As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hitman]

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    OK I'm starting to get into this. I still haven't moved past Paris because I'm trying to get to 20 mastery level. The amount of different ways you can approach each assassination is kind of insane.

These developers are mad geniuses.

Given that this was designed to be episodic with a month or so between each map, you're arguably playing it as intended.

Even after two years, I'm still finding things in the early maps that I didn't know were there:
    If you blend into the IAGO auction as 47, Dalia spots you and asks who you are.
    Then a new step gets added to her routine; after going to her private room, she'll go into the bathroom all on her own to call someone to do a background check on 'Tobias Rieper'.

This made getting her alone for the suit only challenge a lot easier, and was even funnier for me because Mr Rieper was naturally dressed as a clown.
    (Then I realised I could have just used the fireworks to shove her off the balcony which is about ten times easier.
    Meh.)
    Just the amount of dialog they have for various loops of their routine is still impressing me.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    OK I'm starting to get into this. I still haven't moved past Paris because I'm trying to get to 20 mastery level. The amount of different ways you can approach each assassination is kind of insane.

It's possible that Paris is the single best mission of the two games. But there are quite a few missions that are in the running for a close second place.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

It's possible that Paris is the single best mission of the two games. But there are quite a few missions that are in the running for a close second place.

I don't have enough experience with the S2 maps to make that call yet. Definitely my favorite of the S1 maps, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular

I don't have enough experience with the S2 maps to make that call yet. Definitely my favorite of the S1 maps, though.

I haven't tried quite every season 2 map yet, but none of the first four quite reach the level of Paris. The Miami map is close, though.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So Hitman 2 is good? The suburban neighborhood level is as good as the one in Blood Money?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I haven't tried quite every season 2 map yet, but none of the first four quite reach the level of Paris. The Miami map is close, though.

The last map is a doozy. From my first run it's probably my favorite of the S2 ones, but I need more time with em to make sure.
    Akilae wrote: »
    So Hitman 2 is good? The suburban neighborhood level is as good as the one in Blood Money?

Very good! Don't know how it stacks up against Blood Money, but it's definitely very fun.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Just hit Paris level 20!

My favorite kill was throwing Dalia off the balcony onto Viktor for a 2 for 1. And the oblivious guard just watching the fireworks next to me.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    There's a reason why the Paris level is called The Showstopper. It's an amazing level, and might be my favorite.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Realtor 47 might be the best iteration of 47 yet.
    Be sure to show the master bedroom.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Paris just clinches it because,

Sheik Zanzibar and Helmut Krueger.

The last mission in Patient Zero was also a amazing pallet cleanser.

• Options

I thought Sapienza was generally agreed to be the best one?

I'll always love that one for the way I learned about one feature:
    Specifically, the way I got a 'non-target killed' notice after I dumped an unconscious guy into a crate. Wait, what? And what's that hissing noise- oh, that is nasty.

• Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular

This.

I work in real estate. I was in tears laughing, because he's dismal at it until that moment.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

Specifically, the way I got a 'non-target killed' notice after I dumped an unconscious guy into a crate. Wait, what? And what's that hissing noise- oh, that is nasty.

I was under the impression that most people found the third required objective in Sapienza to be a pain, especially given how few ways there are to actually accomplish that objective. The map is fantastic, a fact attested to by its reuse in so many elusive targets and side-missions. But (in my opinion at least) the main mission there is a bit of a letdown compared to Paris. (Although there are some fantastic assassination possibilities in that mission, the golf-related ones being my favorite.)

• Options

This.

I work in real estate. I was in tears laughing, because he's dismal at it until that moment.

"Woah, did you read the police report or something?"
    "I dabble in forensic science."

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    It fascinates me how certain people just bounce off this game. To be fair, I was half expecting to bounce off it. I watched Cohh's thoughts on it, and he got 6 hours out of it and said it's not worth $60 for him.

I got more time out of the tutorial and the Paris mission than Cohh got out of the entire game.

And I wasn't even playing on the top difficulty, I can't imagine what that's like.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

I was under the impression that most people found the third required objective in Sapienza to be a pain, especially given how few ways there are to actually accomplish that objective. The map is fantastic, a fact attested to by its reuse in so many elusive targets and side-missions. But (in my opinion at least) the main mission there is a bit of a letdown compared to Paris. (Although there are some fantastic assassination possibilities in that mission, the golf-related ones being my favorite.)

