As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] Marauder announcement lands critical hit on wallets.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »

Yes please.

Gimme.

GIMME NOW.

Its like a mini Fafnir.

IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN!!

niRuUqI.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Who the fuck comes up with these paint jobs.

I actually like the paint scheme this time. Very festive.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I am currently in game if anyone cares to drop with little ol' me.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So, finishing up listening to the Town Hall. Still. Just finished it now, in fact.

You remember this video? The one so many of us love so dearly, for the vision of the then-future that it held? Before MWO was even a glint in a programmer's eye?

https://youtu.be/3CWr3ZUQJeo

DID YOU KNOW THAT EVEN THIS SHORT VIDEO, DUE TO ITS USE OF A WARHAMMER, CAUSED PGI TO GET A VISIT FROM HARMONY GOLD'S LAWYERS?

I mean, sweet baby christmas. What the fuck, Harmony Gold? I knew they were litigious, and zealous, and maybe the Warhammer wasn't the best choice there on PGI's part....but damn.

Holy shit, Russ dropping that little anecdotal nugget is just like...it makes me want to give PGI even more money to just keep at what they're doing, and actively flip the bird to anything Harmony Gold touches.

Yanno, that video has just random unintelligible stuff on the other cockpit screens and it makes it look so much nicer. I wonder why PGI just doesn't make some random shit for all the SIGNAL NOT FOUND screens.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    On a lark I dusted off my ERPPC thunderbolt, removed the Mlas and put 3ERPPCs on it.

It did some work, still hot as hell thans to the anti-IS nerfs, but did some work.

Can alpha once without overheating, and with trigger control you can put out a good minuteish of non stop ERPPC bolts.

I had fun with it, I imagine the Direwolf that was on the receiving end of that ERPPC barrage to his CT had less though.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I've been playing a little less than normal recently, due to getting hooked on the Witcher 3. Looking at the IIC mechs is really troubling for me, though. I feel like there's no reason to be playing IS once those hit. Clans are already superior to all but the most heavily quirked mechs and I don't see even those standing up to the incoming clan shenanigans.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I've been playing a little less than normal recently, due to getting hooked on the Witcher 3. Looking at the IIC mechs is really troubling for me, though. I feel like there's no reason to be playing IS once those hit. Clans are already superior to all but the most heavily quirked mechs and I don't see even those standing up to the incoming clan shenanigans.

Theres no heavily quirked IS mechs because the clanners cried.

Its why the ERPPC thunderbolt is poop compared to what it once was.

on an unrelated note, I wish PGI would give us sphere boys the PPC Capacitor.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    morning crew assemble! im on for a bit before i have to clean this pig sty.

@Buttcleft @Konphujun

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I also am playing.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the games gents. Hope to he back on tonight and grind out the Sparky.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    @HydroSqueegee if you edit a post to @ people they don't get the notification.

Doesn't matter this particular time since I wasn't even home at the time, but still, I didn't get the notification cause you edited the @s in after the post. :D

• Options
    @HydroSqueegee if you edit a post to @ people they don't get the notification.

Doesn't matter this particular time since I wasn't even home at the time, but still, I didn't get the notification cause you edited the @s in after the post. :D

Well I'll be dammed.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Hey guys, pritty new to this game and just wondering what mech can I fit the most gauss cannons on?

Running around with 2 on my king crab now, but I want mooooore!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hey guys, pritty new to this game and just wondering what mech can I fit the most gauss cannons on?

That would probably be the Dire Wolf, which can manage to squeeze in 4 gauss rifles.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Its worth mentioning you can only fire 2 gauss rifles at a time. PGI added a hard limit of 2 when the Dire Wolf came out.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Erlkönig wrote: »

That would probably be the Dire Wolf, which can manage to squeeze in 4 gauss rifles.

I want the one with 5 ballistic slots?

E: Is there a PA clan here too?

