As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    yea, not a good way to start the day. I feel bad, I had waited tell the sealant had soaked into the wood like your supposed to, to make sure no pets got on it, but maybe there was still a wet spot or puddle I missed and he got into it? The stuff tastes and smells bad, but maybe he was chased across it and it ended up on his paws and he licked it off? bah.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Crossposting from elsewhere:

This is Baron Humbert Snugglepants Von Mowzer (of the Fluffybut Mowzers)

jUs11Tv1

0rZqg2I8

He is huge.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That cat is all "You shall die for these belly rubs!"

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Oh my god

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    My girlfriend knit a festive hat for our cat. He kind of hates it.

8MbgCXk.jpg
    GwJjfYI.jpg
    ZHt2pFi.jpg

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    There are two kittens that have made base camp in a hollow tree in the yard

I'm looking at trapping then and taking them to animal care services. If they're not feral then trying to adopt them out. I dunno.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    I have been doing massive cleaning in our house, and also had the carpet cleaned. For safety the bird was boarded at the place we got her from. (Birds are super sensitive to airborne chemicals) This place closes rather early so I was not able to pick her up today. I keep thinking I need to check on her or wonder why she isn't on her perch, or wanting to grab her so she can ride on my shoulder while I do things.

She had a very concerned ALERT! cheep when she was dropped off.

Will pick her up tomorrow but I miss her ):

*Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    "Throw the damn ball"

tq65akekm2mf.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Have to leave him in a dog pension today, as I'm leaving on a vacation in London - absolutely hate it.

8l4kjczon7qd.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    My Dad's dogs moved over with me today, I'll have them for the next few weeks (until I head over for PAXAus).

The brown one has stopped being freaked out at me, we're good mates again. Weirdo.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It is hard to be a dog.

Zs7F9e2l.jpg

It is hard and no one understands.

AKOQYGAl.jpg

Please leave your hand there.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    c6Mr2qs.jpg?1

zryTAG0.jpg?1

wH9KRYO.jpg?1

Oh yeah, we got a dog! His name is Kanji because we're big persona nerds

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So a few months ago I noticed my motion light coming on a lot at night and after peeking every now and then I finally saw there was a stray cat poking around the house and sleeping on our cars sometimes

I went out and set some food down and he bolted but later I found the bowl empty, so I kept putting some food out at night (he never showed up during the day)

Over time he got closer, I would set the bowl down and he wouldn't bolt but kept his distance until I went inside before going to the bowl. Once I set it down and stayed outside on the driveway but backed up until he felt safe enough to eat and then I shimmied over on my belly over several minutes to him until I was about a foot away, and then he backed off. Finally it got to him sitting in front of my door at night and I'd put the bowl down and he would eat with me right there, but if I touched him he'd flinch and back off a few feet, and then go back to eat.

And then finally one night he let me pet him for real! This went on for a week and I decided it was time to make sure he was healthy. I needed to take him to the vet to have him checked out and neutered but I was worried how he'd handle it being a stray that I had to build trust with over months. The other problem was he only showed up at night meaning I would have to keep him around until morning to take him. So finally one night I came out, he ran up expecting food, I pet him some and then picked him up and put him in the garage and gave him food. He was scared obviously, but he handled it pretty well. I managed to get him in a carrier in the morning and bring him to the vet. They said he's a healthy dude and is about two years old. So he got some shots and he's gonna get his balls cut off soon, but he's been a great sport about the whole thing and so now I guess Marston is my new buddy
    dv0r7zyykkws.jpg

Aaaand at the same time, my kitty I've had for four years seemed to get a UTI, so I took him to the vet a couple weeks ago, they checked him out and gave him some pills and I thought that was that, it seemed to go away once all the pills were gone. But then a couple days ago he showed the same symptoms so I took him back in today and it could be more than just a UTI since it came back and they may have to do additional tests and I'm worried for my buddy and my wallet because damn these vet visits are expensive. Here is my sick buddy Ramses :(
    zzxu6cc67sbj.jpg

It has been a stressful kitty time recently

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    they are both so dang cute

And sorry for Ramses, my older cat Cedric gets UTIs all the time and they are hella expensive. Make sure he's never stressed and keep his food low protein and high acid (if you aren't already).

