Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

178101213100

Posts

  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Why is that showing me being quoted posting that big dag?

    Anyway, here's a feathery friend I met today:
    fft7zq0r5czg.jpg

    Her name is Sora. She's my castle's new falcon!

    The curve of her beak and feather patterns on her head make her look very worried about something.

    Also I love the phrase "She's my castle's new falcon!"

    OmnipotentBagel on
    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    JayKaospimentoSkeithJacques L'HommeCalicaMr FuzzbuttNightDragonMadEddycabsyGonmunZilla360Andy JoeSlacker71
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Nah we don't know. She didn't eat anything weird (that we know of) yesterday and the last thing she had was a treat around 9pm, then threw up around 730am today. It looked like it was mostly bile.

    The third time she threw up was after we got back from the park. That was bile and grass. She didn't have to go up and vomit on the bed, but she did anyway!

    She was acting fine today and was running around with dogs in the park for a while (both before and after the third puking), so I think she just had an upset tummy.

    Hey hey this is not at all in order to freak you out or anything but be sure that it's not ehrlichia or anything - she hasn't gotten any ticks at all, right? Just given your area of residence and the fact that my poor puppers got it and it made him vomit regularly for like a week, I'm super paranoid. In his case he got it from a tick bite even though he was on tick medicine, and it made him sick for a week, but they track his white blood cell count now once a year just to make sure there aren't lasting side effects. Vomiting is most common but it can apparently also cause seizures and death. :( :(

    MY PUPPY IS GOING TO DIE?!

  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    LANNER FALCON! HELLO BIRDIE!

  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

    Yeah, picked up some earplugs earlier today. Also bought him some toys he can interact with by himself like catnip balls and plastic balls with a fake mouse inside.

    Hopefully he'll entertain himself at night and leave us be at bedtime. Also read that trying to tire him out before bed is a good way to give him attention without feeling him left starved.

    Definitely play before bed to tucker him out. One good thing is a motorized light toy, those will keep him occupied.

    charliesexy1_zpsy4nxg5nk.jpg

    PSN: krayven1980
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    cr0w wrote: »
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

    Yeah, picked up some earplugs earlier today. Also bought him some toys he can interact with by himself like catnip balls and plastic balls with a fake mouse inside.

    Hopefully he'll entertain himself at night and leave us be at bedtime. Also read that trying to tire him out before bed is a good way to give him attention without feeling him left starved.

    Definitely play before bed to tucker him out. One good thing is a motorized light toy, those will keep him occupied.

    or chasing and mauling peasants

  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Why is that showing me being quoted posting that big dag?

    Anyway, here's a feathery friend I met today:
    fft7zq0r5czg.jpg

    Her name is Sora. She's my castle's new falcon!

    The curve of her beak and feather patterns on her head make her look very worried about something.

    Also I love the phrase "She's my castle's new falcon!"

    Out of the many perks of working at a castle, the best are saying sentences that include the phrase "my castle's X" or "I'll be at the castle".

    OmnipotentBagelJacques L'HommeMadEddyZilla360
  • chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    How is your castle's X?

    New out of context sig?
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I like to take pictures of my cat when he is yawning or sticking out his tongue.

    3urfMo0.jpg?1

    h6w0Boo.jpg?1

    camo_sig2-400.png
    3DS: 1178-0499-1778
    chromdomOne Thousand CablesCimmeriiOmnipotentBagelSkeithintropMadEddyMagic PinkAngelinaGizzyJacques L'HommeZilla360HeadCreepsAndy JoeSlacker71
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    My cat's newest favorite trick is to slip under my desk when I'm not paying attention, sit on the subwoofer and bite my knee.

    My new favorite way of sitting at my desk is with my legs at a 90 degree angle from my torso.

    Cats. Such loving jerks.

    steam_sig.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    My husband and I made the mistake of looking at kittens during an adoption event at PetSmart. One of the kittens grabbed me through the cage and wouldn't let go, meowing his little head off so adorably. And once I had been smitten, my husband insisted that we couldn't just leave his adorable little sister alone. Now these two are running around our house.

    epb16Vy.png

    The tortoiseshell is Shae, and her brother is ZonZon.

    Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    One Thousand CablesNightDragonMagic PinkJeixPsykomaI ZimbrapimentoMadEddychromdomchrishallett83David_TMaddocCalicavalhalla130IronKnuckle's GhostDead LegendOmnipotentBagelAnialosTankHammerUsagiAlexandierfightinfilipinoNaphtaliASimPersonturtleantAngelinalonelyahavaSkeithCimmeriiRainfallcabsyGonmunGizzyJacques L'Hommewebguy20Zilla360azith28JoeUserAndy JoeintropbalerbowerSheriSlacker71Transporterpooka
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    My wife and I are trying to resist the urge to adopt a kitten!

