As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Two dogs on a couch
    aIgfoZK.jpg?1

Two dogs looking down the stairs
    I8WzDUF.jpg?1

Two dogs in separate rooms
    PGJeQtg.jpg?1

And here's a cat playing fetch

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ragdolls?

Maine Coons! They're both girls, but they're going to be HUGE. Both the parents are massive, apparently.

Didgeridoo on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    maine coons are in fact several cats taped together to produce a sizably larger cat

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    @Care Free Bomb

What kind of dogs are those?

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    They're both goldendoodles, unfortunately recently shaved so they're not quite as cute as they could be

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
    All right pet thread, I'm putting out a call for help. We have a stable of names we have at the ready for the orange girl which we will pull from once we have a chance to see her personality.

We're having a devil of a time coming up with names for the other girl. Any ideas? We want to build up a list to choose from once we actually get her home.

All the pics we have of her under the spoiler:
    ys26priyh79k.jpg
    gf04ypl3k4fw.jpg
    dyozc635kzqc.jpg

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Bramblepelt

godmode wrote: »
    Bramblepelt

GET OUT

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    do you want them to be close to the other names? Or to sound good together? Acadia? since they're Maine coons?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'd say name her Tubman after Harriet Tubman, but just Tubman ends up being a bit too masculine-sounding, so maybe Tubgirl is better?

Boots.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Olivia Mewton-John

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Bodicea

Marjory

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    All right pet thread, I'm putting out a call for help. We have a stable of names we have at the ready for the orange girl which we will pull from once we have a chance to see her personality.

We're having a devil of a time coming up with names for the other girl. Any ideas? We want to build up a list to choose from once we actually get her home.

ys26priyh79k.jpg
    gf04ypl3k4fw.jpg
    dyozc635kzqc.jpg

Abigail. Dunno why but it feels right.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

It has to be Keanu. Like she is nigh identical to the kitten from the movie

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Cute dag, my only issue with Collies is they get such loud high pitch barks going D:

My wife and I used to have a Rough Collie round every day to play with our Choco Lab, the barks would leave a ringing in my ears D:

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Some of them do, for sure. We've had some shrill dags through the house, but her half-brother has a pretty normal bark.

Sleepy puppers:
    JRSRruHl.jpg

UnbrokenEva on
  • caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    My fatass of a dog likes to park his behind on the armrest of the couch

ntgxdcezrn4x.jpeg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
    Well I heard him bark once and I didn't let him in, and fireworks must have spooked him and now there's a hole in my heart in the shape of Seymour.

Drove around for a couple of hours but it's the middle of the night and we can't see much. Maybe I'll wake up and he'll be scratching at the front door. Stranger things have happened, right?

Now to cry myself to sleep for being a failure of a dog owner and hope he shows up tomorrow.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You'll find him asleep on the doorstep next to like 3 empty 40s and a couple of floozy dogs and he'll just be like, "Moon, man, I had the craziest night." and then you'll let him in and make him breakfast and all will be forgiven.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You'll find him asleep on the doorstep next to like 3 empty 40s and a couple of floozy dogs and he'll just be like, "Moon, man, I had the craziest night." and then you'll let him in and make him breakfast and all will be forgiven.

I wish I could believe that

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Moon, i hope your doggie comes home soon. don't beat yourself up too much.

tortie Maine Coon kitten: Abigail is pretty good, but i will throw in Molly.
    also.. Opal, Pearl
    The Mighty Monarch
    Polymnia because her face puts me in mind of a butterfly mask
    Maple/Mabel (Maplecakes)
    Olive

Molly, Pol(l)y.. mnia. Oleeve..

she looks sweet but with some stout dignity, so an old-fashioned name seems a good start.

lfchwLd.jpg
    We had puppies born Tuesday night!

3 little boys, two blue merles and one tricolour.

https://youtu.be/Z-bMcc-Neo8

So sleepy

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Im bored at work and looking at local shelters to pass the time. About 90% of the dogs are pits. You can probably guess the story behind almost every one of them.

So frustrating.

Docshifty wrote: »
    Im bored at work and looking at local shelters to pass the time. About 90% of the dogs are pits. You can probably guess the story behind almost every one of them.

So frustrating.

When my mom and I were looking to adopt a couple dogs in Seattle back in like, 1996, local shelters had tons of pits but literally weren't allowed to adopt them out to anyone. We found at least 10 dogs that we adored that we would have loved to adopt, but some dog racists wouldn't let us get one. We ended up finding a couple sister chow/blue heeler pups at a shelter in Portland that we absolutely adored, but it broke my heart knowing most shelters in Seattle had 80% pitties and they were basically just holding them long enough to...bleh.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

So frustrating.

