As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy]: Spoony Bard vs. Meteor Sage edition

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I hope when the time comes they go for intentionally retro ads that call back the original advertisements:

index.php?ACT=92&fid=46&d=509&f=finalfantasy7c.jpg

Someone get the guys who built the Junon Cannon a cig and blindfold, because that is the least practical defense system I've seen in a long time. What if someone invades from a few meters to the left, geniuses?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Taranis wrote: »
    Wow. That's one of the boldest game ads I've ever seen.

Pretty standard console warz stuff from back in the day, honestly.

I don't remember many ads that talked about exectuting their competition and I lived through that decade.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The Honeybee Inn is...in.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Quick-Time-Events-Will-Not-be-in-KH3-5575

I like the way he slickly avoids the Aerith question.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Any news on the lightning collection coming to PS4 rumor? I just refunded my FFXIII on Steam for being probably the worst port I've ever seen. So I'm in the minority here but since I missed out on all them last generation, I wouldn't actually mind having the collection on this gen.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Billmaan wrote: »
    Ugh. Looks like Garnet's event is one more event that I'm not going to be able to complete.

I went in against Black Waltz I with near as good a party as I could make, aside from my dumbass decision to give Cloud Ice Armor. Everyone at or near level 50, Cloud with Fire Strike and Terra with Firaga, Tifa packing Armor Break and Tidus with Boost and Magic Break, Lenna carrying Curaga. I even brought along a Trance Fira RW that did like 8000 damage a pop and blew a Mythril to start the battle with everything topped off and made sure to focus fire on Black Waltz I, since he can just revive Sealion.

And I still got stomped without getting anywhere near to the end of Black Waltz I's health. I can see where my limit lies.
    That fight is pretty tough. It gets much easier if you bring a Celes RW with Runic Blade. Cast it with your mage. It'll absorb all the single-target spells (i.e. most of the damage) and restore ability charges. The free recharging means you can even pack Firaja.

Incidentally, that fight is much easier in the boss rush, as the HP totals are much, much lower.

Anyone here have a Runic Blade RW?

This thread has pretty much all useful Soul Breaks as friends.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Friendly reminder: Squall event starts tonight, so don't forget to pull your free relic before the reset!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Friendly reminder: Squall event starts tonight, so don't forget to pull your free relic before the reset!

They fixed that in the major Tidus patch.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh really? Well... shit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Looks like they changed the rewards in the Squall event -- there are lots of 3* non-elemental orbs up for grabs. It's glorious.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I hope when the time comes they go for intentionally retro ads that call back the original advertisements:

Someone get the guys who built the Junon Cannon a cig and blindfold, because that is the least practical defense system I've seen in a long time. What if someone invades from a few meters to the left, geniuses?

To be fair, the cannon can track targets more than just straight ahead, you see its aim being adjusted in one of the later cutscenes.

I'm also assuming you've never played the game, since Junon has about 150 extra secondary artillery turrets and battalions of soldiers armed with RPGs to repel an attack.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    OMG RNGEsus is real once more!!!
    5gseq9nlpz4u.jpg

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

To be fair, the cannon can track targets more than just straight ahead, you see its aim being adjusted in one of the later cutscenes.

I'm also assuming you've never played the game, since Junon has about 150 extra secondary artillery turrets and battalions of soldiers armed with RPGs to repel an attack.

I stand thoroughy corrected.

• Options
    Ugh, the temporary worker who was supposed to cover the shift after mine today decided he had better things to do than work, so I wasted all the stamina for my afternoon. Now I can't do Squall's event. Boourns, lazy temp worker!

I need Black, Power, and Lightning Orbs like crazy, so I probably won't see Squall's event until Thursday. I should probably also farm lesser Power orbs on Thursday, which would push poor Squall to Friday.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Fiesta continues! Monk, Red Mage, and Geomancer. I'm starting to feel like I might be in trouble when it comes to the late game.

Oh wow I forgot about that, is it too late to sign up? Might put FFD on hold for a bit.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Fiesta continues! Monk, Red Mage, and Geomancer. I'm starting to feel like I might be in trouble when it comes to the late game.

Oh wow I forgot about that, is it too pate to sign up? Might put FFD on hold for a bit.

Won't be too late for about two months.

You could register on the last day if you felt really confident in your speedrunning capabilities.

Speaking of Fiesta, I just joined, and my first job is Blue Mage.

