Options

Hollywood [chat]s

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I really don't get the appeal of GoT book readers hanging out in the show thread and "guessing" the outcomes.

What do you have to gain from that? And it's not like it isn't blindingly obvious to other book readers, when the aspects of the next episode that you guess are straight out of the books, and the events you offer no guesses about are not.

I guess this is almost the last season we'll have to deal with that though.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bob Ducca's list of ailments

Restless leg syndrome
    Fibromyalgia
    High-fiber fibromyalgia
    Hot tub foot
    Lou Gehrig’s disease
    Lou Barlow’s disease
    Lucy Liu Flu
    Advanced moist shin disorder
    Hyper-tolerance to lactose
    Urinary tract infection
    Urinary 8-track infection
    Trickle nipple
    Thick urine syndrome
    Hapsburg cholera
    Clogged arteries
    Dropsy
    Dry lip
    Intestinal colic
    Allergic to indoor toilets
    Sufferer of milk leg
    Loofah rash
    Bone worm
    Selective fatigue syndrome
    Hepatitis R
    Irritable bowel syndrome
    Spastic ear discharge
    Pubic lice
    Amphibial rabies
    Anglo-centric sickle cell anemia
    Scabies
    Rabies
    Mickey Rooney’s Sugar Babies
    Tarnished yam simplex
    Swollen perineum
    Chronic shame disorder
    Larval penis
    Dirt belly
    Parkinson’s disease
    Valet Parkinson’s disease
    Parallel Parkinson’s disease
    Parker Posey pox
    Pere ubu
    Canine derived hip dysplasia
    Selective albinism
    Scrotal migraines
    Prolapsed navel
    Diagnosed as “Hard to Kill”
    Dusty Sperm
    Carpool Tunnel Syndrome
    Male FUPA disorder
    Overactive Empathy
    Human Contact Disorder
    Late Onset-Turkey Revulsion
    Internal Sneezing (affects septum only)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Urinary 8-track infection

hahahahaha

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

I'll take my dick out, but I want to emphasize that this is not an admission of guilt and also for them to sign this non-disclosure agreement

no flash photography, please

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

The best part was when he mentioned this on his show and immediately got a phone call from their manager demanding that he make a retraction.

• Options
    for the actual bit where he reads that whole list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I want the oculus rift to come with a pair of gloves and track my hands really accurately. Fuck these weird motion controller things. Also I'd wear one of the gloves when I go out places because it would be the future and that sort of thing will be cool then.

Oculus Touch is kind of that, though not gloves. Maybe an intermediate step between now and what you want?

Oculus Touch is "these weird motion controller things".

Oh okay.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Of course, there's no way I'm not buying Fallout 4 for PC.

But mods

to fix all the crippling stupid that Bethesda has married to it like a 200 year old civilization made entirely out of corrugated metal sheets

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

I'll take my dick out, but I want to emphasize that this is not an admission of guilt and also for them to sign this non-disclosure agreement

if you knew the hollywood facts you would know that this is a nonstarter

do you know the hollywood facts

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So @Donkey Kong we had a DM mode in the old NWN, but one of the essential problems was that you were in the same 3d isometric mode that the players where in, but you still needed all sorts of tables and menus open. Being able to float all of that around you while you move around, and have it not impede your view, would be wonderful. The other major problem is the need to be in two places at once... to manage the encounter and also prepare for the next one. The backed-out 3d view like you saw in the minecraft demo would work perfectly for that, allowing you a real gods-eye view of the area where the players are adventuring, while also being able to see what they're doing.

Doing all that on a monitor would need two or three of them, and an interface that I've not seen for any game so far.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

is this also having to do with the tungsten cube?

• Options
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

no start from the beginning

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Elki wrote: »
    AR seems like it will be best for quirky games and applications, so probably better as a PC thing than console.

Uh huh.