    This thread is not helping!

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Sassori
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    We were at a petsmart and got talked into fostering one whose foster mum was moving. And she turned out to be a super cool cat so we just kept her! Do ittt.

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If you adopt a kitten you can tickle its little kitten belly

    Speed Racer on
    SageinaRageMagic PinkturtleantlonelyahavaCimmeriiRainfallZilla360MadEddyEmerlmaster999Slacker71
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    My wife and I are trying to resist the urge to adopt a kitten!

    This thread is not helping!

    Resist the urge! Adopt a dog!
    1002254_352740641521682_317160021_n.jpg?oh=9117159d039c55eea9db7c2b730bad15&oe=5623FEBE

    chromdompimentoSkeithNightDragonvalhalla130GonmunSlacker71
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Housesitting my brother's Chocolate Lab, Lexi. Cool. I can dig it. Been doing it on and off for years.

    Few months ago they get a new puppy, Koda. Ok, he's a rascal but they still crate him at night so house sitting isn't that bad, just got to make sure he doesn't chew on things he shouldn't.

    Last week they got a third chocolate lab, 4~ years old for free from a military family moving. Daisy. She's a bit freaked out at the new environment, and isn't used to eating dog food after getting fat off getting human food hand outs.

    I house sat a few days ago: I'm here now please stop jumping at me I only have two arms to pet the three of you. Yes Lexi I'll throw this toy for you to fetch. Ok stop being depressed that Koda always catches it before you. Daisy please stop staring at my panda express you're not getting any. Koda I'm trying to watch my animes please stop chewing on my arm. Daisy stop howling you're new to the house you have to sleep in the crate. Fine Daisy I know you were lonely last night so I'll leave the bathroom door open while I shower. Why is there toilet paper trailing out the bathroom all the way to the kitchen Koda please stop eating toilet paper.

    Three dogs is too many dogs

    What's that? You're considering breeding in a few years? I'm leaving the state.

    edit- no one really cares about stories this thread is about adorable pets
    Lexi and Koda
    RiIWxcg.jpg
    PDiSlta.jpg

    Daisy
    ZE5dMS3.jpg

    Koda sitting on Lexi's head.
    hzrbLJd.jpg

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    turtleantlonelyahavaSkeithNightDragonSassoricabsyGonmunJacques L'HommeMadEddyAndy JoeSatanIsMyMotorSlacker71
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Housesitting my brother's Chocolate Lab, Lexi. Cool. I can dig it. Been doing it on and off for years.

    Few months ago they get a new puppy, Koda. Ok, he's a rascal but they still crate him at night so house sitting isn't that bad, just got to make sure he doesn't chew on things he shouldn't.

    Last week they got a third chocolate lab, 4~ years old for free from a military family moving. Daisy. She's a bit freaked out at the new environment, and isn't used to eating dog food after getting fat off getting human food hand outs.

    I house sat a few days ago: I'm here now please stop jumping at me I only have two arms to pet the three of you. Yes Lexi I'll throw this toy for you to fetch. Ok stop being depressed that Koda always catches it before you. Daisy please stop staring at my panda express you're not getting any. Koda I'm trying to watch my animes please stop chewing on my arm. Daisy stop howling you're new to the house you have to sleep in the crate. Fine Daisy I know you were lonely last night so I'll leave the bathroom door open while I shower. Why is there toilet paper trailing out the bathroom all the way to the kitchen Koda please stop eating toilet paper.

    Three dogs is too many dogs

    What's that? You're considering breeding in a few years? I'm leaving the state.

    My cousin adopted a pitt mix with psoriasis and diabetes named Koda. He only grew fur on like a third of his body and his body didn't grow to normal size, so he had huge puppy feet his whole life. He only made it to 4, but he was a super awesome dog.

    I know, totally off topic (kind of) but it just reminded me of that dog.

  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    My wife and I are trying to resist the urge to adopt a kitten!

    This thread is not helping!

    Resist the urge! Adopt a dog!
    1002254_352740641521682_317160021_n.jpg?oh=9117159d039c55eea9db7c2b730bad15&oe=5623FEBE

    I agreed to her terms, kitten first, then dog

    And I refuse to get a dog without having a space large enough, looking to rent a house after this apartment lease is up in September.

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Housesitting my brother's Chocolate Lab, Lexi. Cool. I can dig it. Been doing it on and off for years.

    Few months ago they get a new puppy, Koda. Ok, he's a rascal but they still crate him at night so house sitting isn't that bad, just got to make sure he doesn't chew on things he shouldn't.