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Nips @HydroSqueegee @Betsuni @Konphujun and everyone else I never remember

I'm loggin in, and lighting the robit signal

• Options
    Hunchbros!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Hunchbros!

we're not really hunchbacks though

with your SRMs and my pewpew

Swaybros?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Hey Lil! We have two clans, one for IS and one for the Clan side. It only really matters for Community Warfare matches, but we're all (more or less) in one or the other (see the 2nd post of the thread for details).

Anyone in either Unit can get you an invite, just let us know your in-game name and which side you want in on!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options

Hey Lil! We have two clans, one for IS and one for the Clan side. It only really matters for Community Warfare matches, but we're all (more or less) in one or the other (see the 2nd post of the thread for details).

Anyone in either Unit can get you an invite, just let us know your in-game name and which side you want in on!

Looked at that in the OP. Ing is LilleDjevel.

What's the big difference between IS and Clan stuff?

And any recommended mediums? Was looking at Nova just for firepower.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Clanside I'd go Stormcrow, IS I'd go Enforcer or Hunchback or Centurion

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options

How do I know whats clan and whats IS? Is it the (c) at the end of names or?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    if its good, its clan.

If its covered in shit from the devs, its IS

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    if its good, its clan.

If its covered in shit from the devs, its IS

@Buttcleft please report to the negativity lance.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

c is Champion, they get more xp.

Clan mechs are Iirc set off in a separate purchase tab?

• Options
    edited June 2015

Need a mech? Don't know nothin bout nothin?
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

List of all the mechs, hardpoints, quirks, weapon stats, ghost heat info... everyhing. Look it over and ask questions.

want to know the latest meta to compete? What's hot what's not?
    http://metamechs.com/

Best resource available for top builds and mechs and for which game mode they're best suited for.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Need a mech? Don't know nothin bout nothin?
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

List of all the mechs, hardpoints, quirks, weapon stats, ghost heat info... everyhing. Look it over and ask questions.

want to know the latest meta to compete? What's hot what's not?
    http://metamechs.com/

Best resource available for top builds and mechs and for which game mode they're best suited for.

Great resources. I'm also a big fan of https://www.mechspecs.com/ . They have all variants of every chassis and builds for each, including a rating system. Very handy.

• Options
    Sparkey is fun
    0 basics. hot as hell. 2 LPL, 4ML

yPiHlc7.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The drop you guys had to go on, we actually pulled out out and beat them. Wasn't pretty, but got the job done.

I'm going to credit Hydro's suicide run confused them enough to cause the rest to pause.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    The drop you guys had to go on, we actually pulled out out and beat them. Wasn't pretty, but got the job done.

I'm going to credit Hydro's suicide run confused them enough to cause the rest to pause.

That's fantastic. Wondered how the match went. Kid crysis pulled me away.

I ran in, popped a UAV and dropped an arty in their blob. Made a few turn around and almost cored out a commando.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I love that you spelled it "kid crysis". Tell-tale giveways of gamer dads. :biggrin:

• Options
    Is there anyone available to invite me to [IOSK]? I think its time for me to make the change. At least until the Mauler and Black Knight come out. ;)

(@Nips)

• Options
    I love that you spelled it "kid crysis". Tell-tale giveways of gamer dads. :biggrin:

I put on my power armor and techno helmet...

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Easy there Lady Hydrogade.

• Options

Easy there Lady Hydrogade.

That's who I put it on for. :winky:

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

That's fantastic. Wondered how the match went. Kid crysis pulled me away.

I ran in, popped a UAV and dropped an arty in their blob. Made a few turn around and almost cored out a commando.

I hope you had prepared properly for this feat.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Man I tell you hwhat, the Sparky is up there with the Wang for being a fun ride. It's quick, nimble and packs a punch. Made back the 2 million I dropped on it for upgrades back before it was finished being basicd.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Is there anyone available to invite me to [IOSK]? I think its time for me to make the change. At least until the Mauler and Black Knight come out. ;)

(@Nips)

Deserter!

Edit: Is our contract ending soon? Didn't look when I dropped today.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Our contracts expired Thursday. Then I pushed the papers. So they're good again for another 28 days forward.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no