Related to Sapienza in Hitman 2:
    Did the Lab dongle method to destroy the virus always cause nearby people to die and I did not notice or is that a new behavior?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

That's definitely part of it. Eventually you end up destroying the virus in one of the cheap ways that require little actual work, like
    shooting the virus with a sniper, or shooting the stalactite above the virus

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Did the Lab dongle method to destroy the virus always cause nearby people to die and I did not notice or is that a new behavior?

It doesn't for me.

• Options

It doesn't for me.

Sapienza Troubleshooting:
    Hmmm...I got a rash of non-target kill notifications late last night after using the dongle. I wonder it is just a timing thing since I did the lab first. Perhaps I need to stick with doing it last and exiting via seaplane.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

That's definitely part of it. Eventually you end up destroying the virus in one of the cheap ways that require little actual work, like
    shooting the virus with a sniper, or shooting the stalactite above the virus

D: I've never actually tried any of those ways.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Given that this was designed to be episodic with a month or so between each map, you're arguably playing it as intended.

Even after two years, I'm still finding things in the early maps that I didn't know were there:
    If you blend into the IAGO auction as 47, Dalia spots you and asks who you are.
    Then a new step gets added to her routine; after going to her private room, she'll go into the bathroom all on her own to call someone to do a background check on 'Tobias Rieper'.

This made getting her alone for the suit only challenge a lot easier, and was even funnier for me because Mr Rieper was naturally dressed as a clown.
    (Then I realised I could have just used the fireworks to shove her off the balcony which is about ten times easier.
    Meh.)
    Just the amount of dialog they have for various loops of their routine is still impressing me.

This particular one is frequently bugged, apparently. Dalia Margolis has a tendency to just stand in the hall after speaking to you, and then return to her original routine. I think the intention was some moment where you could confront her privately.

Oh well. No big deal, and I had still never used it before, so it's an improvement.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Got the first 20/20 done in Paris. I’m not sure if they altered the leveling requirements of if I’ve just gotten better at hitman, I didn’t even have to do the silent assassin challenge to max it out

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Well, all Hitman™ 2 levels done once, all but Miami as silent assassin suit only.
    And bloody hell that last map took forever.
    Mostly because i refused to use disguises, and had no idea what the target loops were, would be lot faster next time.

Think i'll take a bit of a break from the game, and come have fun with disguises later now that i no longer feel the need to avoid disguises (will do Miami later, much, much later).

• Options
    After two hours, I finally got SASO on Master Marrakesh.
    Zaydan was easy (once I remembered where the sleeping waiter was, I could just poison his food five minutes in advance), but the consulate was a real pain.
    One time I thought I had it, only for a guard to show up five minutes later and find a body. I finally worked out that he was the guy who forgot to leave his card and goes back to drop it off. I didn't know he got triggered if I did n't overhear him.
    Now I'm scared to look it up on youtube, because I just know that someone will have found some foolproof method to do the whole thing in five minutes.

But after working my way to Stranberg one carefully lured and hidden body at a time, it was incredibly cathartic to follow that up by shooting him in the face from 150 meters away.

The Sniper challenges are sooo much easier with the briefcase.

(Is there any way to replace the supply-drop briefcase with the fancy ones I unlocked?)

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I've not done it on Master but my method is as follows:
    poison/waiter for Zaydan, easy as you say.

Go over the wall in the consulate, cut left into the door there, nip through the garage, pick up a mine on the way past the truck thing, chuck it at the electronic locked door. (or bring a breaching charge), sneak back from the door there to where the 2 sentries are by an apc and pick up a screwdriver. Blow the door and wait for things to settle down, which should be pretty quick. Upstairs, go all the way up and cut left into the storage room on the top floor, use the vacuum to draw the guard off the balcony. If you want to be extra careful, do the same for the guard that patrols up the stairs, might need to use a throwable to get him in the room. Go on the balcony, quickly break the lamp there with the screwdriver. Then the tricky bit, you'll need to get to the A/V room and turn the lights on. At that point you can make your exit back down stairs, through the garage and over the wall.

I think it took ~7minutes or so.

I got to 20 on Miami so on to Colombia. Which is very different! I think I'll move on at mastery 10 or so now, but I wanted to get Miami fully unlocked because Sean Bean cannot escape.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm really glad they went through and added some new stuff to the old maps. The briefcase in Paris has saved my hide more than once. Super easy to get too
    it's on the 2nd floor near entrance of the building, left side if you walk in through the main entrance

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I've not done it on Master but my method is as follows:
    poison/waiter for Zaydan, easy as you say.

