Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So Fishman, do you actually not know what the "lobster spiders" are or was that just a nickname?

Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    honestly though it annoyed me so much that I pretty much immediately modded the game, rather than use the default gene soldier models

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    gene soldiers look so dumb. dumb enough that I don't want to use them under any circumstance

They do, but 1 or 2 armour variants with some armour on shoulders and elbows look okayish and the heart upgrade kept my favourite sniper alive once so it gets a pass on the looks.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So Fishman, do you actually not know what the "lobster spiders" are or was that just a nickname?

I think he's just being in-character where this is xcom's first encounter with this species of alien

BahamutZERO.gif
    Iolo
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gene soldiers are the best

MECs are boring

Sleeves can suck a d

Panda4You
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Gene soldiers are the best

MECs are boring

Sleeves can suck a d

These words don't make sense together.

9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
    cB557OlivawBeef AvengerStiltsCilla Black
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't like robots

And whenever I fielded a MEC in X-Com it got shot to pieces and was more trouble than it was worth

Like, I liked being able to punch dudes through walls, but needing two support dudes on staff just to keep everyone healthy sucked

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    MECs are unlimited cover destroying machines. They're great.

9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
    cB557PlatyPanda4You
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    MECs are also way more balanced and not-game-breaking than certain gene mods like the cloaking one

BahamutZERO.gif
    BroloOlivawStilts
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I still fielded 6 regular soldiers

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    You know I completely forgot that there would be another Starcraft expansion until now

oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    The cloaking gene mod was fucking ridiculous, most others weren't that great.

Mecs were potentially awesome, but needed to be used correctly. Things like the AOE heal were insane. The flamethrower was pretty nuts too. I think people thought they were just supposed to be tanks though, and if you use them as tanks they'd get annihilated.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    cB557
    Cloaking gene mod is probably the best

The eyes one that gives you a bonus to your next shot I really liked throwing on my heavies

The regeneration one was pretty great

And jumping was nice if you didn't want to necessarily have your folks wearing grapple armor (although ghost armor was great)

mecs were for punching people. punch them real hard

cB557Duke 2.0TheStighonovereStiltsOlivaw
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    MECs were my favorite part of the expansion. I loved making them as mobile as possible and giving them rocket boots so that they could just book it to the nearest rooftop and rain down death from above

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
    PlatycB557Duke 2.0TheStigBionicPenguinOlivaw
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I just want original squad sight back in 2!

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i still don't understand why the minigun has the overheating warning but none of the machine guns do.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You know I completely forgot that there would be another Starcraft expansion until now

It's stand alone too!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
    Panda4You
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

How was it different from the one we have now?

Also yes, while I currently use a soldier with mimetic skin it shure is too good compared to other mods. Especially together with a squad sight sniper.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Downloading Mad Max

hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
    Panda4YouDarkPrimusElaro
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Also yes, while I currently use a soldier with mimetic skin it shure is too good compared to other mods. Especially together with a squad sight sniper.

Mimetic skin is the most expensive augmentation by far, so it's not like they recognize that it's super powerful.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Do any of you have opinions on Loren the amazon princess or Satellite Reign? Need a new game to play and was eyeing those two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Do any of you have opinions on Loren the amazon princess or Satellite Reign? Need a new game to play and was eyeing those two.

I haven't played Loren despite getting it in a bundle a long time ago, but I do appreciate that the armor is equally skimpy for both the male AND female characters.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i played Satellite Reign when it was in early access and when it first went 1.0 and it's pretty alright, though when it was in early access the AI was really buggy, and it doesn't seem to have improved. So as long as you dong' figure out how to make it bug out it's fine.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Satellite Reign looks fucking rad but I'm holding off for a sale

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    Panda4You
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I got SR in early access, been playing it and having a good time with it

Brolo on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

You can't crit with it in the expansion unless you use Headshot. Think that was the only change, may be forgetting something, though.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    nah it could crit

cB557
    It can't crit unless you use headshot

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It could definitely crit without using headshot.

Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    some enemies are immune to crits without headshot, but that's not a squad sight thing

cB557Panda4You
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

In Vanilla, yes. In Enemy Within, no. Snipers could still crit when enemies are within normal sight range (no crosshair icon), but could not crit when using squadsight.

Maddoc

No, it couldn't. If you crit squad sight in the expansion, it's because you weren't using squadsight. This is a thing you can actually look up.

• BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I have a question
    has anyone bought the Standard Edition of Heart of the Swarm digital can you upgrade it to the deluxe edition?

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have a question
    has anyone bought the Standard Edition of Heart of the Swarm digital can you upgrade it to the deluxe edition?

I bought the standard edition at retail

and I'm fairly sure I've seen an option to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition. I can't seem it find it now, though.

It might be missing due to the sale.

edit: glancing around, I ended up at this page for the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe package. The "buy now" button currently redirects to the store page for the 3-game complete collection, which also has a digital deluxe edition. I do not appear to receive a discount for owning the retail deluxe edition and retail standard edition of WoL and HotS respectively.

Given the verbiage on the page, I imagine you used to be able to upgrade from the digital standard edition to the digital deluxe for a reduced price. Whether you will be able to do so again in the future is not known.

