As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy]: Spoony Bard vs. Meteor Sage edition

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Been a long time coming but finally getting close to crafting Shellga, Protectga and Slowga.

Do those buffs stack with ones from roaming warrior with ones such as sentinel's grimoire? I'm guessing no but damn would be nice.

Shell and Protect DO stack with sentinel's grimoire, but do not stack with things like Lunatic High or Boon.
    Oh shit.

Yessss.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    What magic fucking pixel targets the soul cannon and not the fucking launchers?

Holy shit.

EDIT: the front, apparently. I swear the first two times I tried it was just randomly targeting the launchers. Bleh.

I imagine I'm a long way from the necessary damage output to do that on Elite. Oh well. One more Classic dungeon left before it's just elites for me.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    What magic fucking pixel targets the soul cannon and not the fucking launchers?

Holy shit.

Targeting in this game can be a goddamn mess sometimes, particularly when they're actually in an animation. Lot of times I've tried to swing at Cloud while he's doing his counterattacks from another swing and I just...I can't tap him. And my muscle memory just takes me right through and all of a sudden Vivi's beating on Anima with a stick.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    I tried today's ++ fight this morning without unlocking so I wouldn't waste a token on it and got through okay. So I went back, unlocked it, and have gotten my face stomped in 4 consecutive times. Figures.

I am legitimately wondering if the fights get harder after your first clear. The first time I did Heroic, I fought two waves of two porcupines, and they cast single target magic. When I went back to farm for Greater Fire Orbs, there were waves of 3 and 4 and they spammed powerful AoE magic.
    Do you have to master a stage to get the forbidden reward?

Just wondering if I give the ++ a go and don't master it, if I'll still get them sweet sweet major eggs. I'd really like the 8 4*'s from mastering it but it's far more important to me to get those majors and I can't imagine I can't at least beat the stage; just don't know if I can without losing more than 2 medals.

Of course if I could keep a damn single Advance on my friends list it might not be so difficult. Seriously the night before last I had 8 advances, today? None.

I'm on advance. Code is zcsi

You and one other person are the only two Advances I have on regular rotation in my Friends List. It seems so weird that for a few days, I'd add some advance people from the reddit master list, and then not barely 48 hours later, they somehow disappear.

If you're not mutual friends with an Advance RW, you get bumped off as other people try to add the same friends with the Advance RW. Prevents decay in the friend lists.
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Been a long time coming but finally getting close to crafting Shellga, Protectga and Slowga.

Do those buffs stack with ones from roaming warrior with ones such as sentinel's grimoire? I'm guessing no but damn would be nice.

The general rule is the exact same effect is always overwritten by the most recent application of that buff/debuff, regardless of the potency of the new effect. For example:

If I Armor Breakdown, then Armor Break, then summon Vanille's Deprotega, I will only get the benefits if the latest effect (Deprotega)

If I Armor Breakdown, then Armor Break, then summon Wakka's Status Reels, I will get the benefits of Armor Break AND Status Reels, since they do different things (one reduces Armor, one reduces Armor AND Resistance).

Similarly, if I Boost then Valor Minuet II, only the Minuet will apply.

However, if I Boost then Advance, both apply, since Advance has another effect (lowers Defense) so they are different buffs.

Cecil's Rampart and Tyro's Sentinel grimoire shouldn't stack with each other, but will with Protect(ga) and/or Shell(ga).

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Went back to do the Exp Egg ++ fight. Advantaliate ftw. Opened up with Shellga from Yuna, and proceeded to set up everything so Sephiroth was cutting down the aeons with Double Hit from Tidus and Double Cut from Cloud (and some hits from Yuna and Cecil).

Set up the second use of Advance just before Spathi came out and got lucky because he targeted Sephiroth a couple of times, or I wouldn't have killed it before he cast Megaflare. Only lost 1 medal due to actions.

Gimme all those eggs.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm confused by the forbidden reward thing. So I have 10 pulls at it? But the content will change every 2 days? Should I pull 1 or 2 things a group ONLY? Is there a way to replenish the draws?

I'm just bugged that there are 5 tablets instead of the 4 there were in FFV.

That doesn't answer the question? Like... at all. Does anybody know more about this? I'd hate to waste a non-replenishable resource on something stupid, but not buying something good before it disappears would ALSO be a waste...

You use a tablet on a stage. If you beat the stage (you do not need to master it), you get the forbidden reward.

Once unlocked, it stays unlocked. Don't freak out thinking you only have one chance to beat the stage. If you fail, just try again.

You can only get the forbidden reward for any stage once.

If you're looking for the general best way to go about using these things, then use 2 tablets on the + and ++ stages for each different day. Or barring that, the two highest difficulty ones you can manage.

Otherwise, just use them on whatever reward you want. Personally speaking, I'm probably going to use 3 on both egg days, then the remaining 4 on the gil day. I have no use for an assload of upgrade materials, especially since they take up valuable inventory space.

We may be getting 2 more tablets tomorrow? For an additional total of 8? Nobody really has any clue WTF is going on with them.

In that case, whatever you do just make sure to use them even on the easiest stages. For no other reason than the mythril reward.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm confused by the forbidden reward thing. So I have 10 pulls at it? But the content will change every 2 days? Should I pull 1 or 2 things a group ONLY? Is there a way to replenish the draws?

I'm just bugged that there are 5 tablets instead of the 4 there were in FFV.

That doesn't answer the question? Like... at all. Does anybody know more about this? I'd hate to waste a non-replenishable resource on something stupid, but not buying something good before it disappears would ALSO be a waste...

You use a tablet on a stage. If you beat the stage (you do not need to master it), you get the forbidden reward.

Once unlocked, it stays unlocked. Don't freak out thinking you only have one chance to beat the stage. If you fail, just try again.

You can only get the forbidden reward for any stage once.

If you're looking for the general best way to go about using these things, then use 2 tablets on the + and ++ stages for each different day. Or barring that, the two highest difficulty ones you can manage.

Otherwise, just use them on whatever reward you want. Personally speaking, I'm probably going to use 3 on both egg days, then the remaining 4 on the gil day. I have no use for an assload of upgrade materials, especially since they take up valuable inventory space.

We may be getting 2 more tablets tomorrow? For an additional total of 8? Nobody really has any clue WTF is going on with them.

In that case, whatever you do just make sure to use them even on the easiest stages. For no other reason than the mythril reward.

This is all good info, thanks. So you need to use the tablet BEFORE entering the stage? If you beat it first, you'll have to beat it again to use the tablet or something like that?

• Options
    Correct. But on the hardest stages it might not be a bad idea to make sure you CAN beat the stage before using a tablet on it and going again since there's no penalty to do so other than stamina spent.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Correct. But on the hardest stages it might not be a bad idea to make sure you CAN beat the stage before using a tablet on it and going again since there's no penalty to do so other than stamina spent.

I did exactly this on the ++ stage. Beat it first to get mastery, and just to make sure I could beat it. Then went back, used the tablet, and beat it again for the reward.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait, how do you get tablets? Do you need to be in the app when the date turns?

• Options
    Surely not, they'll just be there when phase 2 hits. Or not! Since we don't know if we're actually getting more.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Has anyone Mastered Elite Ronka Ruins 1 or Seifer, Fujin and Raijin EX++? For some reason I'm super intimidated by those fights and feel like Advantaliate won't cut it and that I'm going to have to craft/hone a bunch of high level spells and summons to be able to stand a chance. Afterwards, the extra high level spells will be useless and take up ability inventory I don't have.

• Options
    I'm fairly certain with a Sleeping Gas RW I have the ability to master the EX++ (When I completed it I only had one medal lost for actions taken) but not the patience to farm the right series of events to get 1 or 0 medals for damage taken. Relevant spells I have R3 Quake, R2 Valefor, R1 Faith, R2 Waterja, R2 Thundaja, R4 Biora, R2 Biora, R3 Comet, R1 Shellga, R1 Protectga, R3 Diaga (or whichever the 4* one is)

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I would have to hone Quake, Valefor, Waterja, Thundaja, Diaja, and Faith, as well as craft a second Biora, and a Comet. That is a metric ton of orbs.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Has anyone Mastered Elite Ronka Ruins 1 or Seifer, Fujin and Raijin EX++? For some reason I'm super intimidated by those fights and feel like Advantaliate won't cut it and that I'm going to have to craft/hone a bunch of high level spells and summons to be able to stand a chance. Afterwards, the extra high level spells will be useless and take up ability inventory I don't have.

I haven't done elite yet for Ronka 1, no; but the damage done by the launchers/cannon are purely % based, so no mitigation is needed or helpful and the fight is identical to classic.

Advantaliate would work fine so long as you either 1) made sure you only damaged the Soul Cannon so the retaliates only hit it or 2) AoE the launchers (if you have honed lightning summons for instance) and then go nuts on the cannon.

You kinda want haste though, so if you don't have sazh or Red with their SB's, you'll need to RW it, which means you won't be using advance.

If you have enough lightning damage to spread around you can get out of using advance, or you could bring haste and just cast it independently. Alternately if you have most everyone with some form of double attack (either the RM or the ability) you'll probably be ok.

You just need to get the cannon down before it fires, it is quite literally a dps race. The launchers can't kill you. They do 50% of your current health in damage so they'll never drop you down low enough to kill you themselves. The Cannon, however, does 50% of your max health, so if you aren't over 50% health on everyone when it fires, you're dead.

Having said all that, IMO the easiest way is to bring in Carbuncle, since it reflects the missiles the launchers use, toss it on first thing (you might just s/l if you can't get it off before they fire) and after that if you're advantaliating, go nuts, or if you're lightning damage it, focus on the cannon and ignore the Launchers.

The only thing to watch out for, if advantailiating for it is that if you're using reflect to ignore the missiles, if they hit themselves they will do damage, but never kill themselves. They won't hurt the cannon though. You only need to be aware of that if they get to a lower health % than the cannon, your retaliates will target it. But if you're reflecting you can actually survive the Wave Cannon, you just sacrifice the 3 medals plus 1-2 for damage (don't know the exact formula, but ideally you won't lose any, but the single wave shot is the only thing that should hurt you at all for 50% health), meaning you can't miss any other medals in any other part; and you need to get at least one lightning hit on it.

The biggest challenge would probably be the trash, honestly. If you've got good hones and/or the WHM/BLM/SMN RM2's to refill every battle you're probably good to go. Just keep in mind the launcher enemies as trash do a % health based attack like the boss launchers, so they should be focused; despite the lamias being able to paralyze/blind/sleep/confuse you. :rotate: Basically S/L up ins.

EDIT: also the launchers can be paralized. Another valid way of dealing with them if you're advantaliating; however you're bound to take at least one hit and are relying on getting both parad first try. You could also individual haste but that's still taking time and reducing damage overall since its such a tight dps race.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    It is a lot, and that was what I had during the second attempt. I was running low on charges by the time I could get them to fall. The first attempt I actually did run out which is what prompted me to hone up Valefor and the Biora we got from the event to 2 (I already had one at 4). I forget which event it was a little while back that just dumped Earth orbs on us for me to get Quake up to 3 but I remember doing that in response to the Reno/Rude fight and if this ++ is any indication, it might prove useful for a while. Of course once Ruinga comes along for all those jerks who are Earth-immune..

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

I haven't done Ronka Ruins 1 on even classic yet, but briefly sussing it out, the launchers are weak to Break and Death, if that helps any.

As for that ++ fight... yeah, sleep and spells are pretty much your only option. I think I saved the party so I can get more details later, but off the top of my head this is what I did. Offense wise I have all the -aga spells at R4, Biora R4, Quake R2, Firaja R2, and specifically honed Waterja to R4 and created and hone Valefor to R2. Gear wise, my only two amazing mage items are a Fujin's Chakram and Mystery Veil. Everything else is either 3/4*, or the VIII gear we got from this and the last event.

Selphie: Using the Light Staff and other 3* to boost MND, and the materia to boost holy damage. She casted Faith on everybody, then used Diara R4 to do about 2-3k of damage. So nothing much other than general support and minor damage (though it adds up I guess). I considered honing Diaga up as far as I could, but I didn't have to.

Rinoa: Using Fujin's Chakram and Mystery Veil, and Attunement II, making her the MVP. Biora R4 and Firaga R4. Biora was already doing 8k damage, so I didn't use Faith on her until she was using Firaga.

Quistis: Using a 3 or 4 star rod and 3* gear, and full atb materia. Initial main role was to hopefully get that fucking RW off as quick as possible. I originally had her using -aga spells, but she was completely limp wristed, only doing 1500 or so. I eventually put Firaja R2 on her, and Sleep. So really her main job near the end of the fight was making damn sure nobody woke up, especially if that second Sleeping Gas missed.

Garnet: Light Rod and 3* gear. Valfor R2 and Shiva R3 (which I also specifically honed for this, but not like I have any use for those 3* summon orbs). I used Faith on her first. Valefor was doing ~6k damage, and Shiva only about 3. After those ran out, she just sat there.

Vivi: Flail++ and I think he was using the ++ bracers. Devotion materia. Quake R2 and Waterja R4. I waited until he was faithed before using Quake, and it was doing 7k damage. I completely forgot about the Gaia vest though, and apparently I had a Gravity Rod too that I forgot (Quistis might have been using that actually). So it might have done more. Waterja pre Faith hit for 8k. I don't think I used up all of Waterja, so maybe you can get away with R3.

Hopefully that gives you a ballpark estimate on what you might need and can expect. And creating and honing Biora and Valefor won't go to waste, they'll be useful for the Golbez event.

• Options
    Well. So much for doing the ++ in the new event. Not when Isaaru is 3 bosses in a row with all-hitting attacks that take off more than half my life that they can do whenever.

• Options
    Welp. Beat Isaaru in Forbidden Treasure.

Not even gonna try for Mastery. Fuck you, Gale Wings.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

It was Hellfire for me. Don't care, got orbs.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »

It was Hellfire for me. Don't care, got orbs.

Yeah, I went in equipped to nerf Hellfire, with Shellga and Magic Break. Either Gale Wings is physical, or it's just that damn strong, but any mage it targeted died in one shot from full life.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Just did Isaaru for the hell of it. Went advantaliate, with only shellga and power/magic breakdowns (unhoned, magic on ifrit and valifor and power on valifor and bahamut). No protect.

Ifrit used hellfire once but it only did about 500ish to everyone. He got off 4 firas otherwise bit between shellga and magic breakdown they were only doing about 400, except the last which was apparently after magic breakdown faded, one last potshot the turn before he died and it was like 2k, fortunately on Sabin who has plenty of health. Valifor died before his (her?) Third turn, only used normal attack twice. Burned down bahamut before he said 2.

I haven't the slightest clue how to screenshot the game or I'd link my build, but the tl;dr of it is almost norhing besides retaliate and boost are honed past level 2.

Didn't bother bringing any heals, all or nothing, which freed a spot up for haste which I had selphie apply all around throughout every turn while Sabin and tyro double attacked cloud and armor breaked and boosted when appropriate, wakka was on breakdown duty and punching cloud otherwise (only need power for bahamut).

With a third double attack and/or more honed of the two or josephs RM2 it could probably be done minus advance, with boon or lunatic high out of the gate for the haste. I had several turns to spare before megaflare, however I probably would have ended up losing two moves medals instead of just one.

Either way, lucky or not, mastered first try!

Ok, second; I s/l'd once because I wasn't thinking and used advance before retaliate and blew a whole round of attack and double attacks on cloud :lol:

So if I can do it, anyone can!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I've resolved to put a draw into each of this event's banners just to see what I'd get out of it.

...I just did a 1-pull and got the Emerald Bracer (X).

So yeah kids, the more you fuss over 11-pulls, the more 3- and 4-star items you get out of them.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Just beat Elite Ronka Ruins 1. Much hemming and hawing over it all week, and went in and cleared it without losing a single medal. Vivi with six casts of Quake and Devotion materia took out the six waves of trash, and then two spell blades and two black mages packing thundara/thunder strike and thundaja/thundaga killed the boss. The last spot was a summoner with Boost and Carbuncle, who also summoned my Lunatic High RW. I still barely killed the stupid thing before it fired, and I was doing 9k plus per hit.

Now to tackle Fujin and Raijin. This is going to be horrible.

• Options
    Really tempted to get the forbidden reward for Hard. Those 5 Greaters is the same as one major egg.

And Mog is saying come back tomorrow for more tablets.

I guess worst case is I end up with slightly less gil from the whole event. :rotate:

But if we do get 2 more each phase, that's 18 so it means 3 for every phase plus 3 extra (eggs, gold, eggs here).

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    That awkward moment when the trash confuses Irvine who then shoots Rinoa for 2700 damage and ruins the mastery for that set of fights.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Holy shit, just beat Seifer, Fujin and Raijin without Sheepskin Coat RW!

This actually deserves a write-up. I didn't want to constantly reset for a good opening, so I went the high mitigation route.

Sentinel's Grimoire RW.

Sazh (52): Zeal; Mesmermize Blade/Galbadian Armor++/Giant's Ring; R4 Sleep Buster/R2 Mental Breakdown (this should have been R3 Faith like WHOA!)
    Aerith (54): Attunment II; Flail++/Adamant Bangle/Angel Wings; R1 Protectga/R4 Biora
    Selphie (51): Prayer of the Cetra; Sage's Staff/Edincoat/Angel Ring; R1 Shellga/R4 Diaga
    Rinoa (51): Devotion; Full Metal Staff/Ten Gallon Hat/Pearl Rouge; R3 Quake/R3 Firaja
    Quistis (51): Rod Master (maybe Impetuous Youth?); Light Rod/Estharian Helmet/Magic Armlet; R3 Thundaja/R4 Biora

I'm not sure if I should have stack Rinoa's Magic any higher at the expense of other characters'; her Firajas were doing 9300, so they were almost at the cap. On the other hand, stronger Quakes is the best way to speed up the fight. Sazh should have DEFINITELY had Faith. Mental Breakdown doesn't last very long and is impossible to reapply once someone is asleep, while at the same time being necessary to do enough damage to kill the bosses with the amount of hones I brought. Quistis had 2 charges of Biora left, and that was it; everyone else used every other charge of their abilities.

I had a good mix of 4* FF8 synergy as well as natural 5* gear, so I'm not sure if this method is repeatable by anyone. My hones aren't insane, but I've been playing since the second week, so I basically blew all my emergency orbs for this fight. I honed Sleep Buster from 1 to 4, Mental Breakdown to 2 (which was probably a mistake), Biora from 1-4, crafted a second Biora and honed it to R4, honed Diaga from 1 to 4, Quake from 2 to 3, and Thundaja from R1 to R3. Firaja was my only preexisting ability, and that's from farming Fire Ship continuously for a week. I had Protectga and Shellga from before as well.

It took me three tries to get it. The first time Aerith got knocked low in the initial round, but then I got my mitigation up and it was fine until much later and Raijin killed her when I let Protectga lapse. Oops. The second try Raijin did a Raijin special and blew someone up right away. The third try was just a normal attack from Raijin.

As far as S/Ling for a good start, it's not too demanding. Raijin is almost certainly going to attack first. If he does a Raijin Special, you should probably reset, but his normal attack is fine. Seifer's normal attack is fine with only Protect or SG up, but Fira absolutely has to have Shellga and SG up or you need to restart. Fujin you can take one attack with only one of the two mitigations up, except for Tornado, which needs Shellga and SG. You have to reset if she knocks someone to 1 HP with Sai though. Any of Sazh, Rinoa, or Quistis can cast the first SG.

Kill order was Fujin-> Seifer-> Raijin. Sazh put them to sleep in the same order. When everyone switched from Fujin to Seifer (letting Quakes finish Fujin off), I woke Seifer up with Mental Breakdown, then put him back to sleep. Same for the transition from Seifer to Raijin (though most people were out of abilities at that point).

One final note: make sure to use all your Thundajas before getting to Raijin.

E: I forgot to put Gaia Vest on Rinoa. ARGH! Don't forget to do that.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but RPGLimitBreak on Twitch is running a Final Fantasy marathon race for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). They're speed running 1 through 13. At the moment, both teams are on 5 with Team Moogle in the lead.

• Options
    How the hell do you guys have tablets?

• Options
    So looks like the news is that we were supposed to only get 2 tablets to start, but they screwed up and gave 10 instead. But they're not going to take them back or anything. Which means there'll be an additional 8 handed out, for a total of 18 tablets.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I haven't looked i

Gale Wings is physical. I noticed when I was using Leon with Draw Fire, it would only target him with that move.

