As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Babby's first [chat].

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    BC, you should get up. In twenty years, when you're fighting radioactive mutants in the shimmering glass desert that is post-Apocalypse America for the last sip of a puddle of brackish water and the tasty part of a decomposing two-headed rat, you'll wish you got up early today and enjoyed life while it was good.

The most elaborate allegorical stand-in for "once you are an old".

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Trace wrote: »
    Yeah if I'm up past midnight I just pull an all nighter. It's easier that way.

This doesn't sound reasonable. Being awake all night was something I could barely manage when I was young and had godlike powers of recuperation. I guess you have trouble sleeping, though?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Bed by 11, up at some arbitrary point between 6:30 and 7 when this alarm decides it is activation time because I can't really set it super accurately

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Co-worker walks by wearing a Hurley shirt. I do a double take as it's one of the ones from Tron Legacy and I ask him if he knows what he's wearing to which he is completely oblivious. *shakes head*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    jake, girl called me yesterday being all "oh sorry i didn't respond to your messages... things were actually going too well and i panicked a bit and i'm sorry, lets do drinks on saturday"

LOOKS LIKE IT'S A GOOD THING I DIDN'T FREAK THE FUCK OUT, HUH

That's always a good damn sign

I am still unsure about mine. Except if I trust what she's saying, there's no reason to be.

But still, brains

we have some dumb situational things to work out before we can actually be a thing so like, the next few months are like "lets keep it casual" but then my brain is like "but how casual is casual aaaaahhhhhh"

Is there perhaps a way i can be casual and you can be exclusive

Perhaps

This is in quotes, you saying it to girl

I realize now it is vague

I'm still like incredibly nervous about the whole navigating being exclusive thing, because I like all of these people I'm seeing but I know I can't date several people at once forever.

And I'm like but what process will tell me the objectively best person to be with?! And I think maybe it's fine and I just keep dating people and one of them will prove to be the person I most enjoy spending time with considering several factors.

Still though early on it's like agh they're cute people who like me and share some common interests they're all completely perfect!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Yeah if I'm up past midnight I just pull an all nighter. It's easier that way.

This doesn't sound reasonable. Being awake all night was something I could barely manage when I was young and had godlike powers of recuperation. I guess you have trouble sleeping, though?

you have -no- idea

There are nights I'll sleep from eight to eight and wake up perfectly refreshed.

and then there are nights I can't sleep. At all.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    One of the biggest German PC-games sites is currently lamenting the death of crowdfunding thanks to the stunt Sony just pulled. They might be right if other publishers jump onto the wagon (and really, why shouldn't they?).

Crowdfunding wont die, Shenmue was a special case.

Special as a deathknell?
    It certainly doesn't help if a publisher uses crowdfunding as a marketing tool.

It was to gauge interest, how many people were actually willing to but a Shenmue 3 if it were to exist. Everyone in the world can say HELL YEAH I want they needed to see how many would put their money where their mouth is.

Bloodstained did the same thing, prospective investors want to know they are paying for a dud.

In the case of Shenmue Sony's head of 3rd party relations said last night if they were to do it internally it would of been a couple years to get the pitch through all the internal channels if it even would go through at all (remember Shenmue 1/2 were massive factors in what sunk Sega as a hardware company)

Yeah, but they actually lied about it. On stage, as far as I know. I hope Gamergate will take them on, because... :P

Yes that is true and should be called out for it.

And they continue to lie by omission on the kickstarter, not mentioning anywhere that they have support from Sony or that Sony is involved at all. Even the Bloodstained kickstarter lets people know there are investors waiting in the wings.

Funniest part was on Giant Bomb's day 1 podcast where they said it looks like Sony is behind it, and the head of Morpheus was with them at the moment, and he said "no, we just gave them a platform..." and they mentioned the livecast you heard the news from, and he said "okay, I didn't listen to that livecast, but I saw the talking points sony sent out and that's what I assume he would stick to, but okay"

Sony did not want people to know they were behind it and that consumer relations guy slipped up, seems to be the story here.

