As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hollywood [chat]s

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Anything good in the nintendo or square presentations, or otherwise?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    My god.

So, are these guys miring the process with being bad, or are you totally taking them to the cleaners, or both?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    "In Mirror's Edge Catalyst, you won't be using any guns at all," senior producer Sara Jansson told Polygon in an interview today at E3. "We've completely removed that aspect of the game. You can't even pick them up."

Faith will, of course, still be facing lots of corporate goons, so she will have to fight. But EA and developer DICE have created a new combat system that emphasizes melee combat.

"Faith will fight, but she doesn't kill," said Jansson. "Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics. When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she's actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm's way. It's only when she stops that she can get hurt."

yes I would like to play Infinite Momentum Parkour Goddess pls

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My god.

So, are these guys miring the process with being bad, or are you totally taking them to the cleaners, or both?

Both. They don't seem to understand the ramifications of some things they agreed to. I think we literally just dropped the purchase price by 20% and they don't realize it.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Did they give a release date for MGS V?

The trailer says

sept 1

I don't know if i want to look at it... I want the experience to be fresh.

Also, i still need to play about half the main-line titles

looook it

there's so much to metal gear

so so so so so much

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    YESSSSS They get what makes Mirrors edge good.

Cannot wait.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    "In Mirror's Edge Catalyst, you won't be using any guns at all," senior producer Sara Jansson told Polygon in an interview today at E3. "We've completely removed that aspect of the game. You can't even pick them up."

Faith will, of course, still be facing lots of corporate goons, so she will have to fight. But EA and developer DICE have created a new combat system that emphasizes melee combat.

"Faith will fight, but she doesn't kill," said Jansson. "Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics. When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she's actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm's way. It's only when she stops that she can get hurt."

um

I shall still remain cautiously optimistic, even though on the face of it those changes seem not good,

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

The trailer says

sept 1

It has what would be considered a large spoiler but its not like people haven't speculated about it happening before

what's the spoiler?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I've been 26 for 9 minutes!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Zampanov wrote: »

yes I would like to play Infinite Momentum Parkour Goddess pls

It's what I've always wanted.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mirror's Edge is gonna be amazing

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

The trailer says

sept 1

It has what would be considered a large spoiler but its not like people haven't speculated about it happening before

what's the spoiler?
    Young Liquid and Solid Snake appear

• Options
    @y2jake215 dat penalty :/

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mirror's Edge is a game i played earlier this year...

it was good, but frustratingly linear at times.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

fix the big fuck off hole in your defence from the red card

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Enjoy the last eight months of your mid-twenties!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

Nier 2 is super surprising (by platinum no less)
    Starfox Zero with work from Platinum also cool
    They had a really incredible piece showing the original level design sheets from Super Mario Bros.

• Options
    Whoa. This company employees a cleaning person for a 40 hour work week. I've never seen a company do that before.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

this is both good and bad

its good that they are just makin the executive decision but bad because it means i cant run on wall in slow motion firing machine pistol like a balla

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Why are their offices so dirty that they need that?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

They had a really incredible piece showing the original level design sheets from Super Mario Bros.

Nier is probably my go-to game if i need to think of a flawed diamond of a game.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

yes

platinum games making nier fucking 2

literally something that if u told me 2 days ago i would have slapped u for being too out there

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvIyC0mc0oY

• Options
    Also Miyamoto tried to make a joke about how the mushroom and Goomba look similar and you may avoid the mushroom cause you think its bad and that kind of makes him a mean guy.

What he should of said was hey I made Mario 2 Japan I'm a sadistic bastard.

• Options

The trailer says

sept 1

what's the spoiler?

two dudes at the end?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As many as 600 million Samsung phones may be vulnerable to attacks that allow hackers to surreptitiously monitor the camera and microphone, read incoming and outgoing text messages, and install malicious apps, a security researcher said.

