As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh man, I totally forgot that Stukov was in the game.
    On the other hand, I gave up on the story of Starcraft with WoL, so, I should not be surprised.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Okay, when Sir is Being Hunted, do not fuck with the cane-wielding, gigantic fucking Squire Creature.

Duly noted.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

Do you get a discount on Titans if you have PA in your steam account?

@Gumpy, yup! 66% off, which makes it $13.60 in American Bucks.

ace ace ace

Thanks for the info

It's such a good game too! Better than any other RTS I've played in years

Do we have any SE++ multiplayer community for it?

Because it's pretty great

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is free on steam today.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I assume because Soma, Frictional's new game, is coming out next week.

Edit: Also, everyone should try Amnesia.

BionicPenguin on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Also, everyone should try Amnesia.

I've played plenty of JRPGs, thank you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    stukov was in hots? are you sure?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would rather inflate my balls with cat blood than ever play Amnesia again.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I assume because Soma, Frictional's new game, is coming out next week.

Wuh? Already!? I was dead sure that was ~6 months away or something

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I think I did, but I can't remember.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Amnesia quit being scary to me after about an hour.

Turns out that game is a real chore to play if it can't keep you tense.

X22wmuF.jpg
    I mean, it's a really good game with a lot of great storytelling in it. After playing it for 20 hours with my roommate, while she studiously stared at the ceiling the entire game I can't take another minute of it.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think amnesia suffers from simple enemy AI where if you accidentally realize the trick, you can never fear another enemy in that game again

liEt3nH.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait, what is the trick?

I've never bothered to play Amnesia - I watched someone else play a bit of it once and it was really boring

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait, what is the trick?

I've never bothered to play Amnesia - I watched someone else play a bit of it once and it was really boring
    if you never look at them they almost never actually see you

liEt3nH.png
    It's almost impossible to make a scary game unless the audience is willing to buy in, so I don't blame them for that.

You also eventually figure out the clues that a monster's nearby without actually hearing or seeing it. I still really enjoyed the game, though.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    pre-ordered Afterbirth, don't usually do that, but for $6.66(ha!), it's a good deal

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Humble Bundle is Total War this week - pay anything gets Medieval 2 and Shogun, more than the average gets Medieval, Empire, and a coupon for Attilla, $15 gets Rome 2 and expansions.

Also scattered in there are points/early access for a free to play Total War game that apparently is being made?

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I also figured out the monsters after a while but I continued to really enjoy the narrative

And the initial phase when you don't really know how they work was fantastic

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    a contraption for oinks is better because it just dismisses the entire "you can die" thing but never actually tells you that

so when you encounter the monsters, you are still completely paranoid

also the narrative is better

JayKaos wrote: »
    Humble Bundle is Total War this week - pay anything gets Medieval 2 and Shogun, more than the average gets Medieval, Empire, and a coupon for Attilla, $15 gets Rome 2 and expansions.

Also scattered in there are points/early access for a free to play Total War game that apparently is being made?

It's a game in which every player commands a handful of units and forms an army together with other players

It's a bit like a MOBA in that it puts teams against each other but it otherwise plays like a Total War game

I'm personally fairly interested in it, I'm only worried about the free-to-play/monetisation aspect, CA has by now a pattern of releasing completely overpowered units as DLC for the other Total War games

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I should change my avatar

Yes

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    To what is the question

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

To what?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

To what?

That is the question

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The old dungeon in Amnesia is still the scariest thing I've ever played, by a hilarious margin. I noped on that for 6 months. It seems to bounce off a fair number of folks, but if that game works for you, it really works.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Amnesia's the only game that's even come close to scaring me. Not being able to defend yourself was a big part of that.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    babby me found certain dungeons in ocarina of time (forest temple, shadow temple, any dungeon with redead or wallmasters) and the shinra building after jenova gets out of its tank to be very effective horror

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    As someone who is playing Ocarina Of Time for the first time as a grown-ass man

ReDeads are the fucking worst

I didn't even know you could kill them because the first time one grabbed me I was like okay never going near YOU guys again

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    a contraption for oinks is better because it just dismisses the entire "you can die" thing but never actually tells you that

so when you encounter the monsters, you are still completely paranoid

also the narrative is better

The monsters actually can kill you, but they take so long to do it you pretty much have to let it happen.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Amnesia is the first game that convinced me that horror games media could scare me.

Maddoc on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    babby me found certain dungeons in ocarina of time (forest temple, shadow temple, any dungeon with redead or wallmasters) and the shinra building after jenova gets out of its tank to be very effective horror

Ugh wallmasters

I remember being scared of grundys castle in banjo kazooie I msde my brother run me to the levels

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    diablo 1 was a pretty scary game

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    diablo 1 was a pretty scary game

FRESH MEAT

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    People always talk about diablo 1 being scary but I tried playing it and it was mostly just ugly

though it probably didn't help that I wasn't 7 when I tried to play it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah a lot of these scary game experiences would have been way less scary if I had first played them now, or if I had experienced much other scary media before those. Another early horror element in a game I had played: the 2nd part of the desert zone in sonic and knuckles where the lights keep going out over time in the pyramid and the invincible ghosts come out and attack you if you don't relight them. That freaked me out pretty good when I was 10. The boo houses in mario world probably would have had a similar impact if I had had a SNES.

BahamutZERO.gif
    you could probably say the same thing about alone in the dark

The sun in Super Mario Bros. 3 scared me

This discussion has been closed.