As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hitman]

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping that elusive targets are available as bonus missions when the game is done. Seems a shame to throw away so much content on a gimmick.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've only been able to do the last two. I would hooe they will do some kind of encore of the season or something to give people another chance.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I think the best solution would be to allow you to reset all of them as a group.

So that way you still get the tension of failure as you would then have to re-do all of them if you wanted a reset.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Or make it so you can only do one a day/week.

I like the tension of failure. I don't like how I feel a little sad I feel when I have done them and knowing I can't try them again ever.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'd rather they just implement them as "Extra Contracts" or something like that, and you can replay them as much as you want (Hitman is all about replayability, after all), they just wouldn't count towards the suit unlocks because they're not Elusive anymore.

Just set it up so that after a season ends, all of it's Elusive Targets return as replayable regular missions. Also maybe unlock some of their heist alterations for Contracts mode (ie. able to turn on that party in the garden area of Paris that one of the Elusive targets used).

This also preserves the tension since you'll only get one shot when it's Elusive and then have to wait a few months to replay it, plus the reward would stay exclusive to clearing Elusive Targets.

On another note, regarding getting electrocuted when messing with the power strip, not too long ago I found out that you can actually just shoot the power strip with a silenced weapon (provided nobody sees you do it) and that will set it off instead of having to go up to it and interact with it. A surprising amount of things in this game can be done simply by shooting the object instead of interacting with it.

• Options
    To be blunt fuck exclusive time locked rewards so hard I'd request a refund from them being in the game if I was aware of them when I brought in.

It's gross, manipulative garbage in online or free to play games. It's even worse that a single player ass game with a small content set is locking anything away behind that kind of wall.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    An Elusive Target, in one Youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaSrPaEx_M

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Something I learned during this elusive target: if you don't have a screwdriver, or can't sabotage electrical outlets without getting spotted, a bullet will do the job.
    I just shot the outlet in the water by the outside party from a distance, then coin-lured him into the puddle when he passed.
    As for finding the safe, he had a handy habit of reading his text messages out loud, so following him for a while told me where it was.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The latest elusive target was pretty fun.
    His loop was so long I was able to do the other part and get right up to an exit point by the time my proximity explosive killed him. Also the sheik disguise is godlike on that level, I could just go into the office with the safe and steal the egg without any trespassing.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    The latest elusive target was pretty fun.
    His loop was so long I was able to do the other part and get right up to an exit point by the time my proximity explosive killed him. Also the sheik disguise is godlike on that level, I could just go into the office with the safe and steal the egg without any trespassing.
    The sheik could just take it? I went in as a security guard, and I was allowed to unlock the safe (I found the key in the office while I was searching around), but couldn't grab the egg without alerting them, so I just lured them away.

I do get what they're trying to do with them, but I would like to go back these targets and try some other ways. Maybe they could just say the first time is the only one that counts for the leaderboard or something.

I'll be sad if these targets are all lost forever. There's a fair amount of work that's gone into them, and I know I'm missing a lot of each targets possibilities.

In other news, I cleared up the last of the challenges for The Icon.
    I was left with just the 'killing by headshot' one to go, which was touch considering he was wearing body armor. I ended up throwing subtlety out the window, and sniped him from the tower until he went down.
    (I also set up a couple of proximity explosives on the stairs, which definitely bought me time to escape out a window)

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    In other news, I cleared up the last of the challenges for The Icon.
    I was left with just the 'killing by headshot' one to go, which was touch considering he was wearing body armor. I ended up throwing subtlety out the window, and sniped him from the tower until he went down.
    (I also set up a couple of proximity explosives on the stairs, which definitely bought me time to escape out a window)
    For the assassination challenges that say "a target," you can actually fulfill them by playing contracts on the same map (instead of the same mission). In the case of the headshot, finding a contract of someone not in bulletproof armor proved helpful to me.

My favorite challenge in "The Icon" though?
    Silent Assassin, Suit Only, which surprised me, because those can typically be a little tedious.
    But lockpicking my way into the tower basement, opening the door out onto the set and tossing a coin off the walls inside the tower to lure/subdue the security man, waiting for one of the SFX guys to leave so I could climb into Dino's trailer, grabbing the battleaxe and hiding in the closet to wait for Dino... et cetera was a light, breezy affair!

• Options
    One night in Bankok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JZlOYfVj4

...should be available now.

Reportedly, one of the challenge rewards is...
    ...a silenced shotgun?

• Options
    Did one run on Bangkok.

It's alright map, very similar to Paris in how it plays, but I think I like it a little more.

• Options
    Only did the one run, but I think I'm going to wish there were more ways between the two wings of the hotel.
    Of course, there may be ways I couldn't see. Time to do some exploring.
    Still, I was careful and would have gotten SA if I could have found the security tapes to wipe them.
    I lured the singer with a recording of him murdering his girlfriend (just sitting in a chair in the shadows with a gun trained on him just felt right, you know?), and killed the lawyer by taking him on a guided tour of his suite, then helping him make a very close examination of his toilet. He seemed satisfied. I mean, he never said a word of complaint.

