As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

here is a 15 minute gameplay snippet of second entry in The Banner Saga

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    So far I've added Transistor, Walking Dead Season 2, and Rayman Origins to my collection of games I have not and probably will never play library. This is good, because Arkham Knight comes out in a few days and I preordered it, so I definitely need more games.

Typing this out it makes no sense, but when adding things to my cart it does.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    upLYNX, my Boston Lockdown character, is trying out to be the next Jetstream Sam

look at this fucking smarmy expression

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    she also uses a katana and -

fuck, I'm probably gonna go for it

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What was the general verdict on Life Is Strange? Definitely worth $15?

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What was the general verdict on Life Is Strange? Definitely worth $15?

I might be the wrong person to answer this since I adore the game.

I got hooked after watching a few minutes of a Let's Play. Might be worth to check one out and see if you like the mood (you will) and gameplay.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I bought Trials: Fusion yesterday and I think I broke my hand because my right trigger finger won't unclench.

Also, I am sad that I have to make it look like butt on my desktop so I can play it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    turtleant wrote: »
    Allrighty, I'll hold out just in case then. Thank ya!

It's worth it even if the discount is tiny let alone if there was none. If you're a fan of metroid it's quite possibly the best attempt at capturing that in 2d form from a company not named Nintendo. Possibly even better than their now old attempts at sequels and remakes. It is derivative at first glance but it's incredibly original and also a refinement of the genre in my humble opinion. The only complaint I have regarding it is that it isn't longer. I've put over 20 hours into it and am close to 100% after having beaten the final boss and I still want more.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh Origin sale, right

I suppose I will get Sims 4 for $40, they're never going to make it less than 50% off.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Allrighty, I'll hold out just in case then. Thank ya!

It's worth it even if the discount is tiny let alone if there was none. If you're a fan of metroid it's quite possibly the best attempt at capturing that in 2d form from a company not named Nintendo. Possibly even better than their now old attempts at sequels and remakes. It is derivative at first glance but it's incredibly original and also a refinement of the genre in my humble opinion. The only complaint I have regarding it is that it isn't longer. I've put over 20 hours into it and am close to 100% after having beaten the final boss and I still want more.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely grabbing it after the sale if it doesn't get a discount.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Life is Strange is one of those games I'm fine with just experiencing through a Best Friends Let's Play

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

welp, time to try and finish up the first one

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    So since Origin also has a big sale every time Steam does, I picked up FIFA 15. Had a small sound bug but fixed it easily enough. Game plays great.
    Thanks for the tip! I should probably get Mass Effect 3 and put an ending to a storyline I've put ~200 hours into.
    I was just wondering, ME3's had tons of dlc released doesn't it? The only one I can find on the origin store is the "From Ashes" one, and that as a feature of the digital deluxe edition... :/ They're not sold individually?

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

Can we get the video put in spoiler brackets? The preview image is a pretty huge thing for people that haven't finished the first game yet.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Life is Strange is one of those games I'm fine with just experiencing through a Best Friends Let's Play

Yeah that's the thing about Left for Dead, Game of Thrones, and all those story games. I will be interested in those game, watch a Let's Play, and then I don't feel a need to play through it on my own just to see what would happen if I made different choices, because the games always end up in the same place anyway.

As opposed to say, a Skyrim Let's Play, where I see what's going on but I want to explore and fight and cast spells myself. If you're billing your game on story alone, that's great. Hey, I bought Gone Home and like it!

But unfortunately, most story games I can watch just that story for free pretty easily and get much the same experience.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    So since Origin also has a big sale every time Steam does, I picked up FIFA 15. Had a small sound bug but fixed it easily enough. Game plays great.
    Thanks for the tip! I should probably get Mass Effect 3 and put an ending to a storyline I've put ~200 hours into.
    I was just wondering, ME3's had tons of dlc released doesn't it? The only one I can find on the origin store is the "From Ashes" one, and that as a feature of the digital deluxe edition... :/ They're not sold individually?
    Once you own it, if you go to the game's info tab, all the DLC will be listed, and you can buy it there. Or at least, buy the points to buy the DLC there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well I went ahead and got Boston Lockdown

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Once you own it, if you go to the game's info tab, all the DLC will be listed, and you can buy it there. Or at least, buy the points to buy the DLC there.

Thankfully, they got rid of the stupid Bioware Points thing before ME3 came out.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

Thankfully, they got rid of the stupid Bioware Points thing before ME3 came out.
    Ha ha.

AHAHAHAHA~!