    Last week they got a third chocolate lab, 4~ years old for free from a military family moving. Daisy. She's a bit freaked out at the new environment, and isn't used to eating dog food after getting fat off getting human food hand outs.

    I house sat a few days ago: I'm here now please stop jumping at me I only have two arms to pet the three of you. Yes Lexi I'll throw this toy for you to fetch. Ok stop being depressed that Koda always catches it before you. Daisy please stop staring at my panda express you're not getting any. Koda I'm trying to watch my animes please stop chewing on my arm. Daisy stop howling you're new to the house you have to sleep in the crate. Fine Daisy I know you were lonely last night so I'll leave the bathroom door open while I shower. Why is there toilet paper trailing out the bathroom all the way to the kitchen Koda please stop eating toilet paper.

    Three dogs is too many dogs

    What's that? You're considering breeding in a few years? I'm leaving the state.

    My cousin adopted a pitt mix with psoriasis and diabetes named Koda. He only grew fur on like a third of his body and his body didn't grow to normal size, so he had huge puppy feet his whole life. He only made it to 4, but he was a super awesome dog.

    I know, totally off topic (kind of) but it just reminded me of that dog.

    Was this Koda also named after the amazing blockbuster Disney animation Brother Bear?

    jCyyTSo.png
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My wife and I are trying to resist the urge to adopt a kitten!

    This thread is not helping!

    The Boyfriend was anti-cat when we met and I found it was because they had a monster of a cat when he was a really little kid. Through our relationship he has learned that there are snuggly cats as well as crazy cats. (Sometimes they are the same cat.) What he likes about dogs so much is the snuggling and companionship and he just assumed you could never get that from a cat.

    We were at a Petco a couple weeks ago and this beautiful ginger cat was chilling out looking to be adopted. He tentatively stuck his fingers in the window after watching it snuggle all up against my hand. The cat licked his finger before rubbing all over his hand.


    The look of utter devastation and want was probably the cutest look I have ever seen on my boyfriend's face. He would have gone back and adopted that cat if someone else hadn't already claimed it.

    Magic PinkCimmeriiCalicachromdomKaplarAngelinaDead LegendGizzyJacques L'HommeMadEddyUsagiintropSkeith
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Pictures of furry friends, I can do this.

    My 7 year old adopted chow/something mix, Smokey.

    b032peF.jpg


    Smokey exploring the great outdoors near a local reservoir.

    GABeOD8.jpg


    Smokey doing what he loves to do best, lounge around at the top of the staircase.

    h97bRh7.jpg


    Bonus picture one - my wife's friend's sister's mini red merle aussie - Luna. Beautiful dog.

    oelwzKm.jpg


    Bonus picture two - my friend's two Shibas, Bear and Fuji. (I heard you like doges?)

    RrkLjpW.jpg

    edit: not Akitas!

    Constrictor on
    Magic PinkchromdomOmnipotentBagelJayKaosSassoricabsyKaplarVegemyteNightDragonAngelinaGonmunturtleantASimPersonJacques L'HommepimentoCimmeriiZilla360MadEddyHeadCreepsAndy JoeintropSkeithSheriSlacker71
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Smokey is soooo cuuuute

    Those eyes!

    Luna on the other hand is adorable but looks like she's seen some shit.

    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    chromdomMagic PinkConstrictorSassoriAnialosjgeisKaplarAlbino BunnyNightDragonAngelinacabsyturtleantCalicaASimPersonJacques L'HommepimentoZilla360MadEddyUsagitynicAndy JoeSkeithSlacker71pooka
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure those are Shibas, not Akitas

    AnialosConstrictorcabsyASimPersonAndy Joe
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    The left could be like a runt Akita, not very fluffy fur. My husky is like that, super sleek instead of fluffed up like his sister.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure those are Shibas, not Akitas

    Yeah, no way those are Akitas. Much bigger, different head structure, plus you wouldn't put two Akitas in a small space together like that.

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    It appears I no longer own a corgi but a big brown jelly bean.

    x2yfJjV.jpg

    NightDragonchromdomSassoriConstrictorAngelinaOmnipotentBagelGonmunOne Thousand CablesturtleantKaplarASimPersonJacques L'HommepimentoTankHammerZilla360MadEddychrishallett83HeadCreepsUsagiSkeith
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure those are Shibas, not Akitas

    Yes, I misspoke. They are Shibas.

    Geth
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Sev, what are you doing?