• Options
    I mean the hotel is split into two main wings, each holding a target, generally cordoned off by security. It's not Marrakesh but it's close. Much more difficult to get around than i was expecting.

Did dig that ending cutscene, though. Seems like story is finally ramping up, which makes me wonder if we're actually getting an ending or if they roll right onto season 2 and 3.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I mean the hotel is split into two main wings, each holding a target, generally cordoned off by security. It's not Marrakesh but it's close. Much more difficult to get around than i was expecting.

Did dig that ending cutscene, though. Seems like story is finally ramping up, which makes me wonder if we're actually getting an ending or if they roll right onto season 2 and 3.

I would expect them to wrap up the cutscene stories with this season, maybe throw a little cliffhanger teaser onto the end for a season 2.

edit: just some thinking on these single building maps has me really hoping that usa or japan map will just be a single 20 story office tower.

Foomy on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    One night in Bankok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JZlOYfVj4

...should be available now.

Reportedly, one of the challenge rewards is...
    ...a silenced shotgun?

I'm getting a strong Jared Leto/30 Seconds to Mars vibe off that guy.

• Options
    Found the security booth.
    It was behind the hotel. I found this out after checking every single room inside the hotel.
    Now the search for rat poison begins...

• Options
    I brought my recently unlocked lethal poison vial with me to Bangkok but it was basically completely useless because it was a crowded hotel and I couldn't have people dropping dead right in front of people.

There also weren't a ton of body hiding bins, nor random garbage laying about to pick up and throw at people. I need random bricks and statue heads, people!

I watched this today too and holy shit was it amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXJM_KJDc8

The best parts are when
    The actress who voices Diana seems to have the smoothest run, maybe because she knows how this is supposed to go. She tells him to hide in the box, where the other Youtubers end up getting him killed because they're playing it like an action movie at times.

One Youtuber accidentally pushes the statue over onto someone else instead of the target, which is such a Hitman thing to do.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I brought my recently unlocked lethal poison vial with me to Bangkok but it was basically completely useless because it was a crowded hotel and I couldn't have people dropping dead right in front of people.

There also weren't a ton of body hiding bins, nor random garbage laying about to pick up and throw at people. I need random bricks and statue heads, people!

I think someone dropping dead of poison still counts as an accidental kill, so their body being found doesn't count against Silent Assassin. I'm sure that's true for the lethal injection, and I assume it applies to poisoned food as well.
    And I found a fair amount of throwable junk in the area they'd taken over for a recording studio. Go in as hotel staff and you can pick up a half dozen discarded soda cans, enough to bean anyone you want.

The relative scarceness of hiding spots makes me a little more wary about knocking people out for disguises, too.
    I ordered room service for my room, then two staff came in. I knocked out the guy when he went to clean the bed, but couldn't find anywhere to hide him. Then the woman headed that way, so I knocked her out too. Then a third guy came in - I guess he was the one I actually called for - so I was left with three bodies I just had to leave in the bedroom and hope no-one else would stumble across.

• Options
    I found a few sodas, but that was sort of it. Maybe it was my disguise but walking around the recording studio area wasn't a good idea because everyone was going to notice me.
    It was actually a problem because I was supposed to sneak up to the studio with the faulty mic, but security wouldn't let me in dressed as a Class crew member. I had to sneak from one wing to the other, then grab a bodyguard outfit, then go upstairs and THEN knock out another crew member and steal their outfit. Very silly, considering there are crew guys hanging out at the bar with the drummer waiting to go upstairs. Crew for the band should be able to go to the studio.

I'm upset there's an entire hotel and you can't blend in or hide in the shower or the bathtub, and you can't disguise yourself in a towel or a bathrobe.

I was climbing a pipe with a sniper rifle on my back, and someone alerted the guards and they burst into my room. This is a hotel! Why are they bursting into my room? And again, why couldn't I hide in the massive tub or pretend I was in the shower or something?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I found sodas, a pool ball, and a few crowbars, screwdrivers and knives/letter openers, as well as a handful of coins lying around.
    It's not as packed with junk as Marrakesh, but there's still enough unless you're really going on a spree.
    I haven't found any locked doors yet. Is there a need to bring a lockpick along?

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    How does the new job compare to the previous ones? Is it as good? Is it comparable to any of the previous ones? And are the opportunities fun?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    I'm still learning my way around it, but I'd compare it to Paris. It's one large location with some surrounding areas, rather than the town/facility mixes of Sapienza and Marrakesh. I've only done one opportunity each, but they were pretty good. One was pretty hand-holdy (at least because I think I'd already done some of the setup for it while just wandering around), but the other was a little more tricky to pull off. A few objectives that were just 'get this from this person' without telling you exactly how to get the jump on them.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I found sodas, a pool ball, and a few crowbars, screwdrivers and knives/letter openers, as well as a handful of coins lying around.
    It's not as packed with junk as Marrakesh, but there's still enough unless you're really going on a spree.
    I haven't found any locked doors yet. Is there a need to bring a lockpick along?

