Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    It's almost impossible to make a scary game unless the audience is willing to buy in, so I don't blame them for that.
    Yeah, I went pretty all-in and "roleplayed" through Amnesia. Hell, when I played through Doom 3 I did shit like crouch down next to dead people I found to "check their pulse"... :redface:

Doom 3 got more annoying to me than anything: It got to the point I could predict where an enemy would spawn in behind me and walk past that point, then turn around and go back and watch him spawn in.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    chrishallett83BroloSorce
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    Man

I appreciate that they tried to change things up with Rome 2 but this UI is unintuitive as fuuuuck

PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
    Inquisitor77
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It's almost impossible to make a scary game unless the audience is willing to buy in, so I don't blame them for that.
    Yeah, I went pretty all-in and "roleplayed" through Amnesia. Hell, when I played through Doom 3 I did shit like crouch down next to dead people I found to "check their pulse"... :redface:

Doom 3 got more annoying to me than anything: It got to the point I could predict where an enemy would spawn in behind me and walk past that point, then turn around and go back and watch him spawn in.

I got it way back in the day when it first came out and played about half way through it. I just couldn't deal with the monster closets anymore.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

I replayed Doom 3 a year ago. It got to the point where I went up some stairs, entered a room, went "I bet something is going to spawn behind me" turned around back to the top of the stairs in time to see an imp finish coming through the door below, slowly trudge up the stairs in a scripted sequence, and get blown away point blank by my shotgun.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    stukov was in hots? are you sure?

Did you play it?
    Yes he is. He shows up in the second half of the game. (Specifically on the mission to investigate a Terran science facility making hybrids) and he sticks around after that.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King Walls of Jakiro Registered User regular
    So GTA 5 got a update today freemode events

These trigger while in freemode and the three I played where steal cars, fly through checkpoints, and who can get the longest stoppie. My brother beat me by .1m cause he is a jerk. You can opt out of the events through your phone or just not participate. When the events starts they seem to spawn the requisite stuff with a 5 minute period to prep for em.

Anyways GTA 5 online is a ton of fun still/now. Heists are finally in and they are pretty enjoyable. I did one last night and it had a pretty funny moment.

Every one has to get onto this aircraft carrier, steal some jets kill some jets and as you fly away everyones radio switches to Danger Zone after some AI speech. Its amazing.

I stopped trying with GTA because it takes about twenty minutes to get onto the game, if you're even that lucky. Maybe it's better now, but it was horrible during the original release and horrible when the PC version came out.

It still takes a year and a half to start online but once your in the load times are nonexsistent.

ATI finally has non shit drivers so the game runs without any hiccups or stupid artifacting now which ia nice.

Theres also a speed game which is hilrious a teams defending a truck that cant stop as the other team tries to ram em off the road.

However GTA V is best enjoyed with a group of people and if your just by your self then the online isnt anything special, probably awful even.

icGJy2C.png
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Unfortunately my old crew fragmenting during the next gen upgrade. I'm on PC, my other guys are on PS4.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    stukov was in hots? are you sure?

Did you play it?
    Yes he is. He shows up in the second half of the game. (Specifically on the mission to investigate a Terran science facility making hybrids) and he sticks around after that.
    I think Jars was making a Heroes of the Storm joke

Tamin on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

6F32U1X.png
    honoveredestroyah87Panda4Youscherbchen
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am really enjoying Sunless Sea. I want more things in the Fallen London setting.

I want the Pillars of Eternity team to make an rpg in it.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    IoloPanda4YouBedlam
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I understand why they didn't call that game Total Warhammer but come on.

Come on.

Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    TheStiggtrmpCrippl3OlivawcB557OmnipotentBagelPeewiStiltsVegemytedarunia106Duke 2.0Panda4YouTamerBillkaortiNartwak
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Games Workshop does not fuck around with branding

2x39jD4.jpg
    It's really strange how excited I am for Total Warhammer considering my total apathy for Warhammer fantasy and my distaste for CA's DLC-centric game design of late

But gosh darn if that doesn't look cool as all fuck

Never forget.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I am really enjoying Sunless Sea. I want more things in the Fallen London setting.