I think the head of SCEA said in the interview with Engadget that they were giving a platform to launch the kickstarter but had the intent to be more involved if it went well. Sounds like there was nothing contractual.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    *heavy sigh*

Okay. Clothes, walk dog, call only friend in the entire city who may be awake at this time...

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I used to not care about kickstarters run by celebrities and the like, but for some reason this Sony thing really grinds my gears.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    That may be because I am only half following the story, so I probably don't have all the facts.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I backed Shemmue 3 when I was in the pub a few days ago.

I could cancel it, but I'd just waste that money anyways so..... Ehh

sig.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I have it pretty nice, I put my head down on my pillow and I'm out after about 5-8 minutes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That may be because I am only half following the story, so I probably don't have all the facts.

Never let that get in the way of a good gear-grinding

The waste heat from pre-emptive grinding gears is what powers social media

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I dunno generally when someone is pissed at sony. I'm pretty much on their side, because Sony is figuratively shit.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Fifa's United Passions confirmed as lowest-grossing film in US history

Frederic Auburtin’s £17m drama made just $918 from 10 cinemas last weekend and has now been pulled from screens by its distributor

heh

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kickstarter has been the new marketing for a while now. Serpent in the Staglands launched a kickstarter for hype then actually withdrew it and will launch another in the future, and now people know what it is and it has a lot more buzz than when the first kickstarter was done.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I dunno generally when someone is pissed at sony. I'm pretty much on their side, because Sony is figuratively shit.

Counterpoint - Sony is the best!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    counter counterpoint, all companies would be assholes, if it wasn't for the fact that you can fuck an asshole and an asshole can't fuck you

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    jake, girl called me yesterday being all "oh sorry i didn't respond to your messages... things were actually going too well and i panicked a bit and i'm sorry, lets do drinks on saturday"

I am still unsure about mine. Except if I trust what she's saying, there's no reason to be.

But still, brains

we have some dumb situational things to work out before we can actually be a thing so like, the next few months are like "lets keep it casual" but then my brain is like "but how casual is casual aaaaahhhhhh"

Perhaps

I'm still like incredibly nervous about the whole navigating being exclusive thing, because I like all of these people I'm seeing but I know I can't date several people at once forever.

And I'm like but what process will tell me the objectively best person to be with?! And I think maybe it's fine and I just keep dating people and one of them will prove to be the person I most enjoy spending time with considering several factors.

Still though early on it's like agh they're cute people who like me and share some common interests they're all completely perfect!

I was in a very long relationship that I knew I should get out of but didn't forever

And now that I'm dating around I am like, wary of getting into that situation again. Because I have a tough time just saying eh this isn't working ENOUGH we should end it. So I'm fighting taking a next step with anyone

I don't know if it's a good thing or not. I just don't want to get into a relationship fast... There's still so many people I haven't dated..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Sony is the last large scale consumer tech company that actually innovates. Samsung, LG, Canon, Panasonic, etc. are so boring by comparison. In th last few years Sony completely reimagined the SLR and compact camera. Their LCD tvs have consistently been the best on the market by a mile. They even make really nice android phones and tablets. Back when they made PCs, the Vaio line was hands down the nicest on the market. They basically pioneered the ultrabook, even before the MacBook Air.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    is babby here yet?

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Counterpoint - Sony is the best!

Lies are not counterpoints

sig.gif
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Huh

Apparently the guy who shot at George Zimmerman during a traffic altercation a couple of months ago is getting charged with attempted murder

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Huh

Apparently the guy who shot at George Zimmerman during a traffic altercation a couple of months ago is getting charged with attempted murder

Didn't stand his ground hard enough

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I'm of two minds about Kickstarters by big companies.

On the one hand, yes, it plays into the preorder culture and means that quality doesn't need to be great because the money is already on the table.