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Here is a shitty quality image of my cat licking her butt! Enjoy!
    Cat.jpg
    And yes, her name is Cat. Or Sweety/Kitty for short. She's about ten or eleven (can't be sure) and spoiled rotten.

Gundi on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    One of the cats I'm taking care of right now gets UTI's so frequently that he's on prescription food for it, we have to get all their food from the vet.

sig.gif
  • Options
    One of the cats I'm taking care of right now gets UTI's so frequently that he's on prescription food for it, we have to get all their food from the vet.

Mine is too. There's three type of urine crystals that cats can develop and my cat gets all three. So he's on special foods so he doesn't get blockages (which he does, frequently).

Also some more hints: lots of water bowls! And don't put the water bowls near the food bowls or the litter boxes! It's weird but it works.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

And sorry for Ramses, my older cat Cedric gets UTIs all the time and they are hella expensive. Make sure he's never stressed and keep his food low protein and high acid (if you aren't already).

Thanks for the tips/insight/empathy

Just got him home, turns out he has a stone in his bladder, and it is too big to pass so they're gonna have to do surgery to get it out, my poor dude!

And yeah they gave us some food for him that will lessen the chances of it developing again. It will be interesting because I have other cats and Ramses is a fat cat so I will have to figure out how to feed everyone appropriately!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Thanks for the tips/insight/empathy

Just got him home, turns out he has a stone in his bladder, and it is too big to pass so they're gonna have to do surgery to get it out, my poor dude!

And yeah they gave us some food for him that will lessen the chances of it developing again. It will be interesting because I have other cats and Ramses is a fat cat so I will have to figure out how to feed everyone appropriately!

screw that just give them all the same; they'll be fine. My cats were super tubs but they have a new low calorie food for cats with urinary issues now, Royal Canin Urinary SO

i know it sounds like an anime but it's not

• Options
    That is what they gave me in fact

They said that it is a lower calorie version of urinary issue food, but overall is still higher calorie than normal kitty food

The problem is making sure he doesn't eat all of the other cats' food, even if I feed them the same stuff, because he needs to lose some weight (he is 16 pounds)

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular

Mine is too. There's three type of urine crystals that cats can develop and my cat gets all three. So he's on special foods so he doesn't get blockages (which he does, frequently).

Also some more hints: lots of water bowls! And don't put the water bowls near the food bowls or the litter boxes! It's weird but it works.

I recently got them one of those fountains, to try to stop the other cat from wanting to drink out of the faucet so much. It seems to work pretty well.

Also, this is like reading my diary. The other cat I've got is a big orange bowling ball, and so they both eat that same Urinary SO food, but Moderate Calorie since the big one will eat endlessly given the chance.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Taking my cat to the vet Friday. One of her ears has gotten reddish and really sensitive and she swipes whenever it's touched. Hope the old girl is going to be ok.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Fuck me, there are three kittens holed up in their tree fort.

I thought trapping two would be interesting, three will be a challenge

They're already poking their heads out as soon as I refill water and food though, even if I'm a few feet outside the perimeter of their wall

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    A brief history of dogs that have been in my life.
    This was Kai, the Swiss Shepherd.
    vXbX46kl.jpg
    I got him when he was aged around 8, from a friend who's situation had changed and she couldn't keep him any more - he was being left alone most of the day, had separation anxiety (pretty common with the breed - they're amazingly loyal and attached to their humans) and her neighbours were complaining about him howling occasionally. He was super smart and very well trained, though I was a bit slack about keeping it up. He was also very shy around new adults - when I first started visiting his owner, it was a good 6 months before he'd come within arms length for me to pat him without his being held and reassured by his owner, and that put me in a very select group of people - which is how I ended up with him.
    He rarely barked (never without reason), dropped hair absolutely everywhere constantly, loved kids, and once knocked a glass sliding door out of it's runners to protect 'his' kids when their dad was yelling at them. He also got me through a tough breakup.
    Early last year he was 11 years old, and started getting a bit unsteady on his back legs occasionally. The vet couldn't see anything, it didn't bother him (he'd just crabwalk a little if he clipped the door on the way through) so we didn't worry too much. Around the middle of last year he started deteriorating fast, sometimes struggling to stand up or hold steady on my slippery(ish) wooden floors. I got some carpet offcuts to help, but it was all downhill from there and before long he was hardly moving around. When I got up one morning to find him lying in his own mess looking at me with big sad eyes saying he thought he'd done the wrong thing by not being able to get outside (with the vet still unable to offer a diagnosis besides maybe arthritis) I knew it was time to say goodbye. Toughest thing I've ever had to do.

