As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I want to get Lola a raincoat. Maybe shoes for when it snows.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kona comes with her own fur coat. Putting clothes on her seems redundant.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Bodhi has a snood, 4 bow ties, 3 bandanas, 1 raincoat, 1 light coat and 1 warm cuddly coat.

I still need to get him a warm walking coat.

This is honestly one of the biggest reasons living in the tropics sucks

I have no excuse to dress my dog up fancy outside of nice bandanas and collar bling

Ori needs a raincoat!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    lnf7xz5qgbjk.jpg

Speaking of handsome dogs in clothes.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Bodhi has a snood, 4 bow ties, 3 bandanas, 1 raincoat, 1 light coat and 1 warm cuddly coat.

I have no excuse to dress my dog up fancy outside of nice bandanas and collar bling

Ori needs a raincoat!

And a Lando Calrissian costume!

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    doggo saga continues:

We've had her for two months now. Last night I started her first training class. She didn't come to the first class. It's called "Relaxed Rover" and it's for anxious dogs. Because hoo boy, she still is. She's improving outside - most of the time. If we go to the park or other outdoor places she's nervous but for the most part doesn't bark or freak out anymore. It's only when we're inside...oh, anywhere, but especially in my house. She barks at EVERY sound. She barks at EVERY stranger approaching or coming into the house. When she's at the vet or the dog daycare place she barks at the people or other dogs. She barks at people on TV or at her own reflection in the TV. Sigh. So homework this week is to determine a hierarchy of treat values and teach her to touch my hand with her nose and look when we say her name. Then we bring her next week and it's a really small class and the dogs will be walled off from each other by barriers humans can see over but hopefully dogs can't. I hope this helps.

The other problem is despite the fact that she spends most of the time with a person in the house (mostly me) and we take her out to go many, many times per day, she's still going in one particular corner of our house. It has really ramped up the last couple of days. Despite witnessing her do her business outside multiple times per day she has now pooped three times over there and peed I don't know how many times, just in the last three days, like she's holding some back specifically to do that. And we're counting and realizing almost every time she's had an accident in the house it's been in that area. We wonder if the previous owners had a dog who used to go over there and it was cleaned up well enough that WE couldn't see or smell anything but the dog can. It's pretty distressing actually. I bought this Nature's Miracle Advanced stuff but honestly I have very little faith in it actually working. I had a cat once who for some reason liked to pee on our futon. WE TRIED EVERYTHING and she never really stopped. We had a plastic waterproof cover under the couch cover and the couch cover was machine washable and had been washed multiple times. We got new cats over a year after she died and the new cats wanted to pee there! It didn't stop completely until we replaced the mattress AND the cover - the cover that had been laundered several times. We were planning to replace the floors in this house, but, you know, in a couple of years. We absolutely cannot afford to do it now. This sucks.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Nature's Miracle is actually really fucking amazing at removing the proteins that cause dogs and cats to continue soiling the same spot because it smells like a bathroom area.

Find something big and bulky and put it in that spot, and after you take her out, follow her around for a few minutes and then take her back out again to see if you can't get her to realize that going to the bathroom in the house isn't going to work anymore.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Ori needs a raincoat!

Yeah she has one, but she absolutely hates the rain so it doesn't get used much.

• Options
    But we got her a frisbee the other day and look at this goof

https://youtu.be/IuN0NKR-WvQ

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Bhodi had his first proper walk in his raincoat as it is a non-stop drizzle right now.

He had a blast!

30716591_10155859815852025_9154535578094534656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2c82ece588e29c2f7b7ec0cec949dcef&oe=5B51A081

30728243_10155859889042025_2243886572665569280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1f5690f0cab636e90adcc0e3e2ee7103&oe=5B66AF8E

Most importantly, he is happy to take a dump while wearing it, so the walk was 100% a success.

• Options
    One of the important intangibles of any dog clothing is the willingness/ability for the dogger to poop and pee while wearing it. We used to have a really cool winter coat for Rex, but it was a bit long on him and it basically meant when he peed he would end up pissing all over the belly of the coat. Super not fun to clean that up.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    why are greyhounds so adorable while wearing outfits?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FYI - The Adidog hoodie doesn't have that issue, and it's suuuuuuper soft and comfy, and really warm, AND it was super cheap. I highly recommend it (on Amazon) for anyone who needs a decent, simple dog warming garment.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    why are greyhounds so adorable while wearing outfits?

I don't know, but for the first 20 minutes of the walk I was giggling to myself.

• Options
    Well I went out for coffee with a friend tonight (everyone else was home, the dog was not alone) and come home to find the dog peed right in the middle of the area I sprayed with nature's miracle. We sprayed it again. We'll put more chairs and things around and over it. But my confidence in this product is even lower now.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    I have usually known that stuff to work really well.

Although, I have known a couple of animals that viewed it as little more than a challenge.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    So chic.

So French.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    So chic.

So French.

cdf62cee6285c4887bf3efa464be9b91.jpg

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Man, I can't dress Luke up at all. He mats too easily. We don't even do collars because the matting gets so bad. (He's chipped.)

