Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    I'm not happy right now

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Hugs pip

CambiataUsagibuilderr0rdurandal4532VeldrinHacksawlonelyahavaThe BetgirlCilla BlackSolarSCREECH OF THE FARGLiiyaThat Dave FellaSorceKwoaruWeedLordVegetaXaquinKadithHellaJeffchrishallett83WheatBun01
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Strikor wrote: »
    I'll start believing it when I see the signature. That is how much I distrust the seller's realtor.

The seller's realtor is handing both sides of the transaction?

No, but practically everything he's said to us has been a lie, so him telling our realtor that the owner accepted the offer could also be a lie.

I have a friend at work who was a realtor for many years and I had him looking over everything before I signed it. When I told him some of the things the owner's realtor had said, he shook his head saying how unethical it was, and that the guy should be reported.

I don't quite understand. how you are talking to the seller's realtor at all? that should all be handled through your realtor.

Realtors... they can be a mixed bag.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I'm not happy right now

Have an otter noises

Abracadanieldurandal4532CambiatachromdomThe BetgirlStrikorInfidelSkeithknitdanMagic PinkWeedLordVegetaNullzoneSyphyreI ZimbraSassori
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I'm going on two dates this week lol xD I feel bad I'm talking to both of them at the same time....But I've been told that's not a bad thing since I'm still single. one is a second date and the other is a meet up date.

Edit: I'm really new to dating and I don't know if talking to two people at them same time is really appropriate or not...it's a little uncomfortable.

I would say if it's not terribly serious don't worry too much about whether it's appropriate or not, you're not committed to somebody just cause you went on a couple dates.

If and when you or the other person feels comfortable broaching the subject of dating exclusively then you can have a conversation one way or the other.

First few dates, don't even bring it up.

Getting kind of serious with one or all of the people you're dating, bring it up.

I mean I don't know that it's an absolute moral imperative, but I'd feel skeevy doing ultra-kisses with multiple people at the same time without them knowing about each other. It's a different level of intimacy. Also obviously if they bring up the fact that they'd like to be exclusive, talk to them about it.

It worked for me to be direct with everyone. Then after a couple months it kind of solidified in my mind that there was one person I really wanted to commit myself to. At that point I broke it off with the other people, then had a short conversation about it with the person I wanted to be with.

Just in general so long as you are equally infatuated with everyone you're dating, it's a fun time. Eventually infatuation will fade, and the person you like being around most will stand out. Or it will become clear that none of them are a good person for you.

Remember to preface all discussion topics with "wait did I tell you about...?" because you will totally forget if you did or not.

Both girls are totally different so I remember what I've told the both of them xD Hopefully forgetting won't happen. But there's nothing serious going on with either of them yet. I'm also still kinda nervous about getting into kissing and stuff....I haven't been talking to them long enough to get into that with them either.... >.< plus I don't know if I should kiss them first or wait for them to kiss me? But yea thanks to both of you for the advice :3

one of them doesn't want something serious and the other does. I know that for sure. For now I'm just getting to know them and meet them. I've met one and we had fun :)

Usually by the time you get to kissing you've probably already established some boundaries, consciously or not, and you can read a situation to see if it's ok

Worse case scenario?

"I'd like to kiss you" is a perfectly valid and clear thing to say and puts the ball in the other person's court whether they want to go forward or not.

The first time I kissed my current girlfriend I literally said "I'd like to give you a kiss goodnight"

then there was a lot of good kisses and some biting and there's been a lot of biting since! Also frequent pinching.

Never underestimate the power of just straight up telling people what you would like to do and seeing if they would also like to do it. Mostly they're going to either be excited to be asked or they'll have a sensible reason why they would not like to do that right now. Either way things are cool.

Take a moment to donate what you can to the International Rescue Committee, the National Immigration Law Center, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the American Civil Liberties Union. There has never been a more urgent moment to do so.
    AbracadanielCambiataPassionateLovie
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    but i'm not a dan

I'll make a Dan

out of yoooouuuu

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    InfidelAbracadanielXaquinchrishallett83
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I'll start believing it when I see the signature. That is how much I distrust the seller's realtor.

The seller's realtor is handing both sides of the transaction?

No, but practically everything he's said to us has been a lie, so him telling our realtor that the owner accepted the offer could also be a lie.

I have a friend at work who was a realtor for many years and I had him looking over everything before I signed it. When I told him some of the things the owner's realtor had said, he shook his head saying how unethical it was, and that the guy should be reported.

I don't quite understand. how you are talking to the seller's realtor at all? that should all be handled through your realtor.

Realtors... they can be a mixed bag.

