As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Babby's first [chat].

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Work also offered to get in breakfast for people arriving at nine, but given it's basically going to be me and ten people on their second day of fasting it seemed like that would just be awkward.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    (i did not office party)

"Hey guys, who wants to check out these new airhorns I just bought?"

"I'm testing these subwoofers' resiliance when exposed to dubstep"

"Free oyster juice shots!"

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Work also offered to get in breakfast for people arriving at nine, but given it's basically going to be me and ten people on their second day of fasting it seemed like that would just be awkward.

this just means you can eat all the best pastries and ignore the crap ones

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    oh, ramadan, right

that explains why the halal stall was closed

aRkpc.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    11hr work shift and then deadlifts at the gym.

@desc swole me right now

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

It sounds like a prime chance for the world largest doggie bag

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    fasting people on ramadan do eat after sunset...

aRkpc.gif
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    My favorite part about being stressed is all the compulsive eating, said no one ever

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Woah almost fell asleep for a bit.

Jesus my poor sleep schedule. Although it does just feel right to stay awake after work. It just feels better.

The problem is when you're working that other kind of 9 to 4

ftOqU21.png
    also, bets are open on how many people will slap and or punch abd in the face this weekend

current count is at one, two more shifts to go

ftOqU21.png
    young girls are

sort of terrible drunks

ftOqU21.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

It sounds like a prime chance for the world largest doggie bag

Once I went with some other graduate students and some visiting prospectives to a restaurant where we theoretically had a $60 per person budget for food. But, like, it was pretty cheap, so there was no way anyone was going to spend that much.

Everyone else ordered a main, maybe shared an app, got a soda. I followed up by ordering until we hit our limit.

It didn't even all fit on the table! My fellow grad students were so embarrassed. Idgaf, my fridge was burgeoning with Szechuan deliciousness.

edited June 2015
    She had some interesting ideas about the legal framework under which a door guard operates

I can, in fact, touch you, even push you, to get you out, but there's quite the array of paragraphs involved in that one so you'd be forgiven for not knowing it

But I'm curious as to exactly what your basis is for slapping me in the face and going "you're a security guard, you can't hit me back"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    My favorite part about being stressed is all the compulsive eating, said no one ever

i would say that it's my favorite part of being stressed

there aren't that many other good things about it

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    She had some interesting ideas about the legal framework under which a door guard operates

I can, in fact, touch you, even push you, to get you out, but there's quite the array of paragraphs involved in that one so you'd be forgiven for not knowing that one

But I'm curious as to exactly what your basis is for slapping me in the face and going "you're a security guard, you can't hit me back"

See, e.g., I been drinking.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Eddy wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

i would say that it's my favorite part of being stressed

there aren't that many other good things about it

stop ruining my pithy observation, you monster

and now I am become bed

later gaters

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    LOL.

I am getting e-mails for big petitions on change dot org.

One of them is about a dog meat festival.

Apparently some assholes in Toronto think it's cruel for chinese people to eat dog meat during a festival.

So, of course, we need to stop them and outlaw the practice of eating meat from cute animals, right?

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yikes Danish elections have gone super racist

edited June 2015
    She actually called the place after and said I'd pushed her over and smashed her phone.

And oh my god, the contact embarrassment of what actually happened there

she refused to just leave. Normally, fuck it, I'll call the cops, tell them not to hurry, and just wait, I got time. But like, half a metre from the door? Nah. Gently pushed her out, and then she pretends to fall

it doesn't work, because A, she stopped in the middle of it because she chickened out B, because I caught her because I thought she stumbled.

I got her back on her feet. She does the same thing. A kind of... half drop to her knees. And repeat, like the world's weirdest seizure. She doesn't notice that my hand isn't even touching her arm anymore.

And then she wondered if she was gonna try to plead or argue her way back in, doesn't decide by the time she starts to speak so she does both, obviously thinks, well that didn't come out right at all, slaps me in the face, and says "you're a security guard you can't hit me back" with the pissiest expression

you are genuinely lucky I am a calm person and you're so small that I didn't feel threatened remotely, because it's really easy to grab your hands in a way that will be exceedingly painful. I said this bit in my head while just staring.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

How so?

Did a guy in a bad mustache show up? Was he a rejected artist and war hero?

Don't vote for him, guys.

It could be Hitler.

Stress is good. In moderate amounts. Stress is energy.

ftOqU21.png
    By the by, Abdhy, i saw a picture of a 3D gun you made.

Looks cool.

er, what?

ftOqU21.png

How so?

It could be Hitler.

Hitler was a WW1 military postman wasn't he.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    LOL.

Apparently some assholes in Toronto think it's cruel for chinese people to eat dog meat during a festival.

So, of course, we need to stop them and outlaw the practice of eating meat from cute animals, right?
    I don't think having and acting upon a strong cultural aversion to eating dogs makes someone an asshole.

The perfect way to let out frustration is when there's a group of people coming in and I'm checking IDs and trying to gauge drunkenness from faces, is to look at the third person for two seconds longer

they get so nervous it's great

ftOqU21.png
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    LOL.

I don't think having and acting upon a strong cultural aversion to eating dogs makes someone an asshole.

I think acting upon it is pretty asshole-y

reconize that it's just your own little cultural thing and nothing more. Don't eat dogs all you want, don't go around saying that other people shouldn't like you actually have a good reason

ftOqU21.png
    The perfect way to let out frustration is when there's a group of people coming in and I'm checking IDs and trying to gauge drunkenness from faces, is to look at the third person for two seconds longer

/reads all of abdhy's posts for two seconds longer before moving on/reacting or replying

/reads all of abdhy's posts for two seconds longer before moving on/reacting or replying

I am a column of basalt. I cannot be flapped.

ftOqU21.png

I am a column of basalt. I cannot be flapped.
    Noted.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

/stares at this post for 3 seconds

How so?

It could be Hitler.

Nonsnarky answer, the ruling party managed to actually win votes and become the biggest party, which is pretty rare in 21st century European parliamentary elections, but overall some people left the left coalition to the right, and those who went to the right overwhelmingly went with the openly xenofobic assholes party instead of the more centric traditional rightwing party.

Leaves it in a situation where the xenofobes might actually take power.

They have their populist anti-immigration dudes in the centre, as opposed to us who have them out on the edge of the right wing

and centrist parties are way more often in a position to get more stuff through than their representation would suggest, due to being able to trade horses with both sides, instead of everyone being to the right or left of you

ftOqU21.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

Also, the party that was third in votes will get the prime ministership

Parliamentarism!

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

er, what?

DF continues to rise, and is now for the first time ever the biggest party right of centre

They say they don't want to be part of the government though, I guess they know responsibility would be bad for their strategy of populism and pathos-based protest

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Parliamentary systems are too confusing for my American mind everyone should have a simple completely broken system like we do.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    LOL.

No. But maybe stop skinning the dogs while they are still alive.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    They have their populist anti-immigration dudes in the centre, as opposed to us who have them out on the edge of the right wing

and centrist parties are way more often in a position to get more stuff through than their representation would suggest, due to being able to trade horses with both sides, instead of everyone being to the right or left of you

DF aren't actually in the centre, whatever they say

But a lot of the other parties have been trying to keep up with them on the strict immigration law racist shitwizard rhetoric and policy

which is depressing, and as seen in this election is not how you win voters back from DF apparently. They just continue to grow.

This discussion has been closed.