This is Marvin.
    BibmwBjl.jpg
    He's my partner's brother's dog, who he kept when he was brought into his vet clinic. He'd been found in some uncleared land just off a walking trail, locked in a bird cage on a 42 degree celsius day and was starved almost to death. It was two weeks of solid care before he could stand without assistance. Somehow, despite this, he's filled with so much love for everyone he meets.
    This photo is probably more showing of his true nature.
    opYvdFgl.jpg
    We dogsat him for 3 weeks a couple of months ago, and have him again for a week at the moment.

But the reason I've come to this thread is my partner and I have just applied to adopt a greyhound - it'll probably be an ex-racer but we don't know yet. We're super excited, and just waiting on the association that rehomes them to find us the right one. I've actually fostered one temporarily about 3 years ago while I had Kai and she had such a sweet nature it was hard to let her go - this is Stella finding a new way to cool off after a walk.
    eatwxKMl.jpg

So yeah, can't wait!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Very cool! I'm also thinking about adopting a greyhound, probably next year

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    There are a lot of misconceptions about greyhounds and it's a shame. Up until recently here in Australia they had to be muzzled whenever they were in public, so people thought they were vicious or snappy. Now there's an assessment you can get done on the dog to get a special green collar for them and a card to say they are fine. The stupid thing about it is that the main reason they wear muzzles when they are racing is that they've got thin skin and hardly any body fat so if they tumble it's pretty easy for them to damage each other.

The other idea people have is that they need tons of exercise, when they are definitely sprinters and not built for endurance - half an hour of walking a day and then they're perfectly happy to lounge around for the rest of it!

Apparently the group that rehomes them is pretty busy at the moment which is great news!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    My step brother has a rescue greyhound, he's an absolutely lovely dog. Mostly just lays about and is just totally chill about the world.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    My mom wants to get a rescue greyhound after our current dog kicks the bucket, they seem like cool dogs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Greyhounds are chillaxed as fuck.

• Options
    Brought my and my girlfriend's cat to the vet yesterday. Mine just had an ear infection as suspected so that's not a huge deal. Gave us a prescription for stuff to rub in her ears. Hers needed bloodwork so fingers crossed that her lab results come out ok.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Puppy doesn't like having to wait upstairs while we move stuff into our new house

12072589_10207848803523001_6449518957639937498_n.jpg?oh=f7937631619297329de23add219c972d&oe=56C32659

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Bit of a, um, gap there.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Bit of a, um, gap there.

that's so he knows the dog isn't going to get lit while he's in there.

Can't even fool them by shoving a towel under there.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Bit of a, um, gap there.

The door's from 1926. They had to eat part of it during the Great Depression.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    perhaps that floor was originally carpeted

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

With what, astroturf?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Puppy doesn't like having to wait upstairs while we move stuff into our new house

12072589_10207848803523001_6449518957639937498_n.jpg?oh=f7937631619297329de23add219c972d&oe=56C32659

It's a good thing you got a dog an not a cat.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

No, still has the original hardwood. But, like I said, the house is from 1926, so over the years I'm sure it made sense at some point

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I've seen lots of old houses with door gaps like that. Some of it could be because the house settled, and the door was removed, then needed to be cut differently to fit back in.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    My girlfriend and I brought our cats to the vet Friday. Got cream for my cat's ear infection and had to get blood work for hers. Turns out there's a problem with her thyroid. Here's to hoping the meds work.

My cat:
    20150428_195802_zps8s6cjlzd.jpg

Hers:
    20141101_081215_zpsuszjiigx.jpg

This discussion has been closed.