I think you mean DA:I, because Mass Effect 3 is all about the funbux.

edit: Found it!
    Sorce wrote:
    I hate to say this, because I love the Mass Effect series (hell, I'm doing my 8th run through right now)... but it's not a very good deal if it doesn't include the DLC. And unfortunately, it probably never will.

DLC for Mass Effect 2 (only story/character stuff) will run you $31.
    DLC for Mass Effect 3 (only story/character stuff) will run you $50.

All DLC is only technically available on BioWare's store, which requires use of their funbux to purchase anything. The store itself sells blocks of funbux in $5, $7, $10, or $20; this means that if you use their store, you'll have to "overbuy" in funbux to get the amount you need. Now, there is gun/armor DLC that's cheap (a dollar or two) that you can use to fill up the amount, but that's kind of skeevy if you don't actually want that stuff.

The best way to get the DLC (or rather, the funbux for the DLC) is through Amazon. Despite what the page says, you don't actually buy the DLC there, but you buy a code for the amount of funbux the DLC costs. You then go to the BioWare store, input the code to redeem the funbux, and then you can buy the DLC.

edit2: At least the Multiplayer DLC is free.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Huh. I could've sworn they made the switch before that.

EA...

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Meeeh :[ Oh well, I'll check it out once picking it up then

• Options
    Also, I just want to say that the drone characters in Shadowrun make me really miss my Drone User from Neocron, and if you remember Neocron we are friends forever.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    @Veldrin got me Divinity: Original Sin! Thanks so much! :)

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »

Can we get the video put in spoiler brackets? The preview image is a pretty huge thing for people that haven't finished the first game yet.

Yeah, @WeedLordVegeta and @el_vicio, could you tuck the video in a spoiler, please? Gumpy's right.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Thank you @JoeUser and @Sir Fabulous for Freedom Planet and BattleBlock Theater respectively! Two games I was super interested in checking out but somehow totally forgot existed until now!

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Yeah, @WeedLordVegeta and @el_vicio, could you tuck the video in a spoiler, please? Gumpy's right.

Done. Although the preview image displays a guy flying away from a shockwave, no idea how that is a spoiler for anything?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Done. Although the preview image displays a guy flying away from a shockwave, no idea how that is a spoiler for anything?

The other video you quoted earlier this page

Though sweet shockwave related defenestrations are totally a spoiler for how Deus Ex is going to be a really good time

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I completed a 2000 science, 1.5million kerbal dollars mission in Kerbal Space Program last night

I orbited Duna (Mars), I rescued a kerbal from Ike (moon orbiting fake Mars), and a fuck load of science from the surface of ike

and had fuel to spare!

next challenge: mine an asteroid for fuel

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Dubh @Melding and @DaMoonRulz

I've played through Shadowrun Chronicles to about the half way/two thirds point on two characters. So some stuff:

1) In general you put Karma into mind, body and two weapons. As you can't make use of more actives than the two weapons you have equipped (though you do get the passives of other weapons if you've unlocked them) it's a waste of karma to spread it out.

2) In general I've found melee not fantastic, the game is very much based on alpha striking opponents in one turn and ranged weapons are really good at this (especially rifles) as well as having the distance and cover advantage to not get screwed when you can't kill off opponents in a round. If you're going melee I recommend pairing it with a more reliable weapon or one that provides good utility for the times you can't just yolo into a crowd of guys.

3) Armour isn't exactly what you'd usually think of armour as being. Rather than being a damage reduction like in most games it works like an extra health bar for a specific type of damage. So if you have 14 health and 10 physical amour you have 24 health in most fights (I have literally being hit with magic damage twice and tech damage never). Incidentally the background that gives you 5 physical armour and one less essence is really good.

4) Weird thing: Ability cooldowns are weapon dependent. So if you're a true fighter you can equip two swords and you now have two dashes to use.

5) As part of a balance patch you can only have two summonables at once. This was because rigger/summoner characters were apparently running roughshod over content. I'm not surprised but it's worth baring in mind that having tons of pet classes isn't ideal.

6) Summoners are god king of shit mountain. The bear has 15HP when you include his phys armour, spawns with a stun attack off cooldown and hits like a truck. It's like having a main tank for your group that you don't have to give a shit if it dies. Rifles are also pretty great.

7) Hackers are fun and put marks on dudes for bonus effects, also they don't need line of sight to attack, so I find them really enjoyable to play for pure coward reasons.

8) You can go back and change anything you want about your characters appearance except skin colour and gender whenver you want. Also all clothes are gender neutral:

994B3BA1E9220FB5FB0A3BCB393110F652A58891

3EF0133E7471999DDCF1CC555CBE71983038EC0C

Dapper elf chick is the best.