Table top simulator would be incredible on it. So would games like civilization or cities skylines. I can't think of many console games it would be that desirable for. FFT or Disgaea, I guess.

The only games still left as a PC game are games that need a keyboard and mouse to control. Trying to talk about what belong where when it involves an entirely new control scheme, and defining that by old platform distinctions, is pretty dumb. Any games for it will have to be designed for a new control scheme, and the platform is pretty much entirely irrelevant. It happens to be the Xbox One for now, because Microsoft's Xbox division made it.

"Quirky games" being a PC thing is just... I don't know what year you're from.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

a hydrogen cube??

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Last night I went to a bro's house and we recorded a test episode of sorts for a podcast he wants to do. We're reading the Left Behind series and doing basically a How Did This Get Made style analysis, maybe a handful of chapters at a time. With no delusions of grandeur or expectations of anyone ever listening, it was actually pretty fun just as like an activity or project to do with a friend. I want to take a light editing pass on it, but I think it actually turned out a lot better than I was expecting (expectations were low)and maybe legitimately funny in parts.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Cheese slicing incident: the stupidest reason I'm bleeding this week

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

a hydrogen cube??

NO

NICEEEEEE

• Options
    Making the Power Armour be an actual suit you climb into, and giving it some actual weight are both great bits of design.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    So @Donkey Kong we had a DM mode in the old NWN, but one of the essential problems was that you were in the same 3d isometric mode that the players where in, but you still needed all sorts of tables and menus open. Being able to float all of that around you while you move around, and have it not impede your view, would be wonderful. The other major problem is the need to be in two places at once... to manage the encounter and also prepare for the next one. The backed-out 3d view like you saw in the minecraft demo would work perfectly for that, allowing you a real gods-eye view of the area where the players are adventuring, while also being able to see what they're doing.

Doing all that on a monitor would need two or three of them, and an interface that I've not seen for any game so far.

Couldn't you set up your encounters ahead of time and let them play out or disable them or something?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Last night I went to a bro's house and we recorded a test episode of sorts for a podcast he wants to do. We're reading the Left Behind series and doing basically a How Did This Get Made style analysis, maybe a handful of chapters at a time. With no delusions of grandeur or expectations of anyone ever listening, it was actually pretty fun just as like an activity or project to do with a friend. I want to take a light editing pass on it, but I think it actually turned out a lot better than I was expecting (expectations were low)and maybe legitimately funny in parts.

my only request is pls have gud mics pls pls pls

I have been listening to this podcast called Fire Talk With Me on occasion to get all hype for the new season

but i legit can't stand the truly awful audio quality anymore

it's impossible to listen to in subways, on the street, on the train, while driving, p much anywhere with ambient noise

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    As burnothy's lawyer,

hold on just a minute

You could have this cube at the low low temperature of 10K.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I really don't get the appeal of GoT book readers hanging out in the show thread and "guessing" the outcomes.

What do you have to gain from that? And it's not like it isn't blindingly obvious to other book readers, when the aspects of the next episode that you guess are straight out of the books, and the events you offer no guesses about are not.

There was a huge problem in that thread back a few seasons ago with book readers getting really uppity about being told to fuck off.

I still have no idea what would possess someone to act that way.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Hmm...Hololenses. Whole new frontiers for developers to make terrible UIs for 4X games.

• Options
    THE BLOOD IS GETTING ALL OVER MY DINNER GODDAMMIT

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NO BETHRYN DOOJH DOOJH DOOJH DOOJH

i mean srsly does anybody in this class do the assigned reading at all

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

I would love to see a game like that.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Lou Barlow's disease

:lol:

Gim on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »

There was a huge problem in that thread back a few seasons ago with book readers getting really uppity about being told to fuck off.

I still have no idea what would possess someone to act that way.