Or an adventure game.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    A Dabble Of TheloniusIolokaorti
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It's really strange how excited I am for Total Warhammer considering my total apathy for Warhammer fantasy and my distaste for CA's DLC-centric game design of late

They will milk this for two years

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    no, I did not remember stukov in heart of the swarm at all. all I remember are the primal zerg and how that didn't make any fucking sense and then you go ice mensk who isn't really penultimate villain material

• I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular

7UVunkN.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Glad I spent all of that time saving Kerrigan in Wings of Liberty so they could immediately rezerg her.

Glad I spent all of that time playing Wings of Liberty so they could kill the best character for no good reason.

Glad I spent all of that time playing those missions with Nova so I could feel the pain of Starcraft: Ghost all over again.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    TheStigStiltsDuke 2.0
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Or an adventure game.

Yeah, think what Telltale could do with that world. :)

A Dabble Of TheloniusDoctorArch
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

man, i do not remember any of that

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    but you can tell it's from hots because they use power as a proper noun

7UVunkN.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    You guys have played the original game that Sunless Sea is based on, right?

A Dabble Of TheloniusPanda4You
    it doesn't even make sense because stukov was dead and infesting someone to the same level as kerrigan isn't something that just 'happens'

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it doesn't even make sense because stukov was dead and infesting someone to the same level as kerrigan isn't something that just 'happens'

just let the metzen wash over you, shhhhh, only bad writing now

BahamutZERO.gif
    Beef AvengerOlivawStiltsKwoaruWeedLordVegetadarunia106TheStigturtleantDuke 2.0Panda4YouCorp.Shephard
    edited September 2015

True

But they have put out a new game or a significant expansion for an existing game nearly every single year since 2009

It's only been the last three or so that have had real bullshit as DLC

On a certain level I appreciate that they put out more content for a game and don't just abandon it to work on the next project immediately, especially with games that are so ambitious in scope and scale, but god damn man

Fuckin' Attila has like thirty dollars worth of DLC right now, what the fuck is that about

And from that free weekend of CoH2 I'm ninety nine percent sure that's all coming down from Sega as the publisher, because hoo boy was CoH2 a mess of microtransactions

Olivaw on
    Never forget.
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be as big of a problem if the power creep wasn't that extreme

There were units in Attila which had to be banned from competitive multiplayer because they were too OP and I heard the latest DLC has different units which completely stomp them

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Stukov-as-Infested Terran has pretty much always been true, in one form or another

I mean

Stukov's been around as an infested dude since Brood War. All that Heart of the Swarm really does is either retcon the particular events or adds a bit to the end saying "after being un-infested by a serum, Stukov is captured again and subjected to more experiments".

Tamin on
    Kwoaru
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    You guys have played the original game that Sunless Sea is based on, right?

It's a F2P browser game so it's not like it's a game that's "beatable"

I have been playing it, yeah.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    I just found out that TGS is this weekend.

Man, there is like ZERO hype for this event nowadays...

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I just found out that TGS is this weekend.

Man, there is like ZERO hype for this event nowadays...

already been some news out of it

there's a new persona 5 trailer

also persona 5 got delayed to 2016

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    TGS stuff has been going on all week

Sony's press conference was...Tuesday?

6F32U1X.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    "Delayed"

More like the marketing team was talking out their ass when they said it was going to come out this year.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's been news for Kingdom Hearts as well.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

True

But they have put out a new game or a significant expansion for an existing game nearly every single year since 2009
    Total Warhammer will be the only way to play "massive unit warhammer" now that they've killed off the WHFB figure game and replaced it with skirmish fantasy-40k.

Panda4You on
    "In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."

Conservative ideology is a cancer on liberal democracy and it's getting close to terminal.
    - Shryke
    honovere
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Oh whoa

I didn't realize training roulette could switch across classes, I thought it would just be flipping a coin in that class

Interesting

I'm far too into customizing my dudes, and I'm trying to model them all after real people in my life

So I may never do that

I'm considering trying to find a mod to expand the number of physical customization options I have, because I am spending like ten minutes plus on each likeness every time I get a soldier promoted to squaddie

I have a chart to pull names from that I'm constantly updating

After my first few tries on classic I stopped customizing anyone below sergeant. Especially in the first few months it was just not worth it.

True

Total Warhammer will be the only way to play "massive unit warhammer" now that they've killed off the WHFB figure game and replaced it with skirmish fantasy-40k.

Also the only place that uses Fantasy's 25 years of background (which was arguably the best part of the game) now that they've tossed out that part of the game, too.