Eeeheeheehee. This is off to a good start.

• Options
    edited June 2015

If you've never seen it, here's Junon repelling an attack from Emerald WEAPON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayA5wS7sL6I

It's also Shinra's greatest contribution in the "war" against Sephiroth.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man...I'm still not done with the regular dungeons...new Squall event and I haven't even got all new memory crystals...why u do this to me FFRK?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular

Oh wow I forgot about that, is it too pate to sign up? Might put FFD on hold for a bit.

Won't be too late for about two months.

You could register on the last day if you felt really confident in your speedrunning capabilities.

Speaking of Fiesta, I just joined, and my first job is Blue Mage.

Eeeheeheehee. This is off to a good start.

Last year my run fizzled out pretty early into the game. I think I pulled a White Mage, Mystic Knight, Ninja, and Chemist. The party was just so overpowered, and I had Chemist the year before and was still completely burnt out on grinding mix ingredients.

Final party for this go: Monk, Red Mage, Geomancer, and Samurai. Not a whole lot of interesting combinations, but I think I should be able to get through without just throwing money at everything. Geomancer can deal some real damage in certain situations, Samurai and Monk can hit decently well and take a beating, Red Mage can at least break rods and play low level support.

I'm wondering if I should buy a few rings before I hit the next section of the game? I don't remember the coming boss fights particularly well, but my healing ability is going to flatline real soon.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Still seems like an awfully limited arc of fire.
    But then, I suppose when there's, what 1 other city capable of mounting a sea born assault on the planet, you kind of know where you're going to be firing the thing when you build it.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

But then, I suppose when there's, what 1 other city capable of mounting a sea born assault on the planet, you kind of know where you're going to be firing the thing when you build it.

Remember, Shinra is able to disassemble and reassemble Sister Ray in the space of less than a week. Pretty sure they don't care about its firing arc all that much.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I done the fiesta run over 30 times. Have had every class but one. Blue Mage.

I refuse to give in and just spam 750 runs though.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    In my head, the Junon cannon is aimed at Wutai, just in case they start up again.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

That's not Emerald Weapon though ;)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So is getting beastmaster and Blue mage basically cheating?

Cause I mean, white wind that early is pretty nutso.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So far we have

Butts: Knight
    Lenna: Thief
    Faris: Berserker

Ok. We're still good.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    So is getting beastmaster and Blue mage basically cheating?

Cause I mean, white wind that early is pretty nutso.

You won the run, just as surely as if you'd rolled black mage

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Gilgabot is taking forever.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

Try checking the site directly, sometimes the twitter bot gets bogged down.

• Options

White Mage, Time Mage, Bard, Chemist...

• Options

Good god, man.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Galuf/Krile: Black Mage

OH THANK GOD.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

Good god, man.

This is probably the worst Natural 750 run.

• Options
    So, we have just received a cease and desist order from Square-Enix. So we are packing up shop and hoping that this means we will see a release from them in the coming months.

If this is true, please consider buying the game to support Dragon Quest here in the west. It's the only way we will see more of these game from Square-Enix.

Thanks to everyone who offered a hand with the editing.

So this confirms DQVII will be localized, right?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, we have just received a cease and desist order from Square-Enix. So we are packing up shop and hoping that this means we will see a release from them in the coming months.

If this is true, please consider buying the game to support Dragon Quest here in the west. It's the only way we will see more of these game from Square-Enix.

Context?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Black mage. Damage, rods, AND healing if you're willing to grind. It's nice having a good fiesta. I haven't gotten my earth job yet, but so far, Black mage, Berserker and ranger is looking pretty good. Ranger is probably the weak link here.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Uhh big difficulty spike on the level to get garnets memory crystal. No way I'm getting through that.

Oh well, time for squall then.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Black mage. Damage, rods, AND healing if you're willing to grind. It's nice having a good fiesta. I haven't gotten my earth job yet, but so far, Black mage, Berserker and ranger is looking pretty good. Ranger is probably the weak link here.

Are you me from the future?
    I just got my water job, Berserker to go along with my Black Mages.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Remember, Shinra is able to disassemble and reassemble Sister Ray in the space of less than a week. Pretty sure they don't care about its firing arc all that much.

The game setting has a dude that fights tanks with a sword.

Just... putting that out there. For the whole practicality argument.

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Context?

The fan translation got C&D'd by Square.

This discussion has been closed.