As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One [Webcomics] Man

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    lyrics.png
    xkcd.com

• Options
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    lyrics.png
    xkcd.com
    this would be bad even in a lineup of newspaper comics

god damn

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing about the new robot body is that it is asymmetrical for no reason

Because it looks cool

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Mosspaca Advertising Department is Tan Jiu and Old Xian being bad at advertising

ueo8uj3ftgde.jpg
    s2sgmw2g652t.jpg
    s9ofddwhgo5z.jpg
    5k7w36loj4z4.jpg
    n64d4x33zq41.jpg
    yr4gfd87ns4f.jpg
    a7eqxiig9d4l.jpg
    2toa7ann04oe.jpg
    l6ec1dfsxi58.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    lyrics.png
    xkcd.com

Jesus tapdancing christ

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    That cat's got something going on in the penultimate panel

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    cats wee fert baws

• Options
    Haha, I didn't even notice the catballs in the 2nd to last panel.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    man, Aaron Diaz has been terrible at managing his online presence since like, 2006

he pulled the DC subforum from the KoalaWallop (one of the first webcomic coalitions) forums for pretty much the exact reason

tbh, I wish DC had just stayed as one-off strips (he's really good at those, be they humorous or serious) 100% of the time. Hob was sorta cool but also took too damn long, and Dark Science hasn't done much for me, and I say that as someone who's been a fan for as long as I've been reading webcomics

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    man, Aaron Diaz... terrible....webcomics

I agree.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    He's too celebratory of his own main character.

Making a sexy robot lady and naming her after a famous one doesn't make your character awesome, Diaz.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    lyrics.png
    xkcd.com

I actually have the opposite problem. It's a blessing and (when you're stuck in a restaurant and you forgot your headphones and the only thing playing is banal pop music) a curse.

• Options
    How does one get stuck in a restaurant?

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    lyrics.png
    xkcd.com

I actually have the opposite problem. It's a blessing and (when you're stuck in a restaurant and you forgot your headphones and the only thing playing is banal pop music) a curse.

yeah, my girlfriend's the same. while that comic is straight up about me. makes for.. interesting.. music conversations

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    How does one get stuck in a restaurant?
    I'd guess by visiting one's friends or family (or having the same visit you) and going out to dinner. You're finished eating and ready to go someplace not playing horrible pop music, but said friends or family eat slower or maybe they wanted to get desert or coffee or something and you can't just bail on friends or family.

So instead you try to make idle conversation to pass the time or at least appear less socially inept for a while, but for some reason all you can focus on is the crap music that's playing. Crap music that nobody else at the table can understand so they can just tune it out as little more than white noise.

• Options
    I don't have that problem on account of being a normal well adjusted human who also has shit hearing

• Options
    When the doors close and you get stuck between courses.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    statler wrote: »

When writers of ongoing narratives say this, they usually mean "shit shit shit now i gotta rewrite the ending".

Shadowen on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Gigi occasionally says that to people who harp on her about things not being clear RIGHT THIS SECOND, it's a fair response

Diaz's real weakness here is he's offended by the question itself, like it's an attack on him

He needs to get his thumb out of his ass

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Maybe we should talk less about guys who write terrible comics, and just post good comics by ladies.

BECAUSE BREAKING CAT NEWS IS BACK!

hU4XnQ4.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    BCN so nice it gets posted twice.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Why won't my incredible tweet inline

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Probably it needs the http://

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    It's probably a little mean too.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The best line from BCN so far has been "I HAVE CAUGHT THE RED DOT"

Genuinely felt impressed by that

• Options
    It's probably a little mean too.

Homeboy deserves it imho

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing about the new robot body is that it is asymmetrical for no reason

Because it looks cool

No it looks dumb

You enter some magic robot pit and get a perfect new body and you opt to leave it half finished you are dumb

just a big ole silly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Kim design would be fine if he didn't have this creepy history of drawing her half (or totally) naked.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    im aaron diaz irl ask me anything

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    f556d0ea8qNl0.jpg
    Along with Hikers, Sailors also creeped me out as a kid. I don't know what it was, something about these grown men being a little too overfamiliar and rambunctious with you. I asked my friend if it was just me. He said it was.
    mokepon.smackjeeves.com

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Why

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Even with that context I think the Kim design is fine, it's just incredibly super boring and does nothing to serve the narrative. Seems like Aaron woke up one day and realised that built women are hot (he's not wrong) and changed his character accordingly.

Like yes, I'm sure there are new bells and whistles under the hood, but it didn't need a dream sequence and million dollar man montage.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    Why

robot titties

next question

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    1434410246-2015-06-15.jpg
    spinnyverse.com

Dang, that's harsh, scientist William Tell.

This discussion has been closed.