Go over the wall in the consulate, cut left into the door there, nip through the garage, pick up a mine on the way past the truck thing, chuck it at the electronic locked door. (or bring a breaching charge), sneak back from the door there to where the 2 sentries are by an apc and pick up a screwdriver. Blow the door and wait for things to settle down, which should be pretty quick. Upstairs, go all the way up and cut left into the storage room on the top floor, use the vacuum to draw the guard off the balcony. If you want to be extra careful, do the same for the guard that patrols up the stairs, might need to use a throwable to get him in the room. Go on the balcony, quickly break the lamp there with the screwdriver. Then the tricky bit, you'll need to get to the A/V room and turn the lights on. At that point you can make your exit back down stairs, through the garage and over the wall.

I think it took ~7minutes or so.

I got to 20 on Miami so on to Colombia. Which is very different! I think I'll move on at mastery 10 or so now, but I wanted to get Miami fully unlocked because Sean Bean cannot escape.
    That was mostly my method, but 'nipping through the garage' was a lot harder, as a few new guards need to be taken out so they don't spot you, so you have to take out the guards who would spot those guards, and so on.
    Same principle, but a lot slower.
    Oh, and they added more guards to the balcony and the control booth.
    With totally perfect timing I probably could have gotten in, hit the lights and gotten out before he patrols back, but I was fifteen minutes past my only save, so I figured I'd take out the guard in the booth.
    Then when someone came to check out the electrocuted fraudster, they spotted him through the window.

Anyway, all done now, time for Bangkok, which promises to be frustrating.

klemming on
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Well all the new missions completed and next job to rank up all the mastery and get down to some of the classics.

I've had a whole bunch of laughs with this installment.

• Options
    Didn't they move/remove the security tapes in one part of Bangkok because it was trivially easy? But of course now it's much harder.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Didn't they move/remove the security tapes in one part of Bangkok because it was trivially easy? But of course now it's much harder.
    It's no longer at the front of the security office? Did they move it to the middle of the room?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Was it always set up that disabling one security thing killed all the cameras in the level?
    Master Sapienza was much easier when I realised I could just kill all their cameras from the church basement.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That's been the case for a long time yeah, I don't know if there's a technical reason to not have multiple security zones, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it's tied to the whole outfit compromising system etc.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    It would make the levels infinitely more complicated and less fun.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    edit: Whoops, double post.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Given their heavy presence in Sapienza, I just handwave it away as the target's security network includes the church.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I still want a Hitman game where NPCs, like the player, can trigger security lock downs and responses holistically. Right now, for the most part every guard in the game is only looking for 47, and only responsive to him, barring rare scripted events. It'd be awesome to be able to "naturally" generate circumstances where NPCs could serve as distractions or even false alarms aside from "Oh, here's a dead body. Better penalize the player and spend a few minutes dragging it to the security point."

• Options
    BlueshiftBlueshift Registered User regular
    Given their heavy presence in Sapienza, I just handwave it away as the target's security network includes the church.

Honestly the security network might only include the church on that particular day- when you follow the lab technician the guard says their team still need to investigate the corpse so it might just be they expanded their web while the corpse was in there.

• Options
    BlueshiftBlueshift Registered User regular
    The Sniper challenges are sooo much easier with the briefcase.

Late last night I thought 'screw it, ill just do the sniper assassin challenge in colorado before bed' only to find out they changed the weapons/costumes relationships now. So the briefcase does make some of the missions easier but I could only find one disguise on the map where I could even hold any sniper rifle without people freaking out on me. You have to be fast on that map and putting the rifle in/out of the case after every kill wasn't possible, at least for me. I was very late to bed.

• Options
    The new picture in picture stuff is fairly useful.

Last night I was doing an Opportunity that involves a submarine, and when they called the target to come down, he ran past a body I had choked out and left in a stairwell hours earlier and went into lockdown. I didn't fail the mission story but that dude was never going to come out, so I reloaded and went back to clear the stairway and did it again. In Season 1 you would have never known what happened.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The new picture in picture stuff is fairly useful.

Last night I was doing an Opportunity that involves a submarine, and when they called the target to come down, he ran past a body I had choked out and left in a stairwell hours earlier and went into lockdown. I didn't fail the mission story but that dude was never going to come out, so I reloaded and went back to clear the stairway and did it again. In Season 1 you would have never known what happened.

I did that last night
    "I can assure you that this is the fastest submarine I've worked on" is a great line

7qmGNt5.png