When my mom and I were looking to adopt a couple dogs in Seattle back in like, 1996, local shelters had tons of pits but literally weren't allowed to adopt them out to anyone. We found at least 10 dogs that we adored that we would have loved to adopt, but some dog racists wouldn't let us get one. We ended up finding a couple sister chow/blue heeler pups at a shelter in Portland that we absolutely adored, but it broke my heart knowing most shelters in Seattle had 80% pitties and they were basically just holding them long enough to...bleh.

It never hurts to contact pit rescue programs. Sometimes they can "transfer" dogs instead of adopting them

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    xltXMRkl.jpg

edited June 2016
    pooka wrote: »
    Moon, i hope your doggie comes home soon. don't beat yourself up too much.

tortie Maine Coon kitten: Abigail is pretty good, but i will throw in Molly.
    also.. Opal, Pearl
    The Mighty Monarch
    Polymnia because her face puts me in mind of a butterfly mask
    Maple/Mabel (Maplecakes)
    Olive

Molly, Pol(l)y.. mnia. Oleeve..

she looks sweet but with some stout dignity, so an old-fashioned name seems a good start.

Ah I forgot that I posted the kittens in the snugglehug thread with updated names, but not here! Those are all great names, but we ended up going with Tiramisu (Missy for short) and Marmalade for the orange one (ostensibly "Lady" for short, but we usually end up calling her "Marm"

gm96ebit16pe.jpg

pm1cn877g6y5.jpg

Edit: also the tortie looks as though she'd be dignified, but she is the goofiest cat in the world. She is absolutely a sweetheart though, I don't think I've ever had such a friendly cat before!

Didgeridoo on
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    They are gorgeous

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I just found out my cat really likes getting bathed with these cat wipes I bought for her.

Also @DaMoonRulz I hope you find your doggo safe and happy.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I moved in with my fiancé a few months ago and we've combined cats with mixed results.

He has two boys, Odin and Gremlin, who get along just fine.
    I have one girl Ginger - who has accepted Gremlin. But she HATES Odin :( and Odin is obsessed with picking on her.

Ginger and Gremlin being good helpers:
    ul2k6vrjdvs6.jpg

Odin being a bum:
    x5ig8bohubep.jpg

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    jspoa55fkz5s.jpeg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So a friend of Mrs. Chillas has a kitten and is moving to Japan. He has to give up the kitten and we were considering adopting her, despite the fact we weren't really planning on getting a second cat until we moved to a house, and definitely weren't planning on a kitten

So we set this thing up and we're gonna make a 5 hour trip to get this kitten, and then he finds her another home. Thats great! Its actually better for everyone

Except that now we both are really into the idea of getting a little brother or sister for Beanie

So um

Meet HT, short for Half-Tail (sorry her nubbin is not in the picture)

Trying to think of another name but honestly I kinda like it. Any ideas?

mz8annej0weo.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    KH: short for Kimberly Hart

3basnids3lf9.jpg

IS THAT A NINETEEN-HUNDRED DOLLAR CAT?!?!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So a friend of Mrs. Chillas has a kitten and is moving to Japan. He has to give up the kitten and we were considering adopting her, despite the fact we weren't really planning on getting a second cat until we moved to a house, and definitely weren't planning on a kitten

So we set this thing up and we're gonna make a 5 hour trip to get this kitten, and then he finds her another home. Thats great! Its actually better for everyone

Except that now we both are really into the idea of getting a little brother or sister for Beanie

So um

Meet HT, short for Half-Tail (sorry her nubbin is not in the picture)

Trying to think of another name but honestly I kinda like it. Any ideas?

mz8annej0weo.jpg

"Hattie".

Or you could do a theme thing and name her "stocking" or "skullcap"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Name it DollaDollaBillz

Gizzy wrote: »

Odin being a bum:
    x5ig8bohubep.jpg

warning: your cat is a dracula

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Beanie is named after Beans, the food, but I like this idea

haha no

The vet found these cats and hand nursed them

That's the rescue cost the vet itemized so they can claim it as some kind of charity on taxes, they're covering it

Our adoption fee was 75 bucks

I do not have 1900 dollars

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Beanie is named after Beans, the food, but I like this idea

haha no

The vet found these cats and hand nursed them

That's the rescue cost the vet itemized so they can claim it as some kind of charity on taxes, they're covering it

Our adoption fee was 75 bucks

I do not have 1900 dollars

but do you have dollars from 1900

This discussion has been closed.