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    We just trim the poodles less in winter. A bit of light rain is OK, but if they get proper wet they take ages to dry. The groomerist who comes around and does them does a preliminary clipping before the wash, otherwise even with his blower it takes too long to dry them before the main clip.

• Options
    My mom came back from a business trip and Lola just up and pees in front of her the second she walked in.
    She's only done that once before way back when we first got her. Its always just for my mom

Its a little hurtful tbh. When I came back from vacation she didnt even pretend to pee.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    G4QSNEX.jpg?1

These two babies were sitting in the parking lot of my apartment complex when I came home tonight, so I gave them some food. Normally I'd try to lure them into a carrier, but all the shelters are closed and I can't keep them inside with me because Gurney, my cat, is on meds that compromise his immune response.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Luke's starting to act more like a dog than a puppy. Tonight he clearly was not interested in going out in the freezing rain/snow to pee, needed his go-potty command, and clearly expected me to pick him up and carry him home when he finally did his business. The outdoors aren't new and exciting anymore. He's jaded and has weather preferences. He's growing up.

He's a year and a half. I know that's normal. Most of the "puppy" traits he's losing were annoying. The need to play three hours a day, scream-barking whenever we were separated, needing to be held for over an hour each day, his strong drive to find and shred dirty laundry, his indifference to cold wet weather, and his inability to walk on a leash without throwing a tantrum and pulling the whole time. That's mostly gone.

The cute puppy stuff- being cuddly, loving hugs, loving every human and animal he meets, being shy/scared around new things unless I pet them and say they're good things, loving playtime, and that thing where he rolls on his back and bats toys with his paws- that seems to be staying.

I should be thrilled, but I'm actually kinda sad.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Bodhi went to the vet today. He got dressed up cuz he really wanted to make a good impression on such a crisp fall day.

2avz92ni7hsk.jpeg

zddutwhw088d.jpeg

pii6xoroii8e.jpeg

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What a snoot!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Feathery... Not a companion? My son took the dog outside yesterday and found her trying to sniff something in the bushes and found this little one out of the nest. Unfortunately we never found its nest, but we called our vet who gave us a number to another vet who gave us a number to a bird rehabilitator about 25 minutes from us who said she'd take care of it. My son named it Athena before we left. The bird is apparently a Carolina wren and had no apparent broken bones or injuries, so no idea how it left the nest too soon, but she expected the bird do fine. Phew. I'm glad we found this bird lady because I am in no way equipped to take care of birds and my son really loves animals and I know he would have been heartbroken if it had died.
    4p3o3ynsk8fz.jpeg

edit: holy heck that's a bigger image than I thought so I put it behind a spoiler. I need something on my phone that will resize images.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Mila is a very jealous dog. If Sophie tries to hop up on the couch or recliner with me - Mila is suddenly very interested in also being there but also on top of me because she loves me best and whoops did that push Sophie off the couch?

I’m trying to give the dogs equal attention while I’m dog sitting this weekend, but it is not always easy.

Mila seems offended by this idea.

ulhvdh8qj126.jpeg

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Alma had an amazing day yesterday that unfortunately I missed because I was at work. It was a beautiful day out - perfect weather and sun in the NE of England (not necessarily a common happenstance)

My wife took Alma to a nearby nature reserve/park with Alma's BEST FRIEND EVER Fred. They are obsessed with each other. They cry when they get separated. I cannot emphasize how much they love each other.

wsnfll2p2bvd.jpg
    x6udhlkw6o3g.jpg
    j3lv4509cd5k.jpg

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Took the triple tri trio of terrific trouble for a trot Tuesday. This strategically cropped "Cerberus" photo was worth the wrangling.

iwjza6ku2pu4.jpg

On the left is Ticket, the middle annoyed one is Shae, and Wulfric is on the right.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    We got Alma a kiddie pool for the 4 days of summer we got here in the UK :)

ic6s0ppomjhe.jpg
    g8308c4m3v7o.jpg
    n645hfvm3n1h.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mabel got rejected from every doggie grooming salon in the city the other day. "A Bernese? On a Friday afternoon? How about fuck off." seemed to be the general sentiment.

Poor raggedy muppet.

v8z9ptib8pk7.jpg

• Options
    She seems very shaken up about it

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Completely frantic. Just look at her.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    that poor baby, she needs to be petted.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    The travelling dogsm'n that comes around to do the poodles was once scheduled to come at 5pm to start them. I queried this several times as it's a 3 hour job (now that he does the basic clip before washing so they don't take 2 hours to dry) but they insisted, so..

He was late, and was very tired at 9:00pm when he finished up. Also not very happy with his missus who scheduled them. Now he books them in himself, for an 8:30am start.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I made the mistake of sending my wife to get cat food on a day when they were doing cat adoptions.

Anyway, this is Bruce, who will likely be joining our family soon.

?bust=1524126879

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    G'Day Bruce

(Sorry Australians)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Please refer to him as Master Bruce.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I made the mistake of sending my wife to get cat food on a day when they were doing cat adoptions.

Anyway, this is Bruce, who will likely be joining our family soon.

?bust=1524126879

This is why my mother-in-law had to start ordering her cat food on Amazon. I think she made it up to like 7 cats total at one point.

minor incident on
This discussion has been closed.