    WAPXmhY.jpg

    No, no Sev, stop it.
    L7osTs4.jpg

    Dammit, Sev.
    GeagcCL.jpg

    Magic PinkNightDragonchromdomSnicketysnickAlbino BunnyAngelinaConstrictorOmnipotentBagelGonmunOne Thousand CablesKaplarfightinfilipinoASimPersonJacques L'HommepimentoTankHammerZilla360VegemyteUsagiAndy JoeintropSkeithpooka
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Vegemyte wrote: »
    It appears I no longer own a corgi but a big brown jelly bean.

    I always forget how big corgi bodies are. Their little legs are deceiving!

  • calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

    ASimPersonMadEddyVegemytechrishallett83SassoriUsagi
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    @Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

    how do you feel about half-corgs with big old fuzzy tails?

    2EbMJcz.jpg

    cabsyturtleantConstrictorKaplarOmnipotentBagelASimPersonJacques L'HommeDead LegendAngelinaMadEddyVegemyteNightDragonintropSkeithSheriSlacker71
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    The kitten is very cute, and was quite calm on the ride home

    Now it is a paranoid sneak thief

    I can only hope the two times I've managed to place him in the litter box it recalls where it is when it has to go


    Sadly during his gallivanting around he has struck his head numerous times on the chair frames

    Pictures will be up soon

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    RainfallMadEddylonelyahava
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Wade sleeps in the laundry from time to time.

    ug5QKCJ.jpg

    He also super hates some commercials


    He has begun to do this with the Parks and Rec theme as well. And Mr. Bag. And Flo from Progressive.

    AnialosASimPersonJacques L'HommeDead LegendpimentoLost SalientPikaPuffZilla360MadEddyVegemyteNightDragonintropSkeithConstrictorSlacker71
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... ... and hard.Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

    and and and his name is BIGGIE SMALLS

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    VegemyteUsagi
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Docshifty How old is your puppy oh my god I'm dying of cute

    Also Haechi hates dancing

    He's basically John Lithgow's character from Footloose

    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    tynic
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    @Docshifty How old is your puppy oh my god I'm dying of cute

    Also Haechi hates dancing

    He's basically John Lithgow's character from Footloose
    They're 9 months now. They were so tiny when we first got them

    cY2XQkH.jpg

    The new house doesn't have central air, just a few window ACs. The dogs get super hot and end up sleeping in front of it.
    Z2KFuz0.jpg
    E9f8kr4.jpg

    Sev still likes to sleep under the coffee table
    lrOY4Ji.jpg

    And then, three seconds later she fell.

    Z6H6KGG.jpg


    Jacques L'HommechromdomAnialosLost SalientturtleantMadEddyAlbino BunnyASimPersonpimentoVegemyteMagic PinkHeadCreepsOmnipotentBagelNightDragonNaphtalivalhalla130UsagiAngelinaintropSkeithShericabsypooka
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    i died and am now dead.

    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    pimentoVegemyteMadEddyUsagi
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    i died and am now dead.

    No worries, Sev will smile you back to life.

    10686709_968193319867091_1212176212749828852_n.jpg?oh=51c3d0633263a6c6d7484523fba766f4&oe=55A7A49A

    turtleantRainfallchromdomMadEddyAnialosJacques L'HommeAlbino BunnyEmerlmaster999ASimPersonpimentofightinfilipinoVegemyteMagic Pinkchrishallett83KaplarOmnipotentBagelNightDragonNaphtalivalhalla130UsagiAndy JoeintropSkeithConstrictor
  • chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    Zev saved Lost Salient, but killed me.

    It's an endless cycle.

    New out of context sig?
    NightDragon
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    chromdom wrote: »
    Zev saved Lost Salient, but killed me.

    It's an endless cycle.

    11164573_1010024729017283_3483576437866115726_n.jpg?oh=9b8e2b4837f0752ab50fe5d6cd16d48f&oe=56112D95

    "Please wake up, it's so lonely here."

    Docshifty on
    ASimPersonAnialosVegemyteMadEddyHeadCreepschromdomSassoriOmnipotentBagelturtleantUsagiAngelinaintropSkeithSlacker71
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    So we have two dogs now....

    15xs7cn.jpg
    This is Kuma. He's 12 now. He''s the oldest of old men when he wants something, and he's the youngest of puppy's when he chooses;.


    2pzy79k.jpg
    This is Zoe. She is allllmost 2 kind of ish in a few months. She keeps Kuma Young.



    Though sometimes.

    sometimes.

    Kuma rubs off on her

    2jg6x48.jpg

    ASimPersonpimentofightinfilipinoVegemyteMadEddychromdomKaplarOne Thousand CablesOmnipotentBagelturtleantNightDragonAngelinaintropSkeithShericabsy
This discussion has been closed.