On the other hand, it gives consumers the option to choose projects they want to get made and helps nostalgic projects get greenlit.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ugh clicked the other thread by accident because it was at the top.

fuckkkkkk

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Huh

The dude has a history of violence and clearly goes out attempting to provoke altercations. He's a terrible human being regardless of the fact he was not guilty in the first arrest.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    ok doge asleep, friend asleep, BC asleep

see u nerds in 2 hours

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    I'm of two minds about Kickstarters by big companies.

On the one hand, yes, it plays into the preorder culture and means that quality doesn't need to be great because the money is already on the table.

On the other hand, it gives consumers the option to choose projects they want to get made and helps nostalgic projects get greenlit.

Basically, I'm treating it as a preorder, and that's it. I mean, I'm pretty sure shenmue 3 would have been greenlit regardless, given what it is.

But for 29 freedom papers I will get the game at some point in the future and that's pretty OK by me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

But still, brains

Perhaps

I was in a very long relationship that I knew I should get out of but didn't forever

And now that I'm dating around I am like, wary of getting into that situation again. Because I have a tough time just saying eh this isn't working ENOUGH we should end it. So I'm fighting taking a next step with anyone

I don't know if it's a good thing or not. I just don't want to get into a relationship fast... There's still so many people I haven't dated..

Ditto on the long relationship, though it was a good one.

But it does put this fear in you like oh shit if I remotely focus on this person I'll blink and it'll be 5 years later.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Huh

Yes, he deserves to be stalked and killed since the jury refused to do their duty

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    BC, you should get up. In twenty years, when you're fighting radioactive mutants in the shimmering glass desert that is post-Apocalypse America for the last sip of a puddle of brackish water and the tasty part of a decomposing two-headed rat, you'll wish you got up early today and enjoyed life while it was good.

Bro she's only back in Texas for the summer

• Options
    Huh

Yes, he deserves to be stalked and killed since the jury refused to do their duty

Wasn't this based on something completely separate - a previous traffic altercation where Zimmerman was a dick? This wasn't a guy hunting Zimmerman down "for justice"

Also I was referring to the shooter. If only he had stood his ground harder he wouldn't be charged with murder

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Besides, all parts of those rats are good. Something about that second brain that gives it flavor.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2015
    Sony is the last large scale consumer tech company that actually innovates. Samsung, LG, Canon, Panasonic, etc. are so boring by comparison. In th last few years Sony completely reimagined the SLR and compact camera. Their LCD tvs have consistently been the best on the market by a mile. They even make really nice android phones and tablets. Back when they made PCs, the Vaio line was hands down the nicest on the market. They basically pioneered the ultrabook, even before the MacBook Air.

I have a really hard time looking at them as the only large scale tech company that innovates when the hololens, the self driving car, haptic trackpads and othersuch innovations are happening all the time from tech giants.

edit: and everything you are mentioning is more iteration than innovation. Iteration is good! It moves existing platforms forward in meaningful ways. But better phones and tablets that hew to the existing standard so very closely is not innovation.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

But still, brains

Perhaps

U should read Aziz's new book I am almost done with it

poo
  • Options
    Huh

Wasn't this based on something completely separate - a previous traffic altercation where Zimmerman was a dick? This wasn't a guy hunting Zimmerman down "for justice"

Also I was referring to the shooter. If only he had stood his ground harder he wouldn't be charged with murder

It was the third time the guy has had an interaction with Zimmerman, but yeah, no knowing who escalated first in the earlier interactions.

As for the Perfect Crime* stand your ground meme, well...

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I awoke this morning, looked at my clock and saw I had another hour to sleep before getting up for work, saw the cat laying half on the bed and half on the windowsill with her head tucked into the corner and looking ever so peaceful

and for a moment the baseline level of stress and discontent was just

not there

and everything was good.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I wonder if people tend to feel like that with any sort of regularity or consistency.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I wonder if people tend to feel like that with any sort of regularity or consistency.

This is how most days feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfchvCyHmsc

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.