As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Babby's first [chat].

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    jake, girl called me yesterday being all "oh sorry i didn't respond to your messages... things were actually going too well and i panicked a bit and i'm sorry, lets do drinks on saturday"

LOOKS LIKE IT'S A GOOD THING I DIDN'T FREAK THE FUCK OUT, HUH

That's always a good damn sign

I am still unsure about mine. Except if I trust what she's saying, there's no reason to be.

But still, brains

we have some dumb situational things to work out before we can actually be a thing so like, the next few months are like "lets keep it casual" but then my brain is like "but how casual is casual aaaaahhhhhh"

Is there perhaps a way i can be casual and you can be exclusive

Perhaps

This is in quotes, you saying it to girl

I realize now it is vague

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Using an exhaust speed velocity that's actually attainable by thrusters with any kind of thrust to speak of, IE, rockets, over 98% of the mass of the spaceship would need to be propellant.

And since the remaining 2% weighs 2 billion tons, well, you've got a 100 trillion ton spaceship.

Imagine all of mount everest being propellant.

Now imagine 17000 more everests of propellant. That's how much propellant your spaceship needs to carry to get that mass going 20 km/s.

Tack on a large amount of extra zeroes for how much propellant is needed to get all of the propellant to the starting point.

ftOqU21.png
    jake, girl called me yesterday being all "oh sorry i didn't respond to your messages... things were actually going too well and i panicked a bit and i'm sorry, lets do drinks on saturday"

I am still unsure about mine. Except if I trust what she's saying, there's no reason to be.

But still, brains

we have some dumb situational things to work out before we can actually be a thing so like, the next few months are like "lets keep it casual" but then my brain is like "but how casual is casual aaaaahhhhhh"

Perhaps

she's still living with her ex

ftOqU21.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    One of the biggest German PC-games sites is currently lamenting the death of crowdfunding thanks to the stunt Sony just pulled. They might be right if other publishers jump onto the wagon (and really, why shouldn't they?).

Crowdfunding wont die, Shenmue was a special case.

Special as a deathknell?
    It certainly doesn't help if a publisher uses crowdfunding as a marketing tool.

It was to gauge interest, how many people were actually willing to but a Shenmue 3 if it were to exist. Everyone in the world can say HELL YEAH I want they needed to see how many would put their money where their mouth is.

Bloodstained did the same thing, prospective investors want to know they are paying for a dud.

In the case of Shenmue Sony's head of 3rd party relations said last night if they were to do it internally it would of been a couple years to get the pitch through all the internal channels if it even would go through at all (remember Shenmue 1/2 were massive factors in what sunk Sega as a hardware company)

Yeah, but they actually lied about it. On stage, as far as I know. I hope Gamergate will take them on, because... :P

Yes that is true and should be called out for it.

And they continue to lie by omission on the kickstarter, not mentioning anywhere that they have support from Sony or that Sony is involved at all. Even the Bloodstained kickstarter lets people know there are investors waiting in the wings.

Funniest part was on Giant Bomb's day 1 podcast where they said it looks like Sony is behind it, and the head of Morpheus was with them at the moment, and he said "no, we just gave them a platform..." and they mentioned the livecast you heard the news from, and he said "okay, I didn't listen to that livecast, but I saw the talking points sony sent out and that's what I assume he would stick to, but okay"

Sony did not want people to know they were behind it and that consumer relations guy slipped up, seems to be the story here.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we didn't find a whale shark yesterday argh

poo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

But still, brains

Perhaps

Abdhyius wrote: »

But still, brains

Perhaps

yeah, the ex who i've known for like 6 years

it is a bit awks

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    One dog sleeping between my back and the back of this seat, another dog sleeping on my lap. If I stand up it will be a crime against dog-kind.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    hmm allergies are terrible

Woke up two hours ago to give morphine to the cat, still awake

*sniffles*

hallo chat

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    for an M type asteroid (density 5g/cm3), that's ~2 billion tons

rocket equation, with a rather ludicrous exhaust velocity tells us that 86% of the initial mass has to be propellant to get a delta-v of 20 km/s

so your spaceship, trying to imitate the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, would have a mass of 15 trillion tons.

EDIT: Sorry, 15 trillion. Forgot I was using the short scale.
    or in more relatable terms: you know the great pyramid at giza, right? Pretty big?

Kheops-Pyramid.jpg

Your spaceship would weigh as much as two and a half million great pyramids
    cB557 wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    yessssss Space Engineers is getting planets, maybe next week, and they're huge

QOsAN9cl.jpg

from the surface
    l6lOAULl.jpg

the 1000 m/s mod will be necessary because taking 20 minutes to get from "planet fills your whole view" to getting to the surface might be a bit much

Can you kick up extinction-event dust clouds by crashing massive space ships onto planets.