If you have any other questions or would like to play feel free to hit me up on steam. I actually really like the game. It's not very polished but what's there is really charming and enjoyable in co-op.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

The other video you quoted earlier this page

Though sweet shockwave related defenestrations are totally a spoiler for how Deus Ex is going to be a really good time

Ohhh, okay, right

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    How does co-op work in Shadowrun Chronicles

• Options
    New SOMA trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MN8gw6S4kM&feature=youtu.be

and again, I feel like I know less about the game now

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Grabbed Shovel Knight for $10 which seems like a good deal and the Back to the Future game for $5. $5 is a steal for what I've seen from this game already

• Options
    How does co-op work in Shadowrun Chronicles

The first acts missions (basically a tutorial thing) are two player co-op and the rest are four player. You basically just play Xcom together and when you've all taken your moves the turn ends. It's pretty simple. If you don't have enough dude bros then you can fill in with some hired hands.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Veldrin for Boston Lockdown! :D

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    meShnkE.png

SHOT IN THE HEART

AND @Zen Vulgarity IS TO BLAME

YOU GAVE ME

A STEAM GAME

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2015
    @Dubh @Melding and @DaMoonRulz

I've played through Shadowrun Chronicles to about the half way/two thirds point on two characters. So some stuff:

1) In general you put Karma into mind, body and two weapons. As you can't make use of more actives than the two weapons you have equipped (though you do get the passives of other weapons if you've unlocked them) it's a waste of karma to spread it out.

2) In general I've found melee not fantastic, the game is very much based on alpha striking opponents in one turn and ranged weapons are really good at this (especially rifles) as well as having the distance and cover advantage to not get screwed when you can't kill off opponents in a round. If you're going melee I recommend pairing it with a more reliable weapon or one that provides good utility for the times you can't just yolo into a crowd of guys.

3) Armour isn't exactly what you'd usually think of armour as being. Rather than being a damage reduction like in most games it works like an extra health bar for a specific type of damage. So if you have 14 health and 10 physical amour you have 24 health in most fights (I have literally being hit with magic damage twice and tech damage never). Incidentally the background that gives you 5 physical armour and one less essence is really good.

4) Weird thing: Ability cooldowns are weapon dependent. So if you're a true fighter you can equip two swords and you now have two dashes to use.

5) As part of a balance patch you can only have two summonables at once. This was because rigger/summoner characters were apparently running roughshod over content. I'm not surprised but it's worth baring in mind that having tons of pet classes isn't ideal.

6) Summoners are god king of shit mountain. The bear has 15HP when you include his phys armour, spawns with a stun attack off cooldown and hits like a truck. It's like having a main tank for your group that you don't have to give a shit if it dies. Rifles are also pretty great.

7) Hackers are fun and put marks on dudes for bonus effects, also they don't need line of sight to attack, so I find them really enjoyable to play for pure coward reasons.

8) You can go back and change anything you want about your characters appearance except skin colour and gender whenver you want. Also all clothes are gender neutral:

Dapper elf chick is the best.

If you have any other questions or would like to play feel free to hit me up on steam. I actually really like the game. It's not very polished but what's there is really charming and enjoyable in co-op.

Picked this up as well;

#4 doesn't seem to be true anymore? At least not with shotguns. With 2 shotguns, blast shares a cooldown for both.

For co-op, unless you are on the same story line mission, only the party leader can turn it in. So make sure you have the farthest behind person leading so they can catch up and everyone gets paid. Otherwise you just get items you find in mission, and the mission karma for completing it.

Summons are also limited to 2 PER PARTY. So if you have two summoners, you either both get one summons, or whoever summons fastest gets 2.

From chatting with people in game, Dancer seems to be a pretty good general starting background. It gives you bonus to sprint and makes it harder for enemies to hit you.

The AI determines who to attack by who is easiest to hit. This means if you take a background that has +to be hit (Like ex sniper), you will be targeted more often.

Shotguns are pretty cool. Their 7th tier ability lets them auto reload after every basic shot, which is really useful since shotguns only get 2 shells per magazine.

Agreed with hackers being cool, I am probably going to make an alt who is a hacker with a different background.

e:
    If you aren't in a group and aren't a summoner. I really recommend taking either a rigger or shaman for the NPC's on missions. The pets really help.

Morkath on
  • Options
    I don't like rigger henchmen because if the drone dies they're useless due to only having one summon per mission.

Shame about double sword dash being gone, that was some fun utility to have. For the best though.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I want to buy games

But I impulse bought a WiiU

But grow home.....

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.