It could be because the store page just went up, but it doesn't say whether it includes the stuff from Chronicles. Regardless, Symphonia's still my favorite of the series overall, which is generally taken to mean "had me screaming at boneheaded decisions by the characters the least". The skits and banter are always the high points of Tales, and there were a few neat hooks throughout the game (a minor plot fork can introduce a character early, a party member can potentially die for real, scenes change depending on who Lloyd's bestie is, Commander Shepard is a ninja summoner, etc.)

Good times, will pick up yet again if the port's not a disaster.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Oceanhorn is very tempting. I loved Wind Waker, and didn't even mind the extended fetch questing in the last third of the game. Unfortunately, now is not the time for me to own and play Oceanhorn. Way too much stuff left to play from the Steam sale. From all the Steam sales.

Hey, how many people here don't own Iron Brigade? It's such a good third person shooter + tower defense hybrid with co-op. They recently removed GFWL from the game and are working on fixing some bugs. Apparently it disconnects a lot in 3-4 player games? That sucks, I hope they fix it soon! Anyway, it's only $2.99 on the Humble Store right now. Also, I'm giving away two copies:
    signature.png

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Drovek wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    I preemptively, if inadvertently, planned for the future so I'd always have time to play games by being unable to reproduce. I got hit in my Gentleman's Area a lot in Aikido as a younger man.

On one hand I'm absurdly curious as to what style you practiced that lead to that... on the other, sometimes a bit of mystery is better in life. :P

@Drovek
    It was Yoseikan. And I was just very unlucky a few times =p.
    I don't know the name of the move from the event that always makes me think was the culprit. It's not a standard move in our curriculum and I believe they were trying it from a different style. But basically your get your legs swept into each other from the side and tori scoops your inner thigh and moves into the momentum to lift you up (your body ends up horizontal to the ground while still in midair) and then just straight drop you. Somehow my "fellas" ended up between tori's hand and my leg as he was lifting me up so my own body was crushing the more tender bits of my body.
    Awkward for him. Super painful for me.
    ...poor future Vamen Jr never stood a chance.

@cooljammer00 - Awesome, I'm glad you checked out the first look then! =)

@vamen
    Doing Iwama-Ryu here :P (well, it's not straight Iwaya-Ryu anymore, but the base pretty much is.)

ohhhh... hmmm, closest I could think of to your description would be aiki-otoshi. And that would be... a bit painful, yeah. :P

Nice to find other practitioners every now and then :D

If only it had been so gentle. I'll have to ask my friend what it was. He loves telling the story.
    I've been out of practice for a few years but I'd love to get back to it. I moved away and Yoseikan has such a small presence in the US there are no dojos in Nashville. I was technically teaching rank and they were pushing me to open a school back then, but I lacked the confidence to do so. Now I'm too rusty.

@Ed Gruberman That is EXACTLY what I am deciding. I hope you guys dig it!

vamen on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    SteevL wrote: »
    Oceanhorn is very tempting. I loved Wind Waker, and didn't even mind the extended fetch questing in the last third of the game. Unfortunately, now is not the time for me to own and play Oceanhorn. Way too much stuff left to play from the Steam sale. From all the Steam sales.

Hey, how many people here don't own Iron Brigade? It's such a good third person shooter + tower defense hybrid with co-op. They recently removed GFWL from the game and are working on fixing some bugs. Apparently it disconnects a lot in 3-4 player games? That sucks, I hope they fix it soon! Anyway, it's only $2.99 on the Humble Store right now. Also, I'm giving away two copies:
    signature.png

Yes, people PLEASE buy Trenche...er...Iron Brigade. I loooooved that game and never got to play multi.

EDIT - oops I should have edited my last post instead of doing two in a row, sorry about that!

Also I have an extra copy of Hack and Slash if anyone wants it.

vamen on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Some Trine 2 for grabs
    Loading...?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Hey, Oceanhorn is the daily for $7.50!

$7.50 is a good deal for 12ish hours of notZelda goodness. Go!

That game is totally worth at least $7.50 (says the huge Zelda.Metroid/Castlevania adventure game fan).

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Some Trine 2 for grabs
    Loading...?

Do we still have silent ninjas here ? :biggrin:

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    subi wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Some Trine 2 for grabs
    Loading...?

Do we still have silent ninjas here ? :biggrin:

I know of one half-assed one, but I'm not sure how silent he is.

EDIT: Actually a half-assed ninja would probably be pretty loud and obvious. I'm picturing the NINJA SMOKE BOMB VANISH!, but the ninja is still standing there. Then he flips you off, and walks away. That would be a half-assed ninja.

f3rret on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Get that game with the Skittles tie in on Steam

Darkened Skye. That game was funny as hell. Great main character who was aware she was in a game. "I don't want to be listed as 'third dead teenager' in the credits." Shame the game itself was a bit crap.

- - - - -

Apparently @vamen thinks he's me. Or I am him. Or something. Wait a second, that sounds familiar.

p0dnyxl31rdu.jpg

Although I'm not sure this has anything to do with getting my ass to Mars...

xasgymzdusw0.jpg

Cheers, me! I mean @vamen !

I'm so confused... does this mean I'm fake-married to 1990-era Sharon Stone?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I would have ninja'd my Trine 2 code, but no one on my friends list has it on their wishlist. More likely than not those who want it already own it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Broforce added William Wallace and The Rocketeer

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

oh god, what are their bro names?

(please be Broveheart and The Brocketeer)

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited July 2015

oh god, what are their bro names?

Brocketteer and Broheart

(you were pretty close)

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

The Rocketeer?!
    Dammit...guess I'm picking that up.

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    I just need to think of the contest. Alas, I'm drawing a blank. Anyone got any great ideas in their head for a contest?
    I though the obvious idea would be a Miraulous Ladybug cosplay contest.
    No?
    Maybe a karaoke contest, singing the Ladybug theme song? (of course, Isy should be part of the jury for that one).
    zhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gif

It's been a weird day at work.
    baurwrl21ki7.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Darkened Skye. That game was funny as hell. Great main character who was aware she was in a game. "I don't want to be listed as 'third dead teenager' in the credits." Shame the game itself was a bit crap.

- - - - -

Apparently @vamen thinks he's me. Or I am him. Or something. Wait a second, that sounds familiar.

p0dnyxl31rdu.jpg

xasgymzdusw0.jpg

Argh. Typed my own name in the slot that should have been your name, how embarrassing. That was either a mistake or I'm unaware that I'm a narcissist.

Well I hope you enjoy it, Vamen, you handsome devil.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Some more Trine 2:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -
    Jazz wrote: »

- - - - -

p0dnyxl31rdu.jpg

xasgymzdusw0.jpg

Argh. Typed my own name in the slot that should have been your name, how embarrassing. That was either a mistake or I'm unaware that I'm a narcissist.

Well I hope you enjoy it, Vamen, you handsome devil.

I'll certainly try, Jazz, you sexy beast.

• Options
  • Options
    sFDvSSG.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Has it been stated yet today that @HiT BiT is the awesomest? Because he's totally the awesomest.

Totally.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Has it been stated yet today that @HiT BiT is the awesomest? Because he's totally the awesomest.

Totally.

<3<3<3

9/10 Not enough pink

• Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    Some more Trine 2:

Loading...?

Thank you for the code.

• Options
    We need more Trine :D Game deserve that :)

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I forgot there was a "contest" tied to my pre-holiday weekend workday weirdness.

wl6x70y2bw0q.png

Thanks @Pixelated Pixie !

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Hey look! It's a bundle leftover!

signature.png

Open to G&T Adventure time group.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Has it been stated yet today that @Pixelated Pixie is a monster? Because she's totally is... <3
    6MB3CUz.jpg

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Got food poisoning before work, after tossing my cookies and cleaning the smell from my mustache, I ran into a high school crush I had.

She said I looked handsome. This really made my day, cookie and stomach issues aside.
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

WIll upload drawing of Geth Fried Chicken this saturday

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @chocobolicious just dropped Dungeon Souls on my head! It's a 2D roguelike hack n slash with Souls in the name so I bet I'll be sliding down rainbows and chasing butterflies! Thanks buddy, I love rainbows!

J9j6DCp.jpg

• Options
    If any of you good member get this bundle and have spare Trine 2 I need one for my close friend ,real friend :) Will be in Wolf among US ,great game :P

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually a half-assed ninja would probably be pretty loud and obvious. I'm picturing the NINJA SMOKE BOMB VANISH!, but the ninja is still standing there. Then he flips you off, and walks away. That would be a half-assed ninja.
    Bad_506239_1546274.gif

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If any of you good member get this bundle and have spare Trine 2 I need one for my close friend ,real friend :) Will be in Wolf among US ,great game :P
    If you beg for games you will be kicked from this thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Nope.I am asking for exchange ;) Well hello Bobkins Flymo :)

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

Nope.I am asking for exchange ;) Well hello Bobkins Flymo :)

BBdLN1t.gif

Zavian on
  • Options
    Where is the trade section ???

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

http://www.steamgifts.com/trades

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

There is no forum trade ? How is that possible ? any reason ?

• Options
    So many new PA steam friends added today.

<3

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

There is no forum trade ? How is that possible ? any reason ?

My guess is because a forum isn't really set up to have its members list inventories of things for trade. It's set up for discussion. There is also reddit.com/r/steamgameswap though there are hoops to jump through over there to prove you're not a scammer.

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.