From what I've seen so far, most of the doors in this place are keycard locked, so a lockpick is useless. But maybe the basement has regular non hotel doors?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Like in previous maps, a proper disguise allows you to mess with food or drink without raising suspicion.

This meshes well with a certain opportunity.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Okay, I found something that makes getting around the level way easier. And searching the grounds I have tons of hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and soda. It's a proper Hitman level now.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Playing through Bangkok again, finding some things that are either bugs or quirks of Hitman.

For example, people won't drink their poison unless you are watching them do it. I put two rat poisons in a glass and waited in a closet for 5 minutes before I realized no one was coming. Stood near the person and they immediately drank it. I had to book it to the bathroom so I could choke them.

I thought Hitman was all about complex, or at least far reaching, AI loops and whatnot. But it seems like this time, they need to fix some stuff.

More specifically, another issue I had.
    So I knocked out the lady manager (she's the person who wouldn't drink poison I mentioned above) and got the recording, then played it in Cross' laptop. I had intel that said Cross didn't drink anymore, but would if he was sufficiently agitated and that he was already on a short fuse. He had a big freakout, I didn't shoot him to see where it would go, and then he just went back on his loop. He didn't drink anything. I even tried to figure out what would agitate him, so I silently shot the voltage box in the studio. I figured maybe it would shock him or something and he'd get pissed off. But it never happened. I eventually reloaded my save during his freakout and shot him. It's very boring, but it got me a challenge.

Also when Cross and I had a private conversation on the roof, two of his goons not only followed us even though Cross said he wanted to be alone, they phased and clipped into Cross' body on the railing, making shoving him nigh impossible. I mean, I did it, but then during the cutscene of Cross falling I died because his guards shot me to death.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    It's not all vision based, but sometimes you have to 'start' a particular AI behaviour by doing something. I think it's intended so it's harder to miss specific opportunities.
    In Sapienza, shooting the observatory control box will suddenly prompt Silvio to head there, and so on.
    My favourite is setting General Zayden up to be poisoned with something that takes 5/10 minutes to kick in.
    My best timing was where I electrocuted Strandberg at the same time as the general ate his poison.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    At times I wish we got the Blood Money cutscene frames where it showed something happening somewhere else that was relevant. I'd like to be able to at least see my target dying, for the satisfaction.

A lot of times, you set up a thing and then you book it to an exit and right before you leave you get the notice that the target is down. Clean kills are often the least satisfying.

Poison is one of those things where I wouldn't mind not being in the room when they keel over.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    I vaguely recall reading at some point that the way the game handles AI is that all NPCs (except mission targets and those related to certain opportunities) have their behavior set to idle if you can't see them, in order to save memory.

I don't know how true that is, since NPCs can still stumble upon bodies when you're across the map and such, but maybe following their normal patrols is still considered "idle" and it's only the specific actions (ie. eating, drinking, starting conversations, etc.) that are turned off. Or maybe whoever posted that was just wrong, I don't know.

• Options
    Yeah, there's definitely a bug with these bodyguards.
    I keep reloading, trying to see if I can get these bodyguards to stop standing right next to us when we're having a private convo. I saw a Youtube video earlier where they do what they are supposed to do and stand far away, but for me they keep standing right next to Cross and clipping into him, doing the same railing lean animation he does for the "push him off the roof" opportunity.

Gonna try to figure out how to unbreak the AI. Maybe rub up against the guards for a bit, then garrote the shit out of these people.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A small spoiler for people who looked for this a long time like me.
    How to get into room 207:
    There are at least 2 master keycards. The more accessible one is in the basement. Guard outfits can pick them up without raising suspicion.
    There is another one in one of the rooms being cleaned, but I found it after a lot of wandering and don't remember which room it was.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A small spoiler for people who looked for this a long time like me.
    How to get into room 207:
    There are at least 2 master keycards. The more accessible one is in the basement. Guard outfits can pick them up without raising suspicion.
    There is another one in one of the rooms being cleaned, but I found it after a lot of wandering and don't remember which room it was.
    I'm pretty sure I found one in a security office. First floor up on the band's side of the building, I think.

• Options
    I mean, I actually found a key to Room 207.
    I thought at first I got it when I was blending in at the bar and a lady told me to meet her in Room 207. I figured she gave me her room key cause she wanted some from 47, but then in a different playthrough, I think the key is just sitting on top of the bar. So that's also another way to get in.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Just so that nobody misses it, there is an Elusive Target this weekend. It's in Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbhUnFG0PWA

• Options
    So in keeping with relevant news stories, I killed the latest Elusive Target with an exploding Galaxy Note 7 cell phone

Of course, her bodyguard picked it up, but then he stood next to her while answering it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Colorado releases in half an hour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYqwFmv6U44

Bit disappointed that Bangkok was so close to Paris (albeit more interesting thematically and aesthetically), but this looks very interesting.

Kinda sad that the next level (Japan) will be the last. It finally feels like the weapon and tool count is about where it should be, and the core game feels like a solid foundation for a lot more Hitmanning.

Suriko on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Last for this season, they already stated they have 2 more seasons planned.