Nerd culture shit valuing knowledge as a status symbol. Book readers using it to show off status in Nerd communities.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    So Donkey Kong we had a DM mode in the old NWN, but one of the essential problems was that you were in the same 3d isometric mode that the players where in, but you still needed all sorts of tables and menus open. Being able to float all of that around you while you move around, and have it not impede your view, would be wonderful. The other major problem is the need to be in two places at once... to manage the encounter and also prepare for the next one. The backed-out 3d view like you saw in the minecraft demo would work perfectly for that, allowing you a real gods-eye view of the area where the players are adventuring, while also being able to see what they're doing.

I think more difficult UI challenges have been solved in the past. Hololens might offer an easier to manage UI, but I don't buy that the only reason this experience doesn't exist is because the UI would be messy. Not in a world where dwarf fortress is a thing.

I think the reason nobody ran with the NWN DM mode is because it wasn't very popular or fun.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NO BETHRYN DOOJH DOOJH DOOJH DOOJH

i mean srsly does anybody in this class do the assigned reading at all
    TL DR wrote:
    what even is this [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    bowen wrote: »

Couldn't you set up your encounters ahead of time and let them play out or disable them or something?

Sure, but you never know how the players work together, and you want to possess monsters sometimes as well. Overtuning spawned encounters can accidentally wipe the party, or maybe you want to control the loot drop on the fly..., and you ALSO want to be ahead of the party setting up the next thing they'll find. Droppping a series of canned encounters and doing nothing with them is pretty boring, when you can also possess monsters and yell rude things at the players or drop hints during the fight...

spool32 on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So re: screen sizes and hololenses, stolen from the E3 thread:
    For people skeptical about Hololens, it actually is a bit of a bait and switch, at least currently. They show this full screen video on stage like you are literally seeing what they're showing when you have the headset on, but your field of vision of the holo-content is actually pretty narrowly centered in the center. Supposed to be kind of disconcerting.

http://gizmodo.com/microsoft-hololens-round-2-why-cant-i-see-more-of-thi-1701500831
    Here, try this for me real quick. Pick up your smartphone. Hold it about a foot in front of your face. Now imagine that the phone is a window into a parallel world. Through that window, you can see holograms that appear to exist in the real world—but all around that phone, you’re only seeing the world. In other words, you have to be looking directly at a digital object to see it, because HoloLens currently has a ridiculously tiny field of view. As soon as you turn your head a little bit, the holograms disappear.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    sure bleeding strong, this

I sliced off a significant portion of my knuckle

for the same reason that it was inconvenient, because I was hurrying because I had was making two different dishes and had two pots and the oven on and no time to be bleeding

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Of course, there's no way I'm not buying Fallout 4 for PC.

But mods

to fix all the crippling stupid that Bethesda has married to it like a 200 year old civilization made entirely out of corrugated metal sheets

Mods will now work on consoles.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Fallout looks neat. Not sure about the voiced PC though. Hopefully I can run it on my old man PC.

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i heard hololens interfaces with your visual cortex through a retinal implant
    i heard hololens actually gives you a four dimensional window into time
    i heard hololens is reclaimed alien technology
    i heard hololens is really a vast conspiracy that lets us know we are in the matrix

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    So re: screen sizes and hololenses, stolen from the E3 thread:
    For people skeptical about Hololens, it actually is a bit of a bait and switch, at least currently. They show this full screen video on stage like you are literally seeing what they're showing when you have the headset on, but your field of vision of the holo-content is actually pretty narrowly centered in the center. Supposed to be kind of disconcerting.

http://gizmodo.com/microsoft-hololens-round-2-why-cant-i-see-more-of-thi-1701500831
    Here, try this for me real quick. Pick up your smartphone. Hold it about a foot in front of your face. Now imagine that the phone is a window into a parallel world. Through that window, you can see holograms that appear to exist in the real world—but all around that phone, you’re only seeing the world. In other words, you have to be looking directly at a digital object to see it, because HoloLens currently has a ridiculously tiny field of view. As soon as you turn your head a little bit, the holograms disappear.

LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.