Panda4You
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I GOT THE KITTY IN DIABLO

I WON THE GAME

5FEdw1A.png
    BroloTheStigA Dabble Of Theloniusmarty_0001darunia106Cilla BlackJoeUser
  • FishmanFishman Drink up, me hearties, Yo Ho! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Operation Secret Justice
    The aliens have stepped up their invasion by targeting civilian centers for terror attacks!

Fortunately enough time has passed that our first-stringers (@Metalbourne, @msuitepyon, @Der Waffle Mous, and @Platypus Beirut) are all recovered and out of the infirmary.

2015-09-13_00052_zps7zmzpucb.jpg

And they really showed off why they're the first-string team, too.

First encounter was with a couple of roaming Floaters.

2015-09-17_00002_zps1ctwmbov.jpg

We gave them a bit of a run around, but when one tried to jump in and flank in behind us all he found was Mous waiting for an easy tap-de-grace.

2015-09-17_00005_zps2naclzih.jpg

It was then that these overgrown lobster-spiders tried to crash the party.

2015-09-17_00006_zpsvedbmkwo.jpg

They moved fast and looked scary, and were bearing down on MB at a rate of knots, but failed to observe appropriate combat formation spacing.

msuitepyon was having none of it.

2015-09-17_00007_zps1qwys3sz.jpg

A couple more Floaters came out to play, and Metal held them off, keeping them dancing from one cover to another.

2015-09-17_00009_zpsovoxvgf0.jpg

AKA keeping them pinned right in Platy's killzone.

2015-09-17_00012_zps7yvjkgip.jpg

High ground, perfect range, limited target movement... pinpoint precision.

2015-09-17_00016_zpslyfp2y0x.jpg

And that was it. The day was saved, the professionals made it simple and straight forward, the XCOM force builds continuing momentum.

2015-09-17_00017_zpspqrwypmm.jpg

Panic in South America is reduced, which is great because Argentina and Brazil are the first and third highest funding nations.

I even have enough money to decide if I want stompy MEC suits or genespliced mutant supersoldiers. Decisions, decisions.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    BroloGethhonoverecB557IoloPlatyMetalbourne
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Fishman wrote: »
    Operation Secret Justice
    The aliens have stepped up their invasion by targeting civilian centers for terror attacks!

Fortunately enough time has passed that our first-stringers (@Metalbourne, @msuitepyon, @Der Waffle Mous, and @Platypus Beirut) are all recovered and out of the infirmary.

2015-09-13_00052_zps7zmzpucb.jpg

And they really showed off why they're the first-string team, too.

First encounter was with a couple of roaming Floaters.

2015-09-17_00002_zps1ctwmbov.jpg

We gave them a bit of a run around, but when one tried to jump in and flank in behind us all he found was Mous waiting for an easy tap-de-grace.

2015-09-17_00005_zps2naclzih.jpg

It was then that these overgrown lobster-spiders tried to crash the party.

2015-09-17_00006_zpsvedbmkwo.jpg

They moved fast and looked scary, and were bearing down on MB at a rate of knots, but failed to observe appropriate combat formation spacing.

msuitepyon was having none of it.

2015-09-17_00007_zps1qwys3sz.jpg

A couple more Floaters came out to play, and Metal held them off, keeping them dancing from one cover to another.

2015-09-17_00009_zpsovoxvgf0.jpg

AKA keeping them pinned right in Platy's killzone.

2015-09-17_00012_zps7yvjkgip.jpg

High ground, perfect range, limited target movement... pinpoint precision.

2015-09-17_00016_zpslyfp2y0x.jpg

And that was it. The day was saved, the professionals made it simple and straight forward, the XCOM force builds continuing momentum.

2015-09-17_00017_zpspqrwypmm.jpg

Panic in South America is reduced, which is great because Argentina and Brazil are the first and third highest funding nations.

I even have enough money to decide if I want stompy MEC suits or genespliced mutant supersoldiers. Decisions, decisions.

I found MECs more useful in general, gene-warriors I used so far for some specialized niches like dealing with alien-sympathizing traitors. MECs also look much cooler which is even more important. Also socking enemies in the face is great and I was appropriatly happy when my MEC got her nickname "Socks".

honovere on
    gene soldiers look so dumb. dumb enough that I don't want to use them under any circumstance

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    gene soldiers look so dumb. dumb enough that I don't want to use them under any circumstance

look we're mutants okay

we don't have any time for sleeves

Platy
This discussion has been closed.