As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    3D World is the best 3D Mario game, and up there as one of the best overall Mario games. I happily played through all the levels with every character, but Champion's Road is too tough for me =/

I give it some tries every so often... maybe I'll beat it with at least one character one of these days.

This. I reached 100% completion on Mario Galaxy AND Mario Galaxy 2 AND Mario 3D Land. Champion's Road is just excruciating, to the extent that I have just sort of put the game down and come back to it every once in a while. Perhaps it is feasible with a Tanuki Leaf, but there isn't a consistent way to have access to one for try after try, which is frustrating. I've also been trying to play it as Mario, instead of cheesing it as Peach/Rosalina, so maybe that is my problem.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    3D World is the best 3D Mario game, and up there as one of the best overall Mario games. I happily played through all the levels with every character, but Champion's Road is too tough for me =/

I give it some tries every so often... maybe I'll beat it with at least one character one of these days.

This is a lie. Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game. 3D World is pretty good though.

Ehhh. I've played Galaxy 2, and I can't imagine it's that much different from the first one. It certainly is great, but I like 3D World better.

Play Galaxy 1!

Galaxy 1 is easily my favorite Mario game, 2D or 3D, and might be in my all time top five

I don't enjoy Galaxy 2 at all

• Options
    Also as for Champion's Road

It is entirely possible to do it without a tanooki suit, as that's how I've done it all four times

I initially tried scrounging for suits but I got tired of it and just did it without

Great feeling when you pull it off

It was especially hard with Luigi because Luigi sucks and is a waste of life

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

This. I reached 100% completion on Mario Galaxy AND Mario Galaxy 2 AND Mario 3D Land. Champion's Road is just excruciating, to the extent that I have just sort of put the game down and come back to it every once in a while. Perhaps it is feasible with a Tanuki Leaf, but there isn't a consistent way to have access to one for try after try, which is frustrating. I've also been trying to play it as Mario, instead of cheesing it as Peach/Rosalina, so maybe that is my problem.

Going back and playing Super Mario 3D Land's equivalent of Champions Road after playing Champions Road made me wonder how the hell I ever finished it. So many one-block platforms that you have to land on.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I never played NSMBU. I might go back and pick it up, but there are so many levels to play in Mario maker. I also would like to eventually play Rayman.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I never played NSMBU. I might go back and pick it up, but there are so many levels to play in Mario maker. I also would like to eventually play Rayman.

Just in time, because this is dropping on October 16th:

WiiUNSMBU-combo.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It looks so doable in video form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWsMA9qjDxs

3D Land is even easier (I did it myself a time or two, very easy with leaf).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    After ~80 deaths on Champion's Road I decided it wasn't worth trying. I literally have no idea how people make a few of those jumps. I don't even remember where they were or how far they were but I remember jumping and not coming anywhere close to the edge every time.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    When I look at that and say "oh ok" you know you have been playing Mario for way too long.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Remember when people freaked out that Mario games would get Super Guides, because they thought they'd make Mario games too easy? ....yeah.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remember when people freaked out that Mario games would get Super Guides, because they thought they'd make Mario games too easy? ....yeah.

To be slightly fair, I wasn't much of a fan of how they first handled it in... I think it was NSMB Wii when they introduced it? If the super guide block so much as showed up, you're permanently fucked out of getting all the stars on your profile. It's just a cosmetic thing... but I want those stars dammit.

3D World does it perfectly though. You're not screwed out of anything if it shows up, and you're not even screwed out of anything if you use it (you just don't get official credit for the level until you really do it is all).

I don't remember the level, but it involved this massive stretch of those auto run pads, and I was trying to get all the green stars to boot. I died so many goddamn times. And eventually that block appeared.

"C'mon man... use me. I'll get you through this. Nobody will know."
    "Fuck you gold block, I'll know."
    *proceeds to die 50 more times in the process*

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    All of these posts are really making me want to go back and play through 3D World again. But there are so many levels yet to be made....

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    All of these posts are really making me want to go back and play through 3D World again. But there are so many levels yet to be made....

Make that one level! You know, that one.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Every time I go to make on mario maker, I end up playing too much instead.

Oh then there was the nice little fact that Undertale had to be a thing RIGHT when I finally got SMM.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-go-news-coming-very-soon/
    Pokemon Go was announced last month. We saw a trailer and received some information, but we don’t really know how the game will play. That should be changing very soon though. Niantic representative Evan Dexter told Slate a couple of weeks ago that more information would be shared in “mid-October”. It’s October 10 today, so an update shouldn’t be too far off.

Dexter said:

“We’re not quite ready to talk in more depth about Pokémon GO than what was revealed in the announcement press release and assets. Come mid-October we’ll be able to start going into more depth about our plans for the game, and about our plans for real world gaming overall.”