The vulnerability is in the update mechanism for a Sumsung-customized version of SwiftKey, a third-party keyboard app that comes pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, and several other Galaxy models. When downloading updates, the Samsung devices don't encrypt the executable file, making it possible for attackers in a position to modify upstream traffic—such as those on the same Wi-Fi network—to replace the legitimate file with a malicious payload. The exploit was demonstrated Tuesday at the Blackhat security conference in London by Ryan Welton, a researcher with security firm NowSecure. A video of his exploit is here.

Phones that come pre-installed with the Samsung IME keyboard, as the Samsung markets its customized version of SwiftKey, periodically query an authorized server to see if updates are available for the keyboard app or any language packs that accompany it. Attackers in a man-in-the-middle position can impersonate the server and send a response that includes a malicious payload that's injected into a language pack update. Because Samsung phones grant extraordinarily elevated privileges to the updates, the malicious payload is able to bypass protections built into Google's Android operating system that normally limit the access third-party apps have over the device.

This work is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvejToiWrY

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

The trailer says

sept 1

what's the spoiler?

two dudes at the end?

Yep

• Options

Is nintendo going to buy Platinum or something?

• Options
    As many as 600 million Samsung phones may be vulnerable to attacks that allow hackers to surreptitiously monitor the camera and microphone, read incoming and outgoing text messages, and install malicious apps, a security researcher said.

The vulnerability is in the update mechanism for a Sumsung-customized version of SwiftKey, a third-party keyboard app that comes pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, and several other Galaxy models. When downloading updates, the Samsung devices don't encrypt the executable file, making it possible for attackers in a position to modify upstream traffic—such as those on the same Wi-Fi network—to replace the legitimate file with a malicious payload. The exploit was demonstrated Tuesday at the Blackhat security conference in London by Ryan Welton, a researcher with security firm NowSecure. A video of his exploit is here.

Phones that come pre-installed with the Samsung IME keyboard, as the Samsung markets its customized version of SwiftKey, periodically query an authorized server to see if updates are available for the keyboard app or any language packs that accompany it. Attackers in a man-in-the-middle position can impersonate the server and send a response that includes a malicious payload that's injected into a language pack update. Because Samsung phones grant extraordinarily elevated privileges to the updates, the malicious payload is able to bypass protections built into Google's Android operating system that normally limit the access third-party apps have over the device.

This work is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvejToiWrY

haha get fked people with nice samsung phones

i have a samsung galaxy ace literally the worst phone ever made and its too shitty to be hacked

YES

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Can Steam make a summer game so addictive that people play it instead of the games they unlock for the sale?

Yes.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I hope this means FF8 and 9 remakes/reinterpretations
    squall lives

*pulls deeply from cigarette*

how dare you even

suggest

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited June 2015

yes

platinum games making nier fucking 2

literally something that if u told me 2 days ago i would have slapped u for being too out there

i know right?!

where is this even coming from

Eddy on
  • Options

All hail Raven, may she age like a wolf.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

The trailer says

sept 1

what's the spoiler?

two dudes at the end?

Yep

went right over my head

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Very excited to own the Razer Blade again. Will keep it this time :)

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Speaking of, another 50k people need to join a game in order to hit the last unlock.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    My cat is home! She is ok. Still skin and bones, and ofc there's still a horrible wound on her underarm (underleg??) BUT she's ok and probably going to survive! She is sleeping since she had some morphine not long ago.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Very excited to own the Razer Blade again. Will keep it this time :)

From the way it looks is it supposed to be matte finish? Because I'd be down for a matte finish laptop

or a velvet-wrapped laptop actually

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

fix the big fuck off hole in your defence from the red card

I prefer that huge hole

Keeps me on my toes

But also gives up uh that hold down lead pass full power lame goal tho

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    spool32 wrote: »
    Can Steam make a summer game so addictive that people play it instead of the games they unlock for the sale?

Yes.

I don't understand it at all.

It takes 20 minutes to load and then I click a thing and occasionally it tells me I died.

So I said fuck it.

shryke on
This discussion has been closed.