Tamin on
  • FishmanFishman Drink up, me hearties, Yo Ho! Registered User regular
    Operation Enduring Priest
    A pretty straight forward landing mission; a Scout was detected on the ground in Japan, and Der Waffle Mous, Platypus Beirut, msuitepyon, and Metalbourne were dispatched to deal with it.

2015-09-19_00002_zpslfzu4evr.jpg

They encountered Sectoids...

2015-09-19_00003_zps11uzkiwg.jpg

... Seekers ...

2015-09-19_00005_zpsabcq2jfr.jpg

... Floaters...

2015-09-19_00012_zpsypu4yqch.jpg

.. and an Outsider.

2015-09-19_00008_zpsq7ic9jze.jpg

...but it was all pretty straight forward and despite a couple minor flesh wounds the most notable outcome was the fact that msuitepyon got the nickname 'Moose', which just tickled my funnybone for some reason.

2015-09-19_00013_zpswksgaglw.jpg

Two in the infirmary for a week, but the only thing of note that happened while they were in bed was the council report:
    2015-09-19_00015_zps7phwsavo.jpg

Australia pulled out, the dirty xeno-loving species traitors. But overall, it's a good haul of cash for our reserves*.

We were also offered 5 Engineers for some Seeker corpses, so if any reports of technologically advanced ghost tentacle machines start coming out of Egypt, know that I compromised Earth's political and military stability for the chance to build brighter, shinier objects and also clear out our dead alien storage at the same time.

*: I immediately spent it all.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    cB557SnicketysnickSorceIolodestroyah87Platychrishallett83
  • FishmanFishman Drink up, me hearties, Yo Ho! Registered User regular
    Operation Stone Line
    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Der Waffle Mous show, starring everyone's favourite defender of humanity, Mous!
    Also appearing Metalbourne, Platypus Beirut, and msuitepyon

And this week's antagonists, Floaters!

2015-09-20_00009_zpsffsxt3i4.jpg

Our uninvited extra-terrestrial guests have dropped into Bloemfontein uninvited, where they've been making themselves unwelcome by abducting local citizens. But don't worry, gentle audience, for Trooper Der Waffle Mous can do it all!

He can shoot them to the left!

2015-09-20_00007_zpse1kaxrp4.jpg

He can shoot them to the right!

2015-09-20_00002_zpsai9eyf6q.jpg

At one point Metalbourne runs into an odd Sectoid who apparently got lost on his way to outer space, but she scores points by putting that poor Sectoid to sleep. Isn't it nice when friends help out?

2015-09-20_00008_zpscuoydvzc.jpg

Unfortunately Platypus Beirut doesn't have the same luck, uncharacteristically missing an easy shot in the open street.

2015-09-20_00014_zpsjuelahyi.jpg

Which both he...

2015-09-20_00019_zps8zak5bcs.jpg

... and Metalbourne pay the price for.

2015-09-20_00015_zps9txpuile.jpg

But it's okay, ladies and gents, for Der Waffle Mous is ever ready, and can heal all wounds.

2015-09-20_00021_zpsyvebuqye.jpg

2015-09-20_00029_zpsrqea9ggh.jpg

Der Waffle Mous then locates and pins down a rogue Floater while grabbing the last Meld canister (having already grabbed the first one earlier in the mission).

2015-09-20_00022_zpsqtl5pmbc.jpg

Magnanimously, he lets msuitepyon deal with the poor creature.

2015-09-20_00027_zps0ockhd6u.jpg

And having tracked down the final Xeno, chased it through a wall, and reduced it to a gibbering wreck in a far corner, he gives Platypus Beirut the opportunity to make up for his earlier miss and put the tortured beast out of its misery.

2015-09-20_00031_zpsebyeyjgw.jpg

Full marks for that one, today, Mous. MVP stuff. Time for a pack of gum and a coffee. You' earned it.

2015-09-20_00034_zpsfovsrymc.jpg

Unfortunately our only sniper is on the injured list until the middle of the month, and our best assault is out for a few days, too, but overall it's another mission where everyone's come through alive.
    Also, thanks to our sponsors and Doc Vahlen for putting together some shiny new armor for our troops in the field. Nice one, Doc.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    honovereSnicketysnickSorcedestroyah87Platychrishallett83
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I guess it's pretty standard visual novel stuff (I never touch that stuff so idk)? The combat has some involvement, and I think you could affect the story through your actions somewhat?
    I'd wouldn't really recommend anyone to buy it, but otoh I really don't get the appeal of VN crap, but if you get hold of it for a pittance in a bundle or something, go ahead. There's at least a gameplay of sorts in the combat sections.

"In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."

Conservative ideology is a cancer on liberal democracy and it's getting close to terminal.
    - Shryke
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I haven't been keeping up with the Bloodbowl 2 news (I've been getting emails as a BB1 player but I haven't been reading them) but I read the latest and apparently it's releasing this week. So my number 1 question is: is it less buggy? and with that, does it play smoother? Not like, graphically, but BB1 had a problem where I felt like the game wasn't very responsive. And moving the camera around was locked to the grid so it didn't have smooth scrolling. It felt clunky, has that been fixed?

random steam maintenance just ruined my endless legend multiplayer game. god damn it

Panda4You
This discussion has been closed.