Just announce the damn Direct already

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Mid October, huh? Sounds about the same time as the rumored Splatoon Direct. Maybe we'll be getting an honest-to-goodness full Nintendo direct rather than one focusing on a single game.
    One that ends with a trailer and official title for the new Legend of Zelda.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    I bought Mario Maker

This editor is way too finicky, holy shit

So many times I try to erase something and end up also erasing something in an adjacent block

Is there a way to zoom in so each block is not as tiny?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I bought Mario Maker

This editor is way too finicky, holy shit

So many times I try to erase something and end up also erasing something in an adjacent block

Is there a way to zoom in so each block is not as tiny?

I don't think so. There is an undo button on the right side of the UI. Also, join us in the Mario Maker thread to see some amazing PA creations.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    You can also grab blocks/items and drag them off of the screen to delete them.

You can also multi select a bunch of items and tap them with the eraser to remove all of them.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Are you using the stylus?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Mid October, huh? Sounds about the same time as the rumored Splatoon Direct. Maybe we'll be getting an honest-to-goodness full Nintendo direct rather than one focusing on a single game.
    One that ends with a trailer and official title for the new Legend of Zelda.

There's hope: Nintendo put up a new video on the Smash youtube channel last week and set it to private.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    bc6.jpg

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I look forward to Dark Classic Pit. His Down + B should be the Credit Card.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I can't believe how many people on Latin American countries want Goku to be in Smash. As much as I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, and as much as I love One Piece, I don't want an anime character to be part of Smash Bros, that just wouldn't fit the game.

• Options
    SleeperHoldSleeperHold Registered User regular
    I prefer 3D Land on 3DS to the Wii U effort personally. There was something about that game which just absolutely captvated me for the time I was playing it.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I would only approve of Goku in Smash as an assist trophy. When you activate him, he just stands there building up his power level for the rest of the match.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I would only approve of Goku in Smash as an assist trophy. When you activate him, he just stands there building up his power level for the rest of the match.

1/20 times, he'll finish charging, look at the camera and then just fly off.

post.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    WTB: Chuck Norris, Yul Brynner, and Christopher Lambert outfits for Mii Fighter/Gunner/Swordsman respectively.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    RockinX wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people on Latin American countries want Goku to be in Smash. As much as I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, and as much as I love One Piece, I don't want an anime character to be part of Smash Bros, that just wouldn't fit the game.

Goku is kind of THE anime character for most Spanish speaking people. In Latin America and Spain both. The popularity of Dragonball among my generation is pretty crazy, and even people who consider anime to be for nerds will happily wear a T-shirt of the four star dragon ball without hesitation. It doesn't matter that it makes no sense and it's also impossible, Goku will be suggested.

Personally, when other people were watching DBZ I was watching Rurouni Kenshin. I feel I got the better end of the trade :P

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Goku is kind of THE anime character for most Spanish speaking people. In Latin America and Spain both. The popularity of Dragonball among my generation is pretty crazy, and even people who consider anime to be for nerds will happily wear a T-shirt of the four star dragon ball without hesitation. It doesn't matter that it makes no sense and it's also impossible, Goku will be suggested.

Personally, when other people were watching DBZ I was watching Rurouni Kenshin. I feel I got the better end of the trade :P

Yeah, I had to watch Kenshin because DBZ came after it, but when Televen moved it to another time, I stopped watching it, heh.

I can speak Japanese and don't like anime much, which is a bit weird, I'll admit.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Yeah, I had to watch Kenshin because DBZ came after it, but when Televen moved it to another time, I stopped watching it, heh.

Well, I suppose you and I should be rivals now. So, do we go get knives now, or...?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

Well, I suppose you and I should be rivals now. So, do we go get knives now, or...?

Settle it in Smash.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Honestly, I would buy the SHIT out of a Jump/Nintendo collaboration brawler. Sadly, Namco is the one who has the rights to Jump games at the moment.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I still say that if you're going to add an anime character, it should be Saitama.

Balancing might be a bit difficult, admittedly.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I still say that if you're going to add an anime character, it should be Saitama.

The more damage he takes, the more a "Seriousness" bar fills? The higher it gets, the greater of chance of just one-hit-KO'ing things with attacks?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I'm one of those people who think Smash should have stayed a Nintendo-only thing, so you can imagine how I feel about it.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

The more damage he takes, the more a "Seriousness" bar fills? The higher it gets, the greater of chance of just one-hit-KO'ing things with attacks?

So Little Mac + Lucario?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

So Little Mac + Lucario?

Lucario and Goku already share the same voice, so it makes sense.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look of Yoshi's Woolly World last night

I was already gonna get it but goddamn gonna get it so hard

A Nintendo game hasn't been this up my alley since...does Lego City count? If not, then since Rhythm Heaven Fever

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look of Yoshi's Woolly World last night

I was already gonna get it but goddamn gonna get it so hard

A Nintendo game hasn't been this up my alley since...does Lego City count? If not, then since Rhythm Heaven Fever

Yes, this game is going to be played non-stop by me when it comes out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA