As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy]: Spoony Bard vs. Meteor Sage edition

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Unrelated, not that she's hard anyway, but Medusa is vulnerable to Break.

Eight casts of Break and she still didn't die. Booooo

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    100 gem pull, got Leon's Golden Armor.

Debating if I want to pull again or try my luck on a different banner.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Cleared up through the + (without mastery). Figuring my abilities just aren't honed enough to tackle the ++. Think I'll try to use the event to farm up orbs until it switches, though.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Yea this seems like the most painless 4* orb grinding ever.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Are we getting a new story event Sunday like usual; or does this SB event take the place of an event?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Confirmed on official website: Tuesday

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Double post

silence1186 on
    Ah cool, I actually didn't know that site had that info. Just used it for boss stuff.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    They only just started giving info on upcoming events. :)

That said, they're amazingly fast when it comes to updating. Once an event starts, boom all the info is right up there instantly.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I wish the site had more information, though, like total HP stats, percentages for how often each attack is likely to be used, and rather than listing immunities, list the vulnerabilities instead.

Don't do what I did with the lithographs. I used one to unlock rewards on a stage, but stupidly hit back on my phone and it backed out of the rewards. Figuring it was still unlocked, I said I'd get back to it, went and did the ++ fight (no lithograph, because fuck that stage) and came back to find the stage I used a litho on had locked up again. Wasted. I've sent a support ticket to DeNA. We'll see what happens.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

This strikes me as rather ironic.

The Greeks agreed.

...Oh.

See, here I was thinking that "reviewing her legend" meant that you were supposed to beat her by using Reflect, since Perseus killed her by reflecting her image back at her with his shield.

edited September 2015
    Confirmed on official website: Tuesday

...aw damn.

Do I want to try my luck on Lunatic High and Doublecast Venom, Sentinel's Grimoire, or Fabled Song?

...well, I guess that first one. Doublecast Venom is the only one given to a character I know I'm actually using.

Though I'll bet Fabled Song will be a VERY popular Roaming Warrior.

Enlong on
    Enlong wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

This strikes me as rather ironic.

The Greeks agreed.

...Oh.

See, here I was thinking that "reviewing her legend" meant that you were supposed to beat her by using Reflect, since Perseus killed her by reflecting her image back at her with his shield.

Liberties were taken. Sadly the drop rate on Medusa is not nearly as good as I thought it might be.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited September 2015
    Damn. I missed mastering the ++ fight all due to mistimimg when Retaliate fell off. That missed attack would have killed Spathi before MegaFlare, as opposed to right after.

It's a doable fight though. Don't be shy about trying it. My team was:

RW: Boon
    Garnet 56 (Light of the Fayth RM)
    Curaga R5/Protectga R1

Rydia 60 (Devotion RM)
    Blizzaga R4/Thundaga R4

Tidus 65 (Sky Pirate's Pride RM)
    Magic Break R3/Double Cut R5

Cloud 64 (Self-Sacrifice RM)
    Armor Break R3/Retaliate R5

Wakka 55 (Double Hit RM)
    Boost R5/Power Breakdown R1

Power Breakdown was a waste. I'm thinking of using Drain Blade with Cloud and running Armor Breakdown with Wakka. I didn't use Advance, that will prob make the fight quicker.

Edit: Also, don't need to master for the secret treasures. So just received 10 major growth eggs.

Edit2: Wakka was using Double-Hit RM.

Shamus on
    What's a good place to farm for Summoner's second RM? I'll need a good place to grind it out if I don't get it by finishing up these To Slay a Sorceress low-rank quests.

What's a good place to farm for Summoner's second RM? I'll need a good place to grind it out if I don't get it by finishing up these To Slay a Sorceress low-rank quests.

I got it in a daily. Took me awhile, but I wasn't specifically farming for it. I think Vector Streets (VI) might be the go-to, due to the trash showing up 5 at a time.

My haul from Yuna's banner:
    Main Gauche
    Swordbreaker
    Sleep Blade
    Halberd
    Golem Staff
    Healer's Staff
    Ice Helm
    Diamond Helm
    Luminous Robe
    Golden Armor (yay character SB relic)
    Edincoat

Do you have to master a stage to get the forbidden reward?

Just wondering if I give the ++ a go and don't master it, if I'll still get them sweet sweet major eggs. I'd really like the 8 4*'s from mastering it but it's far more important to me to get those majors and I can't imagine I can't at least beat the stage; just don't know if I can without losing more than 2 medals.

Of course if I could keep a damn single Advance on my friends list it might not be so difficult. Seriously the night before last I had 8 advances, today? None.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm confused by the forbidden reward thing. So I have 10 pulls at it? But the content will change every 2 days? Should I pull 1 or 2 things a group ONLY? Is there a way to replenish the draws?

I'm confused by the forbidden reward thing. So I have 10 pulls at it? But the content will change every 2 days? Should I pull 1 or 2 things a group ONLY? Is there a way to replenish the draws?

I'm just bugged that there are 5 tablets instead of the 4 there were in FFV.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Just wondering if I give the ++ a go and don't master it, if I'll still get them sweet sweet major eggs. I'd really like the 8 4*'s from mastering it but it's far more important to me to get those majors and I can't imagine I can't at least beat the stage; just don't know if I can without losing more than 2 medals.

Of course if I could keep a damn single Advance on my friends list it might not be so difficult. Seriously the night before last I had 8 advances, today? None.

I'm on advance. Code is zcsi

Thank you!

If anyone needs a high level Sabin with Rising Phoenix (AoE Fire) I'm 3fKH

I'm hoping to get something a bit more useful eventually (though, its pretty good damage), but I have ass luck with getting relics that actually have SBs on them. :rotate:

Well, ass luck getting relics at all, really; most of my 5*+ are combined 3/4* stuff.

Hell yeah! Summoning Spring II GET.

Time to ditch Summoner and add Eiko or Vanille or someone.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2015
    I tried today's ++ fight this morning without unlocking so I wouldn't waste a token on it and got through okay. So I went back, unlocked it, and have gotten my face stomped in 4 consecutive times. Figures.

A duck! on
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    How is this like the best FF game I've played in 5 years? I'm approaching 50 with my first part (Tyro/Cloud/Kain/Aerith/Vivi), and I'm not sure where to go from there. Do I just keep picking away at the elites I can while amassing orbs and hoping for 5 star stuff? I've got everyone in 4 star mostly (one 5 weapon and one 3 defense item). I'm sitting on around 40 mythril, but I don't want to spend it too heavily as I tend to use it to keep grinding away if I'm enjoying a particular day of missions or whatnot.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

You and one other person are the only two Advances I have on regular rotation in my Friends List. It seems so weird that for a few days, I'd add some advance people from the reddit master list, and then not barely 48 hours later, they somehow disappear.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

How is this like the best FF game I've played in 5 years? I'm approaching 50 with my first part (Tyro/Cloud/Kain/Aerith/Vivi), and I'm not sure where to go from there. Do I just keep picking away at the elites I can while amassing orbs and hoping for 5 star stuff? I've got everyone in 4 star mostly (one 5 weapon and one 3 defense item). I'm sitting on around 40 mythril, but I don't want to spend it too heavily as I tend to use it to keep grinding away if I'm enjoying a particular day of missions or whatnot.

5 star equipment doesn't ever drop randomly; it's only gotten via relic pulls. 5 star orbs are also not dropped randomly but are rewards from events and specific (high level elite) dungeons.

But yeah, do whatever you can. make sure you're not wasting stamina (i.e. don't get 5 shards when you still have stamina to spend, as it is a full refill), and prioritize events over everything; except possibly the xp daily on sunday.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

That doesn't answer the question? Like... at all. Does anybody know more about this? I'd hate to waste a non-replenishable resource on something stupid, but not buying something good before it disappears would ALSO be a waste...

edited September 2015

That doesn't answer the question? Like... at all. Does anybody know more about this? I'd hate to waste a non-replenishable resource on something stupid, but not buying something good before it disappears would ALSO be a waste...

We're mostly as confused as you are. Our understanding going into the event would that we would start OUT with 2 for each phase, adding up to 10 total. Getting 10 to start threw us all off.

As is: I would want Heroic through ++ for this phase anyway so I spent there, and if we get more at the start of phase 2 I'll start planning accordingly, but until then it's kind of a crapshoot.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin

Use three tablets on Heroic, +, and ++ fights.

That's 16 Major Growth Eggs. If we get more tablets, awesome. If not, you still have 16 Major Growth Eggs, and 3 mithril.

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Did a three relic pull on the first banner and got Quistis' Sleipnir Tail, Viking Coat(5 star light armor FFXII) and some 3 star trash item I forgot about. Since my goal was the Sleipnir Tail for Quistis, I was quite happy.

Even if the 10 we have is all we get, I'm fine with it, since what I primarily wanted were eggs anyway. I'm going to do all 6 (3 this, 3 last phase) major egg treasures and the last 4, dunno, probably one of the bigger weapon materials and 2-3 of the gil, since that's always useful. Almost every piece of armor I have is max level, and my inventory is almost always full anyway, so unless we end up getting more lithographs I doubt I'll worry too much about the forbidden rewards there.

Man fuck the FFV DU8 trash.

Except the tombstones who keep killing themselves for reasons I cannot discern.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Been a long time coming but finally getting close to crafting Shellga, Protectga and Slowga.

Do those buffs stack with ones from roaming warrior with ones such as sentinel's grimoire? I'm guessing no but damn would be nice.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Man I don't know if I can down heroic. Hard medusa was a total health sponge against my best stuff

edited September 2015
    Question. What are the numbers like on Impetuous Youth compared to Devotion?

I know that both boost Magic, and that Impetuous Youth drops Resistence compared to Devotion's defense and resistance, but how much does each raise magic, and how much do they each lower their defenses?

Enlong on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Been a long time coming but finally getting close to crafting Shellga, Protectga and Slowga.

Do those buffs stack with ones from roaming warrior with ones such as sentinel's grimoire? I'm guessing no but damn would be nice.

Shell and Protect DO stack with sentinel's grimoire, but do not stack with things like Lunatic High or Boon.

edited September 2015
    Question. What are the numbers like on Impetuous Youth compared to Devotion?

I know that both boost Magic, and that Impetuous Youth drops Resistence compared to Devotion's defense and resistance, but how much does each raise magic, and how much do they each lower their defenses?

Devotion is +20% mag -10% def/res
    Impetuous Youth is +10% mag - 10% res

EDIT: yeah, res. not def.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited September 2015
    From what I can find (mostly comments on the FFRK strategy site..), Devotion is 20% increase to MAG, 10% decrease to DEF and RES, Impetuous Youth is 15% increase to MAG with 10% decrease to RES. Take that with as big a salt shaker as you need.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Well. I'd say that Vivi's magic is big enough, and his defenses small enough, that Devotion is the better skill, since it's all percentage-based.

This discussion has been closed.