Initially, I was trying to go without a realtor, and I spoke to the guy directly. He told us a transparent lie the first time we met him to look at the place. He hasn't stopped lying since. I got my own realtor when I was about to sign an offer with the owner's realtor, because he tried to pull so much dishonest shit with me. But even then, my realtor told me everything the realtor was saying, like how he kept insisting he had cash offers for the full amount already, and that if we didn't get our offer in by X time then we'd be too late. Yet we kept missing his fake deadlines and he kept waiting for our offer. And then he pretty much accepted are offer, really just $600 above, even though he supposedly had higher cash offers. I suspect he had no other offers and all that about other offers was a complete front. (it was him telling us that he had a full cash offer that my ex-realtor friend said was completely unethical, that he couldn't tell us things like that and that he was probably only saying it because he was mad I got my own realtor).

Strikor
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    I suspect this is probably obvious to you now, but buying a house without a realtor is almost as bad as going to court without a lawyer (in a normal house buying transaction). You need someone who has some idea of what they're doing that also has a fiduciary duty to keep your interests at heart.

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    SilverWindHacksaw
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I suspect this is probably obvious to you now, but buying a house without a realtor is almost as bad as going to court without a lawyer (in a normal house buying transaction). You need someone who has some idea of what they're doing that also has a fiduciary duty to keep your interests at heart.

Well... part of the problem is that realtor working for me does not, in fact, have my best interests at heart. That is to say, the higher the cost of the house, the better off my realtor is. As someone in the chat thread pointed out, it's a transaction with four people, three of whom are working for a higher price - I'm the only one who wants it lower.

Also: For some prices of house you can't get a realtor. Part of the reason I was trying to go without is that two realtors I tried dropped me because the price range of homes I was looking at was going to be below 80k. The realtor who helped me make the offer on this place was warned explicitly that I might want to offer on a place for 60k, and was she ok with that? Turns out she was. Good for her, too, because she really had to do very little work on this one. And Scumbag Steve was punished for his dishonesty by having the owner he was representing lose the cost of her commission when he might have saved it just by not being shitty.

Cambiata on
  • PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    I'm going on two dates this week lol xD I feel bad I'm talking to both of them at the same time....But I've been told that's not a bad thing since I'm still single. one is a second date and the other is a meet up date.

Edit: I'm really new to dating and I don't know if talking to two people at them same time is really appropriate or not...it's a little uncomfortable.

I would say if it's not terribly serious don't worry too much about whether it's appropriate or not, you're not committed to somebody just cause you went on a couple dates.

If and when you or the other person feels comfortable broaching the subject of dating exclusively then you can have a conversation one way or the other.

First few dates, don't even bring it up.

Getting kind of serious with one or all of the people you're dating, bring it up.

I mean I don't know that it's an absolute moral imperative, but I'd feel skeevy doing ultra-kisses with multiple people at the same time without them knowing about each other. It's a different level of intimacy. Also obviously if they bring up the fact that they'd like to be exclusive, talk to them about it.

It worked for me to be direct with everyone. Then after a couple months it kind of solidified in my mind that there was one person I really wanted to commit myself to. At that point I broke it off with the other people, then had a short conversation about it with the person I wanted to be with.

Just in general so long as you are equally infatuated with everyone you're dating, it's a fun time. Eventually infatuation will fade, and the person you like being around most will stand out. Or it will become clear that none of them are a good person for you.

Remember to preface all discussion topics with "wait did I tell you about...?" because you will totally forget if you did or not.

Both girls are totally different so I remember what I've told the both of them xD Hopefully forgetting won't happen. But there's nothing serious going on with either of them yet. I'm also still kinda nervous about getting into kissing and stuff....I haven't been talking to them long enough to get into that with them either.... >.< plus I don't know if I should kiss them first or wait for them to kiss me? But yea thanks to both of you for the advice :3

one of them doesn't want something serious and the other does. I know that for sure. For now I'm just getting to know them and meet them. I've met one and we had fun :)

Usually by the time you get to kissing you've probably already established some boundaries, consciously or not, and you can read a situation to see if it's ok

Worse case scenario?

"I'd like to kiss you" is a perfectly valid and clear thing to say and puts the ball in the other person's court whether they want to go forward or not.

The first time I kissed my current girlfriend I literally said "I'd like to give you a kiss goodnight"

then there was a lot of good kisses and some biting and there's been a lot of biting since! Also frequent pinching.

Never underestimate the power of just straight up telling people what you would like to do and seeing if they would also like to do it. Mostly they're going to either be excited to be asked or they'll have a sensible reason why they would not like to do that right now. Either way things are cool.

Gosh I miss kissing a lot now. My last kiss was a goodbye kiss and that was almost a year ago....Kissing again will be nice hopefully lol my first kiss ever was so awful....

Geth
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    It's been quite sometime since I kissed someone so I feel it's better if I am left with the memory of it than awkwardly and poorly attempting it.

• ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Well... part of the problem is that realtor working for me does not, in fact, have my best interests at heart. That is to say, the higher the cost of the house, the better off my realtor is. As someone in the chat thread pointed out, it's a transaction with four people, three of whom are working for a higher price - I'm the only one who wants it lower.

Also: For some prices of house you can't get a realtor. Part of the reason I was trying to go without is that two realtors I tried dropped me because the price range of homes I was looking at was going to be below 80k. The realtor who helped me make the offer on this place was warned explicitly that I might want to offer on a place for 60k, and was she ok with that? Turns out she was. Good for her, too, because she really had to do very little work on this one. And Scumbag Steve was punished for his dishonesty by having the owner he was representing lose the cost of her commission when he might have saved it just by not being shitty.

In most cases, the seller still pays both commissions even if the buyer and seller's agent are the same person, so it's even better: Steve cost himself the buyer's commission.

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    Cambiata
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I don't know where else to put this

But tonight I got sat down and told off by an old man for saying the word "fart" on facebook.

I feel like this is some kind of life achievement.

KwoaruStraightziBlake TRainfallCilla BlackNullzoneKadithchromdomThe BetgirlUsagiSCREECH OF THE FARGHacksawNijachrishallett83ceresSkeithProlegomenatynicSassori
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

But tonight I got sat down and told off by an old man for saying the word "fart" on facebook.

oh my god you monster

Veldrin
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Well we're just gonna have to clean your mouth out
    5012829873_soap_bar_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

Veldrin
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    coming up on the 100th page

any final pieces of love advice?

EzUAYcn.png

Love Hurts

A heart that hurts is a heart that works

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

200_s.gif

That Dave FellaStraightziKwoaruXaquinVeldrinWeedLordVegetaFAQPeenCilla BlackSilverWindNullzonechromdomThe BetgirlUsagiSCREECH OF THE FARGHacksawNijachrishallett83SkeithtynicButlerSassori
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
    Xaquinceres

In most cases, the seller still pays both commissions even if the buyer and seller's agent are the same person, so it's even better: Steve cost himself the buyer's commission.

I had heard that, but when I asked my former realtor friend he said that owner's realtors are under contract for a set rate so they don't get more than that unless they renegotiate. But, I do gather that scumbag steve was going to try to sign me on to dual representation, so he probably was expecting that commission.

Kochikens wrote: »

200_s.gif

well gosh

EzUAYcn.png

stay away from crwth

he's a user

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

25Mj5br.png
    builderr0rYukiraJayKaosJebusUDCilla BlackOne Thousand CablesJuggernutMagic PinkKwoaruThe BetgirlGoatmonHacksawCambiataSkeithPassionateLovieSassori
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Well, 1 out of 3 so far ain't bad.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    I read that the wrong way like an idiot the first time and was kinda confused.

• RainfallRainfall Dungeon Queen Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    My love advice: Discuss everything with people on the Internet we only have your wellbeing in mind.
    I probably wouldn't be engaged without the forums telling me not to be a sucky baby on new years eve a while back.

Rainfall on
    GoatmonchromdomgrrmushaToxWeedLordVegetachrishallett83CambiataInfidelSkeithKirindallonelyahava
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    we are going to get ice cream and see straight outta compton on friday i am very much looking forward to it

LRSpdfo.png
    Kwoarubuilderr0rchromdomThe BetgirlCilla BlackUsagiYukiraHacksawWeedLordVegetaNullzonechrishallett83InfidelSkeith
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    lmk what you think of the movie, i've had a v mixed reaction about seeing it. i'm leaning towards not.

Usagi
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Just gonna go ahead and +1 the "be honest" advice because realtalk that is the best way to go. For better or worse.

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    grrmushaAbracadanielCambiatalonelyahava
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

builderr0rUsagi
  • builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Lol I haven't listened to kpop in so long

steam_sig.png
    chrishallett83
    more like

ahem

kpoop

EzUAYcn.png
    StraightziDixonMagic PinkJebusUDUrielHacksawLabelVeldrin
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Uh rude

Yukirabuilderr0rHellaJeffJebusUDchrishallett83
    the k in kpop stands for krap :cool:

EzUAYcn.png
    Magic PinkDixonHellaJeff
    Every letter in crwth's username stands for pissbaby

25Mj5br.png
    DixonThe BetgirlCambiataThat Dave Fellachrishallett83Usagi

what in the world?!

EzUAYcn.png
    edited September 2015

even the w?

Magic Pink on
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    no the w does indeed stand for 'weedlordvegeta'

Steam PSN: The Betman
    You should listen to my Totally Spies rewatch podcast on Audio Entropy!
    ineedmayo.com
    Usagi
    Magic Pink wrote: »

even the w?

Especially the w

25Mj5br.png
    chrishallett83
This discussion has been closed.