• Options
    Shamus wrote: »
    I haven't looked i

Gale Wings is physical. I noticed when I was using Leon with Draw Fire, it would only target him with that move.

It's also Long Range i.e. unaffected by row.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    After 3 or 4 tries, i mastered forbidden treasure ++ without advance. I think Retaliate + Draw Fire on Tyro might just be my new fav. strat for completely nullifying enemy attacks that have no physical AoE. Other than that, Tyro just hits for a weak ~1k. The rest of my team are:
    Quistis w/ Thundaga R4 Waterja R2 hitting for 7k/9k
    Vivi w/ Comet R4 Blizzaga R4 hitting for ~9k
    Irvine w/ Magic Breakdown R2 / Mental Breakdown R2
    Selphie w/ Faith / Diaga R2 hitting for about 7.5k
    RW: Boon

I had no trouble getting RW/Magic Breakdown off on Ifrit on my attempts. After that, it was just the matter of setting up Tyro's draw fire and buffing up my black mages. Also possible to set up Magic breakdown for Pterya after Ifrit. Similarly, prebuff the mages with faith on the 2nd fight and queue up Mental Breakdown before going all out into the last fight. I lost one attempt because Quistis only had 3* spells on that try and couldn't do enough damage on the last fight so I honed one 4* spell just for that reason.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Oh cool. I drew a 5-star relic with a shared Soul Break. The Viking Coat, whose Soul Break does light physical water damage to all enemies. So, since this is light armor, the person I'm most likely to use it on is... Wakka.

...dammit.

• Options
    Oh cool. I drew a 5-star relic with a shared Soul Break. The Viking Coat, whose Soul Break does light physical water damage to all enemies. So, since this is light armor, the person I'm most likely to use it on is... Wakka.

...dammit.

Don't despair! It still has a higher damage multiplier, and provides solid defense regardless.

So after the Soul Break Bonanza and the FF14 event, I'm looking ahead to Cloud's second memory crystal, and the characters who've received theirs subsequently.

Characters with Memory Crystal 2:

Already 65 (gogo Retaliate):
    Cloud
    Sephiroth

Priority to level up to 65:
    Squall
    Tyro
    Cecil (PLD)
    Rinoa
    Tidus
    Wakka
    Cecil (DK)
    Lightning
    Fran

Stuck at 50 ATM:
    Lenna
    Red XIII
    Steiner
    Terra

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I don't have close to Max stamina but the 103 I have isn't nearly as nice as I thought it would be a month ago when I had half as much.

So many of the more recent stages require so much stamina that I'm not actually getting to play that much more.

Plus, you know, that much more stamina just takes that much more time to refill, more than 5 hours for my 103.

If I focused on story elites I could damn near regular refill my stamina every 2-3 maps; but the freaking events are too enticing!

Truly first world problems at their height. :P

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull. Highlights: Butterfly Edge is now +, Mage Masher is now ++. Continues my streak of always getting at least one 5 *, but not usually the ones on the banner.

With the extra Tablets, would it be worth it to open up the Normal rewards? I haven't decided.

• Options
    In terms of how much stamina EXP/Gold/upgrade materials are worth, go for the top 4 rewards for gold and eggs, and the top 3 for upgrade materials of both types.

• Options
    Either this Seymour is far easier than both the event and elite dungeon versions of the same fight, or the benefit of this being the 4th time around and knowing precisely what to do is paying off. Utterly, utterly spanked the a-hole.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Anyone tried Seymour yet?

This event seems to have enemies on the relatively low end, stat/hp wise, probably due to no synergies. I'm up to it but my phone battery is kaput, so I can't give it a go atm.

Wish I had a honed Carbuncle, but I suppose the one charge can be saved till after Anima. Alternately I could just bring a Runic Blade RW and use one at the top and one after Anima died. Probably better off advantaliating and relying on the sole carbuncle for the last phase and relying on shellga for the guardians and first bit of Seymour. Or I guess just SG and try to burn everything before its charges wear.

Besides the two guardians, this fight is all sorts of susceptible to retaliate. Depending on the guardians health I'm not sure if it'd be worth dicking with death/break, instead of just burning them down.

EDIT: I should reload sometimes. :P

The Dude With Herpes on

This discussion has been closed.