The meteor that killed the dinosaurs was 10 km wide.
    and a hell of a lot slower than a spaceship on full burn
    @cB557

so in summary, no :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    What are we calling Deebs's baby?

Deebabby? Babbasser?

Deebabby imo

poo
    Hello BC how is it

poo
    Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

*opens mouth, emitting the silent scream of the damned*

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    badee

But still, brains

Perhaps

But still, brains

Perhaps

it is a bit awks

just explain the situation to him

"yo, so, like

hello my name is mr steal your girl

if you dig"

ftOqU21.png
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

I've been awake since 5 AM. You should try it.

Trace wrote: »
    Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

So have I, it's the worst thing ever

Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

I've been awake since 5 PM

ftOqU21.png

But still, brains

Perhaps

But still, brains

Perhaps

it is a bit awks

"yo, so, like

if you dig"

"Sup dogg, you know the girl you loved and who broke your heart? Yeah, I'm dating her now. Where do you keep the tea?"

It's 2 PM. So like, check your preevledge

ftOqU21.png
    i'm not actually really friends with the dude, but that coming up would make her living situation shitty

I am decidedly a morning person, my body and circadian rhythms dictate it to be so, so now I go
    Ah it is past midnight everything is terrible

Which is not very compatible with going out and partying but is great for going to work and the gym which is more than the days I go party

poo
    This preemptive pepto regimen is very helpful despite it definitely being off label use of the medicine

poo
    edited June 2015
    Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

Really? I love it.

Wake up with the birds, watch the sun rise.

Trace on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What are we calling Deebs's baby?

Deebabby? Babbasser?
    Mojo

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Hmmm

Trying to decide between "Fuck it, I guess I'm up now." and "Well I could probably sleep three more hours now that my lungs are working"

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Morning, sleepyheads and wokenheads

welcome to Costco

I love you

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Boom. Won the work quiz

The work quiz now has an actual trophy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Hmmm

Trying to decide between "Fuck it, I guess I'm up now." and "Well I could probably sleep three more hours now that my lungs are working"

I never have that choice my body disallows it
    Unless I am wiped out or can get lots marijuana into my system to knock me out which only works sometimes

poo

But still, brains

Perhaps

But still, brains

Perhaps

it is a bit awks

"yo, so, like

if you dig"

"Sup dogg, you know the girl you loved and who broke your heart? Yeah, I'm dating her now. Where do you keep the tea?"

"Okay so to make it clearer

imagine like an egg ok

now I'm punching the egg, it's smashed

the egg is your heart"

ftOqU21.png
    Tomorrow I have my friend's wedding at this resort that I will go to today

Hopefully all the things I ate will not make me shit myself AT the wedding

poo

But still, brains

Perhaps

But still, brains

Perhaps

it is a bit awks

"yo, so, like

if you dig"

"Okay so to make it clearer

imagine like an egg ok

now I'm punching the egg, it's smashed

the egg is your heart"

ralph-wiggum-heartbreak-simpsons.jpg?w=1160

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    BC, you should get up. In twenty years, when you're fighting radioactive mutants in the shimmering glass desert that is post-Apocalypse America for the last sip of a puddle of brackish water and the tasty part of a decomposing two-headed rat, you'll wish you got up early today and enjoyed life while it was good.

Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

Really? I love it.

Yeah I genuinely LIKE being up in the morning, it's just... so ... tired.. esp since I went to bed at 1 and had to get up to give morphine to the cat and then couldn't return to sleep due to asthma (because, y'know, cat allergy).
    I like getting up at 5am because I need to do something, or because I went to bed early, but not when I've had 4hours of sleep and little choice in the matter heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDZHwb-If9w

god I fucking love Mulaney

Hmmm

I never have that choice my body disallows it
    Unless I am wiped out or can get lots marijuana into my system to knock me out which only works sometimes

I deliberately developed the ability to go back to sleep during senior year of Highschool since I had an hour-and-a-half off-period first thing in the morning twice a week

Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

Really? I love it.

Yeah I genuinely LIKE being up in the morning, it's just... so ... tired.. esp since I went to bed at 1 and had to get up to give morphine to the cat and then couldn't return to sleep due to asthma (because, y'know, cat allergy).
    I like getting up at 5am because I need to do something, or because I went to bed early, but not when I've had 4hours of sleep and little choice in the matter heh

Getting up because fuck it, you're up, will have you awake anyway. So rise and shine.

ftOqU21.png
    also if I don't get any sleep nobody gets any sleep

ftOqU21.png
    Hello BC how is it

It is before ten am

Really? I love it.

Yeah if I'm up past midnight I just pull an all nighter. It's easier that way.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Good morning. [chat]

1) I approve of the use of mr steal yo girl wherever and whenever it can be applied

2) A friendly reminder that a rocket launches next Friday at 13:09ET and I am pretty excited about that

This discussion has been closed.