Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

One [Webcomics] Man

196979899100102»

• GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    The "I am vengeance, I am the Night, I AM BATMAN!" is one of the coolest things from the show.

Fun Story

Right after 9/11 happened, Convoy offered to help out with the relief effort, working in a kitchen to help feed the relief effort people. Eventually, a guy he was working with goes "Hey, are you an actor?"

"Sure am!"

"What kind of acting?"

"Well lately Id o mostly voice work"

"I knew it, you're Batman! Can I tell the guys?"

"Pffff, no one's gonna care."

"Are you kidding?! Hey guys, Batman cooked your dinner!"

*a moment of silence passes*

"bullshit! prove it!"

Conroy: "I am Vengeance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN":

*a moment passes*

"Holy fuck, it IS Batman!"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

ShadowenRMS OceanicLord_AsmodeusRoyceSraphimronyaPsykomaMadEddyDisruptedCapitalistDuke 2.0ElbasunuNothingKarozAdvocatemasterofmetroidMoth 13cB557ArdolTransporterdjmitchellaCururuThe Hanged ManHeadCreepsStiltsFCDdarunia106CambiataAnialosHadesSirEtchwartsGoldenSeducerDys
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    which is basically the worst thing
    Dark Knight Returns is hardly the worst thing, it's sort of a classic, though it is pretty old and sounds like it's got a real hard time meshing with the good elements from that animated stuff.

"In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."

Conservative ideology is a cancer on liberal democracy and it's getting close to terminal.
    - Shryke
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I like Mr. Freeze as a creepy guy with a stranger in his basement.

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Dark Knight Returns is hardly the worst thing, it's sort of a classic, though it is pretty old and sounds like it's got a real hard time meshing with the good elements from that animated stuff.

no I mean the fact that it's become the template for what a lot of people think Batman should always be is the worst thing

ThatDudeOverThere on
    GvzbgulRMS OceanicLord_AsmodeusRoyceSraphimCaptainNemoKwoarumasterofmetroidTransporterThe Hanged Manvalhalla130StiltsFCDdarunia106Kilroy
    I do love how BTAS basically set the standard for Mr Freeze everything Batman that's come afterwards.

Shit, even Batman and Robin went with the tragic mourning Freeze.

Cambiata
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    They couldn't 'kill' anyone on the show.

But they could have them become intangible and sink slowly to the bottom of the earth's core to die a horrible death in darkness and starvation.

I'm pretty sure the Not!Fantastic Four were killed.

RoyceSraphimGoatmondarunia106
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

no I mean the fact that it's become the template for what a lot of people think Batman should always be is the worst thing

Absolutely. DKR and TDK are both pretty good, even great. But their influence on Batman and DC has become tiresome.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    1436317449-VIBE196.jpg

Vibe is about one kid not liking that his sister is so aloof

AdvocateKaroz
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I made another thread
    Fear it

Panda4YouDisruptedCapitalistElarodarunia106
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular

Ah, that sounds plausible. :3 Haven't watched that animated thing but it sounds like it's more of a updated "golden age" setting with some darker, although contextually realistic/believable, streaks? Meanwhile tDKR was pretty much just a dystopia+supes/bats. :)

"In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."

Conservative ideology is a cancer on liberal democracy and it's getting close to terminal.
    - Shryke
    They couldn't 'kill' anyone on the show.

But they could have them become intangible and sink slowly to the bottom of the earth's core to die a horrible death in darkness and starvation.

I'm pretty sure the Not!Fantastic Four were killed.

As did Mr. Freeze in his Beyond episode.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    What the damn hell 102 pages

DisruptedCapitalistGoatmonEvilCakeShadowen
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Geth, close thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Whippy. Closing thread...

Goatmon
This discussion has been closed.