As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nier and/or Automata] Romance Delivered Through Melee

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    And that is why they are niche.

actually thanks to a recent gwas we have discovered the true reason is that a distressingly high % of console owners possess the "psnt03" allele

theres nothing we can do for them...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Nier totally should have:
    Deleted your trophies too.

This would be hilarious, especially since I am one of those people who grew a Lunar Tear for some reason.

I did too! I cheated the clock though, so it only took a few hours.

I discovered something where you shouldn't plant all the seeds at once or something in order to increase the chances of getting rarer flower seeds. I don't remember the specifics since this was five years ago or something, but I remember it improved the probability part of it a lot.

I remember doing something with planting the seeds out of order, where I'd plant the seeds in positions 2 and 4 first, and 1,3,5 after, or something like that. It seemed to work ok.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

This would be hilarious, especially since I am one of those people who grew a Lunar Tear for some reason.

I discovered something where you shouldn't plant all the seeds at once or something in order to increase the chances of getting rarer flower seeds. I don't remember the specifics since this was five years ago or something, but I remember it improved the probability part of it a lot.

I remember doing something with planting the seeds out of order, where I'd plant the seeds in positions 2 and 4 first, and 1,3,5 after, or something like that. It seemed to work ok.

the best and most troll minigame

im really hoping nier 2 is full of delishus shitty minigames - i know platinum can deliver on this

but srsly it will be interesting to see what is in there other than RADIKLE ACTION

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    And that is why they are niche.

actually thanks to a recent gwas we have discovered the true reason is that a distressingly high % of console owners possess the "psnt03" allele

theres nothing we can do for them...

sometimes your jokes are so weird i don't understand them at all

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular

Yeah, shit, that's exactly what it was. If you planted all of one color then all of another in that pattern you could increase your chances since the chance was based on what was planted next to it or something weird like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Yeah, shit, that's exactly what it was. If you planted all of one color then all of another in that pattern you could increase your chances since the chance was based on what was planted next to it or something weird like that.

I think there was another wrinkle in that the flowers were predetermined the moment you planted the seeds. So you couldn't simply reload the save for a different result. Meaning if you planted your whole stash, and ended up striking out, or not getting enough seeds, you had to essentially start the process again.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

I think there was another wrinkle in that the flowers were predetermined the moment you planted the seeds. So you couldn't simply reload the save for a different result. Meaning if you planted your whole stash, and ended up striking out, or not getting enough seeds, you had to essentially start the process again.

If you use the bounty fertilizer you always get more seeds than what you planted with, so you shouldn't be in danger of running out. You should only ever need to hybridize a given color once, as you can just plant it without trying for a hybrid and let it go to seed.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday/all

Nier on 360 for $6, Drakengard 3 on Ps3 for $8. Good time to dip a toe in if you've never actually played these things.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hahahahahahaha. Yoko Taro is the best.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Square Enix website has NieR (PS3) for $9.99.

Shipping is $7.99, but it's 2-day. And it's cheaper than anywhere else I've seen a used copy for (total comes to $17.99) AND you're getting a brand new copy.

For reference it's $28 new on Amazon, with $21 being the cheapest price used, and at GameStop where they only have used, it's $20 or $18 depending on if you have their card.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    And nier is a really good game that you should give a shot if you have a ps3 to play it on.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    The other games that Taro Yoko has been in charge of have not been as punishing gameplay-wise as the stuff Platinum is famous for.

inb4 OHKO, no checkpoint, rhythm-game boss fight

Or maybe it won't be OHKO, just that each time you get hit, it deletes one achievement/save-game progress/enemy spawn point/NPC/save point from the world. Eventually by the time you finally beat it, there are no save points, no NPCs, and you have no achievements to show for having beaten the game. The world is left utterly barren from your struggle, but you are still allowed to roam in its open world and reminisce about what used to be there.

And that'll be the happy ending.

Oh man, it'll be even better will be when Nier 3 comes out and asks if you'd like to import Nier 2 data!
    Nier 3 just thanks your console for its efforts as being an Accord, and that its mission has finally come to an end.
    And then Nier 3 turns off your console.

Isn't that just Brütal Legend? Oh, wait, Brütal Legend didn't give you a chance.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Is the dj controlling the music with a 3ds?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That DJ is Drakengard's composer, I believe. And the best hype man I have ever seen.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Got my NieR PS3 copy yesterday and popped it in to start my replay.

That intro movie, before the menu, really does spoil the entire game. But when you're fresh into it, you'd never have any idea. It's insane.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Kaine's little voice snippet when you boot up the game is still my favourite cold intro to a game ever.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I thought it was super awkward when I first heard it, but that's only because I didn't understand what was going on. After getting the context though...

• Options
    The Best Friends were streaming Mindjack recently, which has a character named Weiss that acts as your partner during most of the game. Whenever the AI would screw up and do something stupid or die, Liam would chime in with "Weiss, you dumbass!"

Which got zero reaction from the other three people in the room. At least like two people in chat would get excited with me...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx32uNtnNbg&index=1&list=PLW9wGPsKAyYYTtCC1oOMSMAYmx0n0TIi1

Not much to do while we're waiting but remember the good times.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    People have been hung for lesser affronts.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    What the hell is that?

• Options
    The song Devola sings in town I think? It's pretty cool, very chill.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

I think you should listen to the whole thing again.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

I think you should listen to the whole thing again.

I think I prefer the version with both of the girls, rather listen to that, just found that one first. Here's another classic, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMe22Y3nmg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    What. The. Fuck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Simultaneously love and hate you all.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Is NieR just full of tracks in which tonally divergent and unrelated music is layered on top of one another?

Because that does not sound good.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Is NieR just full of tracks in which tonally divergent and unrelated music is layered on top of one another?

No, I don't know what is up with that youtube channel but the normal tracks don't have that layering.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

No, I don't know what is up with that youtube channel but the normal tracks don't have that layering.

Ok. Presumably it's a really dumb method of avoiding YouTube's copyright bots. Or someone's half-assed attempt at "remixing" the original tracks.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Probably a joke. Beep boop.

PLA on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    This is a Youtube meme. Not sure if it's just one guy or a series of channels. Basically uploads songs that have been altered... somehow (it varies). Part 2 of the meme is everyone comments how good the songs from that game were. Confused people are not helped.

• Options
    Here's the new theme as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qd5juSzByU

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Man those lyrics make it sound like things will not being going well.

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Man those lyrics make it sound like things will not being going well.

So... par for the course for Nier/Drakenguard.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wonder if there'll be any towns. Looks like it's all machines now.

Can't wait.

wVEsyIc.png